Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The Friends Help Desk - Question & Answer Thread

funkyfresh5

[141]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 33

grace87 wrote:
    2nd: the actress who plays the girl frmo the xerox place (chloe) is the same who plays wndy, chandler's collegue?

No the actress who plays Chloe in season 3 in Angela Featherstone, the actress who plays Wendy in season 9 (TWO Christmas in Tulsa)is Selma Blair

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

trupiper101

[142]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 10

I have a question about the book that was published the one with all ten years. see i recently purchased a copy off of eBay but i have a different cover then the one listed and i was just wondering if they are the same book.

This is the listed picture:

And this is the one i got:

I was just wondering if they are the same book or not. Thanks for any help anyone might be able to give!!!

Lynnie_Lyn

[143]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 12
    I have the same book you have (second picture) and it's wonderful, I love it. It's one of my coffee table books. They look like the same book. The first one says "Authorized collectors edition" and the one we have is "Special collectors edition". The picture on the first is two pages inside the second where it also says "The One with All Ten Years". They appear to be the same, and if you ask me, "Special"sounds more special then "Authorised", so the one we have may be the later copy, with a few more extras than the original. Hopefully someone else here has the actual book with the first cover and can confirm that though.

trupiper101

[144]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 10
    hey does anyone know how the gang met phoebe? i know that ross, rachel, monica, and chandler knew each other from like the 80's and that Chandler met Joey when he became his roommate but i have yet to come across how phoebe met everybody. i know she lived w/ monica before rachel but other then that i don't know!

cutieflutie1216

[145]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 50
    trupiper101 wrote:
    hey does anyone know how the gang met phoebe? i know that ross, rachel, monica, and chandler knew each other from like the 80's and that Chandler met Joey when he became his roommate but i have yet to come across how phoebe met everybody. i know she lived w/ monica before rachel but other then that i don't know!

They never really say. Phoebe had been living on the street since she was 14 and her mother died. Somewhere along the way, years later, Phoebe moved in with Monica. Throughout the series, it is never mentioned how Phoebe and Monica met, or why Phoebe moved in.

Boozy2shoe

[146]Jul 31, 2007
    • level: 21

There is something that has bothered me for a while, but I just thought about it while I was watching S7 last night. Do they ever mention where Monica and Rachel went to college? Or where Ross and Chandler went to college? I know Ross says he came to "The City" for College, but the other ones never mention it. Did they ALL go to the same college? Also, I'm a little dense about Sororities, but when Rachel and Monica visit Ross at NYU, she sees some sorority girls and says she was one of them, does that mean she went there? Or is there the same sororities at different colleges.

Sorry for the loaded question. If no one can answer it, It's no biggie.

cutieflutie1216

[147]Jul 31, 2007
    Boozy2shoe wrote:

There is something that has bothered me for a while, but I just thought about it while I was watching S7 last night. Do they ever mention where Monica and Rachel went to college? Or where Ross and Chandler went to college? I know Ross says he came to "The City" for College, but the other ones never mention it. Did they ALL go to the same college? Also, I'm a little dense about Sororities, but when Rachel and Monica visit Ross at NYU, she sees some sorority girls and says she was one of them, does that mean she went there? Or is there the same sororities at different colleges.

I'm fairly certain that it was never mentioned where Ross and Chandler went to college. It was also never mentioned if Monica and Rachel went to the same college as each other or with the guys.

grace87

[148]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 34

someone please can tell me what emily meant with the expression "up yours too" ?

is that a kind of bad word or something?

cutieflutie1216

[149]Aug 1, 2007
    grace87 wrote:

someone please can tell me what emily meant with the expression "up yours too" ?

is that a kind of bad word or something?

"Up yours" means screw you. Yes, it is bad.

JaxBln

[150]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 3

Does anyone know where I can get Season 9 & 10 with Spanish audio?

Must ship to Germany.

Thanks a lot

funkyfresh5

[151]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 33
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:

I'm fairly certain that it was never mentioned where Ross and Chandler went to college. It was also never mentioned if Monica and Rachel went to the same college as each other or with the guys.

This is just a guess but I doubt that Monica and Rachel went to the same college since they only became 'friends' again when they were about 25 (in the pilot obviously!!) They could've grown apart later but losing contact after going to different colleges makes sense.

super_friend21

[152]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 27
    In TOW The Videotape, When Ross says: I'm really uncomfortable about something and then Joey says: How about you showering with your mom? Does this mean Ross has showered with his mom or that that statement would make him uncomfortable? Either way its still pretty funny
    Edited on 08/01/2007 3:31pm

JaxBln

[153]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    As I understood it Joey just suggested Ross showering with his mom as a topic that would be uncomfortable for Ross, I do not think that he actually did shower with his mom.

yuumm_monkeys

[154]Aug 1, 2007
    funkyfresh5 wrote:
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:

This is just a guess but I doubt that Monica and Rachel went to the same college since they only became 'friends' again when they were about 25 (in the pilot obviously!!) They could've grown apart later but losing contact after going to different colleges makes sense.
    Yes but in TOW all the Thanksgivings, Monica and rachel were still friends during their freshmen year in college. this was in the flashback that chandler lost his toe. Judy asked rachel why she changed her major. rachel replies there was no parking by the psycology building.

tafj73

[155]Aug 1, 2007
    • level: 30
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    Yes but in TOW all the Thanksgivings, Monica and rachel were still friends during their freshmen year in college. this was in the flashback that chandler lost his toe. Judy asked rachel why she changed her major. rachel replies there was no parking by the psycology building.

They should make a Friends movie and tie up all the loose ends in it! j/k

shelley06

[156]Aug 1, 2007
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    funkyfresh5 wrote:
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:

Just because they were still friends doesn't necessarily mean they went to different colleges though. It was never specifically mentioned...

yuumm_monkeys

[157]Aug 1, 2007
    shelley06 wrote:
    yuumm_monkeys wrote:
    funkyfresh5 wrote:
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Boozy2shoe wrote:

Just because they were still friends doesn't necessarily mean they went to different colleges though. It was never specifically mentioned...
    I guess I didn't word that right, That was evidence that Rachel and Monica went to the same college

shelley06

[158]Aug 2, 2007

Yes, it could have been evidence...but not necessarily....Judy could have been told by Monica that Rachel changed her major at whatever college she attended. What was never discussed was where Monica went to college, if she even went to college...

But that's off-topic, the bottom line is that no one knows for sure the "college history" of Friends, besides that Ross and Chandler were roomates. ...And we know Rachel at least started college somewhere, she didn't necessarily graduate.

menashb33

[159]Aug 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Need help finding episode title/number

Hi everybody,

It's the episode that's Rachel is going out alone..

Going to seat eating alone, cuz noone has time to go out with her

and then this guy starting with her at the Perk and she tells him no, and then he sees her eating alone.

10q

Please. :>

cutieflutie1216

[160]Aug 5, 2007
    "The One Where Chandler Crosses the Line" episode 4-7. However, Rachel's entire subplot can only be seen on the DVD. It is cut when the episode runs in syndication.