WWE Friday Night SmackDown

Friday 8:00 PM on Syfy Premiered Apr 01, 1999 In Season

goalkeeping-god

WWE Friday Night SmackDown Fan Reviews page 3 of 7

• I love Smackdown. Smackdown is changing Friday nights. I watch this show every Friday night at 8:00 on the CW network.

It doesn`t matter if this show isn`t live. Atleast we get to see it. My favorite current wrestler`s are Batista, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Boogeyman, Mr. Kennedy, and Deuce and Domino. I can`t wait until Rey Mysterio comes back. And I`m glad Batista`s back. He almost destroyed Mark Henry. Mark Henry is injured anyway because of an accident that happened on Saturday Nights Main Event. I`m glad he`s injured because I hate him. Batista won the World Heavyweight championship from King Booker at Survivor Series. Batista then lost it to the Undertaker at wrestlemania because the Undertaker defeated him for it. I hope Batista wins the World Heavyweight Championship again.
  • The Blue show of the WWE. I love Smackdown alot. Its my second favorite Brand in the WWE.

The Blue show of the WWE. I love Smackdown alot. Its my second favorite Brand in the WWE. The only reason its my Second favorite WWE brand, is because its a Taped show (not live), and my cable company doesent carry the CW Network anymore. I know alot of People like Raw better than Smackdown, but they are both good.
  • It doesn`t matter if this show isn`t live. Atleast we get to see it. My favorite current wrestlers are Batista, Bobby Lashley, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Mr. Kennedy, Boogeyman, and Deuce and Domino. I can`t wait until Rey

Mysterio comes back. And I`m glad Batista`s back. He almost destroyed Mark Henry. Mark Henry is injured anyway because of an accident that happened on Saturday Nights Main Event. I`m glad he injured because I hate him. Batista won the World Heavyweight Championship from King Booker at Survivor Series. Batista then lost it at Wrestlemania because the Undertaker defeated him for it. I hope Batista wins the World Heavyweight Championship again.
  • No where near as good as it's older brother Raw.

SmakeDown was once a great show when it first came out back in 1999. Back then they had better story lines, and wrestlers with the likes of Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, Mankind, Ken Shamrock, Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian, Big Show, Chris Jericho, and many others. Of course this was when there wasn't all these different championship belts, and it was all basically one entity. SmackDown as all the rejects of the WWE. You have the Boogeyman, I mean come on look at this guy. You've got two scrawny children as the tag team champions, that's just not right. You've got Kane and the Undertaker, who must be in their fifties, because they look it. Oh Yes King Booker T, that guy is ridicules. There are many more, I'm beginning to wonder if their trying to turn SmackDown into a comedy. Now don't get me wrong there are a few bright spots. First there was Eddie Guerrero before he died. Then there's Chris Benoit, who was much better on Raw. I think that's it.

I think I know a way to fix WWE. First you get rid of all the belts. keeping one WWE World champion, WWE Intercontinental champion, WWE United States Champion, WWE Cruiser Weight Champion, and Womens Champion. Getting rid of the other two championship belts and the other tag team belt. You get rid of a few wrestlers, and you have one team of wrestles competing on all the shows. You get more excitement and less confusion with all these different shows and titles.
  • SmackDown is AWESOME!!!

Even with the storylines, it still has good quality wrestling!! I started watching about a year ago, and I've seen almost every episode since then. Some episodes are dumb, in a way, but the wrestlers are good at what they do. My personal favorites are (both wrestlers and divas): The Undertaker, Kane, King Booker, Mr. Kennedy, Matt Hardy, Batista, London & Kendrick w/ Ashley, Gregory Helms, Michelle McCool, and Kristal.
  • I think Smackdown is better than Raw.

Smackdown in my opinion is a great show, and is a little better than Raw. It is better than Raw because it has my three favorite wrestlers. Undertaker, Chris Beniot, and Kane. Mostly The Undertaker though. Probably seventy percent of the wrestling fans like Raw better than Smackdown. The Undertaker is the most popular wrestler and most people think he should be on Raw. Smackdown has really good superstars. Like The Undertaker, Kane, Chris Benoit, Batista, The Late Great Eddie Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio. I always watch Smackdown when I can. Overall Smackdown in my opinion is better than Raw and I give it a solid 9.
  • A tiny bet less better than Raw

The only people i like on raw is Batista,rey rey,undertaker,boggyman,and teddy and like 3 more people or so.I like how like i think this friday that pasted boggyman had his on little boggy and finlay's little so called "bastard(Correct me if im wrong)" was fighting boggy jr. it was a heck of a fight but it turned out that finaly won.(he dident deserve to win).I dont remember if undertaker fought batista already tho on smackdown.i know they were going to have to fight at wrestlemania tho.Ok so back on topic in overall i would suggest to watch it like each 2 weeks or so but then u wouldent no what happened so but whatever in overall it is a dencent show with some(SOME) decent people
  • smackdown... the greatest current wrestling show

i really don't know why there are people that just hate smackdown. smackdown is by far my favorite. but, there one HUGE problem! it has my least favorite wrestler of all time on it: Batista! he is a worthless piece of trash who doesn't even deserve to be living. get out of the damn wrestling buisness if you can't wrestle. but no, vince always has to like all the morons that are clueless bodybuilders who have no real talent. i will admit lashley has some talent, but vince wants to make it look like he doesn't. ok, back to smackdown. smackdown is the dominant show in wrestling today. every match they put on is great (excluding batista matches obviously). smackdown has all the real talent. screw raw!
  • The Greatest Show In Sports Entertainment Today!

Although it may not be the "Flagship" show in the World Wrestling Entertainment, it is by far the Best. One reason is that its storylines are just so much more interesting then any other show's. Plus, the titles are more important, the stage is cooler, and even the announcers are more interesting. Of course Smackdown has always had the better announcers (Tazz and Michael Cole), but now, with the addition of John Bradshaw Layfield, they are better than Raw, impact, and ECW. JBL and Michael Cole make a great team; Michael Cole offers a very subjective perspective of all things, and JBL gives a completely objective veiw of everything.

Smackdown has always been my favorite show and, as long as I have been watching, it always has been the better show.
  • SmackDown is just as good as RAW

SmackDown is just as exciting as RAW because they have superstars such as Batista, Undertaker, King Booker, Mr.Kennedy and Finlay. They have cruiserweights which i most enjoy watching such as Gregory Helms, Paul London, Brian Kendrick and Chavo Guerrero. SmackDown is underappreciated compared to RAW even though it is just as good, if not, better. SmackDown have provided the best storylines in the past such as JBL vs Eddie Guerrero, Undertaker vs Randy Orton and King Booker vs Bobby Lashley.
    Cruiserweight matches are also the most exciting in my opinion, especially their Over The Top Rope Battle Royal matches. So it is obvious that unlike most people, I prefer SmackDown to RAW.
  • WWE Smackdown is an alright show.

WWE Smackdown has decent wrestlers at times, but some wrestlers just have no point in wrestling. There is no womens champion, but some divas are fighting each other, but a feud hasn't really started that would go on to a PPV. The main events are not as great as RAW, it's quite predictable that the champion is going to win, or the faces. The fact that it's not live, just doesn't put a feel in it as much, but it's still a good show anyway.
  • Smackdown!

Smackdown! has been one of my favorites since it came on tv every friday night I watch Smackdown! SD! is the 2nd best wresling show on right now the wwe has made 1st comes RAW the Smackdown! then ECW in my mind but SD! does need some new champions other than that they are all good they have have some of the best wreslers like The Undertaker and Kane Smackdown comes on every Friday night on the CW and it always Impress me I have not missed an episode for years now but I have to rate Smackdown! a 10
  • From Glory Days, To Gory Days. Why have I given this popular show such a low rating? Read the review for the answer.

WWE went downhill ever since Vince McMahon was forced to compete fiercely with WCW, and as a result, re-branded this form of Sports Entertainment. Unfortunately, he didn't rebrand it for the better, he did so for the worse.

I say this, because, rather than being about the highest level of wrestling with great characters and storylines, it's about nothing more than gratuitous violence, profanity, and bad role models. Can wrestlers being bloddied out of severe beatings be justified? If accidental, maybe. But this isn't the case with WWE, for this obsene level of violence is apparently "Sports Entertainment".

What is more, this show is viewed by children and teens. This show is supposed to be the "clean" version, though this has never been stated, it's implied. Clean?! These wrestlers have the audacity to use the worst curse words concieved by man, week in, week out. Scantily clad "WWE Divas" parade the show on a weekly basis, using hugely sexual body language, whilst being viewed by youths across the world - why? WWE is no longer suitable for families, and is another show on TV that manifests the current state of moral degredation.

This is such a shame, because the wrestlers ARE great athletes. Just think of some of some of the gruesome acts that have taken place on this show:

-Stephanie McMahon being beaten by A-Train, under instruction from her own father

-Vince frenching Trish Strattus in front of his disabled wife

-Jim Ross being stomped on and bloddied by Steve Austin

-Hulk Hogan being savagely bloddied, and then, having a fountain pen pierced into his opened flesh

-And, perhaps the most reprehensible act of all time on this show, Brock Lesnar beating a wrestler, who only had one leg, to the point of blodding him, knocking him unconscious, and then F-5'ing him into the ring post, breaking his leg, while his family was looking on.

Can this behaviour be justified? Just because something is not real, it doesn't give the liscence to do whatever violent act that can be done by one person to another. The glory days of WWE or "WWF" as it was once known, was from 1988-1995.

Wrestlers like Randy Savage, The Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Sid Justice, Ted Debiase, Bret Hart, The British Bulldog, and, of course, The Undertaker - these were the greats. Storylines that tought youths lessons. Two that come to mind were at Summerslam '91, where Virgil beat Ted Debiase, after weeks of discrimination, and on the same night, St. Slaughter reconciled himself with America again.

The quality of wrestling was better too. The wrestlers didn't pummel each other with punches to the head and abdomen, but they executed quality moves and submission holds.

There was no foul speech. This was really family viewing, entertainment for adult and child alike.

WWE has lost it's way, and it just gets worse, and worse, with storylines and matchups becoming more shocking and violent, and matchups becoming more predictable in their results.
  • With 2007 here SmackDown! has brought out the big guns.

Friday Night SmackDown! has become more popular lately and I say thats because The Big Red Monster. Since he was made to leave Raw and go to SmackDown!, SmackDown! has recieved better ratings everyweek and is getting a stronger fan base. Last week SmackDown! recieved their highest ratings ever since going to the CW. With Kane on SmackDown! there is no way they can go wrong, as long as they put him in a suitable story line. SmackDown! scored big a couple of months ago re-uniting The Brothers Of Destruction and I would bet we'll see them go for the tag titles a little later in the year. At least I hope. Also GM Teddy Long is pulling out the big stops for PPV matches. Announcing Ladder matches, Inferno matches, and the Last Ride match at the last PPV. The upcoming PPV No Way Out also features a four team ladder match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. If it were up to me i'd give SmackDown! a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
  • To tell the truth, id watch the pay-per-views, the flagship shows are kinda boring

4.8
    WWE hit a high point with its legendary superstars. Great match-ups like The Rock and Hulk Hogan just don't happen anymore.

The show's story lines are poor, theres no reason for them, for example the "Bride Of Kane" saga, there was no real start or finish to it, Lita just ended up shacking with Edge, she's married to Kane, it doesnt work out.

Some of the superstars them selves are kinda useless as well, Trevor Murdock for example, his gimmick is that he looks like he was beaten to an inch of his life with the ugly stick.

But to give it some credit, they do try to impress us, and some of the old school wrestlers do gain it some points, the show would fade out without The UnderTaker, Chris Benoit, Triple H & Kurt Angle.

Im going to stick to playing the games and watching WrestleMania on DVD
  • Second to the best wrestling show of all.

Smackdown is an awesome wrestling program. It has great wrestling, commentators, people or wrestlers, and most of all the crowd. This show can get your blood-pumping and get you excited. Some of the moves you see will stun you and make you want to try that but don't because you can hurt yourself. :P

You would love to be the wrestler. In all, this show is a must to watch if you like or love wrestling. Smackdown is awesome!!!
  • This show is about wrestlers and fake drama .

This show is about wrestlers and fake drama . But i still love it . my fav wrestler was stone cold steve austin and the rock was good too . i used to love those days whe they wrestled . i loved it how the rock and stone cold steve austin fueded ..it was good . Stone cold always won :P !! ... But yeah i love the show . i hate the mcmahons though .. but i love to watch the show every thursday i watch it . The best thing about it , is the drama though ..
  • I must say it is quite entertaining and I don't blame some for watching it.

Well Honestly I don't like WWE anymore and if I knew how I would delete my review, but since I don't know how I guess I'll tell a bit about it and what not.

So this is the wrestling entertainment type of TV so no it's not real and all the emphasis is on the word entertainment. This show is packed with your steriotypical characters from scary guys like the Undertaker to high-flyers such as Paul London. This Entertainment stays to a very amazing storyline that catches your attention, but I must say that without a storyline this show would be nothing at all. I mean sure you have some crazy guys that do crazy moves, but what's the point if none of it is real. So basically if your going for the storyline and the entertaining moves you stick with WWE Smackdown. However if you want real fighting I would honestly have to recomend some kind of proffessional fighting such as UFC. For these reasons I give WWE Smackdown a rating of 8.0
  • Welcome to Friday Night Smackdown!

Yes the storyline are some what poor going into 2007 but, Smackdown has really picked it's self up and is running on the likes of Batista, The Undertaker, Kane, Mr. Kennedy, The Boogyman, "The Rabid Wolverine" Chris Benoit, and even Gergory Helms. WWE Smackdown is my 2nd favorite show right now and if they keep doing all of this great wrestling then it may not be long till it's my most favorite show. The Tag Team divison does need some help, London and Kendrick can't stay tag champs for ever but they may be the best Smackdown has to offer. I really like wrestling alot and that all I'm going to say and I'm sticking by that.
  • Great if you like meat-heads

4.5
    When I was about 11 I thought this was the greatest thing ever invented. I was borderline obsessed. There are two reason I think why I just stopped watching it. Firstly I think I grew up. Secondly it split into two entirely different shows.

It was to much to keep up on, and the fact all the superstars had to split into either \'Raw\' or \'Smackdown\'. Was possibly the worst thing the show could do, with the exception of bringing back Ric Flair. The storylines are way to much to deal with, it was like watchin a soap opera with big muscly guys and blonde women. Neither of which could act.

I could get back into it, I think if the characters would need some depth..and the ability to actually act
  • "Smackdown in the A show"-JBL.And he's totally right ;) .I know people will say that i'm wrong but first read inside.

First of all 9,5 and Personal favorite are in comparing SD to other wrestling shows in their CURRENT(last 2-3 months) state.
    OKay so why do i think that SmackDown is the A show?
    Because it is superior to other shows in wrestling in most of it does:
    Commentators-Best team in wrestling now.JBL is hilarious.All those lines he makes at Micheal Cole and all of the wrestlers.Also he puts wrestlers over really good.While Micheal Cole not being that good(he can't because he's the play-by-play guy) he still makes some good lines at JBL.
    And while RAW team is quite okay but they're not that funny and The King is sometimes really annoying then he sees some diva.ECW team is bit worse than RAW's.And TNA's...well lets just say they make me not to watch the show.
    Hot women-well i'm not going to write a lot about this but it obvious that for typical wrestling viewer some good looking women is think needed.Because all of the wrestling shows has some hot Dives/Vixens/Knockouts i'm not going to comment it more.
    Wrestling(workrate,in other words how good are matches ignoring storyline)-Well while TNA has potentiotal to pass SmackDown in this one but they have too less time and they have Vince Russo...RAW doesn't have that many good wrestlers like SmackDown(i'm just going to point the most obvious ones :Reagal,Finlay,Benoit and there are some others who are really good).And ECW has too less time and good workers.
    Entertainment-Well this one hugely discussble but for me it is most interesting.While i'm not saying it is perfect but the only storylines that i don't like and take more than minute on each show are ones about Boogeyman and The Miz.And other than that all is quite good.For example:you can always hope for a good promo from King Booker or Mr.Kennedy,you can always be sure to get some fast-paced action from L&K,you can be sure that it won't have some stupid matches just because heel GM said that and most importantly for me it has only one wrestler who is always to go over and win or at least beat his opponent(Taker) while RAW has DX,Cena,Umaga...ECW doesn't have one but it is just one hour shows,same with TNA.
    Well what i'm basiclly saying is that SmackDown isn't "t3h b3TESTESTESTE SHOW EVER" but is superior compared to other shows which are on TV now.Oh and this review is just for show not PPVs.
  • good show, but its on the decline

7.2
    WWE is awsome, i have been watching since I was like 3 years old and it has gone through its rough times and its great times. In my opinion now is a litte bit of a rough patch, but as wrestling history has shown it will eventually get better. But even though it is on the decline right now i still love it. The pure skill of wrestling is what draws me most to the show. Not many people have a any idea how much work goes into putting on just one match let alone a whole show every week. I watch it for the sport of it and the storylines are sometimes a extra bonus

with all that said smackdown is on the decline, its is definately the B show in WWE
  • WWE is great for it's well-planned drama, but where's all the "WWE"?

This is a show about professilnal wrestlers, likely were actual wrestlers at once, fighting against eah other for various reasons. The show's drama is mmmm eh. It's watchable to the point where it does barely entertains me sometimes. However, the show most of the time is VERY predictable. When people think of actual "wrestling", they think who is the most fit and strongest between the competitors. well in this case, unfortunately, everything is fan-based. However, it lasted this long though, so I'll just wait and see. The show isn't too bad, but still, it's not breaking any records in the rating department either.
  • Brilliant,I couldn't live without it!

This show sets a very high standard.It is wrestling action at its best. It makes RAW look "bowling shoe ugly" and it has never been better. With superstars like Matt Hardy , Batista, King Booker and Rey Mysterio Jr.,it makes exiting viewing. It is on the CW Network and it has been there for 6 months. The show has a very defined style, and the GM of the show, Teddy Long, always makes sure that the matches on the show are the perfect quality. People see it as the "lower brand" of WWE .But this is a very solid show, and I dont care what people say, because SmackDown is the dominant brand of WWE.
  • wwe is great

i have to be honest smackdown has a better arena than raw and there referees wear smackdown clothing and raw referees just have a wwe sighn but i am more of a raw fan but smackdown is great to and i might be going to the wretlemania revenge tour i was hoping to go to raw but now i am going to smackdown because kane is my favourite wrestler and he has teamed up with undertaker as the brothers of destruction which is fabulous
  • My favorite of the two brands.

Layeth the Smackdown baby! To me the only thing Smackdown needs is a womens divison. Oh, and Raw needs a cruiserweight divison. To me it doesn't seem right that the women have to go over to Raw to be Women's Champ, and men have to go to Smackdown to be Crusierweight Champ. Anyway Smackdown would be the brand where you can relax a little. High flying, fun having, laugh out loud entertainment. They do need more wrestlers though. If you count the people on each roster Raw has more. I have to say, I love the WWE Draft, and Trade. It's nice to see them on a totally opposite show. I gotta say though, I miss Eddie being on there. The Latino Heat made it more fun.
  • returning to the top

What was once one of the greatest shows on television was ruined by the dirty hands of Vince McMahon. But now it seems to be making a comeback. Remember back then when wrestling fans would go in a frenzy and watch Smackdown every Thursday to see influential stars like The Rock and Stone Cold, those were the days. However just because a couple of classic superstars are gone from a show doesn't tarnish the product. Smackdown is still a good show with new up and coming young talent like Kennedy, Bobby Lashley, and MVP. Of course just like everything on television, it is flawed. Granted that a couple of storylines are way too dramatized, and some wrestlers are just completely boring, but that still does not take away from the art that is wrestling. Watch Smackdown Friday nights, just one episode, and see if you like it, it may not be as good as it used to be but it still sure is better than a lot of the overrated dramas on other networks. Being running for six years, Smackdown has been my favourite brand ever since I had a interest in wrestling. Smackdown had great general managers since The Owner of the WWE, Vince McMahon and Ric Flair both owned 50% of the WWE. With todays manager, Theodor Long can make you laugh as well as make you suprised as for what he has in store for the WWE superstars.
    Speaking of superstars, lets talk about them. All the Smackdown wrestling superstars are amazing. They have people that can make you tap out, slam you on the mat really hard, wrestlers that may never give up, wrestlers that are big or small ect. What happens on Smackdown depends on whats will come (e.g ECW making a comeback on the Smackdown superstars, beating the hell out of them. And I'm glad that my favourite wrestler was involved in that incident)
    Overall, Smackdown is my favourite show of all time. If your a wrestling fan and your into many skilled and strong wrestlers or into less violance and hardcore wrestling, this is the show for you like to watch smackdown.It has some interesting matches.
    Sometimes it's better than Monday night raw.My favorite wrestler is The Undertaker.He is the best.I have all his videos that he has come out with.He was good as American
    bada-- but he's better as The Undertaker.I love his music.I miss Paul
    being with him.He was good at what he did.So far he has been
    undeafted in wrestler mania. 14-0.No one can ever take his
    place.He is one of a kind.I love his tombstone move.I loved
    his mototcycles that he rode when he was American bada--,But
    he is better as The Undertaker. He has good moves,and he did
    the last ride move.When he does the last ride,and the tombstone,nobody gets up. When It first aired, I thought Smackdown was going to be a crappy show with a bunch of jobbers running around the ring like on Velocity and Heat, but I was wrong. I fell in love with it, Stone Cold, Triple H, The Rock and so much more! But now they have wrestlers like Booker T, Batista, etc. I miss the good ole' days. Thanks for reading my review WWE Fans and keep watchingSmackdown is awsome 100 times better then Raw. Smackdown has all my favorite superstars, Tatanka, Matt Hardy, Batista, Lashly, Chris Benoit, Michael Cole, Theadore Long, and my personal favorite The Undertaker. Smackdown has more action, more fans and more storie lines, And I can't get enough of that awsome Smackdown logo. The only thing that I miss is the good old Additude Era of the WWE they had memerable superstars like, The Rock, and Stone Cold. And another thing they need to bring back Brock Lesner, he was cool. Smackdown will always be my favorite wrestling show no matter what
    for a little while smackdown was going down but now it is coming back up to the top go smackdown
  • I love it!

This show is awsome!The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler. He is so scary and his eyes freak me out and Mr. Kennedy is so stupid. Not one of my favorite wrestlers. I also love Rey Mysterio. I like all the high flyers except Gregory Helms. He's been cruserwieght champion of the world too long. Undertaker should wrestle Batista for the title. Now i'd pay to see that match. That would be so awsome and he shouldnt have lost to Kurt Angle on that fluke match last year at No Way Out. All in all this show rocks and is one of my favorites.
  • Smackdown is a good wrestling show.

I like to watch smackdown.It has some interesting matches.
    bada-- but he's better as The Undertaker.I love his music.I miss Paul
    being with him.He was good at what he did.So far he has been
    undeafted in wrestler mania. 14-0.No one can ever take his
    place.He is one of a kind.I love his tombstone move.I loved
    his mototcycles that he rode when he was American bada--,But
    he is better as The Undertaker. He has good moves,and he did
    the last ride move.When he does the last ride,and the tombstone,nobody gets up.
  • Great, but need to be back on Thursday Nights!

WWE Smackdown is a good show, but needs to be back on Thursday Nights. When Everybody Hates Chris came on Smackdown had to be replaced from its Thursday Night Block. (I like Everybody hates Chris but why didn't they put it on tuesday or something)

When It first aired, I thought Smackdown was going to be a crappy show with a bunch of jobbers running around the ring like on Velocity and Heat, but I was wrong. I fell in love with it, Stone Cold, Triple H, The Rock and so much more! But now they have wrestlers like Booker T, Batista, etc. I miss the good ole' days. Thanks for reading my review WWE Fans and keep watching!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7