Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The unanswered questions of Friends....?

showpolish

[41]Sep 28, 2008
    • level: 12
    The question that always bothers me is in TOW Rachel smokes... if Ben and that creepy guy didnt get the commericial, and Joey and the child actor didnt get the commericial... than who got the commercial??
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

colebob

[42]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 1
    Here's one: Did Pete ever become the Ultimate Fighting Champion?

SVU_Babe21

[43]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 1

A few big questions for me was...

What happened to Carol, Susan and Ben...

What were all the names for Monica's towels. (11 types)

Whatever happened to Ross's Karate. (Ca-rat-e LOL)

What did the Birds flapping thing mean that Ross did when Monica was sick...Can't remember the episode name.

I think thats all the ones i can name right now. I just got done watching the Finale again and decided to come on here and chat. LOL

Elwingda

[44]Oct 1, 2008
    • level: 10
    LB80 wrote:
    How do you play "Fireball"?

Yeah, I'd have loved to hear the complete rules but even more than that, I'd have liked to know the complete rules of 'Bamboozled' If those had been revealed, you'd always know a true 'Friends' fan (the one who knows the rules of 'Bamboozled').
    Also the Europe story keeps bugging me but it was really better that they didn't reveal the end of that. The fact that I didn't know kept my interest.

rebachick94

[45]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 16
    There's sometimes in comedy when they start something and don't end it on purpose. It's called incompletion. That's probably what "The Time I Went Backpacking in Europe" is. The audience could come up with a better ending than the writers so they let them do it.

lilbitdangerous

[46]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 2

I have some questions in season 5 TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey:

*Chandler and Monica have a fight because Chandler gets freaked out when the gang teases them about marriage. At the end of this episode he asks Monica to marry him because he thinks that is the only way to get past their fight. He has a engagement ring. Where did he get the ring? I mean we never see him buy it, did he just have one layng around, or did he go and buy it that day?

*Since it was revealed in this episode that Chandler all ready had an engagement ring, why did he go ring shopping with Phoebe? What happened to the first ring he had when he proposed in this episode?

I know that I have posted this in another thread (Things that concern/bother you) but I am still interested in hearing what other posters think about the questions and any possible answers.

TV-Tome-Vits

[47]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 56
    I would like to know if Phoebe is really a lesbian.

lilbitdangerous

[48]Oct 5, 2008

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:

Why do you ask that? Aside from TWO Monica's Cousin where she appeared to be turned on by the flipping of the hair I don't think there is any other situation where she was attracted to a girl. Yeah she kissed Rachel in that one episode but she said she just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I'm wrong or just don't remember. She all ways had boyfriends and was married once before to a gay ice dancer who turned out not to be gay Plus she married Mike. I'm just curious why you asked because now I'm wondering if there is something I missed.

HarmlessAngel

[50]Oct 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    MuteTroubadouR wrote:
    no no the real unanswered question - What is Phoebe's middle name?! I'm guessing it's starts with a 'C' cause when she changed her name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock you get the initals P -Phoebe C -? B -Buffay H -Hannigan.

Plus we know all the other characters middle names..except for Monica's which we only know part of;

Ross Eustace Gellar
    Chandler Muriel Bing
    Joseph Francis Tribbiani
    Rachel Karen Green
    Monica E. Gellar

where was it sed that Ross's is Eustace? i saw it on wikiepdia once, but i dont actually rememmber it being said

and about the chandler ring thing, i dont think it would be very romantic to pop the question with the same ring u used some years erlier to resolve a fight! so its good he done the whole ring thing properly

TV-Tome-Vits

[51]Oct 16, 2008
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:

Why do you ask that? Aside from TWO Monica's Cousin where she appeared to be turned on by the flipping of the hair I don't think there is any other situation where she was attracted to a girl. Yeah she kissed Rachel in that one episode but she said she just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I'm wrong or just don't remember. She all ways had boyfriends and was married once before to a gay ice dancer who turned out not to be gay Plus she married Mike. I'm just curious why you asked because now I'm wondering if there is something I missed.

You're right.Sorry.I meant to ask if she's bisexual.Also,you forgot her birthday episode in season 9,where she says to CHANDLER'bout MONICA "Are you kiddin'?That woman has the nose of a hound!And the breasts of a greek godess".After that,she stays frozen clearly thinkin'on MONICA's boobs.

greenparadox

[53]Oct 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

I have some questions in season 5 TOW The Girl Who Hits Joey:

*Chandler and Monica have a fight because Chandler gets freaked out when the gang teases them about marriage. At the end of this episode he asks Monica to marry him because he thinks that is the only way to get past their fight. He has a engagement ring. Where did he get the ring? I mean we never see him buy it, did he just have one layng around, or did he go and buy it that day?

*Since it was revealed in this episode that Chandler all ready had an engagement ring, why did he go ring shopping with Phoebe? What happened to the first ring he had when he proposed in this episode?

I know that I have posted this in another thread (Things that concern/bother you) but I am still interested in hearing what other posters think about the questions and any possible answers.

Q1: He probably bought the ring that day but it was just off camera (like Ross and Rachel's first date-- it just showed them coming home from the movies and Rachel saying that she didn't want to wear her glasses on their first date, so that's that). I don't think they have to show everything that happens on camera especially if it was already implied.

Q2: He probably returned the ring considering they didn't get engaged and he didn't mean that proposal. Remember he said "I'd be happy because I'll be marrying the hottest woman (or something like that) or you'll see a Chandler shaped hole on the door." The writers said in one commentary that Chandler and Monica was supposed to break up or just be friends with benefits but the audience responded so well that they decided they'll keep them together. At that time, they probably didn't think of writing about Chandler and Monica's engagement until later.

lilbitdangerous

[54]Oct 24, 2008

I see what your saying, I guess it just bothers me because it seems pointless to the show. I understand that he proposed after the fight, since it sort of started over the gang teasing them, but I just thought the whole fake proposal was stupid. Plus for me I think it messes up the continuity in the show.

lilbitdangerous

[55]Oct 24, 2008
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:

You're right.Sorry.I meant to ask if she's bisexual.Also,you forgot her birthday episode in season 9,where she says to CHANDLER'bout MONICA "Are you kiddin'?That woman has the nose of a hound!And the breasts of a greek godess".After that,she stays frozen clearly thinkin'on MONICA's boobs.

Your right I did forget about that episode in Season 9. I'm not sure maybe it was just Phoebe being quirky?

TV-Tome-Vits

[56]May 9, 2009
    lilbitdangerous wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:

Your right I did forget about that episode in Season 9. I'm not sure maybe it was just Phoebe being quirky?

I don't know what "Quirky" means,but I'm pretty sure that's lesbianism...or at least bisexualism.

tafj73

[57]May 11, 2009
    • level: 30

This is what I want to know:

1. How did Phoebe and Monica first meet and then later become Friends?

2. What happened to Monica and Rachel between college and Rachel getting engaged to Barry?

3. How did Chandler meet Janice?

stellarchick86

[58]May 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    I think it wouldve been interesting if Phoebe explored some sort of bisexualism. I always wondered about that with her too so its not too off course. Maybe they thought it was too controversial for the time, I dont know.

Anyway, maybe this is just more of a thing that concerns me, but why in the world was Rachel in Monicas bathroom to take a pregnancy test?! The whole thing is incredibly contrived and has bothered me since the first time I saw it. Even if lets say she was worried about Joey finding it so she didnt want to stuff it in the big trashcan in the kitchen because he was home or something, couldnt she have just stuffed it way down deep with some napkins, like a tampon? Joey probably wouldnt even know what it was anyway- Chandler even said once he couldnt figure out half of a $80 phone bill lol. And theres no way all of season 7 happened in one month since she wasnt living there any more. And thers no way it had been in that trash can that whole time because Monica is a clean freak. So theres no possible explination except contrivance.

It wouldve been nice if they had it to where Monica AND Rachel were candidates for being pregnant and we werent supposed to be sure who it is, sort of like the s3 finale of One Tree Hill. Those finales always intrigue me more than these ones where its just 1 person. Like lets say in the opening scene in the episode before the wedding we see Monica standing there with a pregnancy box, looking at the actual stick with one hand and the box in another. Chandler comes walking in and she throws the box in the frige really quickly and with her back turned to him, shoves the stick in her pocket. She says she needs to talk to Rachel for a second and then goes across the hall to take the test because she doesnt want to do it there and freak Chandler out yet shes dying to know. He goes and sits down on the couch so she thinks he wont see it until she gets back and can dispose of it, but instead while shes gone he goes in to get a drink. So he assumes the worst, that she is in fact pregnant, which can lead to him walking out and all that stuff just as easily as it slipping out from one of the girls. So when Chandler gets all flustered about how serious everything is getting with a baby and all during the rehearsal diner, it wouldnt just be because of their answering machine calling themsleves 'The Bings'. So then, Monica goes into the bathroom and takes her test and then the ending credits roll or something. The next episode, the actual wedding, we can see a scene of Rachel/Phoebe talking and reminiscing about good times while Rachels in her room getting ready and Phoebes in the kitchen getting a drink or something. Rachel asks if Phoebe could get her some kleenex since shes closer to the bathroom than Rachel is, where she discovers no toilet paper (which would make more sense with Joey there and not Monica) but some used kleenex, where Monicas test would be. Phoebe assumes its Rachels, afterall it is her apartment, but she feels Rachel will tell her in due time when shes ready so she doesnt say anything. During the wedding, this could result in some laughs because even though Rachel did take a pregnancy test offscreen that ended up in that trashcan, shed never suspect in a million years Phoebe to find it, so when Phoebes saying things like "slow down", "get some rest", etc she thinks Phoebes going crazy and its starting to bug her because Phoebe WANTS Rachel to come out with it already but she doesnt want to intrude on her privacy (or she just thinks Rachel wont think anything of it- it is Phoebe afterall). So then finally Rachel gives in and asks whats up, Phoebe gives in and says "I know about the pregnancy test", Rachel is shocked for a second and then says "oh jeez..you promise you wont tell until this whole thing is over?" and Phoebe agrees and then Joey comes in and cuts them off so there cant be any gushing of details. So now Phoebe knows, and Rachel knows she knows, but we as the audience just assume Rachel knew about Monica somehow offscreen and thats what she wasnt telling us about. So then everything happened as before- Chandler assumes its Monica, he says so, she denies it just to get him off her back and make sure he doesnt run off again, and then once Phoebe realizes maybe it was Rachel all along, then Rachel shakes her head like she doesnt want anyone to know. So now we the audience have no idea whats going on and whether Monica was telling the truth to Chandler and if not why she was seen taking a pregnancy test or whether Rachel is really even a culprint, even though it was her apartment and shes doing things like not taking sips of her champagne. So then once Monica finds out, along with Phoebe, that Rachel is really pregnant the same thing happens as before. So basically- the cats out of the bag, Rachels pregnant, yada yada. To explain why Monica was even a culprint all along, there will be a flashback to where she explains to Chandler (since he will ask) (and to everyone else) that she was sitting there on the couch waiting for the results to show up, that was sitting in the bathroom sink, and when Chandler had come in to ask her to come back to the apartment, she said yeah one second and he walked back there. She saw the results, had some sort of reaction (whether itd be negative because she wanted a baby or positive because she didnt want a baby at that moment or out of wedlock) and throws it in Joeys main trashcan in the kitchen and throws some pizza boxes on top (since it is Monica afterall and wants to make Joeys place tidy). That way, she figured Chandler would never have to know she even had a pregnnacy test (though he really knew all this time anyway) and she thought no one else would see it.

Hopefully this all made sense, if anyone even read it, I did kinda write a novel, lol. But I just thought this would be more interesting, suspensful and just..I dont know maybe even funnier. I know it SOUNDS contrived but honestly this would make more sense to me than the storyline they DID have! I know like cutieflutie said it was because they werent sure if it was going to be Monica or Rachels BUT if they decided to not go through with Monicas then it still wouldve worked because the flashback where it shows her throwing it away somewhere else would be the next season so they wouldve known by then who and if they decided to go with Monica then we could just all assume it was Monicas this whole time. So its a win/win. The only thing is how Ross would tie in with all this since he cant know before Rachel tells him that shes pregnant. So I guess maybe Ross can just be so freaked out about being a candidate hes in denial and assumes its someone else (like Tag) or if Rachel just announces it was with a one-night-stand or something and she deicdes to go with the single mom thing and he believes her (he loves her- he'll believe her). The audience would just assume thats whats up because why would anyone assume its Ross when it could be anybody, and tehnically Ross was a one-night-stand so Rachel wouldnt be lying and itd make it more interesting lol

Edited on 05/12/2009 2:59am
    Edited 3 total times.

thebiggame23

[59]May 25, 2009
    • level: 11
    bike-chan wrote:
    cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    bike-chan wrote:

cutieflutie1216 wrote:
    Actually, the original plot for the season 7 finale was Monica getting pregnant. The writers decided this was too conventional and changed it to Rachel.

It's great they decided to change it - it would be a little trashy: they get married (after years of great relationship) and than have a kid - it would be too much.

I'm not sure I follow, Having two people who are completely in love have a baby would have been trashy? As opposed to a baby from an irresponsible one-night stand? Also, they both really wanted to have a child of their own. How would having Monica get pregnant be too much? I totally don't follow this...

No, no no, it's not what I meant - i would be great for them to have a baby but not like this (Chandler finds out that Monica is pregnant during their wedding - or any soon after...). One of the things about their relationship I liked the most was that everything were happening slowly - is was developing but with sense. And that they were so responsible - so I think unplanned child would be wrong for them. Plus the whole fact that they can't have a baby (and before that - when they decided to have one) was very emotional and it's one of my favourite Monica/Chandler moments (especially after they got married).

Rachel/Ross baby is a completely different subject - but choosing between what happened and what would've happened if Monica got pregnant I'm choosing the first one - however it would be nice to see their child (their own or adopted) for a longer time. But it's only my opinion.

I would of loved to see Chandler as a father...

stellarchick86

[60]May 25, 2009
    • level: 32
    tafj73 wrote:
    1. How did Phoebe and Monica first meet and then later become Friends

I got the impression in "TOW W/ The Flashback" or "TO That Couldve Been" (cant remember which) that Monica also used like an ad agency for a roomate because Chandler was looking for one (before Joey and after Kip moved out) and I thought Monica said something like you should use an ad agency, like I did. Somehow, thats the impression I got, especially since Monica and Phoebe are so different as people that I cant see them thinking move in together was a good idea before they did it (like when Phoebe was saying she needs to live in a place where she can spill, etc). Like for me, I have a few friends that are good friends and I love them but I could never live with but if I were to do an ad for a roomate, I probably wouldnt know of these things right away. Anyway, thats all I can say on that, lol.