Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

"Central Perk Coffeehouse" - The Official Off-Topic Thread

Bananahamock

[141]Dec 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    Hi, everybody!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

babe02

[142]Dec 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    I have a question
    why would you need an off-topic thread?
    i mean if its not about friends why is it in the friends forum?

aditrs

[144]Feb 22, 2009
    • level: 8
    Wow no one's been here for about 2 months... Anyway, interesting point. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that since a lot of us go on to this forum regularly we've gotten to know each other better and this is so we can get to know each other even better. I know that this could be done in another place and have everyone invited to that place, but putting it somewhere familiar (ie this forum) would be easier.

Back to the topic (being out of topic)

What are your tastes of music?

I'm into the Britpop genre, eg Coldplay (not Viva La Vida), Keane, U2, Travis and Snow Patrol. I also like Jason Mraz, especially the stuff from We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things. A lot more natural in that record.

So what's yours?

NJZ

[145]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 29
    aditrs wrote:
    Wow no one's been here for about 2 months... Anyway, interesting point. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that since a lot of us go on to this forum regularly we've gotten to know each other better and this is so we can get to know each other even better. I know that this could be done in another place and have everyone invited to that place, but putting it somewhere familiar (ie this forum) would be easier

Yep, thats the whole point. Its basically how its done over in some other forums and I've found its easier that way (especially for ended/cancelled shows). Not only do you get to make new friends with people, you can build relationships with those you already know, all the while knowing you all share a love for the same show. I've actually found that for the older shows that have been cancelled for a while, the off-topic threads are the best ones simply because we've already talked about the show to death and so its good to be able to discuss something different altogether.

This_Years_Love

[146]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    aditrs wrote:

What are your tastes of music?

I'm into the Britpop genre, eg Coldplay (not Viva La Vida), Keane, U2, Travis and Snow Patrol. I also like Jason Mraz, especially the stuff from We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things. A lot more natural in that record.

So what's yours?

I like the Script, The Fray, Snow Patrol, The Killers, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Duffy, Air Traffic, Arctic Monkeys, Keane, David Gray, The Feeling, Franz Ferdinand, The Fratellis, Green Day, Hard-Fi, The Editors, Katy Perry, KT Tunstall, The Kooks, Maximo Park, Oasis, Orson, Paramore, Placebo, Plain White T's, Maroon 5, Razorlight, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Savage Garden, Scouting For Girls, Stereophonics, U2 and the Zutons.

mcwilly104

[147]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 12
    The producers of friends say that there is a "bottle episode" in every season of friends. A bottle episode is one featuring all six friends and only taking place in one location for most of the time. I'm not sure if any occur before season 3 or if every one in later seasons features just the six main characters. I consider the one with the Lottery to be a "bottle episode" even though it features a few extras and gunther. Does anyone have a list of all the bottle episodes?

thebiggame23

[148]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    For example, the Friends episode "The One Where No One's Ready" only features two sets and no guest stars, except for Peter Dennis for a few seconds at the end, yet it has been voted up to the third best Friends episode. In fact, series creator Marta Kauffman reports that at least one bottle episode was created in every season of Friends due to that episode's popularity. that was token out of wikipedia... so you see just after the 3rd season it was made...

Lisakudrow730

[149]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 8

that is super interesting!!! I have noticed that but never decided to read up more on the popularity n snuff!

i really want to get the seasons on dvd, i was just renting them for awhile... they only go up to season 6 at movie stores

im mad about that... does anyone else feel or has felt my pain?

KyahCA

[150]Jun 29, 2012
    • level: 6
    Um.. hi. It's been about 3 years since this thread has been posted on, so I just thought I would give it a bump.

modernfamily120

[151]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 20

Hey Friends fans!!!