Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

emotional moments...

amyhj23

[1]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 4

This has prob been done before but anyway. Which friends moments or episodes never fail to make you cry? mine are...

when ross and rachel break up, it just gts me every time, especially when you see the others in monicas bedroom crying too. i find myself crying even before the end of that episode because i just know whats coming. but then im laughing through the tears because there are some great comedy moments in that episode too!

the last one, of course but i dont tend to watch that very often because i just cant!

in terms of happy tears...

monica and chandler getting engaged at the end of s6. chandlers speech is just magic! "you make me happier than i ever thought i could be"

and when emma is born, its a beautiful moment

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SHUCKLEMAN

[2]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    There's loads of moments that make me emotional, but a few that stand out are

TOW Rachel Finds Out
    TOW The Prom Video
    TOW Ross And Rachel Take A Break
    TO Hundredth
    TOW The Ring
    TOW The Proposal
    TOW Rachel's Other Sister
    TOW The Fertility Test
    TOW Ross Is Fine
    TOW The Late Thanksgiving
    TOW Phoebe's Wedding
    TOW Rachel's Going Away Party
    The Last One

I think the later seasons make me more emotional. They just tend to make more simplistic events more heartbreaking, but also, Monica and Chandler's journey to get a kid in season 10, was the most emotional. I felt so sad for them in TOW The Fertility Test, when they discovered they were infertile, and TOW The Late Thanksgiving, when Monica announces she's getting a baby.

Phoebe's wedding was incredibly well written, and it always touched me how she made her final step towards living the life she always wanted. How she started off nowhere, but she's finally getting married. Chandler and Monica's deep discussion in TOW Rachel's Other Sister was amazing too. When they're in the hallway, and we see Chandler's paternal side, how he wants a kid so badly. He's grown a lot from the Chandler we saw in TOW Heckles Dies, which is nice (well it'd've been miserable if he was like that almost a decade later, and in his thirties).

TOW The Prom Video and The Last One have to be some of the best, as does TOW The Proposal. It was even emotional when Chandler revealed to Phoebe that he wanted to stay committed to Monica for the rest of his life, a couple of episodes before that. Also, in TO Hundredth, where Phoebe has to give up the kids.

The writers are so amazing, making us cry life that so many times!

oceanic6

[3]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 35
    It has to be when Ross and Rachel break up, did you know that Schwimmer and Aniston cried for real while filming it?

Friendsfan121

[4]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 6
    I'm getting emotional thinking about it.

I think the one that always gets me is when phoebe has to give up the babies.

Kadodian

[5]Feb 23, 2009
    • level: 23
    I think the 5 most emotional moments or episodes are when : Phoebe met her brother for the first time, when Ross and Rachel break up, when Chandler asks Monica to marry him, The final five minutes of the show and the one when Mr. Heckles dies.

rwyncaruvegas37

[6]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 1

The Last One always makes my mom cry! When Rachel walks into Ross' apartment and says "I got off the plane" she can't help but shed a tear.

For me, the part when Ross catches up to Rachel and tries to get her to stay but she goes, I go a bit ooo-like when he says "I really thought she'd stay"

rwyncaruvegas37

[7]Feb 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    Kadodian wrote:
    when Ross and Rachel break up,

Which break up is this? LOL

hamcook

[8]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    I cry at almost anything, but the episode that makes me cry the most in the Last One. I cried six times in that episode. Some other sad ones are TOW the proposal, TOW pheobes wedding, TOW the prom video, TOW the morning after, TOW hundreth, which ever one is the one where chandler is talking to Erica in the hallway and TOW Rachels going away party.

rebachick94

[9]Feb 28, 2009
    • level: 16
    amyhj23 wrote:

This has prob been done before but anyway. Which friends moments or episodes never fail to make you cry? mine are...

when ross and rachel break up, it just gts me every time, especially when you see the others in monicas bedroom crying too. i find myself crying even before the end of that episode because i just know whats coming. but then im laughing through the tears because there are some great comedy moments in that episode too!

the last one, of course but i dont tend to watch that very often because i just cant!

in terms of happy tears...

monica and chandler getting engaged at the end of s6. chandlers speech is just magic! "you make me happier than i ever thought i could be"

and when emma is born, its a beautiful moment

I love when Chandler says that. It's so true and believable. Any big moment in Ross and Rachel's relationship makes me cry: them getting together, them breaking up, them kissing after Emma was born(although the actual moment when Emma is born never makes me cry), Ross and Rachel getting pulled apart at the end of "The One Where Nobody proposes," Rachel moving out, them sleeping together in "The Last One." Just the kiss makes me cry, every time without fail. For some reason, Monica and Chandler's relationship never really makes me cry. The only thing I can think of is I cried when they got engaged. It was just so sweet. Phoebe having to give up the triplets makes me cry too. You just feel so bad for her.