Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

"The One With The Rumour"

VanDeKamp

[21]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 2
    I love this episode! It's so funny!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TC_88

[22]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 7
    rkg9404 wrote:
    well... i deff wouldn give it a 9.3
    i personally HATE brade pittt becuase i'm in love with jen aniston
    and like... who would go out with angelina over jen?
    well alot of poeple but i personally am not one of them.
    so i mean some of that episode was funny...
    mostly joey trying to eat that turkey
    and pheoebes "take off your shirt and tell uss!!!"
    brad acted horribly--> note "yeah, i'm gonna be in one of those subway sandwich commercials"
    i mean, i act better than that
    but whatever... i mean i love firends but i never have an EEEK i have to watch tow the rumor moments
    everrr
    Fling? Anglina. Actual relationship where i can just stare her in the eye all day long? Jeniffer Aniston.

Angelina is hot without a doubt. probably even hotter than Jen. but Jen's got class and the fans lol

Anyway, i'm definately not a fan of any of Brad's work. The said episode inclusive. But i wont deny that this episode doesnt support my theory about all thanksgiving episodes are always outstanding. The lines were funny. And the husband and wife dynamic btw the actors wasnt present which i think is great considering you always see something when Courtney acts with David (Arquette).

Anyway, tool_time, i wld have to say you're one of the very few exception. Yes some ppl like it because of Brad. But the script, the lines, the rest of the actors are some of the reason the episode ranks that well.

FriendsSvuLost8

[23]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 25
    Well, the episode was okay but it's not my favourite.

jkalen81

[24]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 20
    I'm not a Brad fan, but they kept their usual Friends-style in this episode and adding him worked. I wouldn't rate it 9,3 but I can see why others would. I wonder how much fun it would be if you were to watch it and didn't know who he was in real life though. Hm.

SHUCKLEMAN

[25]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 11
    This episode is pretty overrated and it pales in comparison to the other Season 8 episodes. Its not terrible, but not great either.

Sarcastic-Bones

[26]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 6

I personally really like this episode.

Yes, i am a Brad Pitt fan but it was the script that made it funny. When i first watched the episode i wasn't really much of a BP fan, that was only really after i watched Mr and Mrs Smith because i like that movie. But i still found it funny.

I love the bit where Chandlers pretending to watch the TV and he's like "I'm watching the TV but i'm not deaf." =] and Phoebe's reaction to him when she turns around. I really do think it's funny.

I think it's really a mixed judgement. And what type of humour you like.

loveindubitably

[27]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 9
    Seems to me people either really love or really hate this episode. I personally love it (and not because Brad Pitt is hot or whatever)--I thought it was quite funny and I disagree with people who say that he was a bad comedic actor because I think he absolutely nailed his role. I love all the Friends thanksgiving episodes.

free_the_WM3

[28]Aug 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    i really like this episode too. Im not a huge brad pitt fan, but i thought he was quite good in this episode. I always find it funny, and look forward to watching it. But hey, everyone has their own opinion.

Sarah_Is_Lost

[29]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    tooltime wrote:

This episode has a score of 9.3 out of 10. Yes it's got Brad Pitt (I don't care because I'm a guy) but this episode is really poor IMO. It's actually one of the worst episodes of Friends, and it's a major disappointment because Season 8 was really quite good before this episode.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this episode? All the reviews for this episode have scores of 8.9 or higher and to me that is ridiculous.

The One With The Rumour is so funny, how can you not like it? It's really funny and that's what the show is about. I loved it and it's one of my favourite episodes of Friends.

Edited on 08/08/2008 4:23am

Miks-

[30]Aug 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    I think that episode is fun! : D

stellarchick86

[31]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 32
    Its one of those episodes where its fun to watch one time, it had a funny element to it, and it was interesting to see BP and JA working together since they were married at the time, but if Im watching s8 I usually skip it. I just think the whole thing is stupid/ridiculous and there were too many things that were unbelievable about it that I wont even get into.

banannie

[32]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 22

It's actually one of my favourite episodes, and not just because Brad Pitt is in it! I think the writers did a great job. Tha gang and Will Colbert crack me up every time I watch it. And I really think Brad Pitt guest starring is only the icing on the cake.

Elwingda

[33]Aug 9, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think this episode was average: not very funny but not too boring either. I didn't like Brad Pitt's character (I have nothing against Brad Pitt himself) but I think the storyline was well done.

Sarah_Is_Lost

[34]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 21
    banannie wrote:

It's actually one of my favourite episodes, and not just because Brad Pitt is in it! I think the writers did a great job. Tha gang and Will Colbert crack me up every time I watch it. And I really think Brad Pitt guest starring is only the icing on the cake.

I sooo agree, this episde is just so funny, all the friends and then like you said Brad is the icing on the cake.

efc91

[35]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 39
    I the Yams bit was the funniest in this episode Brad Pitt was great. this is one of my favourites.

ihoppers_cheska

[36]Aug 15, 2008
    • level: 5
    i can't remember if it was that funny.. but i do know there were funnier episodes than this... eh, i have to watch it again.

and on that 50 year old librarian.. did ross sleep with her? this kind of confused me as i thought the first girl he ever slept with was carol. .... oh man it would be GROSS if he did sleep with the librarian.

brunettechica

[37]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 3

:
    I the Yams bit was the funniest in this episode Brad Pitt was great. this is one of my favourites.

I LOVE this episode, and I agree that the funniest part is when Will yells at Mon to give him the yams and then just starts piling them on his plate...if you watch Chandler while he hands the yams over he has a great physical reaction.

I agree that his acting was a little stiff in this episode, but I'd just chalk it up to not being too used to working with a live audience. I myself don't understand how they keep from laughing, I have the hardest time controlling that. I'd be fired in a day if I were to work on that show...

Bliss_West88

[38]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 19
    I actually love this episode!!! Apart from TOW Rachel has her baby i actually thing this is my next favourite.

It has nothing to do with Brad Pitt, because i am not a fan of his anyway but the episode is so funny, it has some of the best dialogue we have seen in other episodes and i don't really think you could call this episode weak!!

I actually don't know a thankgiving episode that isn't that good LOL!

pinkroses87

[39]Sep 10, 2008
    • level: 3
    i was actually kinda having mixed feelings watching the show .. because i think ross and rachel are such a great couple .. then jen's real hubby brad came in as will.. i mixed both reality and tv together and i find will irritrating .. when he pick on rachel ..