A Friends Community
NBC (ended 2004)

Guys, if you have a couch nearby that needs to be moved upstairs, you might want to sit down, because Friends has been off the air for a decade. No, you didn't read that incorrectly; today really does mark the tenth anniversary of the seminal comedy's series finale, which aired May 6, 2004 on NBC. We still haven't heard back from President Obama regarding our request that he declare today a national holiday, so while we wait, we're just going to have to celebrate by discussing our favorite moments from Friends' 10-season run. I've collected a handful of my own to get the party started; share your own in the comments!

PIVOT!

This moment is so engrained in my brain that as soon as Ginsberg and Don attempted to move a couch on this week's episode if Mad Men, I immediately yelled, "Pivot!" at my TV. 

Miss Chanandler Bong

As sitcoms go, Friends is pretty timeless, but if there's one thing that does show its age, it's the fact that the guys had a paper subscription to TV Guide Magazine.

"It tastes like feet!"

Mmmmm, a traditional English trifle with a layer of beef sautéed with peas and onions! I'll have to remember the bathroom line for the next time I'm invited to a dinner party.

"Could I BE wearing any more clothes?"

Is it too late to launch a Kickstarter to buy Chandler more clothes? I mean, if that's really everything he owned...

The prom video

All together now: "Awwwwwwwww!"

"She's your lobster!"

Don't say Friends never taught you anything. Now you know how lobster mating patterns work!

Unagi!

It's not sushi! It's a concept!

What are some of YOUR favorite Friends moments? Share your favorite quotes, videos, and .GIFs in the comments!

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/6/2004

Season 10 : Episode 20

188 Comments
Comments (180)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
They don't know we know they know we know!
Flag
Bagpipes + bloopers!

and... The Truth:

Flag
My favorite is one of Joey's lines, after someone stole everything in their apartment. It's at 1:10.

Flag
How about when Monica and Chandler were at the fertility clinic? Monica assured Chandler that no one knew him, and then suddenly "OOOOH, MYYY GAWD!", from, of course, Janice. Chandler, speaking for the audience, said "Oh, COME ON!"
Flag
I wanted to put a shout out to this scene. I especially love when Joey is looking at the fountain.

Flag

Flag
Aww, that has to be the best moment ever...
Flag
Is the old lady on the bike still alive?
Flag
When a friend endeavors to get you back, has access to your clothes, and threatens to wear EVERYTHING you own, you best follow after him, because he's got something pretty major planned...plus lunges..
Flag
I tried but I honestly can't pick a single one, there are so many and as i kept watching and reading different ones, i just kept laughing so hard by just remembering each situations.
Flag
One of my favorite moments was when Ross found out Rachel knew he had a crush on her. She said Chandler told her, and Ross replied "When did he when did he when did he?" like it was a sentence. I love that.
There are so many moments that I loved. I liked when the gang attended Ross and Monica's mom's anniversary party and Phoebe threw a raw oyster on the floor. Later, Joey told Chandler he slipped on a giant booger. And Joey's patented "How you doing?" I loved the wedding dress episode and when everyone found out about Monica and Chandler. I loved all the episodes where they were hiding their romance. I hope this thread stays up a long time because I keep thinking of more.
Flag
Any mention of Ugly Naked guy
Flag
TOW the prom video, no competition for me :)
Flag
Has to be the thanksgiving episode where ross and joey go to a game and arrive late to Monicas and Joey suggests they should say they were mugged for an excuse, and then rips the pocket off ross' shirt, or the one where ross is hiding in Bruce Willis' bedroom.
Flag
the one where Chandler and Rachel are stealing the cheesecakes; they fight and drop the cheesecake on the hallway floor, then they try and eat it off the ground and Joey comes by and asks "What are we eating here?" and pulls out a fork out of his jacket pocket and joins them.
Flag
Without a doubt the scene where Monica teaches Chandler the erogenous zones. I still can't say the number 7 without it coming out 'seveeeennn!'

Flag
Paper, snow, a ghost!!!
Flag
lol. i forgot that one.
Flag

Flag
That is also one of my favorites!
Flag
Has to be the one where Ross is fine!!!
O is for Oh Wow!!! And EEEEEEEEEEEE...... Gets me every time - especially when oven pings and he doesn't know what it is for lol

Best comedy series ever on TV, here's hoping for a new episode some time in the future!
Flag
Love it, love it, love it! One of the best shows ever made! I'm wondering how often I will do a re-run of watching all the episodes. Nearly once a year, there is always a time for it! (Just started again a week ago ;-) )
Favourite moments coming to my mind right now:
Phoebe teaching Joey French (hilarious!), Joey and the spitting actor (a famous one, who was that again?), Monica and the boots, everybody finding out about Chandler and Monica, Phoebe's "I wish I could, but I don't want to" (I am not sure, if I got all the words correct), etc. and so on...
I know what I will do now!
Flag
Gary Oldman. That was so FFFunny!
Flag
Oh, there are so many moments... The moment that Rachel discovers that she has "magic beans". The moment that Chandler discovers that his mother kissed Ross ("You kissed my best Ross" or something to that effect). The moment when they all see the hairless cat ("Why is it inside out? Baking it didn't help?"). The moment that Rachel discovers that Ross loves her. When Rachel sees Ross and Julie together. The moment that Ross discovers that he is loved by Rachel or, better yet, that she is over him even if she'd never been "under him" ("When were you... under me?" LOL sooo cute). The moment where the ship has sailed, but they end up kissing. The "She's your lobster" moment. The moment where Phoebe is getting dressed and her head gets stuck on the sleeve ("What, Monica? I'm scared). The moment where Monica and Chandler get back to NY and they are still on "London time" (Yep, it counts!). The moment where Chandler and Monica get into a fight and he thinks they are breaking up (that's why he never had a long relationship). Oh, man, 10 years worth of unbelievably amazing moments, but I have to get back to work. I wish I could go on (and on, and on, and on...).
More+
Flag
Pretty much any scene with Ross. Bestest and funniest!
Flag

Flag
theres no shame in a bro nap ;-)
Flag
The one time when chandler seeks advice from monica and rachel about his commitment issues........the peeing off the mountain analogy.......still hilarious
Flag
Phoebe trying to seduce Chandler! Just everything about that entire scene.
Flag
Chandler: "The woman is insane. It's before work. It's after work. During work, she has me doing butt clenches at my desk and now…... they won't bring me my mail"
Flag
"Cheese... ..it's milk, you can chew"! - C.Bing

If you're afraid of something, gotta face it.. You afraid of bugs?.. .. Get a bug! -Joey
Flag
LOL! I forgot that one. It always makes me laugh. Get a bug!
Flag
ten years already? can't believe it's been so long. ah. I still remember whan I wactehd the last epsiode: in Italy the last season aired on rai2 from 9pm to 10.30, on Sunday, and I think I sniffed a little as I said goodbye to the central perk crew (on an outside note: in Tourin, there was a cafè called The Central Perk, that inside was the photocopy of the Friends one, insigna included)
Flag
Sniffed a little.. Coke? :-0
Flag
I have always loved the part where Ross tries to apologies on the radio for making his pros and cons list for being with Rachel instead of Julie, and the people on the radio deny to continue playing his song request after Rachel calls in to say what has happened. (and if you have forgotten which song it is, it's With or Without You by U2).
Flag

CAT !
Flag
Thanks for reminding me. Youtube here I come. Anything with Chandler is my favorite
Flag
The moment that still kills me is the first season when Ross is on the balcony with Rachel during the blackout and suddenly there's the cat attack. Then we cut inside to everybody happy singing while there's flailing guy with cat out the window- Die laughing, every time.
Flag
There are way too many moments too count but yeah the list above made me smile from ear to ear.

Every episode had something to offer.

Unlike sitcoms today that have some slow or low episodes and some good ones.

Flag
I also keep playing the DVD's over and over again. There are so many great moments, but with this one I laughed my ass of. It's the episode where Joey tries to apologies to Ross for accidently asking Rachel to merry him. Especially the quote unquote thing was hilarious!! It still takes me 10 minutes top press play again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQaRoZy8JlE

Flag
There are way too many to count...I love all the characters but I have a soft spot for Ross...He's so insecure and loveable. Favorite Ross moments...the tanning that went wrong..the leather pants disaster...the teeth bleaching!
Flag
The leather pants!!!! Love the leather pants!!!
Flag
It's making a paste!
Flag
and so was born my fear of not being able to take my clothes off because they have grown too tight.
Flag
Luckily they're always playing Friends repeats on TV so it's not truly off the air. Others have already mentioned some of the great moments but I also love Monica and Ross doing 'The Routine' at the NYE party

Flag
Ross playing in a fort made of boxes when he moved in with Joey and Chandler
Flag
I love both episodes when Ross played the bagpipes and the keyboards (then later he apologized to Phoebe about being talented). Anyone remember the Endless Love duet of Chandler and Phoebs? I also liked the holiday armadillo and when everybody finds out. I miss Chandler, Phoebe and Ross the most.
Flag
"Here come the meat sweats" is something I still say when people overeat at a barbecue. I was thrilled to see it quoted above the title.

The game show Ross invented in which the girls lose their apartment is my absolute favorite moment!

Another favorite is when Rachel said, regarding how to make Joey pay attention: "if I were to strike up a conversation about say, sandwiches, or my underwear" and Joey says "I'm listening".
That line was just "abysmal" !
Flag
So many to mention…such a great show.
Flag
sex,... no food,... no sex,... no food
;))))))) the best
Flag
The Joey/Rachel date is always one of my favorites
Flag
Nothing about the Wicked Wango game?
Flag

This is what I was talking about
Flag
Upon research the game was Bamboozle.
Flag
Staff
YOU'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED!!
Flag
Here are three of my favorite moments. Who else remembers these?

"And when you enunciate, you spit."

"I'm very bendy!"

"I'm an eight!"
Flag
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
Oh and thanks I just took 10 years... :P
Flag
I love the one when ross puts on a fake british accent for his class and Monica and rachel tease him about it.

Flag
Like with Seinfeld I have never actually seen an episode of Friends.
Flag
The one where Ross was playing the bagpipe and Phoebe sang along to it. Even Rachel was struggling trying not to laugh
Flag
What about "Morning Guy"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBndaE56Rao
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members