Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Is Courtney Cox pregnant in the last season of Friends??

LuluJ86

[1]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 7

So the topic quite says it all. They rerun Friends all the time here, and it always hits me how she looks pregnant or as if she put on some weight.. At the season/series finale she actually looks like she's going to have a baby shortly after the show ended??

- Louise

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FriendsSvuLost8

[2]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 25
    yes she was pregnant. That's why the last season is so short. Because there was a storyline that Monica could't get pregnant.

grace87

[3]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 34
    Yes.. and it's pretty obvious in the last ep..

efc1991

[4]Feb 4, 2008
    Yes she was you can tell in the second half of the series.

harryathouse

[5]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 18

Yes, she was pregnant with her daughter, Coco Riley Arquette (of whom Jennifer Aniston is her Godmother). Although if you look back in season nine, the doctor said to Monica and Chandler that is was still POSSIBLE, BUT WAS VERY SLIM. I think that it would of made a good story line if Monica found out she was pregnant after she had just adopted. To put it in simple terms, Chandlers sperm was very lazy and Monicas uterus would kill the ones that wern't. So there was a slim chance that it might happen and friends is known for low chance things to happen, e.g. Ross and Rachels condom breaking and getting pregnant and the embryos only had something like 25% of just one attatching to the uterus and THREE attatched themselves to it!

Complicated, but its still an idea!

anyabr

[6]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 11

Her daughter Coco was born about a month after the last episode aired, but since it was filmed some time earlier, she must've been at least seven months pregnant in The Last One.

FriendsSvuLost8

[7]Feb 4, 2008
    harryathouse wrote:

Yes, she was pregnant with her daughter, Coco Riley Arquette (of whom Jennifer Aniston is her Godmother). Although if you look back in season nine, the doctor said to Monica and Chandler that is was still POSSIBLE, BUT WAS VERY SLIM. I think that it would of made a good story line if Monica found out she was pregnant after she had just adopted. To put it in simple terms, Chandlers sperm was very lazy and Monicas uterus would kill the ones that wern't. So there was a slim chance that it might happen and friends is known for low chance things to happen, e.g. Ross and Rachels condom breaking and getting pregnant and the embryos only had something like 25% of just one attatching to the uterus and THREE attatched themselves to it!

Complicated, but its still an idea!

Yeah it could of been possible but they were already freaking out when they heard Erica was having twins, I don't think it would of been such a good idea if they got another kid.

stellarchick86

[8]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 32
    I remember they FILMED in January because I remember seeing J. Aniston on a talk show then and she was saying how they just filmed it and how excited she was to wait till May and how she has to keep it a secret and what not because I remember being like 4 months thats a looong time! So if Coco was born in June she wouldve been only 3 months pregnant which makes sense because she has a little bit of a belly but nothing too bad, its mainly her face that was bigger.

SHUCKLEMAN

[9]Feb 6, 2008
    Courteney Cox was pregnant, but that is NOT why the season was shortened. There's a couple of bits in 'The Last One' where her clothing reveals her belly, and you see that she is actually quite large. I'm not sure at what episode she got pregnant at exactly. She starts gaining her insulating fat after mid-season.

Bliss_West88

[10]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 19

Yeah, she wore that purple top that was really bagy in most of the season finale and if not she was carrying the babies so couldn't see, but that had nothing to do the season be shorter

SHUCKLEMAN

[11]Feb 9, 2008
    If they'd've done a season 11 though, I reckon the writers would've used Courteney's pregnancy as the opportunity to make Monica pregnant and they would've probably made it so Monica conceived against all the odds. That would've been quite nice actually.

Helen Baxendale was also pregnant in seasons 4 and 5. The press said she did it so her character could have the pregnancy written in like Lisa's character did. I don't know if that was her intention or not (I doubt it though), but it ended up getting her character written out very early. They had to film the first clip of TO After Ross Says Rachel when they were in London, then she had to 'go into hiding' for the rest of the episode. In the airport scene, we mainly see her face. Then Helen Baxendale couldn't come to the USA so she had to film her clips in England and have the tapes sent over. And she had to be hidden behind cushions or in bed whenever we saw her.

FriendsSvuLost8

[12]Feb 9, 2008
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    If they'd've done a season 11 though, I reckon the writers would've used Courteney's pregnancy as the opportunity to make Monica pregnant and they would've probably made it so Monica conceived against all the odds. That would've been quite nice actually.

Helen Baxendale was also pregnant in seasons 4 and 5. The press said she did it so her character could have the pregnancy written in like Lisa's character did. I don't know if that was her intention or not (I doubt it though), but it ended up getting her character written out very early. They had to film the first clip of TO After Ross Says Rachel when they were in London, then she had to 'go into hiding' for the rest of the episode. In the airport scene, we mainly see her face. Then Helen Baxendale couldn't come to the USA so she had to film her clips in England and have the tapes sent over. And she had to be hidden behind cushions or in bed whenever we saw her.

Yeah but I didn't like her anyway. Thank god for pregnancy.

stellarchick86

[13]Feb 9, 2008
    Hmm, weird, I never knew that! I always wondered why she was sitting all the time, and she started wearing a LOT of black too! She got pregnant so shed stay in the show? Because I didnt get that part..if she did thats VERY weird, and pretty wrong for her kid.

SHUCKLEMAN

[14]Feb 11, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hmm, weird, I never knew that! I always wondered why she was sitting all the time, and she started wearing a LOT of black too! She got pregnant so shed stay in the show? Because I didnt get that part..if she did thats VERY weird, and pretty wrong for her kid.

Well, no one really knows if she got pregnant to stay on the show longer. The press said so, but I personally don't think she did.

Also, if you notice in TOW Ross's Wedding and TO After Ross Says Rachel, Emily's wedding dress is designed in such a way to hide her pregnancy. She only had a small belly at the time, but notice how the dress doesn't make her waste ridiculously thin like they do traditionally.

stellarchick86

[15]Feb 11, 2008
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    Well, no one really knows if she got pregnant to stay on the show longer. The press said so, but I personally don't think she did.

Oh okay, sorry, i missed that part! lol

siisky

[16]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 2
    oh okay, so thats why she got of the show...
    i wish they had written in the Monica/Chandler having a biological child, because it was Monica's dream and all....

Bliss_West88

[17]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 19
    siisky wrote:
    oh okay, so thats why she got of the show...
    i wish they had written in the Monica/Chandler having a biological child, because it was Monica's dream and all....

I know i always wanted them to do that storyline and make it against the odds!!

SHUCKLEMAN

[18]Feb 22, 2008
    Yeah, I was really expecting that in TO In Barbados. It seemed like the perfect time. There have just been two episodes devoted to their infertility followed by the finale of the pen-ultimate season. The adoption storylines in season 10 were fabulous though.

love_jl

[19]Feb 24, 2008
    • level: 18
    ype, shes definitely pregnant

Ebs_73

[20]Mar 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    After i saw this thread I went back and watch the final ep and you can so see her bump! Like when they're in Erica's hospital room and Monica goes to walk out after Chandler freaks out about being left alone with her.. it's like so visible. I was so shocked i had never noticed it before!