TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Least shown / Weakest friendship

yousifaltaha

[41]May 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    frostzZ wrote:

ross and phoebe?? why??

maybe they it was weak at the beginning but remember when she wanted to move with him to make space for chandler and monica's relationship

and when they talked about phoebe's relationship and he went over to time to convince him to keep dating phoebe.

and phoebe is just weird,i dont think she mean she's gonna kill ross in the future just like the time she thought ross is going to kill her by telling that story...thats phoebe

I agree also when he bought her that bike.

phoebe and monica has a very strong relationship IMO...monica always gives phoebe advice
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

harryathouse

[42]May 16, 2008
    • level: 18
    I think that Joey and Monica are the only two out of the gang that have strong relationships with the rest.

laura-OTH

[43]May 16, 2008
    • level: 11

I think I'd say Chandler and Pheobe, you barely see them in a scene together.

ETA: Except for the episode they were each pretending to like each other. When Pheobe/Rachel found out about Monica and Chandlers relationship

Edited on 05/16/2008 5:32pm

thebeatles772

[44]May 24, 2008
    i think Phoebe and chandlers friendship was neglected a lot of the time...i mean it was one of the least shown friendships but when they were together they had a very close relationship with each other. Some of my favorite Chandler and Phoebe moments are: when phoebe was helping choose Monica's ring, when Chandler walked Phoebe down the aisle, when they were talking about why it's Goldmen not Goldman or why it's spiderman not spidermen, when Phoebe convinces chandler to go find Monica while their at Vegas or when they fake date in TOW everyone finds out. there are so many and still so many people say they have none

sakura_txell

[45]May 27, 2008
    • level: 5
    I think the weakest friendship was between Rachel and Chandler. I cannot think of any plot where the two of them were alone.

NJZ

[46]May 27, 2008
    • level: 29
    sakura_txell wrote:
    I think the weakest friendship was between Rachel and Chandler. I cannot think of any plot where the two of them were alone.

TOW All The Cheescakes.

Chandie

[47]May 27, 2008
    • level: 4

NJZ wrote:
    sakura_txell wrote:
    TOW All The Cheescakes.

And in Tow the dollouse (Joanna), Tow the girl from Poughkeepsie (Chandler sets up Rachel with a date) and last but not least Tow the 'cuffs (well, Joanna again).

sakura_txell

[48]May 28, 2008
    Chandie wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    sakura_txell wrote:
    TOW All The Cheescakes.

And in Tow the dollouse (Joanna), Tow the girl from Poughkeepsie (Chandler sets up Rachel with a date) and last but not least Tow the 'cuffs (well, Joanna again).

That's right, Thanks. I didn't remember any of them (maybe because they aren't of my favorite episodes...)

Bliss_West88

[49]May 28, 2008
    • level: 19
    I would def say it was between Phoebe and Chandler and Rachel and Chandler, even though they have both had episode together and obviously scenes together all the time they prob have the least between all of them!

Sarah_Is_Lost

[50]May 30, 2008
    • level: 21
    Ross/Phoebe or Chandler/Rachel or Monica/Joey.

treehill4ev06

[51]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    The_void_68 wrote:
    It's got to be Chandler/Phoebe or Joey/Monica. I'm really surprised no-ones mentioned Joey/Monica because they had zero storylines just them together. Which is really weird seeing as they were originally written as a couple that would end up with each other. Pheobe/Ross had quite a few storylines just them (eg. learning to ride a bike, Phoebe hating Ross, Phoebe knowing about Ross still being married to Rachel) and so did Chandler/Rachel (eg. Chandler setting Rachel up with people from his work, Chandler going out with Rachels boss - twice, Chandler seeing Rachels boobies) Joey/Monica and Chandler/Phoebe had absolutely no episodes together just with each other. If someone can name a storyline which they did have together, then I will give them a prize.

actually not true-joey and monica have the storyline with joeys hoo hah together, where she makes him wraps.

and chandler and phoebe are together when chandler is picking out a ring for monica.

treehill4ev06

[52]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 8
    friendsaddict wrote:
    i think Ross and Phoebe definately have the weakest relationship.
    other than the Sting tickets i can't think of a Ross/Phoebe plotline

TOW the engagement picture, TOW joeys big break, the first like 3 episodes of season 6

i think ross and phoebe have a good relationship.
    i think the most boring one is rachel and joey-ya they have storylines together but there always boring to me

shriprema

[53]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 21
    treehill4ev06 wrote:
    friendsaddict wrote:
    i think Ross and Phoebe definately have the weakest relationship.
    other than the Sting tickets i can't think of a Ross/Phoebe plotline

TOW the engagement picture, TOW joeys big break, the first like 3 episodes of season 6

i think ross and phoebe have a good relationship.
    i think the most boring one is rachel and joey-ya they have storylines together but there always boring to me

Their romantic relationship screwed up their platonic relations with each other, which in earlier seasons was actually hilarious

free_the_WM3

[54]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 12

monica/rachel joey/chandler are the strongest. but monica and joey had: tow the cooking class, monica helped with joeys.....wrap, joey was the one who talked monica out of getting a sperm donor back in the early days, joey helped monica hide her relationship with chandler, monica had a crush on joey (remember...she liked his arms ), joey married monica and chandler, and when they all thought chandler was cheating on monica with Nancy joeys comments "you son of a B!tch a crude comment but it shows how much joey cares for monica.

pheobe/chandler had some moments throughtout the series together but when monica says to chandler "we are not friends with pheobe anymore" chandler replies with "if she asks i protested a little..........but ok" but then he walks her down the aisle. so that one is a bit harder.

rachel and chandler: the one with all the cheesecakes, rachel set up chandler and joanna. chandlers goodbye to rachel was quick and simple but it wouldnt have matched chandlers character if there had of been more heart to it. he tells her he loves her and makes her laugh. and that is what chandler does after all.

ross/pheebs: pheebs takes ross to the airport to go after rachel in the last one, ross and pheebes made out on the pool table and probably would have gone further...but all the damn balls kept getting in the way (hehe love that ep), ross was pheobe's "backup", they lived together briefly.

damn, im sre ill think of more later!

but basically the show featured around the other relationships more as they were more important to the story line.

mchez

[55]Jun 12, 2008
    It has to be Chandler and Phoebe.

yousifaltaha

[56]Jun 13, 2008
    free_the_WM3 wrote:

monica/rachel joey/chandler are the strongest. but monica and joey had: tow the cooking class, monica helped with joeys.....wrap, joey was the one who talked monica out of getting a sperm donor back in the early days, joey helped monica hide her relationship with chandler, monica had a crush on joey (remember...she liked his arms ), joey married monica and chandler, and when they all thought chandler was cheating on monica with Nancy joeys comments "you son of a B!tch a crude comment but it shows how much joey cares for monica.

pheobe/chandler had some moments throughtout the series together but when monica says to chandler "we are not friends with pheobe anymore" chandler replies with "if she asks i protested a little..........but ok" but then he walks her down the aisle. so that one is a bit harder.

rachel and chandler: the one with all the cheesecakes, rachel set up chandler and joanna. chandlers goodbye to rachel was quick and simple but it wouldnt have matched chandlers character if there had of been more heart to it. he tells her he loves her and makes her laugh. and that is what chandler does after all.

ross/pheebs: pheebs takes ross to the airport to go after rachel in the last one, ross and pheebes made out on the pool table and probably would have gone further...but all the damn balls kept getting in the way (hehe love that ep), ross was pheobe's "backup", they lived together briefly.

damn, im sre ill think of more later!

but basically the show featured around the other relationships more as they were more important to the story line.

I agree with you,that was weird when Chandler replied "if she asks i protested a little but ok" I think he was just goofing around like he always does because after that Monica gave him that "I'm serious" look of hers

Emina_I

[57]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 9

I think that there is a really strong bond between all of them and there is no such thing like weakest friendship. I thought about this and maybe some friendships reach more into the past than the other ones and it seems like that friendship is stronger, but basically they are all there for each other.

Elwingda

[58]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 10

I would agree with Emina_I to a certain extent. I find it really hard to pick a weak friendship between the characters. However, if I would have to pick, it would probably be Ross/Phoebe or Chandler/Phoebe.

I would actually disagree about Rachel and Chandler because Chandler has been seen comforting Rachel quite a few times when she has been down.

bigcitygirl5

[59]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 31
    Probably Ross & Phoebe

jelaspesa

[60]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    i think the joey/monica was weakist