Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

******What's your favorite and least favorite season?*****

FriendsSvuLost8

[61]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 25
    Favorite: 4 & 5
    Least: 10. It was to short.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[62]Feb 9, 2008
    • level: 32
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    The One With Monica's Thunder did manage to be chaotic even though there was no real cliffhanger there.
    A proposal is kind of a cliffhanger isnt it? And I agree, season 10 is too short. Most of the seasons have 4 discs, that had like 3 or something? I just remember it being short.
    Edited on 02/09/2008 10:51pm

SHUCKLEMAN

[63]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 11
    Well, I dunno. I didn't sit there wondering 'Wow. What's gonna happen next?' when I first watched the episode, so it wasn't really a cliffhanger for me. It would've been a cliffhanger if, say Chandler said 'Will you marry me?' and the episode finished there. But I'm glad it happened the way it did.

Season 10 had 18 episodes, seasons 3 and 6 had 25 and the rest had 24. But season 10 did have a ton of extras on the DVD, probably totalling about 4 or 5 episodes worth. Also, season 10 had a lot of super episode (episodes with 3 acts, like 1-and-a-half-parters, so it wasn't too much less on the DVD. When watching it in syndication though, the super episodes are cut down from 40 minutes to 20-25 minutes, and the extras aren't shown, so it would seem a lot shorter from that perspective.

MisterMatthews

[64]Feb 11, 2008
    • level: 5

stellarchick86 wrote:
    No, I was talking about BETWEEN the last one of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. When Rachel finds out that she likes him and goes to the airport. I was refering to BETWEEN for ALL the seasons. (4 and 5, Ross says Rachel at the wedding...5 and 6 Rachel and Ross get married). You get it now? Shuckleman knew what I meant and he was who I talkin to about this.

Relax... Breath in.... breath out... okay? Feelin' better now?

stellarchick86

[65]Feb 11, 2008
    Im relaxed. Youre the one who kept arguing w/ me about cliffhangers, so I answered you.

FriendsSvuLost8

[66]Feb 12, 2008
    Season 7 wasn't that great either and in season 1 the jokes were good but I always had the feeling they weren't such good friends yet.

SHUCKLEMAN

[67]Feb 12, 2008
    ^I found it was the other way round. I felt they were good friends in season 1 (or after about episode 10, when the cast started to become very good friends themselves), but not many jokes were funny. Whilst in season 10, everything was a lot funnier, but the characters split up more, and there were less ensemble scenes, and especially in season 9, a lot of characters didn't seem to meet each other for 2 or 3 whole episode sometimes. But I guess 35-year-olds can't sit at a coffeehouse all day.

FriendsSvuLost8

[68]Feb 12, 2008
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:
    ^I found it was the other way round. I felt they were good friends in season 1 (or after about episode 10, when the cast started to become very good friends themselves), but not many jokes were funny. Whilst in season 10, everything was a lot funnier, but the characters split up more, and there were less ensemble scenes, and especially in season 9, a lot of characters didn't seem to meet each other for 2 or 3 whole episode sometimes. But I guess 35-year-olds can't sit at a coffeehouse all day.

yeah they did do everything together back then but it just didn't seem real. Also the characters were totally different in season 1.

MisterMatthews

[69]Feb 12, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Im relaxed. Youre the one who kept arguing w/ me about cliffhangers, so I answered you.

You don't need to be such a dramaqueen about it.

stellarchick86

[70]Feb 12, 2008
    MisterMatthews wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

You don't need to be such a dramaqueen about it.

Youre the one being a dramaqueen there sir. You keep going on about it.

SHUCKLEMAN

[71]Feb 13, 2008
    FriendsSvuLost8 wrote:
    SHUCKLEMAN wrote:

yeah they did do everything together back then but it just didn't seem real. Also the characters were totally different in season 1.

Yeah, in season 1 we see very little of the character's jobs, but in season 9 we see loads of their jobs.

For Rachel, we have the whole Gavin thing for a few episodes after she finishes her maternity leave. For Monica she gets a new job at a very posh restaurant at Javu, which stops her going to Tulsa with Chandler. It gets her a lot of money, so she is able to support Chandler while he goes into advertising, something that he really wants to do, and luckily Chandler gets promoted in The One With The Lottery, so he is no longer with all the 20-year-olds. With Ross, we have the whole Charlie thing, and he fights to become a speaker in Barbados towards the end of the season. Joey and Phoebe probably have less work episode than in the other seasons though. But we have some nice Joey episodes. The episode where Phoebe auditions as an extra, and gets everything all wrong, the episode where Joey dicovers he's a good actor is he needs the toilet and all the 'Days of Our Lives' episode, which eventually makes Rachel develop a slight crush on him. Phoebe probably has less massaging episodes than in the other seasons, but she has the one where she ends up masaging Rachel, and has to pretend to be Swedish to hide it!

We see less of their jobs in season 1. There's only 1 episode with Ross at work that I can think of in season 1.

FriendsSvuLost8

[72]Feb 13, 2008
    Monica is also really different. When we see her in the first episode she seems normal. And in the last couple of seasons she's not

cutieflutie1216

[73]Feb 13, 2008
    • level: 50
    Fave - 5
    Least Fave - 1

SHUCKLEMAN

[74]Feb 13, 2008
    FriendsSvuLost8 wrote:
    Monica is also really different. When we see her in the first episode she seems normal. And in the last couple of seasons she's not

Yeah, lol. Obviously, I like the season 10 Monica more. The one that enjoys ironing used wrapping paper, or the one that panics when she realizes she won't have room for her ribbons if she has a baby is funnier to me.

stellarchick86

[75]Feb 13, 2008
    Well, I think you see the characters jobs less than later on, but still enough for season 1..heres why: Rachel youre pretty much always seeing waitressing whenever they are in CP. Monica was cooking/being a chef at that one restaurant where shes telling the other chef how her friends love her boyfriend, that was season 1 but I forget which episode, Ross you see at the museum since the 2nd episode, Joey you see his acting things once in a while but the one with Freud! was season 1, Chandler you see at the office, like when hes trying to quite smoking (although thats more season 3), and then Phoebe you dont see till Paolo comes and hits on her but thats season 1. So from the 2nd episode, you see where all of them work at least once.

MisterMatthews

[76]Feb 13, 2008

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Chandler you see at the office, like when hes trying to quite smoking (although thats more season 3)

You see Chandler at the office in season 1 when he secretly tries to smoke, where he keeps a burning cigarette in his drawer.

stellarchick86

[77]Feb 13, 2008
    Oh yeah, that was season 1. I thought it was after 'the one without the skitrip' which was season 3..but that makes more sense because his hair was longer like in season 1. See look, something we agree on! lol

SHUCKLEMAN

[78]Feb 14, 2008
    You also see that episode in season 1 where Phoebe goes to work with Chandler, and discovers that everybody hates him and in 'The One With Two Parts' we see Chandler having to fire that girl he likes (I can't remember her name).

I'm still pretty sure that we see less of their jobs in season 1 though. I think we only see Ross's job in 'The One With the Sonogram at the End', we see Monica's restaurant in 'The One Where Monica gets a New Roommate' and in that episode where she tells her co-worker about her boyfriend problem. We see very little of Phoebe's job too.

FriendsSvuLost8

[79]Feb 14, 2008
    There's also an episode in season 1 where Chandler quits his job but in the end goes back.

stellarchick86

[80]Feb 15, 2008
    Yeah..and theres also "the one with the stoned guy" that was season 1, didnt they show Monicas job there? So theres a lot in the first few seasons, not as much as the latter but enough I think.