Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Which of the Six Made the Most Money?

slatest

[1]Oct 1, 2011
    • level: 1

According to this thread: http://www.centives.net/S/2011/the-economics-of-friends/ by the end of the season Rachel was making $100k a year as an executive at Ralph Lauren.

Also, apparently Phoebe was pulling in 50k a year, without telling anybody about it...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[3]Oct 3, 2011
    • level: 32
    Id find it hard to believe that Rachel went from a waitress barely making ends meat to an executive making a six-figure salary in just 7 years, but maybe. Im sure Ross did pretty decent considering he had a Ph.D. to back himself up and had tenure and yada yada. Then probably Monica, then Chandler, then Phoebe, then Joey would be my guess.

MsBoonzie

[4]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 10

I think Joey made the most when he was on "Days of Our Lives", but Rachel probably made the most at the end of the show.
    Monica must have made a lot of money too, she worked at a pretty fancy restaurant.
    I don't know if Phoebe made lots of money in secret. I wouldn't be surprised if she did, since she never really complained about being poor her adult life.

loey12886

[5]Jan 10, 2012
    • level: 10

you'd think that Joey made the most money, him being an actor and all

RaizenYusuke

[6]Jan 11, 2012
    • level: 28
    I watched the episode where Chandler was trying to become an intern after and Pheobe kind of implied that Joey was making the most. She said something about basising who she liked the most was on their earning and she gave Joey a flirty smiling hi, which I took as Joey was making the most. I am not sure how accurate that is considering it was a gag.

JoshuaDewey

[7]May 1, 2012
    • level: 4

Thats a Tough one

Kadodian

[8]May 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    Honestly, Ross made the most in my oponion. He's the only one out of all six to have a consistent job throughout the entire ten season run.

KyahCA

[9]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    Yeah I always figured Ross made the most money throughout the series. But I think Chandler and Rachel fall in close behind.

stylecutter

[10]Jun 10, 2012
    • level: 7

Ross was the most financially secure of the 6 friends, but that doesn't mean he made the most money.

He was just a very good money saver. I think as Phoebe pointed out, Joey made the most money after his career took-off.

RaizenYusuke

[11]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 28

There was an episode that discussed the differences between Ross, Monica, and Chandler's incomes vs Joey, Rachel, and Phoebe's income. In the same episode Monica lost her new job and if memory serves she did not get a high paying one until she became head chefin season 3 or 4. Joey had Days of Our Lives job for a while before he lost it. Rachel got the assistant buyer's job thanks to Mark's help. During the first4 seasons Ross and Chandler made the most. I want to say Chandler made more than Ross because Chandler got a promotion. I could be mistaken. I have no idea how well the museum job actually paid.

Season 5 and onward is tough since I am relying on memory. Ross was forced to leave the museum due to anger issues after his second failed marriage and losing his apartment, but he became a professor. Monica kept moving up and became head chef at some classy and well known restaurants. Chandler quit his job and started over in advertising, while Joey regained his job at Days of Our Lives and starred in a movie once. Rachel was in a manger position at Ralph Lauren. Phoebe went corporate in the last season and got a masseuse at a nice spa that gave her a lot of benefits. By the end of the series they all made a more than a comfortable living and Joey made the most.

modernfamily120

[12]Oct 15, 2012
    • level: 20

Joey probably made the least, I'd have to say. But I have no clue as far as the rest of them go.

Romano338

[13]Nov 25, 2012
    • level: 8

There are 2 episodes I think where they say Joey is the one who makes the most. I remember one, around seasn 8/9 maybe, where Phoebe talks about something and says she would choose (don't remember for what) the one who makes the more money, and she says it's Joey.

It surprised me because he doesn't have a lot of jobs and the few he has are small things, but he seems to be the one making the more money

Edited on 11/25/2012 11:55pm

chocolate__

[14]Mar 13, 2014
    • level: 1

I think Chandler made the most money