Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The unanswered questions of Friends....?

stellarchick86

[61]May 26, 2009
    • level: 32
    I have one- what was "the thing"?! In "TOW All The Kissing", Rachel tells Ross she loves him and then Ross is like wow I dont know what to do with that.."well the thing is.." and she then butts in and says "the thing is, is that youre married, to Emily" and he pauses and goes "yes that is what the things is" like it isnt really it. So Ive always wondered what it actually was that kept them apart!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bronbrons27

[62]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 14
    LB80 wrote:

treehill4ev06 wrote:
    A lot of Phoebe's boyfriends juat kinda disappear, like there are some where you dont hear about them breaking up and then they are just kinda gone.

I can only think of 2, off the top of my head (Chris Isaak's character, and the guy who couldn't speak english). Anybody know of any others. Just out of curiousity .

There was also Phoebe's boyfriend Jake, that she has at the end of season 7, who just kinda disappearsin season 8.

And there is the guy named Cliff that Phoebe meets in the hospital when rachel is giving birth (the guy has s broken leg), and they agree to go out, but in season 9 we never see him.

lilbitdangerous

[63]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 2
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    I would like to know if Phoebe is really a lesbian.

Why do you ask that? Aside from TWO Monica's Cousin where she appeared to be turned on by the flipping of the hair I don't think there is any other situation where she was attracted to a girl. Yeah she kissed Rachel in that one episode but she said she just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I'm wrong or just don't remember. She all ways had boyfriends and was married once before to a gay ice dancer who turned out not to be gay Plus she married Mike. I'm just curious why you asked because now I'm wondering if there is something I missed.

You're right.Sorry.I meant to ask if she's bisexual.Also,you forgot her birthday episode in season 9,where she says to CHANDLER'bout MONICA "Are you kiddin'?That woman has the nose of a hound!And the breasts of a greek godess".After that,she stays frozen clearly thinkin'on MONICA's boobs.

Your right I did forget about that episode in Season 9. I'm not sure maybe it was just Phoebe being quirky?

I don't know what "Quirky" means,but I'm pretty sure that's lesbianism...or at least bisexualism.

No that is not what quirky means and it is not what I was implying at all

tafj73

[64]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 30
    lilbitdangerous wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:
    TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    lilbitdangerous wrote:

TV-Tome-Vits wrote:
    I would like to know if Phoebe is really a lesbian.

Why do you ask that? Aside from TWO Monica's Cousin where she appeared to be turned on by the flipping of the hair I don't think there is any other situation where she was attracted to a girl. Yeah she kissed Rachel in that one episode but she said she just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Maybe I'm wrong or just don't remember. She all ways had boyfriends and was married once before to a gay ice dancer who turned out not to be gay Plus she married Mike. I'm just curious why you asked because now I'm wondering if there is something I missed.

You're right.Sorry.I meant to ask if she's bisexual.Also,you forgot her birthday episode in season 9,where she says to CHANDLER'bout MONICA "Are you kiddin'?That woman has the nose of a hound!And the breasts of a greek godess".After that,she stays frozen clearly thinkin'on MONICA's boobs.

Your right I did forget about that episode in Season 9. I'm not sure maybe it was just Phoebe being quirky?

I don't know what "Quirky" means,but I'm pretty sure that's lesbianism...or at least bisexualism.

No that is not what quirky means and it is not what I was implying at all

I wonder if they meant queer instead of "quirky," which are also two different things.

hamcook

[65]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Anyway, maybe this is just more of a thing that concerns me, but why in the world was Rachel in Monicas bathroom to take a pregnancy test?!

I think it was because Rachel and Chandler swapped apartments for the night before the wedding. Because when they are looking for Chandler, Joey says I think he's in Rachel's room.

stellarchick86

[66]Jun 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    hamcook wrote:

I think it was because Rachel and Chandler swapped apartments for the night before the wedding. Because when they are looking for Chandler, Joey says I think he's in Rachel's room.

Oooooooh!!! I didnt even think of that! Like I knew Chandler was in Rachels room (or supposed to be) but I didnt even think about where Rachel was. But that totally makes sense now. Wow, good thinking! I always just thought it was majorally contrived so we'd think it was Monicas at first but then turn out to be Rachels, I was like yeah Im sure Rachel just thought "you know, I think Im just going to take this over at Monicas now" lol. Maybe they shouldve made that a little more clear then, like have Phoebe walk through the door and have Rachel come out in her PJs or something in the guestroom, talk to Phoebe, and then Monica can come out of her room being all "Im getting married today!!" and falling down/etc.

bronbrons27

[67]Jul 14, 2009
    • level: 14
    showpolish wrote:
    The question that always bothers me is in TOW Rachel smokes... if Ben and that creepy guy didnt get the commericial, and Joey and the child actor didnt get the commericial... than who got the commercial??

Yes I noticed that too! It really bothers me!
    Like who got the commercial then??!!