Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Why do people dont like Seasons 6 and 7?

seriesguy3998

[1]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 17

They werent that bad. Certainly werent the best, but they were good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Basishire

[2]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    They were that bad, Seems to be the logical conclusion for why people don't like it.

bronbrons27

[3]Aug 19, 2009
    • level: 14

They weren't bad at all. I think season 7 is great, my second favourite season.

And season 6 isn't my favourite but its still good! Especially TOW Ross's Teeth lol.

What I don't understand is why so many people like Season 8.

I think it's by far the worst season.

Edited on 08/19/2009 5:20pm

Water78

[4]Aug 20, 2009
    • level: 47
    bronbrons27 wrote:

And season 6 isn't my favourite but its still good! Especially TOW Ross's Teeth lol.

It was the number one show in american during it's 8th season

bronbrons27

[5]Aug 20, 2009
    Water78 wrote:
    bronbrons27 wrote:

It was the number one show in american during it's 8th season

Yeah I know, but I don't see why. I don't think Season 8 was really that good, except for a couple of episodes.

rebachick94

[6]Aug 20, 2009
    • level: 16
    I like season six and seven, but on a Friends scale, they weren't as good as the rest. Something just seemed off in season 7 and even the writers knew it. Thank God that they revived the show in the eighth season. Season 7 was nothing but wedding talk...way too much focus on this one thing. I guess season 6 and 7 are just the seasons where Friends went downhill.

seriesguy3998

[7]Aug 20, 2009
    yeah, I know they werent that good, but I dont think they were the worst. I think it was season 9. It wasnt that funny and didnt had that good plotline.

rebachick94

[8]Aug 21, 2009
    I disagree on season 9. I think it was good. Season 4, 6, and 7 on the other hand weren't that good. I still enjoy them though.

seriesguy3998

[9]Aug 22, 2009
    I enjoyed season 9, but it was the one that I liked the less.

TwistedConverse

[10]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 23
    I loved S6, one of my faves actually. S7 wasn't as great though. Worst season is S1 by a mile imo.

tafj73

[11]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 30
    Wow, this is an interesting topic. I agree that season 7 wasn't all that great. I feel the storylines were kind of crappy, and it just seems like they ran out of ideas after a while. Season 8 sort of revived the series because of Monica and Chandler's wedding and Rachel's pregnancy - these events really brought a plethora of ideas for episodes. Season 6 was okay - it had some good episodes but overall I think it's in the bottom five of the series.

bronbrons27

[12]Aug 23, 2009
    TwistedConverse wrote:
    Worst season is S1 by a mile imo.
    Yeah I agree, Season 1 could have been better. But I think it was revived in the next two seasons because Season 2 and 3 were great

melina79

[13]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    Season 6 was very good. Season 7 not so much.

seriesguy3998

[14]Aug 29, 2009
    I think season 1 was good, but it might have been better. I think it was like that because it was the beginning, we didnt know any of the characters and we werent that thrilled by the stories. And also, as the show progressed, the storylines got better.

taylor1308

[15]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 9

These seasons weren't the best but they do have some of my fav episodes in them and i thought they were really funny.

Season 1 wasn't as good as the rest but i don't think it's worst at all. In my opinion that would be season 9. That seemed to me like they were just dragging it along for a series until the last one. It was ok, just nowhere near as good as the others.

stellarchick86

[16]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    I liked s6 and its probably in my top few so I cant speak for that but with s7 it was just...off. The storylines werent that great though there were a few episodes I can watch over and over and laugh every time ('TOW The Holiday Armadillo', 'TOW Theyre Up All Night', etc), I didnt care much for Tag at all, A LOT of wedding talk, Matthew was off that season..it just..wasnt that good and probably my least fave or 2nd to last fave season.

thebiggame23

[17]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    I don't get it! 7th season is one of my favorites... it's filled with hilarious story lines. and so what if 50% of them were about the wedding, they were still funny, the bagpipes? chandler running away? Monica's insane preparations? engagement picture? the cheap wedding dress, the vows, sharing giving taking and receiving. it was all into place. The only thing i really hated in that season was Tag, plainly a bad idea. not funny at all, not interesting and rachel and his story lines were so corny i don't even want to start. there were many other story lines like Rachel's big kiss, the Holiday armadillo, Tow Monica's thunder (second best bottle episode if you ask me) Joey's boat, up all night, joey and Ross's nap together, Joey and his award, i can go on and on how even more then 50% of the show was not just about the wedding. On of the best ever... oh and i loved the episode with ben, the one with the pranks, and the truth about london, the yeah baby, nooo noo baby.
    come on!!!

bronbrons27

[18]Sep 11, 2009
    thebiggame23 wrote:
    I don't get it! 7th season is one of my favorites... it's filled with hilarious story lines. and so what if 50% of them were about the wedding, they were still funny, the bagpipes? chandler running away? Monica's insane preparations? engagement picture? the cheap wedding dress, the vows, sharing giving taking and receiving. it was all into place. The only thing i really hated in that season was Tag, plainly a bad idea. not funny at all, not interesting and rachel and his story lines were so corny i don't even want to start. there were many other story lines like Rachel's big kiss, the Holiday armadillo, Tow Monica's thunder (second best bottle episode if you ask me) Joey's boat, up all night, joey and Ross's nap together, Joey and his award, i can go on and on how even more then 50% of the show was not just about the wedding. On of the best ever... oh and i loved the episode with ben, the one with the pranks, and the truth about london, the yeah baby, nooo noo baby.
    come on!!!
    I SOOOOO agree with you! I love season 7! It's my second favourite season! (after season 4) and I think it's really funny too! And the wedding storylines were good and funny, not boring. Only thing I don't agree with was your view about Tag, I actually liked him, and I thought him and Rachel were cute together. But yeah Season 7 is so great!

rebachick94

[19]Sep 12, 2009
    bronbrons27 wrote:
    thebiggame23 wrote:
    come on!!!
    I SOOOOO agree with you! I love season 7! It's my second favourite season! (after season 4) and I think it's really funny too! And the wedding storylines were good and funny, not boring. Only thing I don't agree with was your view about Tag, I actually liked him, and I thought him and Rachel were cute together. But yeah Season 7 is so great!

I agree, there were definately some funny story lines, but half the time, something just seemed off, like they were just trying to drag it on. I can't explain it, but it's true.

brandon--16

[20]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 5

For me, season 6 was a great season, but I don't like season seven very much. I enjoyed the last half of season seven, but not the first half. The main reason I don't enjoy the first half of season seven is Chandler. During the first half, his acting was terrible. That's what brings the season down imo. In the last half of the season (starting from TOW Cheesecake), he started to seem like normal Chandler again.