Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

smoking

KyleBaucom

[1]Dec 31, 2007
    • level: 14
    not that i care if people smoke or anything...but i know that a bunch of friends episodes deal with characters trying or quiting smoking. I wonder who on friends really do smoke. does anyone know?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

efc1991

[2]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 25
    Mathew Perry smokes I think I don't know about the rest.

Cici21

[3]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think Jennifer smokes as of 2005 or 2006 or something.But if you're asking about who actually smoked in real life while the show was going on i don't really know.

chriseternal

[4]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 32

I didn't realize it. There ARE a lot of Friends episodes that deal with smoking. As to who on Friends smokes or not I don't know. Here's an interesting link to some celebrity smokers.

http://www.getlippy.com/celebville/celebwatch/smokingstars/

simsiscool07

[5]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 8
    Well I think smoking is disgusting and especially worse for celebs because kids look up to these people and they are not very good role models if they are papped with a cigareete in their hand are they?

stellarchick86

[6]Jan 1, 2008
    My mom told me at one time that in a magazine it was talking about all the Friends actors who smoked and it said the only ones who do not smoke were david schwimmer and...I wanna say lisa kudrow but im not 100% i remember she mentioned another one, its between matt le blanc and Lisa kudrow cuz i know the rest of them do (or did for the majority of the show)

Ebs_73

[7]Jan 1, 2008
    • level: 15
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    My mom told me at one time that in a magazine it was talking about all the Friends actors who smoked and it said the only ones who do not smoke were david schwimmer and...I wanna say lisa kudrow but im not 100% i remember she mentioned another one, its between matt le blanc and Lisa kudrow cuz i know the rest of them do (or did for the majority of the show)

Oh that kinda dissapoints me because i really dont like smoking.

jra3209

[8]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 15
    In a Friend's magazine i saw pictures of Lisa smoking. I think only David and Matt Le Blanc don't. I wanna say Courtney doesn't but i'm not sure...

stellarchick86

[9]Jan 3, 2008
    Yeah she mayve quit when she got pregnant or had Coco but im pretty sure a few years ago (like sometime before she was pregnant) I saw a pic of her and Jen and they were both smoking..they were like out on the beach somewhere. So yea, im pretty sure it was matt le blanc too who doesnt...seems more right to me than Lisa.

kodabear911

[10]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    i heard somewhere (it might even be on david's page here) that only david schwimmer has either never became a heavy smoker or he quit before he got to the show. I'm pretty sure that the rest of them do/did at somepoint during the 10 yrs. of the show(most notably matt perry, of course). but, i think that courteney and lisa quit when they were pregnant and havnt gone back.

kodabear911

[11]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    simsiscool07 wrote:
    Well I think smoking is disgusting and especially worse for celebs because kids look up to these people and they are not very good role models if they are papped with a cigareete in their hand are they?

thats really not a fair thing to say because, given their age, these actors grew up when smoking was not considered to be harmful, they hadnt connected the lines between lung diesease and smoking yet, and all of them had/have tried to quit. its not like now where if you start smoking then you're considered kinda stupid because we have the info that we do, and we know that there is a direct connection between lung/throat/mouth cancer and tobacco use. you really cant expect them to quit because they're celebs now, can you? its an addiction, and its just something that they have to deal with, because they are really the only people who can fix it. and, just because these are celebs and kids look up to them doesnt mean that kids are going to start smoking just because they see people in the media smoking. give kids more credit, they are smarter than that.

grace87

[12]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 34
    stellarchick86 wrote:

david.. and I remember that courtney quit smoking when she had know about her pregnancy..

stellarchick86

[13]Apr 1, 2008
    grace87 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

david.. and I remember that courtney quit smoking when she had know about her pregnancy..

I asked my mom again and she said "the only one I remember not smoking on there was David...I know Jenn smokes because I saw a pic of her a few days ago with a cig out of her mouth". So there ya go. Lisa and Courtney probably quit when they were pregnant but I think they went back to it because I thought I saw pics of them smoking afterwards. And MLB seems like he would smoke, like he has that personality, but what do I know.

yousifaltaha

[14]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    david is the only one who didnt smoke,and then courteney cox quit around the sixth season

sbhinyo

[15]Apr 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    I know that Matthew smokes or smoked but i would think Lisa and David wouldn't be smokers. I can see Jen and Cour smoking but not David, Lisa or Matt.

stellarchick86

[16]Apr 3, 2008
    I can see all of them but David smoking. And heres a website I found that talks about every celeb and if theyve smoked..if you guys wanna read it, go for it (its too long for me lol)

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/marci_x/_group_photos/damon_wayans2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://smokingsides.com/asfs/K/Kudrow.html&h=265&w=400&sz=34&hl=en&start=8&tbnid=RVXEyPZDtk7AkM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlisa%2Bkudrow%2Bsmoking%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den

mileycyrusxx

[17]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    it would be weird if courtney smoked coz monica is like against smoking haha.

bike-chan

[18]Apr 4, 2008
    • level: 7
    I'm quite sure Courtney did smoke. I'm not sure where but I read somewhere about her engagement and she mentioned that she was quiting at that time (no idea if successfully). But even if she didn't she probably quit when she was pregnant.

harryathouse

[19]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 18
    Well, I do know that Matthew Perry was involved in some sort of accident before the start of season 7 and that made him take up drugs, which made his noticeable weight change at the beginning of season 7. He later gained back his usual weight during the middle of the season, but then during season 8 he gained even more weight, which was alcohol related. I'm sure that he must of smoked at some point during that time.

Kadodian

[20]Apr 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    I'm sure Mathew Perry smokes, I'm sure Jennifer Ainiston smokes and I'm pretty sure Lisa Kudrow smokes too but I read in a fansite thatshe's very secretive about it but she was caught smoking on camera twice.