Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Least shown / Weakest friendship

stylecutter

[21]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 7

hey, if thats the case Phoebe is always mocking Monica,Rachel and Chandler too.

just because she insults Ross doesn't mean sh e is not close to him. There are many instances in friends when she has shown her strong friendship with Ross. off course she is nowhere as close with him as she is with joey but its definitely not the weakest, Chandler and Phoebe share a much weaker friendship that these two.

and Chandler and Rachel do like each other a lot, just that not much is shown on screen, just mentioned implicitly once in a while.

Edited on 07/08/2007 1:02am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thepopsicle

[22]Jul 13, 2007
    Joey and Monica is definately the weakest. There must only be a handful of storylines with them together. Chandler and Phoebe have had a few major eps together (TOW everyone finds out, TOW the ring, TOW Phoebes Wedding) and whereas Chandler and Rachel don't have much either it still waay more than Joey and Monica ever had.

I'ts a shame too because some of the best storylines are with Rachel/Chandler and Joey/Monica

aplourey

[23]Jul 14, 2007
    • level: 34
    I think Pheobe & Ross' friendship is the weakest. I always thought that Chandler & Pheobe's was more like a brother/sis relationship. So, although it wasn't shown much, I always thought that their friendship was pretty strong.

tonightless41

[24]Jul 17, 2007
    • level: 8
    i agree...i think that Ross & Pheobe's relationship was the weakest.

stylecutter

[25]Jul 20, 2007
    now that i think about it, its got to Joey and Monica & Chandler and Rachel to some extent.

EarthToHannah

[26]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 3

I would have to say Chandler and Racheal. The only episode where they are good friends (that I can think of at this moment) is The One With All The Cheesecake.

I would think Chandler and Pheobe next because I can't think of many moments of them together except when Chandler "gives Pheobe away" at her wedding.Oh and when they shop for wedding rings together.

I don't think Ross and Pheobe's relationship was weak because come on Pheobe mugged him when he was 14, Ross gives Pheobe her first bike, They kissed before Central Perk was a coffee shop(I don't remember the exact episode but it's when Janice asks which of the friends have been together), Ross gets Pheobe the Sting tickets(after she begs, but still he got them for her),

anargob

[27]Aug 3, 2007
    • level: 5

I'd have to say Joey and Monica. There's just very few episodes with them together.

Ross and Phoebe, even though it's not shown much, the times they have storylines together it's clear that they do care a lot about each other. And the same goes for Chandler and Phoebe, they just don't show it as much, but they're close. Not as close as others, yeah, but still they're good friends.

Edited on 08/03/2007 4:08am

liam0_m

[28]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    although joey/monica and pheobe/chandler didnt have story lines together, pheobe/ross was the weakest just because of all of pheobe's 'hatred' for ross eg. the one where pheobe hates ross also the bad things ross has done eg vicrum

stylecutter

[29]Aug 6, 2007
    EarthToHannah wrote:

I would have to say Chandler and Racheal. The only episode where they are good friends (that I can think of at this moment) is The One With All The Cheesecake.

I would think Chandler and Pheobe next because I can't think of many moments of them together except when Chandler "gives Pheobe away" at her wedding.Oh and when they shop for wedding rings together.

I don't think Ross and Pheobe's relationship was weak because come on Pheobe mugged him when he was 14, Ross gives Pheobe her first bike, They kissed before Central Perk was a coffee shop(I don't remember the exact episode but it's when Janice asks which of the friends have been together), Ross gets Pheobe the Sting tickets(after she begs, but still he got them for her),

thank you,

mondlerlove

[30]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    Either Chandler/Rachel or Chandler/Phoebe.

kitty_girl_123

[31]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 33
    Either Phoebe & Ross or Phoebe and Chandler, Phoebe never really seem to get along with the guys to well.

kodabear911

[32]Apr 26, 2008
    The_void_68 wrote:

stylecutter wrote:
    ps: void 68 plz give me a prize now Joey - Monica 1)The one with the east German laundry detergent 2)The one with the Girl from Poughkeepsie 3)The one with the Rachel's Cousin Chandler - Phoebe 1)The one with The East German Laundry Detergent sorry i cant remember anymore chandler phoebe storyline episodes.

Theres no such episode as 'TOW rachels cousin', but I'll give u the others.

About the prize.........um.............I left it in my car.............

Also, TOW The cooking class.

kodabear911

[33]Apr 26, 2008
    kodabear911 wrote:
    The_void_68 wrote:

stylecutter wrote:
    ps: void 68 plz give me a prize now Joey - Monica 1)The one with the east German laundry detergent 2)The one with the Girl from Poughkeepsie 3)The one with the Rachel's Cousin Chandler - Phoebe 1)The one with The East German Laundry Detergent sorry i cant remember anymore chandler phoebe storyline episodes.

Theres no such episode as 'TOW rachels cousin', but I'll give u the others.

About the prize.........um.............I left it in my car.............

Also, TOW The cooking class.

Sorry, I meant that is also a Monica/Joey storyline.

FriendsSvuLost8

[34]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 25
    Phoebe and Chandler they never seem all that close.

stellarchick86

[35]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 32

This is a tough one because the first answer that came to mind was Phoebe/Ross because they didnt have that many moments together but then Phoebe was the only one shown coming to Ross after he moved into the apartment across the street, and she came to his party, and then Ross went out and bought her a bicycle and even convinced her to ride it again after she stopped.

Then I thought about Rachel/Chandler but they never seemed like they WERENT close, they just werent as explicit about their feelings I guess..and Chandler did help her find some guys lol.

So this is a tough one because Phoebe/Chandler were kind of close..he even walked her down the aisle but then again in the beginning of the show when she works with Chandler and all his employees were making fun of him she didnt seem to care about his feelings and told him about it anyway lol..but maybe they grew closer as the show went on.

All in all, Id have to say R/C

Edited on 04/27/2008 1:11am

SHUCKLEMAN

[36]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 11
    Although there were few Jory/Monica storylines, remember there were a LOT of Monica/Chandler/Joey storylines in the later seasons (notably season 9). There were also quite a lot of Phoebe/Ross storylines in season 9. There were very few occasions where Chandler and Rachel were together (if we exclude season 4 when they had about 5 episodes with shared storylines).

I'd have to say the weakest is Chandler and Phoebe, probably because they want to spead the two funniest characters throughout all the storylines in each episode.

sbhinyo

[37]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 13
    Chandler & Rachel, Joey & Monica, Rachel & Pheobe. These were the friendships that got less attention for me i also like Ross and Pheobe's relationship and they didn't do much with that either.

JavaJunkie4Life

[38]Apr 27, 2008
    • level: 25
    Hmm..I think this is tough because there were several that were all equally weak: Chandler/Rachel, Ross/Phoebe, Joey/Monica, Chandler/Phoebe..

But if I had to pick the weakest..I'd go with..Chandler/Phoebe, I honestly remember very few [if any] amazing moments with just the two of them. I think it was the whole "funny" factor..

frostzZ

[39]May 5, 2008
    • level: 5

ross and phoebe?? why??

maybe they it was weak at the beginning but remember when she wanted to move with him to make space for chandler and monica's relationship

and when they talked about phoebe's relationship and he went over to time to convince him to keep dating phoebe.

and phoebe is just weird,i dont think she mean she's gonna kill ross in the future just like the time she thought ross is going to kill her by telling that story...thats phoebe

efc91

[40]May 6, 2008
    • level: 39
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:

Weakest

1. Ross and Phoebe
    2. Chandler and Phoebe
    3. Chandler and Rachel
    4. Joey and Monica
    5. Monica and Phoebe
    6. Ross and Joey
    7. Rachel and Joey
    8. Rachel and Phoebe
    9. Ross and Monica
    10. Ross and Rachel
    11. Joey and Phoebe
    12. Ross and Chandler
    13. Rachel and Monica
    14. Chandler and Monica
    15. Chandler and Joey

Strongest

I agree with that list.