Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Most awkward moment on Friends?

grace87

[81]Feb 1, 2009
    • level: 34
    When the guys are playing foossball with Richard and Joey told Richaard they see him like a dad..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SHUCKLEMAN

[82]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 11
    There are a lot of awkward moments in Friends, especially in the later seasons. I think some of the events are a bit too awkward too be honest, considering that Friends is supposed to be light-hearted, but they generally make good things to joke about for the rest of the episode, so it's sort of okay.

The most awkward for me has to be in TO In Barbados, Part 1, where Phoebe says 'Mike' instead of 'David'. I love it how they try and cover it up using Richard though. I always love the Richard episode. TOW Ross's Innapropriate Song is hilarious. What's even worse in TO In Barbados is when the double-proposal happens and Phoebe actually chooses Mike, in front of David! That's got to hurt. The poor guy is in love with her. Plus, I preferred David to Mike, but this whole love triangle was very controversial for Friends, which I liked a lot.

Other awkward moments include Mike and David having nothing to talk about in TOW Rachel's Phone Number, Ross seeing Rachel on the rooftop with Gavin in TOW Phoebe's Rats, and then their blazing arguement in TOW Monica Sings, where Rachel ends up moving out. Also, Phoebe meeting Mike's parents was uncomfortable for her in TOW Ross's Innapropriate Song. I really felt for Phoebe then. And Mike walking in on Phoebe and David in TOW The Male Nanny. Ross making fun of the nanny in that episode was very out-of-character for him I thought though...

Also, the proposal incidents in TOW No One Proposes and TOW Emma Cries. Those were absolutely hilarious, especially when Ross was trying to punch Joey, and Phoebe messing everything up in the hospital. I also liked the proposal storyline in season 9 because it was done and over with after 2 episodes, whilst, say in season 6, Ross and Rachel were still playing around with their marriage for about 6 episodes. It was beginning to get boring.

stellarchick86

[83]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 32
    This is my top 5, and somehow they are mostly Ross-related (lol).

1. Ross/Dr Green/Mona- "Rachels pregnant".

2. Ross/Mike/no talking- "Hey buddy.. *walks in* "But..you left.." Poor Mike!

3. Ross/Cassie- "I havent had sex in a really long time"

4. Ross/leather pants- "I had an accident.." lol

5. Chandler/Monicas dad/lapdancing

Things like Monica/her parents/the bathroom were close to the top for me but I found it more weird and gross than actually awkward. I think it wouldve been awkward if they opened the shower curtain and saw her there or if they saw her with Richard or something instead. So even though that was bad, thats why it didnt make my list, it was just a technicality.

Edited on 02/02/2009 10:55pm
    Edited 2 total times.

amyhj23

[84]Feb 14, 2009
    • level: 4
    Definitetely the Ross and Mike scenes when they're just sitting there! haha. you really feel for them cos everyones had moments like that!

stellarchick86

[85]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    If I had to have a #6, this would be it, and I forgot to add it before. Surprisingly enough, its another Ross one. And I dont think it was discussed before. Its the one where Phoebe makes up that song "2 of them kissed last night" when Ross/Rachel kiss and hes sitting there sweating hoping Julie doesnt figure it out its about him/Rachel because you know how Phoebe is and you never know what she will blurt out! Awk-ward!

sparkstriff

[86]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 3
    One of the most akwardparts, for me anyway would be when Ross was at the pediatrician and was talking to a girl. Then they said they were ready for Ross and he said "Okay, come on Ross Jr." Who turned out to be the girl he was talking to's son

thebiggame23

[87]Mar 11, 2009
    sparkstriff wrote:
    One of the most akwardparts, for me anyway would be when Ross was at the pediatrician and was talking to a girl. Then they said they were ready for Ross and he said "Okay, come on Ross Jr." Who turned out to be the girl he was talking to's son

lmao....

Ross by far had the most awkward moments on friends...
    I loved the one when Ross had dinner with Elizabeth, her dad and Rachel. Everything just exploded there...

thebiggame23

[88]Mar 11, 2009
    at the end of "Tow the Nap Partners" also the end of "Tow Ross's inappropriate song" but the most classical one for me is his leather pants... LMAO!

thealtermateone

[89]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 3
    how about the one when ross is mocking phoebe's boyfriend 'i must take a mental picture...oh sorry (bumping into Phoebe)'

halogurl10

[90]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 8

for me i think it would be the one with ross and the spray tan.

ross goes to this taning place and instead of getting tanned on his front and back he gets tanned twice in the front and none on the back. later he goes back to correct the problem,assuring the tannig lady he knows what he is doing, to go into the tanning booth to find it has two nozzles. not knowing which to turn to he turns in circles just to hit twice again on his front side.

can someone please tell me what 'TOW' means?. it would be much appreciated.

Edited on 04/01/2009 7:31pm

thebiggame23

[91]Apr 2, 2009
    TOW = The One With or The One Where...

juan137946

[92]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    how bout thew one where monica's is trapped in the bathroom and her parents go in and have sex

brunettedudette

[93]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 5

There are so many good ones that have been said, but I think one that was EXTREMELY awkward was when Rachel and Mark are coming out of Rachel's apartment, right as Ross and Chandler are going into Chandler's.

But my number one awkward moment would have to be when Ross said "Rachel" at the altar.