FAE AND WEREWOLVES AND GHOSTS, OH MY
... Syfy has announced midseason premiere dates for seven new and returning series:
– Lost Girl Season 4 will premiere Monday, January 13 at 8pm, followed by the Season 3 premiere of Being Human at 9pm.
– New series Bitten, which is based on the Women of the Otherworld novels by Kelley Armstrong, will premiere Monday, January 13 at 10pm. It stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V) as Elena Michaels, the only female werewolf in existence who abandons her pack and heads to a new city.
– The sixth season of Face Off will bow Tuesday, January 14 at 9pm.
– What has to be the hundredth season of Ghost Hunters will premiere Wednesday, January 22 at 9pm.
- Ronald D. Moore's Helix will get a two-episode premiere Friday, January 10 at 10pm. It stars Billy Campbell (The Killing) as the leader of a team from the Center for Disease Control that travels to a high-tech research facility to investigate a possible disease outbreak.
– The reality competition Opposite Worlds pits two teams against one another as they live in a house separated into two different "worlds": one in the past and one in the future. It will debut Tuesday, January 21 at 10pm.
[Syfy via press release]
... What do HBO, Diablo Cody, and Oprah have in common? A new comedy project based on Dr. Julie Holland’s forthcoming book Moody Bitches. From what I can tell, this sounds like the autobiography of every girl I went to high school with. *badum-tssssh* Okay, okay. The series will explore "the truth about the drugs you're taking, the sex you're not having, the sleep you're missing, and what's really making you crazy." Cody will write the script and executive produce alongside Winfrey's Harpo Films. [THR]
... For everyone who's wondering why Jessica Lange is departing American Horror Story after Season 4, it's because she'd rather sit at home and watch TV like the rest of us. Okay, maybe not. But she wants to have more time to herself. And if she doesn't want to spend six months out of the year filming a TV series, she doesn't have to. Because she's Jessica Lange and she can do whatever the hell she wants. We need to accept this and move on. (Weekly support group meetings will be held Wednesdays at 10pm at the pub on the corner.) [EW]
... TBS is celebrating the holidays by serving up a hot plate of juicy Thanksgiving-themed Friends episodes. The 14-episode marathon kicks off Thursday, November 28, at 10am and will include all 10 Thanksgiving episodes, along with four others that may or may not include the words "we were on a break." [TBS via press release]
... In addition to greenlighting Instant Mom for a second season, Nickelodeon has also ordered six additional episodes for Season 1. Starring Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Stephanie, a party girl who settles down when she marries a husband with three kids, the series sounds like another version of Trophy Wife, no? It airs Sundays at 8:30pm on Nick at Nite. [Nickelodeon via press release]
... A German advertising agency is marketing The Walking Dead to female fans with electronic billboards that transform models into zombies. Advertising a "Good Night Cleansing Program," it looks legit. But as people approach, the ad transforms. Brilliant!
... Noah Bean has been cast alongside his former Nikita co-star Aaron Stanford in Syfy's 12 Monkeys adaptation. Bean will play Aaron Marker, a political strategist whose relationship with Amanda Schull's Cassandra Railly is tested when Stanford's character returns to the present day from a postapocalyptic near future. Also joining the pilot is Željko Ivanek, who appeared in Damages with Bean. Ivanek will play Leland Frost, a venture capitalist and philanthropist who's really into biological research. [TV Line]
... Rachel Blanchard (Flight of the Conchords) has joined FX's Fargo adaptation in a recurring capacity. She'll play Kitty Nygaard, sister-in-law to Martin Freeman’s Lester Nygaard. [Deadline]
... Jack Davenport (Smash) will guest-star as an assistant U.S. attorney on The Good Wife. His episode will air in 2014. [EW]
... Leverage alum Beth Riesgraf has signed on to Complications, the new USA drama pilot from Burn Notice creator Matt Nix. Joining her are Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl), Demetrius Grosse (Justified), and Lauren Stamile (Burn Notice). Riesgraf will play Samantha, the lawyer wife of Jason O'Mara's Dr. John Ellis, an ER doctor who becomes disillusioned after being involved in a gang shooting. Szohr is Gretchen, an ER nurse; Grosse is Dan Brennan, a fellow doctor and friend to Dr. Ellis; and Stamile is Bridget, another doctor who takes her frustrations out on her patients and colleagues. [THR]
... Marley Shelton will take on the lead role of Dr. Alison Scott in Lifetime’s drama pilot The Lottery. The project is set in a future where women stop having children, which threatens the end of the human race. Dr. Scott is a fertility specialist who's responsible for successfully fertilizing 100 eggs, and a lottery is held to decide who will serve as their surrogates, hence the series' name. [Deadline]
AIRED ON 5/6/2004
Season 10 : Episode 20