Friday the 13th: The Series

Year of the Monkey

Aired Unknown Jan 27, 1990 on

7.6
  • While trying to recover a tea set from a samurai and then are sent to track down a set of 3 monkey statues from Tanaka who uses them to test his adult children\'s honor and if they fail they die and he is rejuvinated.

This was a different format for the show but it was enjoyable. It was neat to see the \'Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil\' used as a curse. What I like about the this particular episode was that it was a test of honor. The monkey statue would show the person what he/she could use it for, to either break laws or deal with employees and if he/she accepted the use of the power they had a choice to kill themselves honorable or the statue will kill them.

That being said, Tanaka was still evil. I didn\'t understand the thing where when the daughter passed the test, apparently the first on in Tanaka\'s very, very long life, and then she was suppose to kill him. So instead she kills herself and he goes back to being youthful.

Over all it was a good episode and I miss being able to even find the series.