Friday the 13th: The Series

Tales of the Undead

Aired Unknown Jan 30, 1988 on

• Micki and Ryan take on the power of a cursed comic!

An interesting episode that involves a cursed comic book whose creator Jay Star, portrayed by Ray Walston, uses the power to take revenge upon those who he perceives to have wronged him. To heighten the impact of these scenes, the picture for the viewer switches from normal to a comic book look in the time it takes for Jay to transform into the unstoppable monster from his stories. I have to say, the way Ryan and Micki managed to retrieve the cursed book and defeated the deranged monster was unexpected and inventive.

A good episode of this series. Well written and acted!
  • Watch out for Ferrus the Invincible! Micki and Ryan search for a comic that makes its possessor into a giant invincible creature.

Before Ryan can buy a rare comic book, it is stolen and used by the thief to turn into the main villain and kill the comic store clerk. Discovering that it's a cursed object, Micki and Ryan must stop the killer before it's too late. The comic book picture scenes were a really nice touch. Ryan gets to be a hero and stop the villain. I used to watch this show regularly when I was a kid. Then they stopped showing it. I decided to watch this one after I saw that it was on. I recently became a comic book fan and this was the perfect episode to get watching it some more.