Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Least shown / Weakest friendship

Bananahamock

[81]Aug 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    I noticed Chandler and Rachel didn't have many moments, unless those in TOW the cheesecake and stuff. And maybe also Ross and Phoebe. I think it was more a girl-to-girl and boy-to-boy thing (not that way! lol), like Joey/Chandler, Monica/Rachel, Ross/Chandler... Except for Joey/Phoebe, they were great together
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

brandon--16

[82]Jul 28, 2009
    • level: 5
    I think either Ross and Phoebe or Chandler and Rachel. I actually think Chandler and Phoebe had an okay relationship. ( Chandler walked Phoebe down the Aisle, Phoebe helped pickout the wedding ring) But I don't think Ross and Phoebe talked much, and same with Rachel and Chandler, plus in the end, Chandler and Rachel didn't have much to say about each other, and he seemed the least sad that Rachel was leaving. ( Monica and Phoebe cried so much, Ross ran after her to the airport tell her not to go, and Joey... tried to kill himself)

bronbrons27

[83]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 14

I think:

Strongest

1. Chandler and Joey.

2. Rachel and Monica.

3. Joey and Phoebe.

4. Ross and Rachel.

5. Ross and Chandler.

6. Rachel and Joey.

7. Chandler and Monica.

8. Joey and Ross.

9. Rachel and Phoebe.

10. Monica and Ross.

11. Monica and Phoebe.

12. Chandler and Rachel.

13. Chandler and Phoebe.

14. Ross and Phoebe

15. Joey and Monica

Weakest

But I do think they are all pretty close, and when you think about it, I think all the friendships have enough storylines.

I think the Ross & Phoebe and Joey & Monica friendships might be slightly weaker because Ross and Phoebe are so different (i.e. the evolution views), and so are Joey and Monica.

Edited on 07/29/2009 5:31pm

hamcook

[84]Aug 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think it depends which part of the series you are talking about. For example I think in the earlier seasons Chandler/Rachel and Chandler/Phoebe had fairly close relationships. Chandler and Rachel always seemed as if they went out to lunch together and Chandler and Phoebe seemed to hang out together alone as well. However as the series progressed both Rachel and Phoebe seemed to not like Chandler very much. They were always insulting him and never seemed to hang out with him except in a group. Ross/Phoebe argued a lot but always seemed to me to be close anyway. Joey and Monica's friendship seemed more implied to me. They didn't show many scenes of them alone, but he was always coming over there for food and stuff, and I think they hung out a lot off camera.

seriesguy3998

[85]Aug 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    I think that mayb Chandler and Phoebe. I know she helped him up the ring, but that was it. Also mayb Chandler and Rachel. He consoled her in TOW two parties, but after I can hardly remember any moment they were together.

MisterMatthews

[86]Aug 16, 2009
    • level: 5

hamcook wrote:
    I think it depends which part of the series you are talking about. For example I think in the earlier seasons Chandler/Rachel and Chandler/Phoebe had fairly close relationships. Chandler and Rachel always seemed as if they went out to lunch together and Chandler and Phoebe seemed to hang out together alone as well. However as the series progressed both Rachel and Phoebe seemed to not like Chandler very much. They were always insulting him and never seemed to hang out with him except in a group. Ross/Phoebe argued a lot but always seemed to me to be close anyway. Joey and Monica's friendship seemed more implied to me. They didn't show many scenes of them alone, but he was always coming over there for food and stuff, and I think they hung out a lot off camera.

Exactly! You totally wrote what I was planning on writing. That's why the early seasons are my favorites; because Chandler and Rachel/Phoebe had much better bonds. And not just them, by the way, but *all* of them. The intensity and genuinity (is that a word?) severely lessened as the show progressed. Chandler and Rachel/Phoebe just stood out more, because -like you said- the two girls would mock him all the time (in a mean way, not in a funny way like they occasionally did with Joey or Ross).

I just watched 'TOW the tiny T-shirt' and it had two cute little scenes in it with Chandler and Phoebe. In the first, Chandler explains to Phoebe why 'Spiderman' is not a last name; and in the second, they play Chandler's chair game (who can 'draw' the fastest). Little, silly random funny things they didn't do in later seasons anymore. Like Rachel and Chandler having lunch and him going with her to her office to check if they keep the lingerie there.

TreeHill_89

[87]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 32
    Ross/Phoebe and Chandler/Rachel which is a shame becuase i really like Chandler and Rachel their frienship towards the end just died now compared to the earlier seasons.

seriesguy3998

[88]Aug 29, 2009
    • level: 17
    I think Ross and Phoebe were good friends, they fought alot but they were still friends. And I've been thinking that it would be interesting on having a Ross/Phoebe relationship, I know they might not be that suitable but anyway it would hjave been interesting. I think that there were hints of it.