Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Friends Forum and Show Guide Suggestion Box

cutieflutie1216

[1]Jun 8, 2007
    • level: 50
    Hey friends! If you have a suggestion, comment, or question about the forum or the show guide, post it here.
    Edited on 06/08/2007 3:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cutieflutie1216

[2]Jun 9, 2007
    I am thinking about unpinning the games, so that the games and discussion threads are equal. What do you think?

stylecutter

[3]Jun 9, 2007
    • level: 7
    but the first thing that attracts ur attention in the forum is the games.

tafj73

[4]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 30
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    I am thinking about unpinning the games, so that the games and discussion threads are equal. What do you think?

I think users play the games the most, so if you unpin them I think they'll still appear on the first or second page.

cutieflutie1216

[5]Jun 10, 2007
    I was thinking that too, tafj73. But I still want more user's opinions.
    Edited on 06/10/2007 11:56am

Tipo42

[6]Jun 11, 2007
    • level: 11
    A lot of people do play the games but it is so much easier to just find them at the top and that way no-one will forget about them and sometimes they dont get too many posts for a couple ofhours or so and they could get lost.Only one opinion though

cutieflutie1216

[7]Jun 11, 2007
    For now, I have left the top 5 games pinned. The rest are still open, but not pinned. I think I am going to periodically change which games are locked, since we are only supposed to have a few open in this forum. Once one starts to die down, we can start a new one or revive an old one. Does that sound good? Recently I switched the "6 Degrees of Friends" for the "Vending Machine Game." It seems to be more popular.
    Edited on 06/11/2007 12:28pm

Tipo42

[8]Jun 11, 2007
    yeah those two and hangman are picking up a lot more posts recently

tafj73

[9]Jun 12, 2007
    • level: 30
    We used to have FEEG games for each season, but those were moved to the Fun & Games forum.  Can they be started again here?

cutieflutie1216

[10]Jun 12, 2007
    I know technically that the forum is only allowed *cough* three *cough* ongoing games. But I think that rule doesn't make since for a show that has already ended. Friends was such a popular show and there really isn't current info to discuss, like in other TV show forums. I think that restarting that game is an excellent idea. Make sure to have only one thread. Do one season at a time, then start the next season on the same thread.
    Edited on 06/12/2007 9:39am
    Edited 2 total times.

Tipo42

[11]Jun 12, 2007
    Yeahthat would be better because more people play the games then really discuss anything and people are just starting to discuss the same things again from already open forums because there is nothing new to discuss untill the new series start in 2008 i think.

vini_megfield

[12]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 3

Please don't mind but i think the 'Word association' game is becoming repeatitive. I mean in the starting, it was fun and everyone came up with new word links. But now its getting all repeatitive. So i was thinking, instead of that, if you could pin 'agree-disagree' again?????

But its just a suggestion.

Edited on 06/20/2007 3:28am

cutieflutie1216

[14]Jun 27, 2007
    I am going to replace the word association game. I don't want to pin the agree/disagree thread because 1) it is popular and normally on the front page and 2) we can only have four pinned games and I'd rather open a new game. Any suggestions?

The_void_68

[15]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 18

Tipo42 wrote:
    Yeahthat would be better because more people play the games then really discuss anything and people are just starting to discuss the same things again from already open forums because there is nothing new to discuss untill the new series start in 2008 i think.

??????????????? New Series! ???????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

chocoholic411

[16]Jul 2, 2007
    • level: 16
    The_void_68 wrote:

Tipo42 wrote:

??????????????? New Series! ???????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

What?!? OMG

Tipo42

[17]Jul 2, 2007
    oh right sorry i'll just get the info about that for you ok?

Tipo42

[18]Jul 2, 2007

here's the info about the new series of friends.sorry it's not more specific this is all it said

HOLLYWOOD - Seminal sitcom Friends is returning to television after each of its six stars agreed multi-million dollar deals to star in four one-hour specials.

In a secret meeting before Christmas, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc,David Schwimmer andMatthew Perry reportedly agreed a $5 million apiece deal with NBC bosses in Los Angeles.

Scriptwriters have already started penning lines for the four double episodes, which are due to air next year.

Aniston, who has filmed a string of movies since the final Friends episode, was the last to agree to the new deal.

An NBC insider says, "She's the one who had been holding out. But she's now agreed to reprise Rachel (Green).

"Bringing them back is a dream come true. Ratings will go through the roof."

Network bosses have also hinted at a second spin-off of the hit comedy, following the disappointing performance of Matt LeBlanc's show Joey. The new program will see the three male stars--Perry,Schwimmer and LeBlanc--pilot a series called It's A Guy Thing.

An NBC spokesperson confirms, "Negotiations on future projects are going on all the time."

cutieflutie1216

[19]Jul 3, 2007
    Tipo42 wrote:

here's the info about the new series of friends.sorry it's not more specific this is all it said

HOLLYWOOD - Seminal sitcom Friends is returning to television after each of its six stars agreed multi-million dollar deals to star in four one-hour specials.

In a secret meeting before Christmas, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc,David Schwimmer andMatthew Perry reportedly agreed a $5 million apiece deal with NBC bosses in Los Angeles.

Scriptwriters have already started penning lines for the four double episodes, which are due to air next year.

Aniston, who has filmed a string of movies since the final Friends episode, was the last to agree to the new deal.

An NBC insider says, "She's the one who had been holding out. But she's now agreed to reprise Rachel (Green).

"Bringing them back is a dream come true. Ratings will go through the roof."

Network bosses have also hinted at a second spin-off of the hit comedy, following the disappointing performance of Matt LeBlanc's show Joey. The new program will see the three male stars--Perry,Schwimmer and LeBlanc--pilot a series called It's A Guy Thing.

An NBC spokesperson confirms, "Negotiations on future projects are going on all the time."

You might wanna confirm your info. I believe this was a rumor that was already proven false...

Also, please continue any further discussion on the "Is FRIENDS really coming back" thread.

Edited on 07/03/2007 10:23am

grace87

[20]Jul 13, 2007
    • level: 34

uhm.. i don't think i would be a good idea.. u know.. if u keep the pins the games are more organized..

OMG did i just sound like monica?