Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

******What's your favorite and least favorite season?*****

  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [41]Feb 1, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    I didn't like season 8 because is was so Rachel-orientated, but many of the episodes were very funny, despite the fact I didn't like some of the storylines. Season 9 was a masterpiece though, and season 5 was also amazing.

    And I thought season 8 was number 1 in ratings, along with season 2.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [42]Feb 1, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    I liked the first few, trying to find out who the dad is, and then last few, but not the stuff in the middle. Like the one where Joeys sister comes to Rachel to say shes pregnant..BORING..and then the whole Joey/Rachel thing starting..I dont know. I dont hate it but I dont think it deserved to be number 1 out of all the seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [43]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    Well, most of the seasons got a tad broing in the middle if you think about it, but, even so, season 8 wasn't the best imo, but it was better than season 1, 2 and 3.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [44]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Ill give you seasons 1 and 2 because they can get boring, but season 3s my fave, so I dont think it beat that. I thought season 3 was pretty consistent. But thats my opinion.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [45]Feb 3, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    Come to think of it, Ross and Rachel's getting together and breaking up makes mid-season 2 and 3 a bit less boring. I personally found that season 3 was most boring towards the end, and we didn't get any 'The One Where No One's Ready', 'The One With The Flashback' or 'The One With The Football's in late-season 3 either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [46]Feb 4, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662
    I liked the first seasons best, because it's pretty much a 'show about nothing'. Later on, they start to get married, get pregnant, have babies. It becomes more and more like a soap-opera. "Rachel has just had Ross' baby, but now she want to do it with Joey. What will Ross say?" The show was less complicated in the earlier years, I think the chemistry between characters was better and there were less episodes with only one funny storyline, like in later seasons. E.g. 'TOW The Princess Leia Fantasy' is great!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [47]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    Meh, I didn't like TOW The Princess Leia Fantasy that much. I may go as far as saying that I think it is the worst season premiere, but good for a Friends episodes (it's just that the premieres are always better than average).

    Yes, Friends does become more soapy towards the end, and that can get a bit tedious an silly at times, but the writers were doing what's best to get more viewers, because that is their goal really, and soapy-like storylines obviously do it best. In season 7, when the writers clearly decided to lay off the drama, we had the 6 least watched Friends episodes ever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ArcadeFire

    ArcadeFire

    [48]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 08/17/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 29
    Favorite: 2

    Least Favorite: 4... I hated Emily
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mjamielee7

    mjamielee7

    [49]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/06/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 303

    i love 6 and 8

    i dislike 1 and 10 and 3.

    Six was soooo hilarious, and 8 was funny at the beggining and ends when rachel first finds out she is preggers and when she is late.

    1 was too boring, 10 had no good story lines, except for the last one and 3 was only good wiht the break

    i hate when they are all sooo younger in the first seasons!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [50]Feb 5, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124

    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    Meh, I didn't like TOW The Princess Leia Fantasy that much. I may go as far as saying that I think it is the worst season premiere, but good for a Friends episodes (it's just that the premieres are always better than average). Yes, Friends does become more soapy towards the end, and that can get a bit tedious an silly at times, but the writers were doing what's best to get more viewers, because that is their goal really, and soapy-like storylines obviously do it best. In season 7, when the writers clearly decided to lay off the drama, we had the 6 least watched Friends episodes ever.
    This is just my guess but my guess is that you didnt like TOW W/ TPLF that much because their was no cliffhanger before hand. Friends usually has a cliffhanger before the next season and that didnt have one. 1 and 2 does, 7 and 8, 5 and 6, and 9 and 10, 4 and 5..Yeah its about the only one thats just a normal episode because everyone was hunky-dory in the last episode of season 2 (except Monica and Richard, but..)

    I personally like TOW TPLF, maybe because Im not kean on cliffhangers. The only ones I like were 5-6 and 7-8..all the othre cliffhangers I was like okay with but they werent my fave, I couldnt watch them over and over.

    Edited on 02/05/2008 11:01pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [51]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    ^That may be why actually. I always liked the chaotic feel in the premieres, and TOW The Princess Leia Fantasy doesn't have that. TOW No One's Ready was fabulous though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [52]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    Ah, good.
    And yea, I love TOW NOR too..its one of my faves!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [53]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    This is just my guess but my guess is that you didnt like TOW W/ TPLF that much because their was no cliffhanger before hand. Friends usually has a cliffhanger before the next season and that didnt have one. 1 and 2 does

    You say season 2 had a cliffhanger-ending, so that means episode 1 in season 3, 'TOW the Princess Leia Fantasy', is the follow-up to that cliffhanger, right? Season 2 ended with Chandler finding out that his chat-girlfriend was Janice, but that never felt like a 'real' cliffhanger, because they only started that storyline in the last episode of season 2 and it had more or less ended at the end of the episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [54]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ah, good. And yea, I love TOW NOR too..its one of my faves!

    Another good example of early season's episodes about 'nothing'.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [55]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    MisterMatthews wrote:

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    This is just my guess but my guess is that you didnt like TOW W/ TPLF that much because their was no cliffhanger before hand. Friends usually has a cliffhanger before the next season and that didnt have one. 1 and 2 does

    You say season 2 had a cliffhanger-ending, so that means episode 1 in season 3, 'TOW the Princess Leia Fantasy', is the follow-up to that cliffhanger, right? Season 2 ended with Chandler finding out that his chat-girlfriend was Janice, but that never felt like a 'real' cliffhanger, because they only started that storyline in the last episode of season 2 and it had more or less ended at the end of the episode.


    No, I said it DIDNT.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lady_joanne85

    lady_joanne85

    [56]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 08/29/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 257
    least is 1 fav is 5 & 8
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hella_ilieva

    hella_ilieva

    [57]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 12/29/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,583
    fave: 5

    don't like: 10 (only beacause is's the last one)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MisterMatthews

    MisterMatthews

    [58]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 662

    @ Stellarchick86: yes, you did say that. Here is what you said:

    stellarchick86 wrote:
    This is just my guess but my guess is that you didnt like TOW W/ TPLF that much because their was no cliffhanger before hand. Friends usually has a cliffhanger before the next season and that didnt have one. 1 and 2 does,

    You say that seasons 1 and 2 have cliffhangers at the end. So 'TOW the Princess Leia Fantasy' (episode 1 from season 3) would be the follow-up to that cliffhanger.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stellarchick86

    stellarchick86

    [59]Feb 8, 2008
    • member since: 10/04/07
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 10,124
    No, I was talking about BETWEEN the last one of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. When Rachel finds out that she likes him and goes to the airport. I was refering to BETWEEN for ALL the seasons. (4 and 5, Ross says Rachel at the wedding...5 and 6 Rachel and Ross get married). You get it now? Shuckleman knew what I meant and he was who I talkin to about this.
    Edited on 02/08/2008 10:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SHUCKLEMAN

    SHUCKLEMAN

    [60]Feb 9, 2008
    • member since: 03/03/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 560
    The One With Monica's Thunder did manage to be chaotic even though there was no real cliffhanger there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.