NBC (ended 2004)

The One With Phoebe's Birthday Dinner

NJZ

[21]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 29
    yousifaltaha wrote:

Well they had good excuses.

Chandler and Monica were.....making a baby

Ross and Rachel locked themselves out of the apartment with Emma inside so I don't find that rude at all.

What annoyed me so much that Phoebe ditched her best friends to be with her boyfriend

R&R being locked out is understandable, but I don't think Chan & Mon's excuse was a good one. I don't think it was a good idea to want to conceive a baby mid-fight anyway, but why not wait a little while until the birthday dinner was over? And I didn't find what Phoebe did annoying at all. She had a right to do that since only one of her 4 best friends bothered to turn up on time.
    Edited on 09/14/2008 10:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

greenparadox

[22]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 5
    I agree. Ross and Rachel did have a somewhat good excuse although Rachel being too occupied with Emma on the next table was a little rude. I mean Emma's already with a baby sitter and she was already with them so why did she need to constantly watch her every move. It was even ruder when she didn't even finish her toast for Phoebe. Chandler and Monica's is not eve an excuse. I think Monica over reacted way too much about the smoking thing. Chandler's lighting up infornt of her is kinda understandable, he did admit that he smoked and apologized for it so smoking infront of her just shows that he's not always a pushover.

NJZ

[23]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 29
    greenparadox wrote:
    I agree. Ross and Rachel did have a somewhat good excuse although Rachel being too occupied with Emma on the next table was a little rude. I mean Emma's already with a baby sitter and she was already with them so why did she need to constantly watch her every move. It was even ruder when she didn't even finish her toast for Phoebe.

Agreed. I understand it being hard for Rachel since it was her first time away from her child but Emma was like 2 metres away, it was unnecessary for her to keep checking on her. Though - to be honest - Ross' mother was a bit out of it.