WWE Friday Night SmackDown

White Noise

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 02, 2007 on Syfy

• The Little Leprechaun's name is Hornswoggle?

Welcome once again, everybody. I'm still fellow TV.com episode reviewer Roy Stantz, and tonight, we're reviewing the March 2nd 2007 episode of WWE Smackdown, which is emanating from San Jose, Calafornia.

The World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista comes out in all white to a mixed reaction and talks about how his Wrestlemania opponent the Undertaker just loves a good challenge, not wrestling stereotypical Disney monsters such as Kamala, Giant Gonzales, Yokozuna, Kama the Supreme Fighting Machine, King Viscera, Mark Henry, or the Great Khali. Just then, on the Titantron, footage of a graveyard at night is shown, and The Undertaker shows up in the graveyard and tells Batista that he will be in for quite a hellish time at Wrestlemania 23, because without death, there cannot be life....so all things must die..... after seeing the 'Taker fill an empty grave, Batista stood there silently.

King Booker and Queen Sharmell come ringside, JBl kisses Booker's ring, as well as force that gay homo Michael Cole to kiss it as well, as we get ready for another Money In The Bank qualifying match, this time pitting Matt Hardy against Joey Mercury and his Virgil noseguard. Didn't I see this match like, seven weeks ago?

Whatever the case, Booker's commentary is the highlight of this match, and he nearly gives himself a heart attack. Matt beat Mercury (AGAIN!), and goes on to the annual Money In The Bank Match at Wrestlemania 23.

Kristal Marshall interviews Montel Vontavious Porter, who is completely confident about beating Chris Benoit and Fit Finlay in a Money In The Bank triple threat qualifiying match later tonight. If Benoit and MVP are gonna be wrestling each other at Wrestlemania 23, their feud needs a little spice, such as, I don't know, MVP trying to hit on Benoit's real life wife Nancy aka Woman.

We are also reminded that tonight Ashley Mazzaro will be facing Brooke Hogan...oops sorry, I mean Jillian Hall.

Up next, we have a cruiserweight six-man tag-team match pitting Scotty 2 Hotty, Shannon Moore, and Jimmy Wang Yang against Gregory Helms, Koshrow Daivari, and the Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero. This is something, one part Too Cool (Scotty), two parts 3 Count (Helms and Moore), one part Jung Dragons (Yang), one part Los Guerreros and Misfits In Action (Chavito), and the ex-partner of Muhummad Hassan (Daivari).

This is a very great match where the cruiserweights get to do what they do best: pull of high-flying moves. The highlight is seeing 3 Count explode when Helms and Moore are wrestling each other. The babyface cruiserweights win the match when Jimmy Wang Yang hits a Whisper Of The Wind Moonsault on Daivari for the winning pinfall.

After being shown the beating that Rey Mysterio Jr. received at the hands of the Intercontinental Champion Umaga, Vince McMahon comes out and runs his mouth. I don't bother to watch this segment until the ECW Champion Bobby Lashley comes out and says that he will enjoy beating Umaga at Wrestlemania 23. Vince slaps Lashley and runs for the hills.

I am not this one bit interested in Ashley Mazzaro being the new cover girl of Playboy, because she sucks, unlike her upcoming opponent...

After (thankfully) not witnessing the unveiling Ashley's Playboy cover, Jillian Hall come out, ready to sing. Now, from what I've heard, Jillian's terrible singing character is based off of Brooke Hogan. The WWE is using Jillian as retribution to Brooke's father Hulk Hogan for revealing the names under consideration for this year's Hall Of Fame over the radio, which infuriated Vince McMahon to say the least. Jillian's now being marketed as that character, so it looks like it's permanent.

Jillian debuted the character at the February 9th 2007 episode of SmackDown in Omaha, Nebraska a few weeks after the Hulkster accidentally read the HOF candidacy list on the Bubba the Love Sponge show while drunk. Jillian had her hair styled after Brooke. She was also given accented contact lenses to make her eyes the same unusual blue color that Brooke's eyes are.

As it turns out, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley and Triple H actually came up with the character, not Vince McMahon. Vince simply okayed it because he's currently upset with the Hulkster. Also, Triple H holds great disdain for Hogan, so this thing shouldn't come off as a surprise, brother.

Anyways, onto the match, Jillian is a lot more cuter than that ho-bag Ashley (which means that I'll be tuning in to watch Jillian since my other favourite WWE diva Mickie James will be taking some time off after her upcoming match with the Women's Champion Melina Perez this Monday on WWE Raw). But unfortunately, Ashley wins the match, meaning she will be facing the winner of the upcoming falls count anywhere match between Mickie James and the Women's Champion Melina Perez. I already know who's gonna win that one...

I am also reminded that besides Dusty Rhodes and Curt Hennig, Jerry The King Lawler will also be inducted into the Hall Of Fame. I like the videoclips that focus around his stint in Memphis, including his feud with Andy Kaufman, but I wanted to see the footage of when Lawler was forced by Bret The Hitman Hart to kiss his own foot.

It's time for the triple threat match for another spot in the Money In The Bank Match at Wrestlemania 23. It's Fit Finlay vs. Chris Benoit vs. Montel Vontavious Porter. Prior to the match, Finlay's midget sidekick the Little Leprechaun comes out and attacks both Cole and JBL. Finlay reminds them that his midget friend's name is Hornswoggle.

The match between Finlay, Benoit, and MVP is great, and Finlay wins when he hits both of his equals with his shilleagh after Hornswoggle distracts the referee. Now, Fit Finlay will be facing Edge, CM Punk, Mr. Kennedy, King Booker, Matt and Jeff Hardy, and one more guy in the Money In The Bank Match at Wrestlemania 23. And to celebrate, I bring to you a Finlay Fact:

Ever wonder what happened to all those characters of the day who were never seen again after making only one appearance each in all those filler episodes of the anime "Pokemon"? One name: Fit Finlay!

Bobby Lashley defends the ECW Title against Mr. Kennedy in a hardcore match, but I don't care because this ECW is a complete joke. Lashley wins, blah blah blah, the episode comes to a close.

And to end this review, I've heard that Vickie Guerrero is going to be the new General Manager of Smackdown. If that's the case, then the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are upon us! Repent your sins while you can, folks, and I will see you next time!
  • read it

Now, both of the Hardys are in the Money in the Bank match. I like the idea of having 8 guys in the match. It's a good way to get guys on the card that have worked for so long and really deserve to be on there. Finlay is an older guy who has trained a lot of the younger wrestlers, not to mention his stint in WCW. King Booker has been in the title picture, but I honestly don't see him having another run like he did in 2006. Matt Hardy is the most underrated wrestler in the Wwe. He gets hardly any breaks. He's over with the crowd, yet, he gets buried or really doesn't get an opportunity he deserves. Jeff Hardy has gotten a push since he returned to the WWE. I'm one of the ones that's very happy Jeff has returned to. He could have been the face of Tna, but, that didn't work out. Edge has won the belt. Edge is a guy that's won this match already. I really don't look for him to repeat. cm Punk is the wild card in this match. I'm really looking to him to get a run within the next year or so. I personally thinks he deserves it. He's been built up and he's over with the fans. I honestly think he could pull the upset. Mr. Kennedy is our next competitor. I've already staked the claim that he will win a world title by Summerslam or sometime around that time. So, Kennedy is another one that has a good shot at winning. This is a star-studded Money in the Bank match! As for the last competitor, I think it will be Randy Orton or Elijah Burke. The next order of business is Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania. I've received some e-mails about what's going on with Benoit at Wrestlemania. I've heard the rumors of Benoit defending the belt against Finlay to open up Wrestlemania. Whenever I heard these, I was very excited. This would have been the best wrestling match of the night. These two would have put on a technical wrestling fan's dream match. Now, with the triple threat match between Finlay, Mvp, and Benoit, I think it will be a Benoit-Mvp[ match at Wrestlemania. I think Mvp is ready to feud with Benoit, but I don't know if he's ready to carry the title. But, a few Wrestlemania's ago, we saw John Cena win the United States Championship from Big Show and the next year, he won the Wwe Championship. I'm not saying this could push Mvp to win the World Heavyweight Championship, but there's a chance. Now, the Cruiserweight division has been impressing me lately. I'm not saying have another Gauntlet match. But, at Wrestlemania, they need to have a 4-way match or a 6-pack challenge. These guys could potentially take over the X Division. I hope when Rey Mysterio comes back, he will join the Cruiserweights and re-establish the division. I know Lashley is part of Ecw, but he's also part of the Battle of the Billionaires. I think Vince is doing a smart thing by "stacking the deck" against Lashley every chance he gets and then Lashley goes over. I think I believe this was done to maybe The Rock and Stone Cold and a few others. I'm not saying Lashley will ever be a Stone Cold or a Rock. But, Lashley is being built up and we all know Trump won't get his head shaved. That's like Funaki becoming the Wwe Champion. It won't happen. Trust me. Now, the Wwe tag Team Championships have taken a backseat this week. They need a tag title match at Wrestlemania. They won't get one from Raw, unless Cena & Michaels lose the belts pretty quick. I'm sure London & Kendrick and Deuce & Domino could put on a pretty good show. I wouldn't mind getting Taylor & Regal back in the title picture. They really need a tag title match on the card. Come on creative team, get on it!
  • Great!!!!!

Great SD! a much better episode then last week I loved the Undertaker promo and great matchs I just cant even say how much I loved this episode I cant put into words a great show great great great show but the Ashley vs Jillan match was dumb in real life if them two would get to a match and the match was already picked who will win Jillan Hall would crush Ashley and The little bastard real name was revaled not crazy about his realname Little bastard was a much funnyer name but besides them 2 things SD! was great I rate SD! a 9.4!
NEW