We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Friends Forums

NBC (ended 2004)

Would You Have Your "Friends" Memory Erased to Rewatch the Whole Show

thebiggame23

[1]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 11

I've been watching Friends over and over again and it came to a point where i don't even have to watch the show to know what is going on, I just play the episode on my iPod and plug in my earphones and imagine the scenes... scary, ain't it?!

It got me thinking, if I could have my "Friends" memory erased and get o watch the show over and over again the jokes would feel fresh, i'd love to laugh as hard as i did when Joey pulled the fork out his pocket in "Tow The Cheesecakes" or hear Phoebe singing along to Ross's bagpipe song...

It would feel so fresh doing it all over again!

I would do it. Would you?

Edited on 03/11/2009 5:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

thebiggame23

[2]Mar 11, 2009
    Don;t get me wrong, "Friends" is still funny even after watching the same episode a 100 times (no joke, how did they do it?!) but I would love to feel the joke for the first time again...

Lary0988

[3]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 8

I'm the same way, I have all the seasons on dvd and I can close my eyes while listening to the show and still picture the scene perfectly.

I've been watching some of the seasons with my boyfriend lately and he will start laughing hysterically and it makes me miss the first time I saw the show, I mean I remember nearly crying the first time I saw the episode where Ross bought the new couch, "PIVOT!" I'd totally live that moment over again if I could.

stellarchick86

[4]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 32
    I would LOVE that for ANY of my fave shows. I would totally do it. But only if it erases my memory for those shows, not my whole memory (which it doesnt sound like youre talkin about anyway so, YES!). I would love to hear a nice reason from anyone who says they wouldnt.

RockyBoc

[5]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 6
    Yes, i think to relive the jokes for the fist time would be amazing!!! Its a shame that won't happen, but Friends still Rocks anyway!!!

kantoniuk

[6]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 5
    I could imagine an entire epsiode in my head but I wouldn't trade it for anything. That show is timeless. I laugh just as hard at every scene. Its the best show to just pull out again years from now. Its a classic. I don't need it over again, the jokess are just as good

rebachick94

[7]Mar 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    I probably would. Friends started the year I was born so I couldn't really be one of those fans that waited to see what would happen. I knew when some of the major things of the series would happen so in some ways that ruined episodes. I'm sitting around, "When is this going to happen?" while the other "Friends" fans had no idea what was coming(i.e. Monica and Chanlder, Rachel getting pregnant, Joey and Rachel kissing). I just knew some things before they happened because I'd seen episodes from later dates. Don't get me wrong, it was fun watching how it actually happened but I would have liked to be caught off guard. Those were always the best surprises. The thing I always think is craziest is that I saw "The Last One" before I saw "The Pilot." I would have just liked to have seen the entire series from beggining to end the way it was meant to be seen.

stellarchick86

[8]Mar 14, 2009
    rebachick94 wrote:
    Friends started the year I was born so I couldn't really be one of those fans that waited to see what would happen.

My goodness I feel old!
    Edited on 03/14/2009 8:04pm

rebachick94

[9]Mar 15, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:
    Friends started the year I was born so I couldn't really be one of those fans that waited to see what would happen.

My goodness I feel old!

Because Friends started the year I was born? Trust me, it has its disadvantages. They make jokes about some famous person or thing and other laugh and I don't get the joke.

stellarchick86

[10]Mar 15, 2009
    rebachick94 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:

My goodness I feel old!

Because Friends started the year I was born? Trust me, it has its disadvantages. They make jokes about some famous person or thing and other laugh and I don't get the joke.

Yup. I used to feel young compared to this show because I was 10-11 when it started so I didnt really get into it till it was in s4 or s5 or so..but not anymore lol. My brother watched it from the beginning because he was born in 77 so he was 18 when it started. Also with the youngness factor I also didnt get some of the jokes they make on the show, like the "Threes Company" joke Chandler told because I never watched the show. So its not just you. And trust me if I could go back to being 14 or however old Im assuming you are, I so would! Life is short.
    Edited on 03/15/2009 3:59pm

Friendsfan121

[11]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Friends also started the year I was born, but my parents watched it while my mom was pregnant with me and also when I was a baby. So, I guess I saw the first few seasons but I don't remember it obviously. I've seen all of the episodes each so many times. But I would love to watch it again and have no idea Ross and Rachel would break up, or Phoebe would have the triplets, or Rachel would have a baby.

MalcolmLegend

[12]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    thebiggame23 wrote:

I've been watching Friends over and over again and it came to a point where i don't even have to watch the show to know what is going on, I just play the episode on my iPod and plug in my earphones and imagine the scenes... scary, ain't it?!

It got me thinking, if I could have my "Friends" memory erased and get o watch the show over and over again the jokes would feel fresh, i'd love to laugh as hard as i did when Joey pulled the fork out his pocket in "Tow The Cheesecakes" or hear Phoebe singing along to Ross's bagpipe song...

It would feel so fresh doing it all over again!

I would do it. Would you?

This is a very good topic btw.
    And yeah I would. I've been drifting away from Friends for a few years and now that I rewatched old seasons, i'm really loving it

grace87

[13]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 34
    lol that's interesting.. I would!!!

andy_friend

[14]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    I remember the first time I saw Friends and it was The One With The All The Football, my mom came running into the room wondering why i was laughing and crying so loudly so I would totally rewind my mind to see the jokes and cliffhangers again. But also I still laugh every time I hear a joke, and sometimes I miss one and when I get it I laugh like crazy but I would refresh my memory.

SHUCKLEMAN

[15]Mar 22, 2009
    I would definately! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as I did when I first watched TOW Rachel's Other Sister, let alone the other episodes like TOW All The Poker, TOW Two Parties, TOW Everybody Finds Out, TOW Ross Got High, TOW Emma Cries, TOW Phoebe's Birthday Dinner, TOW Ross's Innapropriate Song, TOW The Lottery, TOW The Late Thanksgiving.

I really wish I could watch those for the first time again. It was such a marvellous experience. I still love it now, and find the old episodes funnier than most other comedies I watch for the first time, but, seriously, watching Friends for the first time was one of the most entertaining things I've done in my life. I'd do a LOT to do that again. Or, I can just hope another TV program comes along that can measure up to this show for a whole decade, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

rebachick94

[16]Mar 24, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    rebachick94 wrote:

My goodness I feel old!

Yup. I used to feel young compared to this show because I was 10-11 when it started so I didnt really get into it till it was in s4 or s5 or so..but not anymore lol. My brother watched it from the beginning because he was born in 77 so he was 18 when it started. Also with the youngness factor I also didnt get some of the jokes they make on the show, like the "Threes Company" joke Chandler told because I never watched the show. So its not just you. And trust me if I could go back to being 14 or however old Im assuming you are, I so would! Life is short.

You assumed right. I am fourteen, almost fifteen. I love being fourteen so trust me, I totally know what you mean. Oh, I'm so glad it's not just me that doesn't get the jokes(Die Hard, Three's Company, stuff like that) I've watched a couple shows that make references to "Friends." One day I was watching a show and it had a clip of "The One Where Joey moves Out" and I got so excited. It made me feel good to actually get the references for once. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll see references to Friends and I'll be the one laughing and getting looked at like I'm crazy. lol

leiapr

[17]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well I have to say this and I'm not proud of it: This is the first time I see Friends. Yes! Actually, I have 25, I didnt saw Friends in my life, neither one episode, nothing, none, nada! So my BFF borrow me all the seasons and let me tell u 2 things: 1- that was the best thing that she did and 2- I want to buy the Complete Series now! haha So yes, thats my truly sad story and yes, I would definitely have memory erase. Oh and you know what, although I'm very late to see Friends now, but with my age, I understood every single joke! So is not that bad right?

spikejessbing

[18]Apr 12, 2009
    I would love to be able to experience the show all over again.
    And not just friends, but every show I love.
    Because no matter what, it will never be the same feeling you had the first time you watched it.

hesonlylonely

[19]Apr 28, 2009
    This would be a very marketable idea for some pills or something for biotechnologists and neurological researchers.

loveindubitably

[20]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 9
    I know I REALLY LOVE a show when I wish I had never seen it just so I could experience watching it for a first time again. I would love to be able to watch TOW Unagi episode for the first time again..."DANGER!!!" Ah, never gets old.