Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

The worst Friend

Adokensan

[1]Sep 4, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm sorry if there's already a topic for this, but here goes:

Who do you think is the worst friend? If you post a comment, please state the reasons of why you choose the character you chose. Laughing (I would create a poll, but I only managed to write 5 "answers" in it, and there's six friends...)

I think the worst Friend is Phoebe, and here's why:

One of the reasons is the episode where Phoebe sings terrible outside of Monica's restaurant. I understand that the Friends aren't allowed to criticize her singing, but when it comes to Monica losing money from her JOB, then she crosses a line. And then Phoebe startet to criticize Monica's cooking, doesn't she have boundaries?

And another "incident" is when Chandler was moving to Tulsa, she literally pushed him out the door.

And then we have have her weird hatred for Ross, I don't know what exact episode this is in, but I actually think she says that she doesn't like Ross several times. (I will not count in the episode where she is angry at Ross throughout a whole episode, because she was angry at him for something he did in a dream.)

These are all three reasons I can think of. I don't see each of these incidents as giant tragedies or something, it's more like a main image of how I see Phoebe as a Friend. Laughing (Sorry if my English is bad, I'm from Norway) I am also sorry if i sound dead serious or something, I just thought it would be funny to see different views on who is the worst Friend. Smile

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[2]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 32
    ^Hmm..interesting. Id actually have to say Rachel. If Monica has a serious problem then I can see Phoebe there for Monica (and she was there for Rachel during the Paolo era and she didnt even know her) but IDK if we've seen Rachel there any time for Monica during something serious. I love Rachel and all, but she can be very selfish and self-centered, so..

IreneZhong

[3]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 1

You are not a true Friends fan! Every single friend is equal and we cannot replace them! In F-R-I-E-N-D-S, the dots stand for each of the friends, there are 6 of them, andwithout one of them- the show would not be the same. To tell you- my favourite actress in Friends is Jennifer Aniston because she is so cute and funny! But I think every friend is a great actor/ actress. Friends forever!!!

AIM_11

[4]Oct 31, 2011
    • level: 2

I agree with you.

Out of the 6 Friends shes my least favorite. I have nothing against Jennifer Aniston I love her

stellarchick86

[5]Nov 5, 2011
    Actually, I know this is weird but, Ive been re-watching the show lately and Im currently on s6 and my answer has changed. Id actually have to say Chandler. There are a few times when Rachel is there for people, like she comforted Monica when she realized that Rachel was moving out and a few other times Im sure Im forgetting but in general Chandlers pretty selfish and childish. There was the time that he talked about Joey for the bracelet Joey gave him, the Kathy incident, then there was the whole memorial thing with Ross and what not though that wasnt purely Chandler, I know. Joey did some stupid stuff too, like the robbery, but the thing is that Joey is just dumb and sheltered but Chandler is just kind of..mean sometimes, for a lack of a better word. Anyway Im just saying that I love Chandler, hes my favorite, but hes not a very good friend.

daniel105

[6]Nov 6, 2011
    This is just my opinion but I think Chandler is the best friend out of them all. He's always caring for others. I started re-watching it again too, I've just literally finished watching the last episode, and I have to say phoebe's the worst, I agree with Adokensan. One of the biggest examples of Chandler being the best friend out of all of them. He looked after Joey as if he was his child. He paid for everything joey needed. Without chandler Joey would probably be living with his parents, cause I doubt anyone else would help him out as much as chandler. He's done the best and biggest good deed out of all of them.

stellarchick86

[7]Nov 6, 2011
    ^Chandlers paid for Joey, thats true, but I cant help but wonder if part of it was because Joey lives with Chandler, so essentially if Chandler didnt want to move out and find a new roomate then hed HAVE to pay for Joey. I personally dont consider that to be "the best deed of all". If Joey had to, he could live with his parents. He moved out in s2, so he obviously doesnt HAVE to live with Chander. Maybe its a girl/boy difference between us but I think kissing your best friends bf/gf that they are crazy about superceedes the money thing.

aliadenwala

[8]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 5

None of them! They're all amazing they do have their certain flaws though...

ChipsTheButler

[9]Nov 27, 2011
    • level: 9
    My friend John, he kept stealing my pens.

Romano338

[10]Nov 26, 2012
    • level: 8
    THe least great friend (works better that way!)... maybe Rachel.
    She is really really selfish and plays with Ross (think about it: she dumps him 3 times in 10 years and still wants to be with him... no wonder what happens in season 11: she dumps him)

cal_friends

[11]May 4, 2013

I'd have to say Monica and Chandler, BUT only after they got together. Both were there for their friends until they got married, and they did turn pretty selfish and only cared about themselves.

Examples of This:

Literally throwing Rachel out after they decided to live together.

Not wanting to be together with the other friends on Thanksgiving.

Sneaking off to have sex when Rachel had just given birth to Emma.

Sneaking off AGAIN to have sex while babysitting Emma.