Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Friends Help Desk - Question & Answer Thread

super_friend21

[101]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 27
    2 questions: 1) In TOW Monica and Chandler's Wedding, why would Rachel take a pregnancy test in Monica's apartment when she lives with Joey next door? 2) Is the title of this episode TOW Monica... or TOW Chandler... because on the episode guide on this website its got Chandler's name first but on the TV Guide it has Monica's name first?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Tipo42

[102]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 11

i bought the first series on dvd a couple of months ago and i am not sure if there are any extras like gag reel or deleted scenes.do any of you have it?if so are there?i am not sure.

thanks

xxx

cutieflutie1216

[103]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 50
    Tipo42 wrote:

i bought the first series on dvd a couple of months ago and i am not sure if there are any extras like gag reel or deleted scenes.do any of you have it?if so are there?i am not sure.

thanks

xxx

Yes, extras are always on the fourth dvd.

cutieflutie1216

[104]Jul 19, 2007
    super_friend21 wrote:
    2 questions: 1) In TOW Monica and Chandler's Wedding, why would Rachel take a pregnancy test in Monica's apartment when she lives with Joey next door? 2) Is the title of this episode TOW Monica... or TOW Chandler... because on the episode guide on this website its got Chandler's name first but on the TV Guide it has Monica's name first?

1. The writers put the test there so Phoebe would find it. I don't think there is a "real" reason.
    2. The official title is "The One with Chandler and Monica's Wedding." The TV Guide probably didn't have room for such a long title.

yuumm_monkeys

[105]Jul 19, 2007
    • level: 12
    Boozy2shoe wrote:
    Does anyone have the Friends Complete Series DVD set? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm a little confused as to how it's set up. In the pictures it doesn't look like the DVD's are divided into seasons, and I could see where that could be confusing. I'm not sure If I'll like it, so anyone who owns it, I'd like to hear your opinion on the set. I already own all the seasons individually, but I'm looking to give those to my brother, and buy the new ones, If it's worth it. Thanks in advance.
    The DVD's are set up six or seven discs to a sleeve thing each sleeve has a character and shows pictures as they progress throughout the years. Granted the seasons are not separated but it's pretty easy to see that there are 4 DVD's to a season. there is also a full color book that has all the episodes broken down into seasons and seasons onto discs. the book has screen shots and promo shots as well as little blurbs about each episode and the guest stars. there are bonus features, gag reels and documentaries, though most of the gag reels are on disc 40 but they are all there. any more questions just PM me.

grace87

[106]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 34

ok i got another one..

in the first episodes the guy's and the girl's door number was like 5 and 6.. how come they ended to be 19 and 20?

Elientj

[107]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    What's the name of the episode where the friends do that funny thing with their fists?

yuumm_monkeys

[108]Jul 20, 2007
    grace87 wrote:

ok i got another one..

in the first episodes the guy's and the girl's door number was like 5 and 6.. how come they ended to be 19 and 20?

The writers and producers thought that if they were living so high up that the numbers should be higher so they changed the numbers to correspond with that thought.
    Edited on 07/20/2007 6:47am

tafj73

[109]Jul 21, 2007
    • level: 30
    Elientj wrote:
    What's the name of the episode where the friends do that funny thing with their fists?
    It's in episode 4.05, TOW Joey's New Girlfriend

grace87

[110]Jul 22, 2007
    some episodes got double title and the title starts with a.ka. .. like the first one.. what is "a.k.a" standing for?

grace87

[112]Jul 22, 2007
    xJOPLINGx wrote:

A.K.A= also known as

wow.. lol.. thanks!

Boozy2shoe

[113]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 21
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:
    Does anyone have the Friends Complete Series DVD set? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm a little confused as to how it's set up. In the pictures it doesn't look like the DVD's are divided into seasons, and I could see where that could be confusing. I'm not sure If I'll like it, so anyone who owns it, I'd like to hear your opinion on the set. I already own all the seasons individually, but I'm looking to give those to my brother, and buy the new ones, If it's worth it. Thanks in advance.
    The DVD's are set up six or seven discs to a sleeve thing each sleeve has a character and shows pictures as they progress throughout the years. Granted the seasons are not separated but it's pretty easy to see that there are 4 DVD's to a season. there is also a full color book that has all the episodes broken down into seasons and seasons onto discs. the book has screen shots and promo shots as well as little blurbs about each episode and the guest stars. there are bonus features, gag reels and documentaries, though most of the gag reels are on disc 40 but they are all there. any more questions just PM me.
    Thanks!

Elientj

[114]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 1
    tafj73 wrote:
    Elientj wrote:
    It's in episode 4.05, TOW Joey's New Girlfriend
    Thanks!

grace87

[115]Jul 25, 2007

in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

what's the meaning of that?

yuumm_monkeys

[116]Jul 25, 2007
    grace87 wrote:

in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.

grace87

[117]Jul 25, 2007
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.

so.. it's a kind of a slang or something?

cutieflutie1216

[118]Jul 25, 2007
    grace87 wrote:
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

It's a common United Statesian saying.

grace87

[119]Jul 25, 2007
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    grace87 wrote:
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

It's a common United Statesian saying.

ok thanks

dancer56

[120]Jul 25, 2007
    • level: 4

Racheal got pregnant about 1 month before Monica and Chandlers wedding. Their wedding was on May 15th, Making racheal almost 1 month pregnant at that time. In the episode: The one with the creepy holiday card, it says Racheal is 4 months pregnant. That isn't possible... It is at least december in that episode, making Racheal at least 8 months pregnant. am i right?