Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

seasons in order

louder58

[101]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    MisterMatthews wrote:

I have just seen 'TOW Two parties' (season 2) again, and I can't say how much fun it was. I can't believe this is the same show as seasons 8, 9 and 10. I can enjoy just seeing Chandler run and jump around. He doesn't even have to say something funny. His gestures and his movements alone make him ten times as funny as he was in the later seasons. But he also has great sarcastic remarks he won't have again later on in the show.

I love Rachel here and the way she acts. Not the crazy, dumbed down Rachel from seasons 8-9-10 I don't care about. Here, in season 2, she's sweet and caring and also stunningly beautiful. I also like Ross. He isn't whiny!!! He's funny because he's insecure, he's in awkward situations, yet he isn't whiny about it.

And at the end Rachel is depressed because her parents are getting a divorce, so she talks about it with Chandler in the hall, and then they hug. Where do you see anything remotely this touching in the second half of the show? I love this!

...And what really took that episode to another level was that you had the "moment" between Rachael & Chandler, but when Ross came out into the hallway, Chandler motioned Ross to come over so he could "hand Rachael off." Just a great little touch that showed how close all three were.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Falaybient

[102]Jan 29, 2008
    • level: 7
    MisterMatthews wrote:

Falaybient wrote:
    Cutepuppy917 wrote:
    2 - i HATED Julie i cant even watch the first and second disc of season 2 because i hate her so much
    She did absolutely nothing wrong, so unless you can think of a valid reason of disliking her, I'm just going to think you're a racist!

That's bullsh!t. So if you don't like a character, you automatically become a racist? What sheer nonsense.

Because I was so obviously serious...

SHUCKLEMAN

[103]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 11
    MisterMatthews wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    As far as the funny episodes go and the touching episodes go, Id have to switch with what you said. As they got married, had kids, etc they had more touching storylines than the beginning (unless you wanna count the last 5 minutes of TOW Heckles Dies, I dont really know what else there is..unless TOW the morning after?)

In the later seasons, with all the weddings and births and stuff, it wasn't more touching, it was just slammed in harder and deeper by the writers! They had to ram it down our throats. Seasons 1-5: the touching moments were subtle. Like when Joey moves out and Chandler is left behind all by himself. Don't you think that was a great touching storyline? Later in the series, the creators insist on beating us over the head with how 'emotional' it all was supposed to be.

I mostly agree with you, except, for the seasons 1-5 thing. It's seasons 1-3 imo. The Emily/Ross/Rachel love triangle wasn't very subtle. The Phoebe and the emotional issues of IVF treatment wasn't very subtle either, although I found both storylines touching, and, unless I am mistaken, isn't it from TOW Phoebe's Uterus where the show spirals off away from the classic season 2 Friends? Chandler and Monica's journey to getting a child is the most touching thing of all imo. We see how desperate Monica is to get a child in TOW The Birth and how ready she is to get married in TOW Barry and Mindy's Wedding, and when we discover she's infertile it is pretty heart-breaking, especially after all this time. I know a lot of people were actually annoyed by this storyline, but thanks to the whole adoption thing, we got about 5 fabulous episodes, so I was happy with it. Episodes like TOW Rachel's Other Sister, TOW The Birth Mother, TOW The Late Thanksgiving and The Last One are my favorites for touching 'Chandler and Monica are trying for a baby' storylines, and I'm not bothered about the subtlety that much (although we get a good share of subtle Ross/Rachel bits, especially in TOW No One Proposes and TO In Barbados).

jvspikesrip

[104]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 3

season 8 - the first 4 episodes, in my opinion, r the prime of the series...i never ever wanted rachel to end up with joey but since we emotionally invest in these characters we dont wanna see him get hurt so i found the ross-rachel-joey triangle alot of fun to watch..and we do see how perfect ross and rachel r together in the last episodes of this season...overall, I loved every minute of it

season 10 - couldnt have ended the show better

season 1- a lot classic episodes were here; so much comedy starting from the pilot all the way to the season finale as subtle drama builds in the last few episodes

season 2- i luved everything about this season except their was no cliffhanger

season 4- best cliffhanger and the middle of this season was so funny

season 3- the relationships from this season would shape the rest of the show (ross-rachel, janice-chandler, monica getting over richard)

season 5- some very funny episodes but i think its a tad over rated

season 9- the way it started it looked lik it might be the best season but i think tailed off considerably after rachel moves out of ross' apt.

season 6- some very strong episodes but that doesnt hide the fact that their were many weak ones also

season 7- the anti season 8...there was no strong engine to carry it...which meant less drama and emotion..but the cliffhanger was one of my favorites

Emina_I

[105]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 9

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

season 1

Season 9

Season 5

Season 10

Season 8

Season 6

Season 7- It's not that I don't like season 7 it just that it wasn't so funny to me.... we waited a whole season for the wedding, and Phoebe's wedding on the other hand had so less attention.

Elwingda

[106]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 10

This is so difficult to do. My favourites change all the time when I discover something new about episodes. Here it goes anyway:

3- includes my fav episode (TOW No One's Ready), also many other great storylines

10- brilliant ending and a better balance between plot and comedy than in Season 9, quite a few good episodes (TOW Ross's Tan, TOW The Stripper Cries, TOW Princess Consuela...), I think Joey & Rachel storyline was good as it didn't go on for too long

2- Ross and Rachel!!!, TOW Two Parties

1- good start, many classic episodes

5- lots of funny episodes (e.g. TOW Everybody Finds Out, TOW Ross's Sandwich), also first season I ever watched

4- didn't like the argument between Chandler and Joey, but disagreeing with everyone I actually liked the Emily storylines (she was just so annoying that it made me like her in a certain way)

6- I liked the idea with Elizabeth and Paul, just generally a good season, although the proposal stuff was a bit iffy at times

8- didn't really like Rachel pregnant but the start of the season was good

7- good season but didn't really stand out, too much fuss over Monica and Chandler's wedding

9- not exactly sure why I don't particularly like this season, only few episodes that stand out as funny (TOW Monica Sings, TOW Rachel's Other Sister), too much focus on the plot

Edited on 06/25/2008 4:01am

SHUCKLEMAN

[107]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well, Friends is my favorite program, so I obviusly like all 10 seasons somewhat, but I do like my favorite season quite a lot more than my least favorite season...
    Favorite first...

Season 9 - This is THE season of Friends. It's hilarious. The first 23 episodes of it are fabulous. Most of them are almost perfect (exceptions are perhaps TOW Sharks (I don't want to delve into this, but I did actually like the shark storyline), TOW Rachel Goes Back to Work, TOW Phoebe's Rats and TOW The Donor. TO In Barbados, Part 2 is a different story. I was pretty upset about it. Joey and Rachel ACTUALLY getting together was disappointing for me when I first saw it. Of course, at the time, I didn't know their being together would give use TO After Joey and Rachel Kiss, TOW Ross is Fine and TOW Ross's Tan, 3 of the very best episode Friends has ever produced. Season 9 was thrilling in every other aspect. I can't explain how, but I liked it how everything was not as Rachel-orientated this time round, I liked it how a few episodes were so touching they made me cry, and best of all, it is absolutely hilarious. I couldn't believe how good it was. I was overwhelmed by how good it was.

Season 5 - Fabulous. So many good episodes, and the start of 'late-Friends', where the show actually got good. Again, too many highlights to list, or else I'll be here forever...

Season 10 - This was fabulous. It was clear they were saving their best storylines for the last season. The only episode that had a storyline I didn't like was TOW Joey Speaks French. I liked the other 15 minutes of that episode, and I loved the other 17 episodes. Again, I can't mention specific episodes, because I don't want to be here all day...

Season 4 - This is the point where Friends actually changed, and brought us seasons like 5 and 9. Did it really change in season 4? Yes. What is it people don't like about the later seasons? The weddings? Season 4 had a wedding. The pregnancies? Season 4 had a pregnancy. Chandler and Monica? Chandler and Monica got together. Joey's stupidity? Compare how stupid Joey is in season 1 and season 4. There's a HUGE difference. Rachel/Monica and Joey/Chandler not living together anymore? When was the first major apartement change? Rachel getting dumbed-down and developing crushes all the time. Ever heard of Joshua? Care to watch episodes like TOW The Fake Party again? Chandler being less sarcastic? Watch any season 1 episode, and watch any season 4 episode. Chandler has definately already become less sarcastic. I hope this is enough to explain that Friends changed during season 4, NOT during season 6, 7, 8 or 9 like most people say. Season 5 is definately more similar to season 10 than it is to even season 3. Highlights of this season? Everything after episode 10 and TOW The Jellyfish.

Season 6 - I'm getting to the point I can specifically name episodes now. Highlights of this were TO After Vegas, TOW Joey Loses His Insurance, TOW Ross Got High (Rachel putting meat in the trifle was hilarious, as was Ross and Joey wanting to go to Thanksgiving with the hot dancer girls. We saw nothing like this in the earlier seasons), TOW The Routine, TOW The Ring and TOW The Proposal. The final 3 episodes were fabulous, and I cried in all of them. They were great. Awesome season overall!

Season 8 - I didn't like how everything was 'Rachel, 'Rachel', 'Rachel' and Joey falling in love with her was surreal. Rachel developing a crush on Joey in season 9 is completely expected. She get's crushes on all the time (Joshua, Tag, even Paolo from season 1!). To be honest, I'm surprised Rachel didn't get a crush on Joey sooner (although in season 7 we discover she used to, as did Monica (which we discover in season 3)). Joey falling in LOVE is completely different. Joey has never fallen in love with anyone before (he wasn't in love in season 3. He says so himself in season 9), and he falls in love with Rachel, his roommate of all people. It was definately a surprise, which was good, and did increase the number of viewers for the last 3 seasons, but it was so out of character, even I was hugely bothered about it. A crush would've been fine. Joey has, infact, always been sexually attracted to Rachel, as he has also been to most girls he sees. highlights are TO After "I Do", TOW The Red Sweater, TOW Rachel Tells..., TOW The Videotape, TOW The Stripper, TOW The Rumour, TOW Ross's Step Forward, TO In Massapequa, TOW Rachel Is Late. Good season.

Season 7 - I though this wasn't fantastic. I'm sure there could've been many funnier 'big wedding' related storylines they could've used. Maybe they wanted to save them for future episodes (like Phoebe's wedding). Some episodes were quite boring, and the lack of Chandler at the end of the season made it weird, as he was the groom! Some great episodes, and some very touching ones. TOW Monica's Thunder (I have to give a special mention to this. It's one of the very best), TOW They All Turn Thirty, TOW The Truth About London, TOW The Cheap Wedding Dresses, TOW Ross and Monica's Cousing (this is one of the weid season 7 episodes I watched, and thought 'Is this ACTUALLY Friends?', but adultry, incest and Phoebe's lesbianism aside, I was very funny), TOW The Nap Partners, TOW Chandler's Dad and TOW Monica's and Chandler's Wedding. The lack of Ross and Rachel (except for the premier) nmay have hurt the season, as did the lack of drama, but it was good.

Season 1, 2 and 3 - I feel pretty much the same about all these seasons. Not particularly funny. They did have good bits though. Namely, TOW All The Poker, TOW The Birth, TOW Rachel Finds Out, TOW Two Parts, TOW Ross's New Girlfriend, TOW The List, TOW Two Parties (this episode is hilarious), TO Without The Ski Trip, TOW The Morning After. Other episodes like TOW The Prom Video, TOW The Football, TOW No One's Ready, etc. were quite funny too, but not as funny as everybody made them out to be, although a few of them were very touching, although I find 'We're getting a baby!' scenes more touching than 'I love you' scenes. Not bad seasons, but if all 10 seasons of Friends were like this, I don't know if I'd be watching the show today...

MisterMatthews

[109]Jul 13, 2008
    • level: 5

I don't get why so many people have such a strong dislike for season 7. Granted, it's not the best season, but is it really *that* bad? The last days, I'm watching it again and I must say I find it extremely funny. There's no strong back-story for the entire season (other than Monica and Chandler preparing for their wedding), but is that such a bad thing? I think season 7 has very good episodes, with many funny moments.

For example: Monica, Chandler and Ross telling each other's embarrassing secrets; Joey playing a 19 year old; Phoebe's cookie recipe; the girl Rachel made out with denying anything happened; Joey and Ross as nap partners; Chandler and Rachel fighting over cheesecakes etc.

Also, in my opinion, this season marks the last *real* funny appearance of Chandler. After he gets married to Monica, she becomes far too bossy and is dominating him and as a result, he is less funny. But season 7 is curious, because Chandler is different from season 8, but also very different from previous episodes. Especially in the first episodes, he's acting differently. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the way he speaks is slightly different, as are his expressions and delivery. This is especially apparent in 'TOW Chandler doesn't like dogs', when he is talking about Ross' neighbours growing weed. But, as I said, I like it. I think he looks nice with glasses, it gives him a very different appeal.

Edited on 07/13/2008 5:32pm

stellarchick86

[110]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 32
    MisterMatthews wrote:

I don't get why so many people have such a strong dislike for season 7. Granted, it's not the best season, but is it really *that* bad? The last days, I'm watching it again and I must say I find it extremely funny. There's no strong back-story for the entire season (other than Monica and Chandler preparing for their wedding), but is that such a bad thing? I think season 7 has very good episodes, with many funny moments.

For example: Monica, Chandler and Ross telling each other's embarrassing secrets; Joey playing a 19 year old; Phoebe's cookie recipe; the girl Rachel made out with denying anything happened; Joey and Ross as nap partners; Chandler and Rachel fighting over cheesecakes etc.

Also, in my opinion, this season marks the last *real* funny appearance of Chandler. After he gets married to Monica, she becomes far too bossy and is dominating him and as a result, he is less funny. But season 7 is curious, because Chandler is different from season 8, but also very different from previous episodes. Especially in the first episodes, he's acting differently. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the way he speaks is slightly different, as are his expressions and delivery. This is especially apparent in 'TOW Chandler doesn't like dogs', when he is talking about Ross' neighbours growing weed. But, as I said, I like it. I think he looks nice with glasses, it gives him a very different appeal.

I personally didnt like it that much, I find the other seasons way more funny. Theres a few episodes like TOW They Stay Up All Night, TOW The Holiday Armadillo and like 1 other one I cant think of ATM that I constantly laugh at no matter how much I see it, but I think the episodes were less compared to the other seasons. And TOW The Cheesecakes I think is like the worst episode of Friends ever, so that isnt convincing me. And I dont know, I didnt think Chandler was really that different either? Maybe its just me.

rebachick94

[111]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 16

I think friends got better every season so 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Edited on 06/07/2009 10:52am

HarmlessAngel

[112]Jul 15, 2008
    • level: 10
    slamminhiphop wrote:
    this s a tough question but id say

10-four (cant stand emily)

i so agree with you there, I hated emily to bits

brandine16

[114]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 2

7 5 9 10 6 8 4 3 2 1

ben-the-hen

[115]Sep 3, 2008
    • level: 8

2 - Phoebe's songs, Eddie, Rachel vs. Julie, the Prom Video eg. Ross' Moustache, Rachel's Nose and Fat Monica there was Dr Richard Burke and of course Joey making it as Dr Drake Ramoray, then falling down a lift shaft. And o course my favourite season 2 episode 'The One Where Old Yeller Dies'. By far my favourite season.

7 - My second favourite season includes Mac and C.H.E.E.S.E getting cancelled, Monica & Chandler's wedding, Tag, The Holiday Armadillo, Pheobe's fire alarm, Joey's return to Days of Our Lives, the truth about London, and we find out that Rachel is pregnant. It was a brilliant season.

5 - My third favourite season consits of the aftermath of Ross saying Rachel's name, goodbye to Emily, the one hundreth episode where Phoebe gives Birth to Frank Jr.'s triplets, past thanksgivings, Monica & Chandler's secret affair being exposed slowly and of course the trip to Vegas which was truly classic.

4 - Only one thing made this season my fourth favourite...'The One With the Embryos'. The best episode of Friends ever! If there was more to the season it would have made it better but oh well.

1 - My fifth favourite season was where it all started and of course you have to mark it up for that. It also includes great storylines for each character. Chandler - The One With the Blackout. Ross - The One With the East German Laundry Detergent. Phoebe - The One With the Two Parts. Rachel - The One Where Rachel Finds Out. Monica - The One With the Fake Monica. Joey - The One With the Butt. Great season for each character!

9 - My sixth favourite season includes Emma, the male nanny, Amy Green and Barbados. A very good season but let down a bit by some weak storylines.

10 - My seventh favourite season consists of Phoebe & Mike's wedding, Monica & Chandler getting babies and Rachel & Ross finally getting together. Of course, there was the last episode of the Friends entire series so I had to mark it down becuase it's where it all ended.

6 - My eighth favourite season includes The One That Could Have Been, which was brilliant, The One With Unagi and The One With the Proposal. Not the best but all Friends seasons are good.

3 - I had to choose between season 3 & 8 to be the worst so I chose season 3 to be my ninth favourite season. This is because It has fairly good storylines and it includes Joey's sisters. That's all that's good about it really.

8 - Season 8 is my least favourite season because the storylines weren't as good as other seasons.

Edited on 09/03/2008 12:49pm

stellarchick86

[116]May 27, 2009
    • level: 32

These are mine from fave to least fave.

1. Season 5

2. Season 2

3. Season 3

4. Season 6

5. Season 1

6. Season 9

7. Season 4

8. Season 7

9. Season 8

10. Season 10

-This was really hard to do, but this is basically how it goes. I dont hate any of the seasons really, but this is basically how I would rate them. And like say with season 7 and season 8, if I could combine half of each itd be one great season so it was hard to figure out which one I liked more. And then s6 and s3 can switch back and fourth, and same with s9 and s1

Edited on 05/27/2009 2:01am

TwistedConverse

[117]May 27, 2009
    • level: 23
    1. Season 5
    2. Season 3
    3. Season 8
    4. Season 9
    5. Season 6
    6. Season 7
    7. Season 4
    8. Season 2
    9. Season 10
    10. Season 1

seriesguy3998

[118]Aug 18, 2009
    • level: 17

Season 3

Season 5

Season 4

Season 2

Season 10

Season 8

Season 7

Season 6

Season 1

Season 9

Edited on 01/08/2010 10:58am

bronbrons27

[119]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 14

1. Season 4 - I loved every episode in this season, and its by far my favourite

2. Season 7 - Again, I loved most of the episodes from this season, especially TOW Chandler Doesn't like Dogs.

3. Season 9 - Much better than season 8, and I loved all the Emma storylines.

4. Season 2 - Again, better than season 1, and I loved the Rachel vs. Julie episodes, and all of Phoebe's songs in this season. Also, TOW The Baby on the bus is hilarious.

5. Season 3 - Just all round funny, and there were no major storylines at the start of the season, and it was just random funny episodes, which I liked.

6. Season 6 - A very good season, just not my favourite.

7. Season 1 - Could have been better. But Season 2 and 3 brought it back up.

8. Season 5 - Again, a good season, but not my favourite. I didn't like the whole "Ross not allowed to see Rachel" thing.

9. Season 10 - I think this season could have been better for a finale season. I liked The Last One and TOW Ross's Tan, but some other episodes could have been better.

10. Season 8 - I can't really explain it, but I just don't like this season very much. I didn't like many of the storylines in the episodes and I just didn't really like it. It's definately my least favourite.

Edited on 08/19/2009 12:10pm

brandon--16

[120]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 5
    5, 8, 6, 3, 4, 10, 9, 2, 1, 7