Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Phoebe moments!

stellarchick86

[1]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 32

Okay, some people here dont like Phoebe or think shes pointless and thats fine but alot of people do ! And after Chandler, shes my favorite and Chandler has a thread of his jokes/moments so I thought to do the same for her. If you dont like her you dont have to say anything, if you do, great! Post your favorite Phoebe moments/jokes here!

My top 3 moments:

1- Where Ross is playing the bag pipes and she goes and screeches along with it...the faces of everyone else is just priceless (esp. Rachel!) haha

2- Where shes battling with the smoke alarm...*knock knock* Phoebe Buffay? Fire alarm?! haha

And my top moment:

3- When shes telling Chandler not to have cursewords on the pacman machine and then Ben comes in and shes cursing up a storm and says Oh no Ben dont look! and covers up the machine! haha

Its not really that long of a moment, but I also love when Ross is trying to car his race car out of the parking spot and after a few minutes she goes "okay, whos next??" haha

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Willick-Bunch

[2]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 7
    Nice idea :-)

I think the songs are Phoebes best scenes.

:
    The cow in the meadow goes moo. The cow in the meadow goes moo. Then the farmer hits him on the head and grinds him up, And that's how we get hamburgers.

LOL!

I especially like the early Phoebe: Smelly cat, the spirit of the old woman, giving birth to her brothers' children..

Later she becomes weird conventional. Soccer mum, Sting tickets, Pottery barn... that is not the Phoebe I like.

winkipop69

[3]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 20
    There are sooo many and I forget them, but I was watching 'The one with the Ring' the other day and she was really funny in that episode. 'I stand firm at 10 dollars'

Phoebe: Do you have anything in here for $10?
    Jeweler: Uh, yes. I have these two, rather beautiful, five dollar bills.
    Phoebe: I'll give you one dollar for them

FriendsSvuLost8

[4]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 25
    When she she named Mike's girlfriend Suzie because she can't say Precious..

harryathouse

[5]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 18

My favourite moment is at her wedding before she goes out in the snow, Chandler says: Wont you be cold, and then Phoebe says: Oh no! It's ok, i'll be my something blue!

WoollyRedHat

[6]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    One of my favourite Phoebe moments is when she is with Stings wife and has just confessed to not being Ben's mum and only wanting Sting tickets. Stings wife says she is calling the police to which Phoebe replies " Oh great, a reunion!"

Brillant.

stellarchick86

[7]Mar 16, 2008
    winkipop69 wrote:
    There are sooo many and I forget them, but I was watching 'The one with the Ring' the other day and she was really funny in that episode. 'I stand firm at 10 dollars'

Phoebe: Do you have anything in here for $10?
    Jeweler: Uh, yes. I have these two, rather beautiful, five dollar bills.
    Phoebe: I'll give you one dollar for them

Haha I love that too..
    and also where shes singing to the kids about cows/murdering for meat, grandma being dead..whatever LOL.

tafj73

[8]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 30
    I like when the Friends are at her rehearsal dinner, and she gets fed up with Monica's constant micromanaging. "You're done.......you're FIRED!! Cheers!" lol

Kadodian

[9]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 23
    I love Phoebe ! She is my favorite character and she's my favorite blonde on television. My top 3 moments : 1. When Phoebe first laid eyes on the triplets after giving birth to them in the 100th episode. 2. When Phoebe kisses Rachel in season 7. 3. When Phoebe puts the phone in her pants in season 9 trying to hide it from Monica so she can see Mike again.

FriendsSvuLost8

[10]Mar 17, 2008
    "This is madness. It's madness, I tell you, for the love of God, Monica, don't do it!! ...Thank you."

and..

Damn it woman pull yourself together!! Have some pride for the love of God!!

Basicly anytime she yells .

SHUCKLEMAN

[11]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    My favorite Phoebe moments are when she overacts in season 9, when she works as an extra with Joey. My favorite scene is when she slaps Joey and runs around wrecking havoc, and they have to get security to chase after her. lmao.

And in season 8, when she swears violently when she fails to erase all of Chandler's high scores off the Ms. Pac-Man machine.

And another favorite of mine in in TOW No One Proposes, the season 9 premiere, when she explains to Rachel how she sees herself as the puppet master of the group.

Another favorite is in that episode where she yells at Rachel for wanting to get a massage, but she goes anyway and Phoebe ends up being the one to give her the massage. That's some very incredible writing. The lengths Phoebe goes to to cover it all up is hilarious.

Another hilarious Phoebe moment is when she and Rachel go shopping to but Ross some clothes, and she gets him a jacket saying 'Boys will be boys' on the back, and when Ross sees it Phoebe says 'What, they will be!'. Awww, so innocent, yet so uninnocent.

Like in TOW Rachel's Phone Number, when Phoebe and Rachel meet those two guys, and Phoebe gets all exited and wants to send them mashed potatoes. And when Rachel phones Mike to tell him to intercept Ross's calls, she tells him that Phoebe will do 'dirty stuff', and Mike asks Phoebe 'How much dirtier can it get?' and Phoebe say 'Oh Mike.'

I also find funny in TOW Emma Cries, when she writes buys an 'It's a boy sign', and changed it to 'It's not a boy!'. lol. Interesting way to look at it... And how she keeps trying to escape constantly, so funny...

Another favorite of mine in in TOW Phoebe's Birthday Dinner 'Come on Judy, Pick up the sock, Pick Up The Sock, PICK UP THE SOCK!!!' and later on when Mike calls her and says he's available, and Phoebe says 'I'll stay with you guys. I'm not the type of girl that ditches her guys to be with her boyfriend...actually, I am. See ya.'

And in TOW Joey's Porshe:
    Phoebe : How would you two like to take care of three adorable puppies this afternoon.
    Monica : That sounds like such a fun day!
    Chandler : Well...okay...
    Phoebe : Okay, great. Oh, and their not puppies, their Frank and Alice's triplets, so okay, see ya.

And in TOW The Rumour, 'Come on Will, just take off your shirt and tell us' and 'Damn you Raphe you BURN IN HELL!' and when Ross gets angry and rejoins the 'I hate Rachel club', and the Phoebe jumps up and says 'I want to join!' Everybody's face then is priceless.

And TOW Everybody Finds Out is very funny. 'They don't know we know they know we know'. And her dance, lmao.

Another favorite Phoebe episode of mine is TOW The Lottery, when Phoebe pretends to be the pigeon, and when she discovers Ross wants Rachel to call him 'daddy', and Phoebe say 'Ooh...I like that daddy...Is daddy getting angry?..Does daddy want to spank me?'

I'm gonna stop now, but it looks like season 9 is my favorite Phoebe season...I also like it because she has a major storyline in it, which is a nice change.

I think my favorite Phoebe episode is TOW Rachel's Other Sister.

Joey : Thanks for teaching me how to lie Pheebs.
    Phoebe : Next week, stealing.

Monica : So Amy, is this the first time you've seen Emma?
    Amy : I think so, nice to meet you Emma.
    Phoebe : PHOE-BE!
    Amy : Ooh! That's a funny noise!
    Later...
    Amy : I think I would change her name, I'm not a big fan of Emily.
    Ross : Emma.
    Amy : Emma, Ross want you.
    Phoebe : PHOE-BE!
    Amy : Why does she keep making that noise?

Monica : I know you're having a bit of the family crisis, but you don't have to take it out on the plates. Infact, I think we should all cut out food like this (cuts a turkey leg in mid-air and looks incredibly stupid). See, it keeps the plate clean, and let's face it, you have fun.
    Later...
    Rachel : No, we just see Monica as a disciplinarian.
    Monica : That's not how you see me is it?
    Phoebe : Yes Monica, you're all about the fun (she cuts a vegetable in the air).

Joey : Hey Pheebs, I need a good lie.
    Phoebe : How about the whole 'man walking on the moon thing? You can see the strings people!

These writers are geniuses!

mich_duncan_hbk

[12]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 5
    "^that my friends is a true phoebe fan" said mich_duncan_hbk in chandler's voice

Ebs_73

[13]Mar 17, 2008
    • level: 15
    omgosh i LOVE phoebe and almost about every line she says i find hysterical! Umm i love when she's in the jewelery shop (it makes me laugh just thinking about it!) looking after mon's engagment ring, and she is trying all the pieces of jewelery on and she like try's on EVERYTHING. and then when she tries to ran after the man who bought the ring and the gate comes down and locks her in and she points the gun at the man. HAHA. and then chandler comes in and asks her what happened and she says something like 'i tried to run after him but they locked me in the little jail between the doors.' Best ever!

Also just the one liners she has like 'lay the tiles cinderelli, build the cabinet cinderelli' or something like that!

or when at mon and chan's reception when mon goes 'oh who's the father? That could be my present!' and Rachel goes 'Hey, i'm already giving you peeing on a stick' and phoebe goes 'see that's why you register' HAHAHA
    Edited on 03/17/2008 10:52pm

stellarchick86

[14]Mar 18, 2008

Shuckleman mentioned a lot of good ones...TOW Phoebes Dinner was definetly a fave. And I like the one where Rachel gets the massage too. "These shoes once belonged to the great Shania Twain" "Phoebe, Shania is stil alive" "Oh then I overpaid!" LOL.

I love in TOW everyone finds out too, and she just starts screaming at the window..and then rachel screams..then ross screams..haha. Thats one of my fave Friends moments.

I also love in TOW Heckles Dies and shes trying to tell Ross that evolution is crap and then she starts saying like how can you doubt yourself, "How will your coworkers look at you? How can you look at yourself" and then walks away or whatever it is she says (definetly not those words but thats what she saying).

I also love in the one where she gets fired at the end the interviewer says why did you get fired from your last job and she goes "oh, they thought I was a whore" LOL

I also love the one where her and Joey are racing the chick and the duck. Joey: "And the duck wins the nutterbutter!" Phoebe: "No, that was just an old won-ton" Joey: "Judge calls, nutterbutter!" Phoebe: "NO!!! Oh, close call" haha I love them together

There are some others that I just keep forgetting (my memory is bad).

Edited on 03/18/2008 12:03am

SHUCKLEMAN

[15]Mar 18, 2008
    I love Joey and Phoebe's conversations. It's so funny what they talk about, or spend 10 minutes talking about something and getting nowhere.

I really like it in TOW Estelle Dies, where Phoebe pretends to be Estelle, and in TOW Joey Speaks French (I didn't like Joey speaking the French, it was too repetitive, but I found it very funny how stressed out Phoebe got).

Another one I liked was in TOW The Lottery. 'I want to do the wish bone! It's not very fair either. Just because we don't eat the meat, it doesn't mean we don't like to play with the carcasses.' rofl. I can't believe how the writers think up things like this.

stellarchick86

[16]Mar 18, 2008
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    I love Joey and Phoebe's conversations. It's so funny what they talk about, or spend 10 minutes talking about something and getting nowhere.

I really like it in TOW Estelle Dies, where Phoebe pretends to be Estelle, and in TOW Joey Speaks French (I didn't like Joey speaking the French, it was too repetitive, but I found it very funny how stressed out Phoebe got).

Another one I liked was in TOW The Lottery. 'I want to do the wish bone! It's not very fair either. Just because we don't eat the meat, it doesn't mean we don't like to play with the carcasses.' rofl. I can't believe how the writers think up things like this.

I didnt like Joey speaking french either, but Phoebe was funny. I like TOW Estelle dies too, and the lottery. But my fave part on the lottery one was when she called up pretending to be the pigeon..the look on her face is hilarious (and everyone elses). I love the one where Rachel/Monica get in a fight over that book about being your own windkeeper and they both go in their rooms and shut the door and Phoebe is mad too but doesnt have a room so she slams Monicas jewlery box haha.

ramo_zz

[17]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 16

My favourite Phoebe moment is the one with the alarm, when she can't stop it, and apparently tries to fix it so neatly and out of nowhere she slams it with a shoe, so funny

And when she yells: "What do you want from me??"

And another one vey funny is when she yells at Judy to pick up the sock rofl

Phoebe: (getting up) "Oh, for god's sake, (shouting) Judy, pick up the sock! Pick up the sock! Pick up the sock! (everybody stares) I'm sorry, was that rude? Di-did my, my li-little outburst blunt the hideousness that is this evening?"

Hmm...i'll think of more

Edited on 03/18/2008 3:37pm

Bexy17

[18]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 4

My favourite Phoebe moment is TO in Massapequa

"You're like santa claus on prozac...in disneyland......getting laid"

OMG - LOLOLOL

FRIENDS

SHUCKLEMAN

[19]Mar 19, 2008
    I love it in TOW Monica's Thunder I think, when everybody's angry with each other, and Phoebe randomly comes out of her room, sings an offensive song with her guitar, then runs back in her room.

And one of my favorite lines is in TO After Joey and Rachel Kiss 'Come on Mike! Strap on a pair!'

And,
    Rachel : Phoebe, I'm sorry I was a baby.
    Phoebe : That's ridiculous, we were all babies once. Oh! You mean today!

And, in one of the early season 6 episodes, when Phoebe sends Rachel off to the cinema in a taxi, so she can talk to Ross.
    Phoebe : The plaza! Go! Go!
    Rachel : Ahhhhhhh!
    *Phoebe and Ross talk when Rachel comes back in the taxi*
    Rachel : Phoebe!
    Phoebe : How was the movie?
    Rachel : I haven't seen it yet!
    Phoebe : The plaza! Go! Go!

and one of my favorites is whenever she say 'Oh no' in her childish way.

FriendsSvuLost8

[20]Mar 20, 2008
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    I love it in TOW Monica's Thunder I think, when everybody's angry with each other, and Phoebe randomly comes out of her room, sings an offensive song with her guitar, then runs back in her room.

"Whenever I get married guess who won't be asked to sing,
    somebody named Geller and somebody else named BING!"

Classic .