Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Friends Help Desk - Question & Answer Thread

  • Avatar of super_friend21

    super_friend21

    [101]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 03/09/07
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 550
    2 questions: 1) In TOW Monica and Chandler's Wedding, why would Rachel take a pregnancy test in Monica's apartment when she lives with Joey next door? 2) Is the title of this episode TOW Monica... or TOW Chandler... because on the episode guide on this website its got Chandler's name first but on the TV Guide it has Monica's name first?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Tipo42

    Tipo42

    [102]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 537

    i bought the first series on dvd a couple of months ago and i am not sure if there are any extras like gag reel or deleted scenes.do any of you have it?if so are there?i am not sure.

    thanks

    xxx

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cutieflutie1216

    cutieflutie1216

    [103]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 04/10/07
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 2,092
    Tipo42 wrote:

    i bought the first series on dvd a couple of months ago and i am not sure if there are any extras like gag reel or deleted scenes.do any of you have it?if so are there?i am not sure.

    thanks

    xxx



    Yes, extras are always on the fourth dvd.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cutieflutie1216

    cutieflutie1216

    [104]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 04/10/07
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 2,092
    super_friend21 wrote:
    2 questions: 1) In TOW Monica and Chandler's Wedding, why would Rachel take a pregnancy test in Monica's apartment when she lives with Joey next door? 2) Is the title of this episode TOW Monica... or TOW Chandler... because on the episode guide on this website its got Chandler's name first but on the TV Guide it has Monica's name first?


    1. The writers put the test there so Phoebe would find it. I don't think there is a "real" reason.
    2. The official title is "The One with Chandler and Monica's Wedding." The TV Guide probably didn't have room for such a long title.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yuumm_monkeys

    yuumm_monkeys

    [105]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 01/08/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,637
    Boozy2shoe wrote:
    Does anyone have the Friends Complete Series DVD set? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm a little confused as to how it's set up. In the pictures it doesn't look like the DVD's are divided into seasons, and I could see where that could be confusing. I'm not sure If I'll like it, so anyone who owns it, I'd like to hear your opinion on the set. I already own all the seasons individually, but I'm looking to give those to my brother, and buy the new ones, If it's worth it. Thanks in advance.
    The DVD's are set up six or seven discs to a sleeve thing each sleeve has a character and shows pictures as they progress throughout the years. Granted the seasons are not separated but it's pretty easy to see that there are 4 DVD's to a season. there is also a full color book that has all the episodes broken down into seasons and seasons onto discs. the book has screen shots and promo shots as well as little blurbs about each episode and the guest stars. there are bonus features, gag reels and documentaries, though most of the gag reels are on disc 40 but they are all there. any more questions just PM me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [106]Jul 20, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151

    ok i got another one..

    in the first episodes the guy's and the girl's door number was like 5 and 6.. how come they ended to be 19 and 20?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Elientj

    Elientj

    [107]Jul 20, 2007
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    What's the name of the episode where the friends do that funny thing with their fists?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yuumm_monkeys

    yuumm_monkeys

    [108]Jul 20, 2007
    • member since: 01/08/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,637
    grace87 wrote:

    ok i got another one..

    in the first episodes the guy's and the girl's door number was like 5 and 6.. how come they ended to be 19 and 20?

    The writers and producers thought that if they were living so high up that the numbers should be higher so they changed the numbers to correspond with that thought.
    Edited on 07/20/2007 6:47am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tafj73

    tafj73

    [109]Jul 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/17/06
    • level: 30
    • rank: Anchorman
    • posts: 3,875
    Elientj wrote:
    What's the name of the episode where the friends do that funny thing with their fists?
    It's in episode 4.05, TOW Joey's New Girlfriend
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [110]Jul 22, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151
    some episodes got double title and the title starts with a.ka. .. like the first one.. what is "a.k.a" standing for?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [112]Jul 22, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151
    xJOPLINGx wrote:

    A.K.A= also known as

    wow.. lol.. thanks!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Boozy2shoe

    Boozy2shoe

    [113]Jul 22, 2007
    • member since: 10/16/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 976
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:
    Does anyone have the Friends Complete Series DVD set? I was thinking about getting it, but I'm a little confused as to how it's set up. In the pictures it doesn't look like the DVD's are divided into seasons, and I could see where that could be confusing. I'm not sure If I'll like it, so anyone who owns it, I'd like to hear your opinion on the set. I already own all the seasons individually, but I'm looking to give those to my brother, and buy the new ones, If it's worth it. Thanks in advance.
    The DVD's are set up six or seven discs to a sleeve thing each sleeve has a character and shows pictures as they progress throughout the years. Granted the seasons are not separated but it's pretty easy to see that there are 4 DVD's to a season. there is also a full color book that has all the episodes broken down into seasons and seasons onto discs. the book has screen shots and promo shots as well as little blurbs about each episode and the guest stars. there are bonus features, gag reels and documentaries, though most of the gag reels are on disc 40 but they are all there. any more questions just PM me.
    Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Elientj

    Elientj

    [114]Jul 24, 2007
    • member since: 07/14/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    tafj73 wrote:
    Elientj wrote:
    What's the name of the episode where the friends do that funny thing with their fists?
    It's in episode 4.05, TOW Joey's New Girlfriend
    Thanks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [115]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151

    in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

    what's the meaning of that?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yuumm_monkeys

    yuumm_monkeys

    [116]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 01/08/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 2,637
    grace87 wrote:

    in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

    what's the meaning of that?

    It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [117]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

    in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

    what's the meaning of that?

    It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.

    so.. it's a kind of a slang or something?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cutieflutie1216

    cutieflutie1216

    [118]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 04/10/07
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 2,092
    grace87 wrote:
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

    in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

    what's the meaning of that?

    It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.

    so.. it's a kind of a slang or something?



    It's a common United Statesian saying.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of grace87

    grace87

    [119]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 34
    • rank: Wardrobe Malfunction
    • posts: 3,151
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    grace87 wrote:
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    grace87 wrote:

    in TOW phoebe's dad, phoebe told her grandmother that she "was smelling smoke, maybe beceuse someone's pants were on fire.."

    what's the meaning of that?

    It goes with the saying "liar, liar, pants on fire." she is basically calling her grandmother a liar.

    so.. it's a kind of a slang or something?

    It's a common United Statesian saying.

    ok thanks

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dancer56

    dancer56

    [120]Jul 25, 2007
    • member since: 07/22/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 258

    Racheal got pregnant about 1 month before Monica and Chandlers wedding. Their wedding was on May 15th, Making racheal almost 1 month pregnant at that time. In the episode: The one with the creepy holiday card, it says Racheal is 4 months pregnant. That isn't possible... It is at least december in that episode, making Racheal at least 8 months pregnant. am i right?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.