Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Things That Concern/Bother You

free_the_WM3

[81]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 12
    yeah i think babies have to be about 6 weeks or older to go on tv. which is why when they are born they usually have a full head of hair and are huge! lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[82]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 32
    free_the_WM3 wrote:
    yeah i think babies have to be about 6 weeks or older to go on tv.

Oh, I did not know that! Thanks! Yeah, its funny because babies will be born and youll see them in the hospital and they will look like 2 months old haha

HarmlessAngel

[83]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    free_the_WM3 wrote:

lol thats alot of replies to one statement

i wouldn't classify her hair as "red" its had a redish tinge to it, it was more auburn. it was probably her hair colour before her hair colour in my pic

yh, its not red at all, its auburn, then again, under studio lights hair looks lighter!

DanielVDell

[84]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 11

I don't remember which episode it was in, but it was a comment Ross made about evolution, where he stated something like, "Um, hello? Ever heard of the theory of evolution? Monkey into man?" Um... no, writers. It's ape into man. There's a big difference between a monkey and an ape.

Also, what bothered me were the countless homophobic/ignorant comments about gays in the later years of the show.

MisterMatthews

[85]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 5

DanielVDell wrote:
    Also, what bothered me were the countless homophobic/ignorant comments about gays in the later years of the show.

Care to mention specific examples?

The only one I can think of, is when (at Barbados) Ross gives his speech and mentions homo erectus" and Joey laughs about the word homo But I wouldn't consider that homophobic. It doesn't target gay people, but Joey and his immaturity.

Cyber-Shadow

[86]Aug 6, 2008
    • level: 1

I wanted to see a more dramatic ending.

I know that there's a video on YouTube that shows what would happen if Phoebe's bad driving would have gotten them in an accident that Phoebe lived through, but Ross didn't.

HarmlessAngel

[87]Aug 6, 2008
    Cyber-Shadow wrote:

I know that there's a video on YouTube that shows what would happen if Phoebe's bad driving would have gotten them in an accident that Phoebe lived through, but Ross didn't.

okay personally, i think that would be terrible at the end of the day, the show is a situation comedy, not a drama, and we cant lose Ross, or any of the friends, you cant end a comedy with a death of a much loved character!

that might work in a different series, but not in friends, then again, thats just what i think

Edited on 08/06/2008 10:02am

free_the_WM3

[88]Aug 6, 2008
    HarmlessAngel wrote:
    Cyber-Shadow wrote:

okay personally, i think that would be terrible at the end of the day, the show is a situation comedy, not a drama, and we cant lose Ross, or any of the friends, you cant end a comedy with a death of a much loved character!

that might work in a different series, but not in friends, then again, thats just what i think

i agree. that would have been a horrible ending to FRIENDS

MisterMatthews

[89]Aug 11, 2008

What bothered me, is the way the writers suddenly came up with the idea that David is Phoebe's one and only long lost love. We see him in season 1 in one episode, and he is just another of Phoebe's boyfriends (like all the other one-episode boyfriends). In the next seasons, he is never talked about. Then, in season 7, he appears again in only one episode, and all of a sudden he is supposed to be Phoebe's long lost love? And they even pitch him against Mike in season 9? That's unbelievable!

I'm also bothered when so-called fans on this very board write the charachter's names as 'Racheal' and 'Pheobe'. I see that a lot, even in signatures! It's not really hard to spell their names correct!

stellarchick86

[90]Aug 12, 2008
    • level: 32
    MisterMatthews wrote:

What bothered me, is the way the writers suddenly came up with the idea that David is Phoebe's one and only long lost love. We see him in season 1 in one episode, and he is just another of Phoebe's boyfriends (like all the other one-episode boyfriends). In the next seasons, he is never talked about. Then, in season 7, he appears again in only one episode, and all of a sudden he is supposed to be Phoebe's long lost love? And they even pitch him against Mike in season 9? That's unbelievable!

I'm also bothered when so-called fans on this very board write the charachter's names as 'Racheal' and 'Pheobe'. I see that a lot, even in signatures! It's not really hard to spell their names correct!

I think people just dont know how to spell, lol..even on The OC boards its the same way. Some will say 'Marrissa', or 'Marisa' or 'Marrisa' instead of 'Marissa' and Im like ok whatever. But then someone said 'Maresa' and I was like wtf? lol.

Anyway, I never noticed the David thing..He was the closest Phoebes come to having a real BF besides Mike, and he always had to go back to Minsk. So it was like her 'what could have been' guy. IDK, maybe cuz I liked them together, I never really saw anything differently, but I do see your point too.

xlaurenc

[91]Aug 14, 2008
    • level: 3

I dont take these things TOO seriously or wise how can you see the comedy?

Okay mine are the birth dates, thats what really bothers me.

- No interaction with emma or ben.

- I dont think phoebes past life went over the top to be honest, it CAN happen. Also she probably lived with the her step mum and remember, she never went school and then thats when her step mum died and maybe she didnt have a house, and she was poor, so she lived on the streets.

- I also dont like the chandler/rachel thing, whats with that? But yes rachel was drunk so they probably wouldnt of recognised each other. Even though they spent thanksgiving together, but rachel looked different back there (episcally with her nose) and it is possible for chandler and rachel to not recognise each other.

- With the chick and duck, they were probably still there, or got lost, or whatever, but they never showed it probably cause there might of been too much going on in the series or whatever, and it wasnt THAT important.

- Im not so concerned on the whole "doll" thing btw, I mean, yeah lol.

- And the joey french thing, It makes me want to scream!

At the end of the day, its a comedy, dont take things too seriously. Apart from that it was great. It is INCREDIBLY hard to write something has brilliant as FRIENDS. No show is PERFECT. Theres always going to be things that bother us. Remember, it went on for 10 years so there probably would of been alot anyway.

MisterMatthews

[92]Aug 17, 2008
    Joey is supposed to play in 'Days Of Our Lives', but isn't that show taped in Los Angeles? Then how can he live in New York City and still show up at the set every day; sometimes even taking along Rachel?

xlaurenc

[93]Aug 18, 2008
    MisterMatthews wrote:
    Joey is supposed to play in 'Days Of Our Lives', but isn't that show taped in Los Angeles? Then how can he live in New York City and still show up at the set every day; sometimes even taking along Rachel?

Maybe they do it in NY aswell? I dont really know. Never thought about that.

MisterMatthews

[94]Aug 19, 2008
    According to the IMDB, 'DOOL' is filmed at the NBC studio's, which are in Hollywood, California. So there's no way Joey could ever have played in that show.

andy_friend

[95]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 9
    one thing that i have no idea why but bothers me is from what way the friends enter to Monica's apartment specially in "The One Where Joey Speaks French"

After Monica, and Erica enter the apartment yo can see Chandler walk in but he enter from the left side, it just bothers me because the stairs are to the right lol

brunettechica

[96]Aug 30, 2008

1) They did explain what happened to the chick and duck - remember when they were talking about the "farm" that they went to? (AKA, they died, but the Friends didn't want Joey to know.)

2) Ross never said a LOT of his work was widely discredited. AFAIK, he mentions only a few papers of his that were, and he DOES have fans, so he can't be too much of a quack. At least, you would think. And I doubt that NYU ever found out about him and Elizabeth, since no one ever told them...

3) Pheebs' birth mom never comes back because the actress was too sick to play her.

4) The inconsistencies with Rach and Chandler are irritating, as are the inconsistencies in their birthdays and ages. However, one thing that never fails to annoy me is when people talk about TOW They All Turn Thirty as if EVERYONE is turning thirty in that episode, so it's one huge goof. Is it not obvious that it's a flashback to all their thirtieth (or in Phoebe's case, 31st) birthdays? Who said they were turning thirty in that episode? Granted, Rachel's age DEFINITELY is a mistake, because in TOW Rachel Quits, Chan says she's twenty-eight (at least I think that's what he meant), and four years later is when she turns thirty?

free_the_WM3

[97]Aug 31, 2008
    In tow christmas in Tulsa it annoys me how monica says "Wendy is a fat girls name". I thought it was out of character for Monica seeing as she used to be overwieght herself. Also i thought that any fans of the show named Wendy would have been highly insulted and probably stopped watching the show. I know if they had of said "cathryn is a fat girl name" i woud have been very insulted and may not have liked the show as much as i do now.

Elwingda

[98]Sep 1, 2008
    free_the_WM3 wrote:
    In tow christmas in Tulsa it annoys me how monica says "Wendy is a fat girls name". I thought it was out of character for Monica seeing as she used to be overwieght herself. Also i thought that any fans of the show named Wendy would have been highly insulted and probably stopped watching the show. I know if they had of said "cathryn is a fat girl name" i woud have been very insulted and may not have liked the show as much as i do now.

I agree with that actually, even if I haven't thought about it until now.

There was also this other thing I got annoyed with when I watched TOW The Prom Video: Ross gets ready really slowly, I started feeling like "Oh, come on, you have the chance to go out with Rachel, if you went now, you might still be able to get her!"

MisterMatthews

[99]Sep 3, 2008

free_the_WM3 wrote:

If that's true, those people probably can better give up watching tv completly, because everything can upset or offend you. People have to remember it's just a sitcom and yes, sometimes jokes are being made at the cost of others...

free_the_WM3

[100]Sep 3, 2008
    MisterMatthews wrote:

free_the_WM3 wrote:

If that's true, those people probably can better give up watching tv completly, because everything can upset or offend you. People have to remember it's just a sitcom and yes, sometimes jokes are being made at the cost of others...

Mainly i didn;t like that line because it was too out of character for Monica.