Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Friends Help Desk - Question & Answer Thread

stellarchick86

[1101]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 32
    Do we know, is Amy older than Rachel or is it vice versa? Sorry if this has been asked before but I cant remember/didnt see it. To me Christina Applegate looks older than Jennifer Aniston plus itd be nice if Rachel was younger since she has a younger sister already (Jill) but I can also see them thinking that Rachel should be the older wiser sister since Amy has come to Rachel a lot with problems and helping her fix her life and what not (plus shes pretty immature). So I didnt know which way to go. And as far as I know it has never stated because I remember back in "TOW 2 Parties" she just said "my sister Jill would be throwing up on the side" and never mentioned Amy. Then you see her talking with Danny in s5 and when he asks if she has a brother, she says "No, I have 2 sisters". And thats pretty much it regarding talking about them or their ages or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Edited on 06/04/2010 7:37pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

soulspike

[1102]Jun 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    is there an plans for like a future friends probably starring with

Ben, Emma, Jack, Erika (the kids of the friends group but grown up) possibly pheobe and mikes child (or the triplets probably) or have another guy play the joey guy who is charming but acts like a child at times.

just wondering that all.

tafj73

[1103]Jun 17, 2010
    • level: 30

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Do we know, is Amy older than Rachel or is it vice versa? Sorry if this has been asked before but I cant remember/didnt see it. To me Christina Applegate looks older than Jennifer Aniston plus itd be nice if Rachel was younger since she has a younger sister already (Jill) but I can also see them thinking that Rachel should be the older wiser sister since Amy has come to Rachel a lot with problems and helping her fix her life and what not (plus shes pretty immature). So I didnt know which way to go. And as far as I know it has never stated because I remember back in "TOW 2 Parties" she just said "my sister Jill would be throwing up on the side" and never mentioned Amy. Then you see her talking with Danny in s5 and when he asks if she has a brother, she says "No, I have 2 sisters". And thats pretty much it regarding talking about them or their ages or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

My guess is that Rachel is the oldest, followed by Amy and then Jill. I don't think they ever specified the exact order though, but that's a good question! I'm not sure why I think that, it just seems like Rachel would be the biggest sister, I don't know why. Perhaps that she has seemed to help the other sisters out more.

strat_boy

[1104]Jun 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    What episode does Monica say to Phoebe that she is on fire? I've seen all but 1 episode of Friends and I wanted to know what one it is, thanks.

rebachick94

[1105]Jun 27, 2010
    • level: 16
    tafj73 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

My guess is that Rachel is the oldest, followed by Amy and then Jill. I don't think they ever specified the exact order though, but that's a good question! I'm not sure why I think that, it just seems like Rachel would be the biggest sister, I don't know why. Perhaps that she has seemed to help the other sisters out more.

It's not just you. I've always thought Rachel was the oldest as well. I don't know why. Amy is a lot less mature than Rachel, but that could have nothing to do with their ages. If I had to guess, I would say Rachel is the oldest.

stellarchick86

[1106]Jul 11, 2010
    rebachick94 wrote:
    tafj73 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

It's not just you. I've always thought Rachel was the oldest as well. I don't know why. Amy is a lot less mature than Rachel, but that could have nothing to do with their ages. If I had to guess, I would say Rachel is the oldest.

Thanks guys. I was leaning more towards Rachel being the oldest but didnt know for sure.

GabeRuth2

[1107]Nov 13, 2010
    • level: 7

how does the audience know what the actors are saying when the characters are thinking something aren'tsaying it out loud?

moon_1990

[1108]Dec 31, 2010
    • level: 3
    can some1 help me i need the name of an episode.
    i thought i had watched every episode put apparently i havnt. i saw a clip in which ross and joey are tossing a ball at each other and it kind of turns into a marathon and they keep doing it even in the bathroom
    i need the ep no and season no. plz help.

tafj73

[1109]Jan 10, 2011
    • level: 30

moon_1990 wrote:
    can some1 help me i need the name of an episode. i thought i had watched every episode put apparently i havnt. i saw a clip in which ross and joey are tossing a ball at each other and it kind of turns into a marathon and they keep doing it even in the bathroom i need the ep no and season no. plz help.

It's from The One With The Ball, season 5 episode 21.

stellarchick86

[1110]Mar 29, 2011
    GabeRuth2 wrote:

how does the audience know what the actors are saying when the characters are thinking something aren'tsaying it out loud?

I would imagine that they would have the actor record what it is they gotta say beforehand and then they play it at the same time as the actor is making a certain face like they are thinking it. For the most part, the actor is facing the audience, so they can tell by the facial expression and the fact that they arent speaking. Or they record it seperately, without the audience, and use a laugh track. Not sure which but that would be my guess.
    Edited on 03/29/2011 2:15am

TreeHill_89

[1111]Apr 12, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:
    tafj73 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

Thanks guys. I was leaning more towards Rachel being the oldest but didnt know for sure.

I've also wondered that but i do think that Rachel is the oldest.. it fits more, Amy and Jill seem immature to be the oldest.

Uurgh

[1112]Apr 13, 2011
    • level: 1

TreeHill_89 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:
    tafj73 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

I've also wondered that but i do think that Rachel is the oldest.. it fits more, Amy and Jill seem immature to be the oldest.

Ya'know, I've always thought that Rachel was the oldest too - but I don't know why. I always assumed it was said some time during the series. But when I checked wikipedia, it says that she is the second of three daughters. (here's a link http://friends.wikia.com/wiki/Rachel ) Does anyone know when this was said? Or is the wikia just assuming as well?

qscqscqsc

[1113]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 4
    yh i remember rachael saying some1 was her little sister and some1 was her bid sister but i cant remember who

rebachick94

[1114]Jun 7, 2011
    qscqscqsc wrote:
    yh i remember rachael saying some1 was her little sister and some1 was her bid sister but i cant remember who

Didn't she say something like, "Ross is going to marry my little sister" in one of the episodes feauturing Jill? They were both in season 6; one was called "The One with Rachel's Sister," and I think the other one is the episode after that one.

TreeHill_89

[1115]Jul 8, 2011
    well maybe Amy's the oldest followed by Rachel then Jill. But Rachel was the mature one. IDK

burgin220

[1116]Aug 20, 2011
    vini_megfield wrote:

Okay.... In TOW the birth mother, Erica shows a sonogram picture of her unborn baby to Monica & Chandler. Untill the babies were born, nobudy knew that there are 2(twins). How come the other baby did'nt showup in the sonogram picture???

When the twins are born the doctor who delivers them says that it was right there in the paperwork that she was going to have twins. Erica was just dingy. She even says how when they were talking about "both heartbeats" she thought it was her and the baby.

burgin220

[1117]Aug 20, 2011

Does anyone know what episode Monica gives Phoebe pills for her headache and Phoebe freaks out over the side effects? She calls them "death capsules". I looked through the episode guide and couldn't find it. I want to showa clip ofit to my students since we are learning about side effects and trade - offs. Thanks

stellarchick86

[1118]Sep 23, 2011
    This is more of a statement along with a question rather than simply a question. Does anyone else find it weird that Phoebe was this homeless teenager who lived on the streets of NY yet later on she lives with her grandmother? I find it hard to believe that her grandmother wouldnt care about her when she was a minor yet would take her in as a 20-30 something year old adult. Her grandmother was supposed to be from her father's side right (since he showed up at the funeral), so do we just assume that her grandmother didnt really know much about Phoebe until she was an adult and maybe Phoebe looked her up and moved in?

LeytonTLA

[1119]Oct 18, 2011
    the problem with phoebes character is that the timeline is so screwed up, like she says to her biological mum that when she was 18 her mum had JUST killed herself, however in another episode she says she was 14, she says she never went to highschool yet mentions something about going to it in another episode i think not sure about that one, maybe were supposed to believe that she only lived on the streets for a little while between the period from 18 until her grandmother found her ...

stellarchick86

[1120]Oct 19, 2011
    LeytonTLA wrote:
    the problem with phoebes character is that the timeline is so screwed up, like she says to her biological mum that when she was 18 her mum had JUST killed herself, however in another episode she says she was 14, she says she never went to highschool yet mentions something about going to it in another episode i think not sure about that one, maybe were supposed to believe that she only lived on the streets for a little while between the period from 18 until her grandmother found her ...

Very good points. It is very messed up. But then again this is the same show that had Rachel/Chandler "meet" in the Pilot and then later on reveal that they go way back so I guess I shouldnt be surprised lol Thanks!!