Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Things That Concern/Bother You

Elwingda

[21]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 10

I think it was good that there wasn't too much building up to Phoebe's wedding. There has been so many weddings over the series and so many episodes related to that that I'm not sure whether it would've been very interesting anymore.

Anyway, also I find that Rachel/Chandler relationship annoying.

For some reason the fact that Joey clearly wears underwear in TOW Al Pacino's Butt (you can see it on the shadow) annoys me every time I watch that episode. I don't know why, I don't even normally get annoyed with small mistakes like that easily.

There has been also some other, mainly continuity stuff, which has bothered me but I only tend to remember them when watching.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Emina_I

[22]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 9
    It bothered me how Ross's birth date keeps changing, once it is in October then in December...

harryathouse

[23]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 18

The way that Phoebe's boyfriends just seemed to dissapear of the face off the earth!

E.G: At the end of season 7 she was going with a man named Jake for like 3 or 4 episodes and after Chandler and Monica's wedding, he wasn't there! And the one at the end of season 8 in the hospital with the broken leg.

harryathouse

[24]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 18
    Oh! And how they made Barry have two surnames: FINKLE and FARBER. Surely the writers should have known about this!

stellarchick86

[25]Jun 23, 2008
    • level: 32
    Wow you guys have mentioned some good ones. I always thought Friends was low on continuity errors compared to other shows, but looking through this and realizing these things I think they have more! haha

jraja02

[26]Jun 25, 2008
    • level: 6
    Chandler gaining weight in like mid season 7ish and his tan! It really annoyed me, 'cause I thought of Chandler being a hottie, but that tan and weight thingy bothered me. More of the tan. In TOW Ross's Tan. At the end when Chandler tells Ross that he got a tan too and just wanted to take Ross's picture. I was thinking when Ross said "You didn't get a tan" ..OMG yes he did!!! It was more of the tan that bothered me more than anything..Plus no one ever mentioned it...

stellarchick86

[27]Jun 25, 2008

jraja02 wrote:
    Chandler gaining weight in like mid season 7ish and his tan! It really annoyed me, 'cause I thought of Chandler being a hottie, but that tan and weight thingy bothered me...Plus no one ever mentioned it...

So Matthew Perry isnt allowed to gain weight or get a tan like everyone else? Interesting.

Matthew was addicted to painkillers at the time of when he was skinny (s7) and then kicked it when he gained more weight (s. Did you ever see how Anna Nicole Smith was fluctuating her weight all the time? She was addicted to more drugs Im sure than you can shake a stick at, had nothing to do with Trimspa no matter how they wanted to take credit for it. Im sure whatever it was he went through when he needed those was very hard for him and thats why no one mentioned it, because it was because of Matthews doing, since he is a person too, and not Chandlers doing.. so why mention it? No one mentioned when Jennifer died her hair red in season 3 (which was for a movie) so... I dont get why this is an issue really.

Edited on 06/25/2008 7:50pm

Elwingda

[28]Jun 26, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    No one mentioned when Jennifer died her hair red in season 3

I clearly haven't watched enough 'Friends' as I've never even noticed that. But of course now when I know it's there, it's so going to bother me

super_friend21

[29]Jun 26, 2008
    • level: 27
    Elwingda wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

I clearly haven't watched enough 'Friends' as I've never even noticed that. But of course now when I know it's there, it's so going to bother me

Actually its not red, its more of a really dark brown which I think is one of Rachel's best hairstyles. I never really like "The Rachel". I mean after two seasons straight...

Anywhoo umm, what bothers me is when Ross always says: It really was when he is agreeing with something. He said it way to much!

stellarchick86

[30]Jun 26, 2008
    super_friend21 wrote:
    Elwingda wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Actually its not red, its more of a really dark brown which I think is one of Rachel's best hairstyles. I never really like "The Rachel". I mean after two seasons straight...

Anywhoo umm, what bothers me is when Ross always says: It really was when he is agreeing with something. He said it way to much!

It looks red to me. And I saw the movie she was in during that time and it looked red to me there too!

super_friend21

[31]Jun 27, 2008
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    super_friend21 wrote:
    Elwingda wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

It looks red to me. And I saw the movie she was in during that time and it looked red to me there too!

What movie was it and maybe I can see a screen shot or something cuz I remember mostly every Season 3 episode photographically and Im picturing dark brown.

stellarchick86

[32]Jun 27, 2008
    super_friend21 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    super_friend21 wrote:
    Elwingda wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

What movie was it and maybe I can see a screen shot or something cuz I remember mostly every Season 3 episode photographically and Im picturing dark brown.

I believe it was 'Picture Perfect' unless she did 2. And I have dark brown hair, and Jennifers had alot more of a red hue than mine does too.

super_friend21

[33]Jun 28, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    super_friend21 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    super_friend21 wrote:
    Elwingda wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Actually its not red, its more of a really dark brown which I think is one of Rachel's best hairstyles. I never really like "The Rachel". I mean after two seasons straight... Anywhoo umm, what bothers me is when Ross always says: It really was when he is agreeing with something. He said it way to much!
    I believe it was 'Picture Perfect' unless she did 2. And I have dark brown hair, and Jennifers had alot more of a red hue than mine does too.

Poster from Picture Perfect It does look a bit red but I m sure in Season 3 it was darker than that. I dunno

free_the_WM3

[34]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 12

lol thats alot of replies to one statement

i wouldn't classify her hair as "red" its had a redish tinge to it, it was more auburn. it was probably her hair colour before her hair colour in my pic

bike-chan

[35]Jun 28, 2008
    • level: 7

Well, the thing that has always bothered me was how come Phoebe lived on the street as an underage girl? Wasn't she supposed to go to the orphanage or be adopted or sth?

RosarioTijeras

[36]Jun 29, 2008

A lot of things, really, even though I totally love Friends. The Rachel/Chandler part for example is really messed up. And I also think it's weird Rachel always goes to Monica's house for Thanksgiving, why is she never with her own family? Can't really see her parents liking that.

And even when they all have jobs they somehow can afford to hang out at Central Perk any time of the day. I know it's somewhat necessary for the show to work, but it still bugs me.

stellarchick86

[37]Jun 29, 2008
    I agree with you, RosarioTijeras
    Edited on 06/29/2008 6:27pm

Elwingda

[38]Jun 30, 2008
    RosarioTijeras wrote:
    And even when they all have jobs they somehow can afford to hang out at Central Perk any time of the day. I know it's somewhat necessary for the show to work, but it still bugs me.

I know! There is only one episode when this is pointed out, where they talk about why their bosses don't like them and then Joey comments that it's probably because they all hang out at the coffee house 11.30 on a Wednesday (can't remember the name of the episode). But yeah, the series wouldn't work without them all hanging out there.

super_friend21

[39]Jun 30, 2008
    Elwingda wrote:
    RosarioTijeras wrote:

I know! There is only one episode when this is pointed out, where they talk about why their bosses don't like them and then Joey comments that it's probably because they all hang out at the coffee house 11.30 on a Wednesday (can't remember the name of the episode). But yeah, the series wouldn't work without them all hanging out there.

It was an episode in Season 6 because I remember Joey in an apron when he said that!

luvpuff

[40]Jul 17, 2008
    i think the writers went a bit over the top with phoebe, how her mum killed herself, her stepdad went to prison, living on the streets and her brother thing