Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Best love interest/GF for Joey?

stellarchick86

[1]May 30, 2009
    • level: 32

I know Joey usually has a different GF evey episode, so I was just wondering, out of the girls Joeys been with, who was your favorite? I saw threads in the past for pretty much every other persons love interests but Joey but if this has been discussed before feel free to lock/delete it. I will give some choices below to jog your memory or you can put in some one entirely different. I know a lot of people wished he and Phoebe hooked up and a few liked him and Rachel together, but I never really heard much mentioning about people like Kate or Kathy or anyone else so I thought this would give spring some interesting discussions.

-Kate Miller (s3, actress Dina Meyer)
    -Kathy (s4, actress Paget Brewster)
    -Janine (s6, actress Elle Macpherson)
    -Charlie Wheeler (s9, actress Aisha Tyler)
    -Rachel (s10 mostly)
    -AU partner (Phoebe? maybe even Monica?)
    -Other/one episoded GF

I was watching 'TOW The Routine' today as Ive been watching s6 lately and I just thought about how cute Joey was in anticipation for his big kiss with Janine and I realized how much I really liked them together. Matt LeBlanc and Elle MacPherson look really hot together, number one. And of each of his other love interests there was always something that I didnt really like. With Kate, I felt it was more of that "person you hate but find physically attractive" thing and I just didnt care for them together. With Kathy, I liked her better with Chandler and I just didnt like her and Joey together, I felt it was just there for the whole Joey/Chandler fight storyline. Charlie and Joey were funny together like when Joey was trying to impress her with the museum stuff in all seriousness I liked her better with Ross. Rachel I like better with Ross or someone else though she would probably be the runner-up to Janine. Phoebe I liked with Mike and it wouldve been too contrived if she got with Joey and all 6 hooked up so. That leaves Janine lol.

What about you?

Edited on 06/17/2009 4:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rebachick94

[2]May 30, 2009
    • level: 16
    I liked Kathy and Janine.

Canogaparkcindy

[3]May 30, 2009
    • level: 49
    I liked the girl from "TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey"

rebachick94

[4]May 31, 2009
    Canogaparkcindy wrote:
    I liked the girl from "TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey"

Her too! I just couldn't remember her name.

stellarchick86

[5]May 31, 2009
    ^^Her name was Katie and the actress was Soleil Moon Frye or something along those lines (she played Punky Brewster hehe). I thought she was funny for like an episode but I couldnt see her and Joey like long-term or anything which is why I didnt really like of her as an option.

Kadodian

[6]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 23
    I really liked Joey with Janine. He's really hot and she's really hot. He's an actor, she's a dancer. They really suited each other.

hamcook

[7]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 6
    I don't really think there were any girls that were totally right for Joey. Probably the closest would be Phoebe, but I like her and Mike together, and it would have been contrived for all six of them to get together. Of all the choices I liked Kate Miller the best for him.

melina79

[8]Jun 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    I can't say I really liked any of his girlfriends. And I wouldn't like to see him in a long term relationship. It would be boring if all of them were settled in the end.

bronbrons27

[9]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 14
    melina79 wrote:
    I can't say I really liked any of his girlfriends. And I wouldn't like to see him in a long term relationship. It would be boring if all of them were settled in the end.

Yeah I agree! It's better that Joey doesnt have any long-term relationships.

I did like the girl Katie that hits him though! She was cute.
    Janine was ok..
    And Kathy was better suited with Chandler, but i did like the character of Kathy a lot, she was great.
    Oh and I liked the girl Erin, from season 7, that Rachel and Phoebe become friends with. Erin and Joey looked really cute together.

tafj73

[10]Jun 26, 2009
    • level: 30
    Honestly, I would have liked to see the Joey/Rachel thing go a bit longer. I know that "Ross and Rachel were meant to be together" blahblahblah and that they had a lot of history, but I found it interesting that Joey developed feelings for Rachel and vice versa. I just think it would have been an interesting relationship. But I know in the end, "Ross and Rachel" persevered.

seriesguy3998

[11]Jun 29, 2009
    • level: 17
    Phoebe

alias571

[12]Jul 3, 2009
    • level: 18

I liked him with Kristin Davis. She played Erin in TOW Ross' Library Book. Also liked the punching girl. Never really cared for Janine or Kathy though.

rebachick94

[13]Sep 23, 2009
    melina79 wrote:

I agree. There would have been no room for Joey.

stellarchick86

[14]Oct 1, 2009
    Oh I agree I wouldve much rather seen Joey single because I wasnt 100% gung-ho on any of those options but Im saying out of those I liked Janine the most for various reasons.

tafj73

[15]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 30

bronbrons27 wrote:
    Oh and I liked the girl Erin, from season 7, that Rachel and Phoebe become friends with. Erin and Joey looked really cute together.

That's who I thought of too just now. It would have been cool for it to work out between them because Joey really seemed to like her, especially from how he shared his feelings with Rachel and Phoebe. Too bad she was slutty like Joey can be.

rebachick94

[16]Oct 2, 2009
    tafj73 wrote:

bronbrons27 wrote:

That's who I thought of too just now. It would have been cool for it to work out between them because Joey really seemed to like her, especially from how he shared his feelings with Rachel and Phoebe. Too bad she was slutty like Joey can be.

I love her! Cynthia Nixon is so talented. I think it was her. I always get her and Miranda confused. Sorry if you're not a SATC fan. That's what I'm talking about.

stellarchick86

[17]Oct 15, 2009
    The girl who played Erin is Kristin Davis, who played Charlotte on SATC. Cynthia Nixon was Miranda.

pradyumna333

[18]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 5
    though it was only for 1 episode i liked hayley ,played by Susan Ward in season 9.....it was really a funny one

rebachick94

[19]Oct 16, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    The girl who played Erin is Kristin Davis, who played Charlotte on SATC. Cynthia Nixon was Miranda.

I looked it up right after that. I always get those two confused. I only get SJP, and Sam is Kim Catrall, so not spelled right.

stellarchick86

[20]Oct 18, 2009
    rebachick94 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

I looked it up right after that. I always get those two confused. I only get SJP, and Sam is Kim Catrall, so not spelled right.

Oh, okay..lol. When I first watched the show I kept thinking Kristin Davis was Kim Cattrall but I dont know why lol. For some reason they are hard names to get straight.