NBC (ended 2004)

Dirt cancellation= Friends movie?

mich_duncan_hbk

[1]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 5

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23857107-5006022,00.html

come on jen, being known as rachel is not a bad thing

Edited on 06/13/2008 7:15am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Emina_I

[2]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    I could understand her if she was afraid that the movie wouldn't fulfill our expectations because it can be a very demanding project, but to think that being known as Rachel can be bad to her future career, that I don't understand. And what is that about " moving on with her career as a serious actress", playing Rachel wasn't serious acting..... Come on everyone would be proud to play Rachel in the best TV show ever!

kieran3486

[3]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    Because it means that people will be less inclined to hire her in the future, because if she keeps playing Rachel there will be no variations in the type of performances that she gives.

SMGslayer97

[4]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 34
    Emina_I wrote:
    I could understand her if she was afraid that the movie wouldn't fulfill our expectations because it can be a very demanding project, but to think that being known as Rachel can be bad to her future career, that I don't understand. And what is that about " moving on with her career as a serious actress", playing Rachel wasn't serious acting..... Come on everyone would be proud to play Rachel in the best TV show ever!

I think Jennifer meant that to be associated with only one role over such a long period of time it kind of bad for your career as an actor/actress, not only could it lead to type casting but after playing the same character for ten years your versatility is tapped and you need to take other roles to show that there are different levels to your acting skills. That's what I took from it anyway.

Emina_I

[5]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9
    I agree, but they stopped shooting Friends 4 years ago and I haven't seen her act in anything different.... anyway what I meant was that I think of her as a great actress no matter if she acts just in comedies or something different.

heroesfan07

[6]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 21
    Well she was happy to play the same character for 10 years. I would love a movie i konw Matthew,Courtney and Matt would defo do it.

mich_duncan_hbk

[7]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 5
    ^all of them want to do it except jen

jvspikesrip

[8]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    hopefully jen realizes she is already pretty much typecast as rachel green...if its any consolation shes the most successful and famous of the cast of six...since courtney is her best friend, its possible the movie could happen...if it has a good story it would be awesome...even if it didnt i'd still look forward to seeing it cuz its my all time favorite tv show lol

yousifaltaha

[9]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 7
    kieran3486 wrote:
    Because it means that people will be less inclined to hire her in the future, because if she keeps playing Rachel there will be no variations in the type of performances that she gives.

I agree with you,but it's because her role in friends she became famous and was hired to do numerous movies,and many of them during her role in friends..I don't get it,what is wrong with her she already proved that she can act dark and mestyrious in movies like "the good girl" and "derailed"

fichcakes

[10]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    "i'll be there for you"
    c'mon rach; uh I mean Jen.
    be there for mon...and the rest of us. I think she's shown enough versatility not to worry too much tho; I may be completely wrong but sometimes in life you hit a peak; and for Jen, Rachael Green is most likely her peak. Totally not a bad thing!

billys155

[11]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    Obviously,I would like a movie too,as I have already said.I wish Jennifer change her mind and want to do this transfer to the big screen.

freakyfriend101

[12]Jun 14, 2008

I think maybe Jen or "Rachel" likes being the best one of the six and doesn't want anyone else to succeed and if she doesn't do the movie she'l stay the best one of the six.

yousifaltaha

[13]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 7
    freakyfriend101 wrote:

I think maybe Jen or "Rachel" likes being the best one of the six and doesn't want anyone else to succeed and if she doesn't do the movie she'l stay the best one of the six.

But she is a very close friend to Courteney,I dont think she thinks like that,and even if they did a friends movie she'd still be the most famous.

i think she just doesnt have enough time,she is doing like 4 movies in 2008 and 2 movies in 2009..

kodabear911

[14]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    freakyfriend101 wrote:

That's not really fair to say. What has she ever done to suggest that she doesn't want anyone else to succeed? It's really not her fault that the others chose to stay out of the spotlight. She did what she wanted to, and she obviously loved acting and the Hollywood lifestyle. I agree with yousifaltaha; she is very busy for at least the next 1 or 2 years, so I understand why she wouldn't want to do one yet, if ever. I think it was a little rude to suggest that she is so conceited and arrogant that she would not want some of her best friends and collegues to succeed, and it doesn't even make sense. They would all be doing the same thing, so if you think about it like the scores of a basketball game or something, she would already have the points she had before they made the movie and so would everyone else. It wouldn't make a difference to her popularity, because they wouldn't be able to catch up if they are all doing the same amount of work. I'm not really sure if that makes sense to you guys, but I tried! It's really a lot simpler, but I didn't know any other way to explain it!

freakyfriend101

[15]Jun 16, 2008
    kodabear911 wrote:
    freakyfriend101 wrote:

I think maybe Jen or "Rachel" likes being the best one of the six and doesn't want anyone else to succeed and if she doesn't do the movie she'll stay the best one of the six.

That's not really fair to say. What has she ever done to suggest that she doesn't want anyone else to succeed? It's really not her fault that the others chose to stay out of the spotlight. She did what she wanted to, and she obviously loved acting and the Hollywood lifestyle. I agree with yousifaltaha; she is very busy for at least the next 1 or 2 years, so I understand why she wouldn't want to do one yet, if ever. I think it was a little rude to suggest that she is so conceited and arrogant that she would not want some of her best friends and collegues to succeed, and it doesn't even make sense. They would all be doing the same thing, so if you think about it like the scores of a basketball game or something, she would already have the points she had before they made the movie and so would everyone else. It wouldn't make a difference to her popularity, because they wouldn't be able to catch up if they are all doing the same amount of work. I'm not really sure if that makes sense to you guys, but I tried! It's really a lot simpler, but I didn't know any other way to explain it!

I wasn't trying to be unfair I was stating point that no-one knows actually what she like so you never know but I think your right that shes friends with Courtney and wouldn't hurt her and everyone else I was just stating my point and you can have a different opinion.

kodabear911

[16]Jun 16, 2008
    freakyfriend101 wrote:
    kodabear911 wrote:
    freakyfriend101 wrote:

I think maybe Jen or "Rachel" likes being the best one of the six and doesn't want anyone else to succeed and if she doesn't do the movie she'll stay the best one of the six.

I wasn't trying to be unfair I was stating point that no-one knows actually what she like so you never know but I think your right that shes friends with Courtney and wouldn't hurt her and everyone else I was just stating my point and you can have a different opinion.

Yes, you can have an opinion but there were many different ways to explain the same opinion, you just did it in a fairly rude way. I'm not really sure how you can say that you weren't trying to be unfair considering what you said about the subject...

winkipop69

[17]Jun 16, 2008
    • level: 20
    I think it is a bit late for her to not want to be type-cast, She always plays the same kind of character. It's a little unfair of her. I hope she decides to do it.

freakyfriend101

[18]Jun 17, 2008
    kodabear911 wrote:
    freakyfriend101 wrote:
    kodabear911 wrote:
    freakyfriend101 wrote:

Yes, you can have an opinion but there were many different ways to explain the same opinion, you just did it in a fairly rude way. I'm not really sure how you can say that you weren't trying to be unfair considering what you said about the subject...

I have a right to my opinion and sometimes things come over bluntly in these messages but I wasn't trying to be rude - it was just my opinion, how boring would these discussions be if we didn't have different opinions.

trupiper101

[19]Jun 17, 2008
    oh man i hope they will make a movie...i was just wondering about that because i just saw sex and the city (never seen the tv show) but it made me think about what would happen if some of my fav. cancelled shows would make movies...i would hope that since courtney and jen are friends that maybe courteney would convince jen to do it. or jen would do it as a favor to everyone else. it would be really interesting to see how their lives have turned out in the last 4 years.

10thingsrox

[20]Jun 17, 2008
    It would make sense that Dirt's cancellation would free Cox for the movie, which would be great. Jennifer Aniston should do it too just because the film would be so good.