Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The unanswered questions of Friends....?

MisterMatthews

[21]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 5
    Xaemen wrote:

i tink the biggest unanswered questions of friends are phoebe's mysterious past.

we heard so many interesting things abt her past and yet we never really found out about it.

she stab a cop, she cant travel overseas because of someting something ....

i would love to find out!

I think it was funny *because* we never find out.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bike-chan

[22]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 7

cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Actually, the original plot for the season 7 finale was Monica getting pregnant. The writers decided this was too conventional and changed it to Rachel.

It's great they decided to change it - it would be a little trashy: they get married (after years of great relationship) and than have a kid - it would be too much. The adoption was a better plot in my opinion. And Rachel pregnant was a good one too

cutieflutie1216

[23]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 50
    bike-chan wrote:

cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Actually, the original plot for the season 7 finale was Monica getting pregnant. The writers decided this was too conventional and changed it to Rachel.

It's great they decided to change it - it would be a little trashy: they get married (after years of great relationship) and than have a kid - it would be too much.

I'm not sure I follow, Having two people who are completely in love have a baby would have been trashy? As opposed to a baby from an irresponsible one-night stand? Also, they both really wanted to have a child of their own. How would having Monica get pregnant be too much? I totally don't follow this...

bike-chan

[24]Dec 2, 2007
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    bike-chan wrote:

cutieflutie1216 wrote:

It's great they decided to change it - it would be a little trashy: they get married (after years of great relationship) and than have a kid - it would be too much.

I'm not sure I follow, Having two people who are completely in love have a baby would have been trashy? As opposed to a baby from an irresponsible one-night stand? Also, they both really wanted to have a child of their own. How would having Monica get pregnant be too much? I totally don't follow this...

No, no no, it's not what I meant - i would be great for them to have a baby but not like this (Chandler finds out that Monica is pregnant during their wedding - or any soon after...). One of the things about their relationship I liked the most was that everything were happening slowly - is was developing but with sense. And that they were so responsible - so I think unplanned child would be wrong for them. Plus the whole fact that they can't have a baby (and before that - when they decided to have one) was very emotional and it's one of my favourite Monica/Chandler moments (especially after they got married).

Rachel/Ross baby is a completely different subject - but choosing between what happened and what would've happened if Monica got pregnant I'm choosing the first one - however it would be nice to see their child (their own or adopted) for a longer time. But it's only my opinion.

cutieflutie1216

[25]Dec 2, 2007
    • level: 50
    bike-chan wrote:
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    bike-chan wrote:

cutieflutie1216 wrote:

No, no no, it's not what I meant - i would be great for them to have a baby but not like this (Chandler finds out that Monica is pregnant during their wedding - or any soon after...). One of the things about their relationship I liked the most was that everything were happening slowly - is was developing but with sense. And that they were so responsible - so I think unplanned child would be wrong for them. Plus the whole fact that they can't have a baby (and before that - when they decided to have one) was very emotional and it's one of my favourite Monica/Chandler moments (especially after they got married).

Rachel/Ross baby is a completely different subject - but choosing between what happened and what would've happened if Monica got pregnant I'm choosing the first one - however it would be nice to see their child (their own or adopted) for a longer time. But it's only my opinion.

Now that I agree with.

bexy922

[26]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 2
    nel50 wrote:
    anyabr wrote:

Really?? I never knew that!

I think it's great that they changed it, tough. Rachel being pregnant made the eighth season one of the best (if not the best) and even tough it was too sad that Monica couldn't have a baby, the whole adoption storyline sent a great message, and in the end it was just as beautiful as if Mon had given birth to the twins herself.

Rachel being pregnant was pretty amazing! I loved the episodes when she kept who the father was, a secret.

hey im new here and i have a question i need 2 ask anwone wana help me? x

LB80

[27]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 65

treehill4ev06 wrote:
    A lot of Phoebe's boyfriends juat kinda disappear, like there are some where you dont hear about them breaking up and then they are just kinda gone.

I can only think of 2, off the top of my head (Chris Isaak's character, and the guy who couldn't speak english). Anybody know of any others. Just out of curiousity .

stellarchick86

[28]Jan 26, 2008
    • level: 32
    OK, Ill give you Chris Issacks character, but like the guy who couldnt speak english the reason she broke up with him was because he couldnt speak english..what kind of relationship could they have had? She probably turned to him and said goodnight and walked out the restaurant. There was Rog, who was the therapist right? He was creepy so Phoebe broke up with him, David was self-explanatory, Mike shes still with...who am I missing thats that weird? Monica went out with just as many guys we never hear about either..and what about Joey? I dont get why you guys care, and like the states thing its funnier that way, would you wanted Chandler to look through the list and say youre probably missing Texas? No that wouldnt have been a funny note to end on. I dont get why you guys would think its better that way.

LB80

[29]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 65
    How do you play "Fireball"?

kodabear911

[30]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 10

jra3209 wrote:
    Yeah season 8 was one of the best seasons! Rachel's pregnancy was great.

i personally thot that 2-4 were the best seasons, but they are all pretty great. season 8 was next after those three, i think. 10, tho short, was pretty great, too. you could see that the writers were just trying to get out all of they're jokes before the show ends!!!

talkingpie92

[31]Mar 28, 2008
    I think the ultimate unanswered question was what happened after the one where Phoebe meets her real Dad. After that episode I don't think he is ever mentioned again - I wonder what made the writers think that was a dud plot line...

talkingpie92

[32]Mar 28, 2008

LB80 wrote:
    How do you play "Fireball"?

Why play fireball when you could play ultimate fireball?! - all you need is a bowling ball and some lighter fluid!

mileycyrusxx

[33]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 23
    kiefersgirl1971 wrote:
    Hi I personally love the state game (it's an excellent game to play with a group of very drunk friends) and the most we've ever been able to manage is 42 lol

well i wouldn't get even 15 even when im not drunk haha because i don't live there so its resonably.. im not dumb hahaha

FriendsSvuLost8

[34]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 25
    What did Chandler have that there still was medicin left from.. though I'm not sure I wanna know that .

Willick-Bunch

[35]Mar 30, 2008
    Tell me why the beautiful woman in Spain was crying. I could really use this :-)

mileycyrusxx

[36]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 23
    FriendsSvuLost8 wrote:
    What did Chandler have that there still was medicin left from.. though I'm not sure I wanna know that .

I don't know but I'm guessing it's like something privately maybe.

SMGslayer97

[37]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 34
    Okay I have one. What ever happened with Phoebe's dad? She finally meets him in season 5 but then it's like we never really hear about him again let alone see him.

And then what about her birth mom as well? After season 5 we really didn't see or hear about her either. What the heck happened to them?

stellarchick86

[38]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 32
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Okay I have one. What ever happened with Phoebe's dad? She finally meets him in season 5 but then it's like we never really hear about him again let alone see him.

And then what about her birth mom as well? After season 5 we really didn't see or hear about her either. What the heck happened to them?

Those are both good points. My guess is, with her dad it was pretty uncomfortable and I think she was still mad at him for everything, so after that day at Central Park she didnt want to talk to him again. I think she just kind of wanted to check him out, see what he was like, but didnt really want a relationship with him. Her birth mother though, is a really good question, because she ended up becoming quite close with her..and mothering her in a way (with the whole Pugs thing) so..IDK about that.

greenparadox

[39]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 5
    The Europe story!!! I never knew what happened. it ended with Ross asking "why?". Also, Phoebe's life in Prague still draws a big question mark

rebachick94

[40]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 16
    The thing that always bothered me was "The One with the Videotape." You never figure out the end of The time I went backpacking in Europe story.