Micki & Ryan

MissValleri

[1]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 5
    I've been watching my tapes of F13th the series! And I love how these two are together! I dunno, sometimes I'd get the impression that there was something there...well at least in the very beginning Ryan didn't hide it. But later it just felt suggestive.

Heads You Live, Tales You Die - The scene where Ryan loses Micki, and she dies is soo revealling. And when she returns, I love how he sticks around because she's back!

Symphony B# - Haha! I really think Micki came across as a bit jealous until she put the pieces together

Master of Disguise - When Micki is off dating that actor, and Ryan gets a bit suspicious?

Anyhow, I was curious if anyone else here are fans?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mxcmm

[2]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 7
    I got that impression too, Ryan was in love with Micki in the first season, maybe the writers forgot there were cousions sometimes. (LOL). Yeah I did like the show, wish Paramount would release it on dvd sometime this decade. I don't trust the bootleg dvds of the show. I only started watching it when the sci fi channel showed reruns back in the late 90s to 2002. Though I can recall watching one of the episodes when the show aired in the 80s.

Chuck

MissValleri

[3]Dec 17, 2006
    Well, I thought they were distant cousins, lol. At least that was my impression. Like 3rd or 4th...it was weird because in the Pilot they hadn't seen each other in ages, and it seems like they didn't know each other, and I know with close cousins, etc. you're at least familiar with one another. lol.

Anyhow, I dunno, there were moments where I thought...huh? C'mon, let's just have them do something! I can't bring myself to watch past beginning of the third season. I think John de la May (sp?) did such a great job as being part of the trio, it was hard to take watching someone else kind of fill in that space.

Yet, I understand if he felt burnt out playing the role because didn't the series do like 26 episodes the second or first season? LOL The dvds I have are just tranferred copies I made from my old OLD vhs/beta (god, remember beta? LOL) tapes. They were getting old I did a marathon, and came across the episode Coven of Darkness? And there's this moment in the end where I was like. OMG! Where did that come from?

Even when Micki "died" in like S2 I've never seen Ryan give Micki a kiss...and it wasn't smootchy hot or anything, but it was definitely more than "friends". lol. He kisses her forehead, and just looks at her, and I swear they're like inches away from each other's face.

LMAO, poor Jack is like... "I'll leave you two to go to your rooms" LOL, was my mind in the gutter. lol. It was kind of strange and out of character...maybe they were throwing fans a bone before Ryan exited the show And I love the episode about the poolstick, Johnny comes in, and pratically harasses Micki to go out with him. LMAO, Johnny breaks into the bar, literally grabs ALL the pool sticks, and barges into Curious Goods at god knows what hour, and gives them to Micki. lol. The look on Johnny's face when she starts breaking them is priceless. "The one I'm looking for can't be broken!" she screams at him. lol.

It's strange because during the last few episodes leading to Ryan's departure, Micki and Ryan refer to themselves as partners. I remember, for a while it was..."this is Micki Foster, my COUSIN." LOL

Anyhow, I'm glad to find someone else who is a fan of this series!

Man, why can't they put it on DVD Oh well, at least there's youtube for the pilot! LOL

mxcmm

[4]Dec 19, 2006
    Hey Valleri,
    I think Micki and Ryan were second cousions. I can't remember, but Ryan mentioned to his mother, micki was cousin catherine's daugther. Which would mean micki mother's was ryan's mother's cousin. Is that third cousins? I lost track. I actually found the pilot episode on youtube the other day too. I normally watch the Mutant X videos. I hope the person who put up the F13th pilot will add more episodes or rotate them.
    There are a couple sites on the net that sell the show on dvd, but I'll wait til Paramount releases. Also, I can't remember some of the episodes, since it's been so long seen scifi channel took it off the air.

MissValleri

[5]Dec 20, 2006
    guh! I know what you mean, I'm soo geeked-out by the show it's almost annoying having all these F13th references but no one to discuss with it...well, until now! LOL.

Okay, I don't know if we can post images here, but this is a little animated .gif from that episode Coven of Darkness? With the infamous, kiss to forehead. lol.

mxcmm

[6]Jan 1, 2007
    Hey Valleri,
    Have u ever thought of making your own website for the show or a message board? You know some much about the show. How did u find that animated image anyway?

chuck

Fallon97

[7]Mar 4, 2007
    I loved Micki and Ryan's relationship. Ryan was so protective of Mick, and always took really good care of her. They had really great chemistry together. Also, I was kinda torn between wanting them to become more than friends, or just having a sweet, special, and very close friendship......but overall, I would have loved to seen Micki and Ryan become a romantic couple. Ryan was just too cute when he would get jealous of one of Micki's boyfriends. lol
    Edited on 09/10/2008 12:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mxcmm

[8]Mar 6, 2007
    I kind wondered too what would have happened if the show made them more then friends? Would have been interesting to see how that could have developed.

keepgoinFBIWmn

[9]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 15
    Hi Guys--here from the XF forum. i didn't think this place existed for FTTS!!! Um, I think Micki and Ryan were cousins by marriage only--they weren't related by blood, and Ryna DID have a theing for Micki early on, then on and off as the series progressed. I don't she ever thought of him like that tho.

MissValleri

[10]Mar 25, 2007
    actually *blushes* I made it I converted all my old beta/vhs tapes of FTTS and put it on DVD It wasn't too hard making the little animation

And yeah, I would love to make a fansite I just need more time. If I get a chance to do it, you all will be the first to know

MissValleri

[11]Mar 25, 2007
    yeah, you know...there were "moments" and it's like they have this understanding. The writers seemed to have changed the direction as soon as, I guess, they knew John de la May was leaving the series

That animation is from, i believe one of the last episode preceding the three episode arc for his departure.

mxcmm

[12]Mar 27, 2007
    I got the impression that Micki wasn't really interested in Ryan like he was to her in the beginning.
    Glad your back Miss Val. How is the picture quality on the dvds when you transferred them from VHS? If you ever make a fansite let me know

MissValleri

[13]Apr 11, 2007

Aww! Thanx! I've been trying to recapture them but they're taking longer than I expected But I do have good news! I found a great way to make some awesome episode screencaptures! Yup!

I may not get episode clips right away, but I will be able to make entire screencapture from them I'll post up info at this forum!

I'm just thrilled to meet other F13th Fans  

jxsilicon9

[14]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 10
    Yea there was something there. They were cousins by marriage but the writers never decided to go any further. Probaby because it would be too disturbing.

Fallon97

[15]Apr 18, 2007
    But it wouldn't be disturbing since they were not blood-related.  They were also strangers when they met.  So, they weren't even raised together.  So, there would have been nothing at all wrong with them dating each other.

mxcmm

[16]Apr 24, 2007
    yeah your right Fallon, there wasn't much of a family blood connection. I don't think it would have been that bad if there dated.

Fallon97

[17]May 7, 2007
    Exactly!  You can't help who your relatives marry.
    Edited on 05/07/2007 10:35am

Shaz07

[18]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    This is my first ever post and I can't believe there are actually other Friday the 13th fans out there!!! With me being in the UK nobody (and I mean nobody) seems to have heard of the show! Mind you it was only aired at 1am here for about 7 wks or so back in 1991, from what I can remember! As for Ryan and Mickey - Ryan did totally fancy Mickey - I think - in the Baron's Bride episode. He seemed very protective of her (and jealous) in this particular show.

mxcmm

[19]Jun 26, 2007
    Don't worry I can't remember much of the eps. since SCIFI channel here in the US stopped airing a few years ago. Ryan did have a major cursh on Micki. I think it tappered in the second season, I guess he realized he wasn't going to get with her lol. Actually if you head over to youtube you can catch up on some of the eps of the show. That's what I do until the show comes out on dvd or a torrent site.

Shaz07

[20]Jul 1, 2007
    • level: 1

Oh thanks anyway, but I have seen all of the shows. I bought all the seasons on dvd from somebody on e-bay who taped them all off the sci-fi channel I think. They are quite good quality considering (apart from the odd advert appearing here and there).