Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Things That Concern/Bother You

  • Avatar of Sarah_LOST

    Sarah_LOST

    [121]Jul 7, 2009
    • member since: 02/01/09
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 453

    hungjeremy wrote:
    Miles65UK wrote:
    Also how they dealt with the Rachel/Joey atraction. That was just silly.
    That's one of the parts I didn't really enjoy watching. At first it was a little fresh, then it took a long time and we know it won't get getting anywhere so I kinda "dropped out". It wasn't too interesting.

    Same here I found that storyline very boring.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aditrs

    aditrs

    [122]Jul 9, 2009
    • member since: 10/19/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 637
    I found a little continuity error. In the season 9 premier Joey is shown to struggle in using the " " signs in his speech. However, he uses it perfectly correctly in TOW Monica's Closet. Not that important but it still kinda bothered me a little bit.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of bronbrons27

    bronbrons27

    [123]Jul 9, 2009
    • member since: 06/11/09
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,727
    ^^^^
    Yeah I noticed that, kind of annoyed me too.

    It's also small, but what annoyed me was in Season 9, TOW the fertility test, Monica says that her and Chandler have been trying to have a baby for over a year, when in fact they only started trying when Emma was born, and Emma does not turn 1 until the start of season 10.

    I know it's small, but the way they deal with time and birthdays in Friends really annoys me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rebachick94

    rebachick94

    [124]Jul 13, 2009
    • member since: 07/03/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,912
    free_the_WM3 wrote:
    HarmlessAngel wrote:
    Cyber-Shadow wrote:

    I wanted to see a more dramatic ending.

    I know that there's a video on YouTube that shows what would happen if Phoebe's bad driving would have gotten them in an accident that Phoebe lived through, but Ross didn't.

    okay personally, i think that would be terrible at the end of the day, the show is a situation comedy, not a drama, and we cant lose Ross, or any of the friends, you cant end a comedy with a death of a much loved character!

    that might work in a different series, but not in friends, then again, thats just what i think

    i agree. that would have been a horrible ending to FRIENDS

    I agree. It's comedy and it was nice for Ross and Rachel to finally get together after ten years. I think the ending was full of drama considering most of us cried our eyes out throughout the entire episode. I mean, one word lines had us crying like little babies.
    Edited on 07/13/2009 5:32am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ScottishSk8tr

    ScottishSk8tr

    [125]Jan 24, 2010
    • member since: 10/13/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 7

    I love Friends its my fav show. But a few things got my nerves.

    1. On TOW with Joeys Brain i hate it how when Monica finds out that Chandler has a Scottish Family she seems totally upset about it. Like the way she says "WHY IS YOUR FAMILY SCOTTISH" it just sounded like she had a prblem with Scotland. But i found the bit with bagpipes very funny lol.

    2. Another thing is how Eddie is never seen again. He was a really funny character and i just thought it was wrong to blow him out of the show because he was thrown out of Chandlers apartment.

    3. there was also a one when Pheebs dated that health inspector guy called Larry. You knew she really liked him but on the next episode he his never to be seen or heard of again.

    Thats all i can come with really.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [126]Jan 25, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    ^^1. Monica was not saying that because she doesnt like Scottish people, she was saying that because Ross was playing the bagpipes and was very bad at it. If Ross had a mariachi band over there, Monica would then say "Why is your family Mexican!?". Its the same sort of deal. 2. Eddie left because there wasnt much more for him to do. He had his time as the roomate and there wasnt really anything else for him to do. Janine was Joeys roomate for even longer and she was never seen or heard from again either. NYC has a huge population for such a small stretch of land. 3. Phoebes dated all kinds of guys we never hear from again. Phoebe supposedly dated that Jake guy for over a month but then when that ended he disappeared too. Its too hard to make sure EVERY single character comes back on a tv show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sparkstriff

    sparkstriff

    [127]Jun 3, 2010
    • member since: 03/03/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 40

    I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the friends ages really bugs me

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rebachick94

    rebachick94

    [128]Jun 21, 2010
    • member since: 07/03/07
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,912
    sparkstriff wrote:

    I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the friends ages really bugs me


    How they change around how old they are every episode? Yeah, that bothers me too. And the their birthdays.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of andy_friend

    andy_friend

    [129]Jul 6, 2010
    • member since: 08/31/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 182
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    Yeah the birth dates and ages really annoy me.
    for example:
    -Ross has like 3 different birth dates throughout the show.
    - Rachel tells Gunther her birthday is May 5th, but then in season 7, the policeman (that stops Rachel for speeding) says that she's an Aquarius... when may 5th is actually a Taurus..

    And another thing that really bothers me is Ben disappears once Emma is born, and then never see each other.

    But apart from that.. I think the show is AWESOME and i watch it everyday!!


    Jennifer's sign is Aquarius, that was probably her real drivers license so they just went with it also, it's not like they're going to go back to every episode and see when it was that they say Rachel's bday was, however, I would think they would have some sort of bio of all the characters they created so they can keep track
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [130]Jul 15, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    This isnt really that big of a deal, especially since we never met her, but I thought I would point it out. In "TOW The Donor" Phoebe mentions how Mikes sister was going to be at this party and bla bla yet at the wedding, we never met her. They never alluded to her and Id find it a little weird that she wasnt in the wedding party. If she wasnt close to Mike, then why would he be at a party she invited him to. The only thing they could say is that since there was a blizzard and all that, maybe she got caught in it and couldnt get to the wedding during that time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of heytiger93

    heytiger93

    [131]Sep 6, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 391
    i don't know if anyone else thinks this but i thought it was really stupid in 'the one with the truth about london' how monica said she went to the guys room hoping to sleep with joey instead of chandler? i know because i'm a mondler freak my opinion is a little bias, but even from a centred point of view it was kind of unbelievable. In the london episodes joey and monica really had nothing to do with each other and you could tell looking back on their initial hook up that she was contemplating sleeping with chandler the second he started consoling her over the whole "you must be ross' mother thing". It made their whole hook up seem really tacky when she said she went looking for joey hoping for a little pick me up sex and then set her sights on chandler when she realised joey was with the bridesmaid. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, then again season seven was a real shambles altogether so in some ways its a storyline that could easily be disregarded.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [132]Sep 12, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    heytiger93 wrote:
    i don't know if anyone else thinks this but i thought it was really stupid in 'the one with the truth about london' how monica said she went to the guys room hoping to sleep with joey instead of chandler? i know because i'm a mondler freak my opinion is a little bias, but even from a centred point of view it was kind of unbelievable. In the london episodes joey and monica really had nothing to do with each other and you could tell looking back on their initial hook up that she was contemplating sleeping with chandler the second he started consoling her over the whole "you must be ross' mother thing". It made their whole hook up seem really tacky when she said she went looking for joey hoping for a little pick me up sex and then set her sights on chandler when she realised joey was with the bridesmaid. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, then again season seven was a real shambles altogether so in some ways its a storyline that could easily be disregarded.


    I do see your point, but I just dont think its totally out of the question. I think that maybe Chandler boosted up her self esteem but she didnt think he wouldve had no-strings sex with her since they are such good friends. She wasnt really that attracted to him and I think she thought he was still her immature friend, like she did in 'TOW W/ The Jellyfish'. Joey she had a bit of a shallow attraction to, like she did with Julio, like that episode where there is a flashback to when Joey moves in and Monica wanted to sleep with him. So she mayve thought that Joey would be more willing to have no-strings sex than Chandler would be, was attracted to him anyway, and thought what the heck.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of heytiger93

    heytiger93

    [133]Sep 14, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 391

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:
    i don't know if anyone else thinks this but i thought it was really stupid in 'the one with the truth about london' how monica said she went to the guys room hoping to sleep with joey instead of chandler? i know because i'm a mondler freak my opinion is a little bias, but even from a centred point of view it was kind of unbelievable. In the london episodes joey and monica really had nothing to do with each other and you could tell looking back on their initial hook up that she was contemplating sleeping with chandler the second he started consoling her over the whole "you must be ross' mother thing". It made their whole hook up seem really tacky when she said she went looking for joey hoping for a little pick me up sex and then set her sights on chandler when she realised joey was with the bridesmaid. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, then again season seven was a real shambles altogether so in some ways its a storyline that could easily be disregarded.


    I do see your point, but I just dont think its totally out of the question. I think that maybe Chandler boosted up her self esteem but she didnt think he wouldve had no-strings sex with her since they are such good friends. She wasnt really that attracted to him and I think she thought he was still her immature friend, like she did in 'TOW W/ The Jellyfish'. Joey she had a bit of a shallow attraction to, like she did with Julio, like that episode where there is a flashback to when Joey moves in and Monica wanted to sleep with him. So she mayve thought that Joey would be more willing to have no-strings sex than Chandler would be, was attracted to him anyway, and thought what the heck.


    yeah, you're pretty right about that. i do get the fact that it would have seemed meaningless with joey and not so meaningless with chanlder. It was just kind of a bummmer in that episode (tow the truth about london) when she revealed she wanted joey first. but hey haha just a tv show, not gonna lose sleep over it lol. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [134]Sep 20, 2010
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    heytiger93 wrote:

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:
    i don't know if anyone else thinks this but i thought it was really stupid in 'the one with the truth about london' how monica said she went to the guys room hoping to sleep with joey instead of chandler? i know because i'm a mondler freak my opinion is a little bias, but even from a centred point of view it was kind of unbelievable. In the london episodes joey and monica really had nothing to do with each other and you could tell looking back on their initial hook up that she was contemplating sleeping with chandler the second he started consoling her over the whole "you must be ross' mother thing". It made their whole hook up seem really tacky when she said she went looking for joey hoping for a little pick me up sex and then set her sights on chandler when she realised joey was with the bridesmaid. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, then again season seven was a real shambles altogether so in some ways its a storyline that could easily be disregarded.


    I do see your point, but I just dont think its totally out of the question. I think that maybe Chandler boosted up her self esteem but she didnt think he wouldve had no-strings sex with her since they are such good friends. She wasnt really that attracted to him and I think she thought he was still her immature friend, like she did in 'TOW W/ The Jellyfish'. Joey she had a bit of a shallow attraction to, like she did with Julio, like that episode where there is a flashback to when Joey moves in and Monica wanted to sleep with him. So she mayve thought that Joey would be more willing to have no-strings sex than Chandler would be, was attracted to him anyway, and thought what the heck.


    yeah, you're pretty right about that. i do get the fact that it would have seemed meaningless with joey and not so meaningless with chanlder. It was just kind of a bummmer in that episode (tow the truth about london) when she revealed she wanted joey first. but hey haha just a tv show, not gonna lose sleep over it lol. thanks for sharing your thoughts.



    Lol no problem! And yeah it was a bummer, Im a Mondler fan too! But usually in tv shows when they flashback to stuff it doesnt really make that much sense anyway, Ive noticed LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of heytiger93

    heytiger93

    [135]Sep 21, 2010
    • member since: 09/05/10
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 391
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    heytiger93 wrote:
    i don't know if anyone else thinks this but i thought it was really stupid in 'the one with the truth about london' how monica said she went to the guys room hoping to sleep with joey instead of chandler? i know because i'm a mondler freak my opinion is a little bias, but even from a centred point of view it was kind of unbelievable. In the london episodes joey and monica really had nothing to do with each other and you could tell looking back on their initial hook up that she was contemplating sleeping with chandler the second he started consoling her over the whole "you must be ross' mother thing". It made their whole hook up seem really tacky when she said she went looking for joey hoping for a little pick me up sex and then set her sights on chandler when she realised joey was with the bridesmaid. Just my thoughts on the whole thing, then again season seven was a real shambles altogether so in some ways its a storyline that could easily be disregarded.


    I do see your point, but I just dont think its totally out of the question. I think that maybe Chandler boosted up her self esteem but she didnt think he wouldve had no-strings sex with her since they are such good friends. She wasnt really that attracted to him and I think she thought he was still her immature friend, like she did in 'TOW W/ The Jellyfish'. Joey she had a bit of a shallow attraction to, like she did with Julio, like that episode where there is a flashback to when Joey moves in and Monica wanted to sleep with him. So she mayve thought that Joey would be more willing to have no-strings sex than Chandler would be, was attracted to him anyway, and thought what the heck.


    yeah, you're pretty right about that. i do get the fact that it would have seemed meaningless with joey and not so meaningless with chanlder. It was just kind of a bummmer in that episode (tow the truth about london) when she revealed she wanted joey first. but hey haha just a tv show, not gonna lose sleep over it lol. thanks for sharing your thoughts.



    Lol no problem! And yeah it was a bummer, Im a Mondler fan too! But usually in tv shows when they flashback to stuff it doesnt really make that much sense anyway, Ive noticed LOL


    haha so true about the flashback thing, especially on friends too, their flashbacks make no sense. Like how Rachel and Chandler have already met prior to the pilot and stuff and when joey moved in?? love the show, just don't think they did their homework much lol. Glad you're a mondler fan i'm a bit skeptical of people who aren't, jks lol.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Romano338

    Romano338

    [136]Nov 26, 2012
    • member since: 09/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 204

    Some things you said made me think. The Rachel/Chandler thing, I think I noticed that while whatching, but it didn't bothered me like it seems to bother you. But yeah, that's a mistake.


    The season 10 was weird. It was rushed. For example, Phoebe's wedding. Mike and her got engaged, and 2 episodes later, we're a the bachelorette party and she says she gets married the day after! But next episode, no wedding. And it's finally the next episode where, coming from the sky, the wedding! It was obvious that they wanted Phoebe to end up married, but just to close something about her story. Not to add something, because it changed nothing. Mike appears just once or twice after the wedding and it's barely mentionned. On the other hand, to see others wedding's preparation would have been annoying, but at least mention here and there the wedding for a few episodes, and then we are at the wedding.


    But there was others weird stuff in season 10, which was, like I said, rushed.


    About Ben & Emma, it didn't bother me either because I was worried to see the kids too much. I was very happy that we saw the triplets only once, I was worried to see them too much. But it's was an unexpected pregnancy for the show so they didn't add anything. But if you look closer, Rachel's pregnancy was on purpose and there was not that much about Emma. Emma is always at Rachel's mom. I think they did that soryline not to had the baby, but to had the fact that Ross and Rachel had a baby (adding a link between them). But it's fine to me. Was happy not to see Phoebe's brother too, didn't like him.


    The chick and duck that disappears, I noticed that, it's sudden, and we learn later what happened, but it was a bit sudden.


    When Joey learns french, it's too much IMO. It adds in comedy, but it's too much the way he talks. But loved to hear Phoebe talking french (as a french myself).


    The break thing: of course Rachel knows. She is just of very very bad faith. Remember when she affirms like 5 times that Joey proposed to her and asked her to marry him, and then "oh wait! you actually didn't say anything". That is just Rachel.


    A small unimportant mistake between Joey and Friends: Gina is not played by the same actress But it's quite normal.


    To finish, I think these are mistake, yes, but it's not that bad. Friends is still a great great tv show, and not a lot of tv show have no mistake.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.