Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 10 of 41

• i love to watch the dvd box set. i wish it would come bac to air

awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome
  • I can watch it again and again and still laugh at the jokes

Its a stress-buster. No kidding. Like, if you are having a badday, pick a random Friends episode and watch it. It can make your day. I mean, Friends is one show we can call EPIC. Because people all over the world watch it. And watch re-runs like a million times until they learn all of Chandler's jokes and all of ROss' facial expressions. Or maybe not. But, come on, you know you love the show. And if you haven't, you're missing out on alot. So go grab a DVD of the first season and start having some fun. WHAT I LOVE ABOUT IT:
    Their bond. Like, they all know each other really well. Oh and Chandler's sarcasm. Rachel's hairstyle. Joey's stupidness. Ross' dinasour obsession (along with other obsesstions). Monica's loudness. Phoebe's freaky running style (although, it was fun. :D)

WHAT I HATE ABOUT IT:
    nothing
  • Amazing Show.

Friends was, is and will always be my favourite show. It focuses on the relationship of six people, six friends. It follows their lives, their loves, and their laughter. The show ran for ten seasons, and I watched those seasons from start to finish, and continue to watch repeats today. I constantly wish the show never ended.

Each character is different, yet they all mesh together wonderfully. Monica is the obsessive compulsive one, Rachel is spoiled but nice, Phoebe is weird, Joey is the dumb stud, Chandler is goofy, and Ross is into science and dinosaurs. Ross and Rachel have an ongoing romance throughout the series, Monica and Chandler get together in the middle and have the most stable relationship, Joey is a serial dater, and Phoebe finally meets and marries a man outside of the group. Each of them are there for one another through the highs and lows of their lives and they make you wish you had friends like them.

The beginning of the series is much much better then the final seasons, but once you start watching them you can't stop, for you feel as though you are apart of their lives, and you are the seventh friend.
  • Unbelievable...

If I'm going to continue visitng this website, I have to say this.

TV.com puts "Friends" above Seinfeld, The Office, Arrested Development, every other comedy, and a little behind from Scrubs; outrageous. What's the matter with you?! This show is not that good, if you know what comedy really is, deep down you know it isn't.
    I used to like it, watched it before, and even so I always found myself knid of empty from watching it, didn't work for me. Some laughs from time to time, and the big laughs only came from the "laughing track", yeah. I found the six characters to be annoying, specially Chandler, his sarcastic "humor" sucked, not funny at all. Phoebe was too dumb, never got to like her way. And Ross, the only fun coming from him, was when he yelled to deny something, wow! how funny... Rachael, was always like "you know"... and then said something incoherent. Joey and Monica weren't too bad, the best two, I kind of liked them. The humor was totally average, not my type, it never got better. The comedy wasn't that great, although there was some pretty funny stuff. What made the show was the storylines that were somehow interesting, some were actually good.
    I just don't want to give it more than 1/10, sorry.
  • mostly overrated show but certainly not the worst out there

1.1
    I usually only watched FRIENDS when forced, and some of the writing was decent. I think that what got me about this show was how the women were all sell-outs and the guys were pretty much louses (except for Joey who was just plain stupid). Phoebe was the saving grace of this show for me. She actually had personality and was likeable. Rachel is generally annoying, chandler is homely, monica is a snot, and Ross is a pig. Nobody seemed to have any respect, not for themselves or each other. But I guess that's just television in general.
  • Friends is one of the most popular shows of the last 10-20 years and is beloved. But I think it's one of the most overrated and predictable.

3.5
    Friends is an occasionally fun show but rarely funny. The characters are sometimes likable, but the writing and even the delivery of the lines is too dumb, obvious and juvenile. The situations are are all formulaic. Seinfeld was a much better, innovative, and original show. Friends is a middle of the road sitcom that any Joe and Jane Average can enjoy. People call Seinfeld the show about nothing. In fact, it has a lot of clever satire and subplots in many episodes. Even the most "nothing" episode The Chinese Restaurant is better than any episode of Friends. Friends says nothing new, without it's handy laugh track it wouldn't have lasted one season. Friends truly is the show about NOTHING. Been There, Done That.
  • The person who created this show had to be racist.

7.9
    I never saw a black person on this show either in the background and defintely not as a main star of the show. I mean there could of been an episode because i know i haven't seen them all. Any way i think this show was over rated a little. It was a good show but it wasn't the best wb show like a lot of people say. They have some decent actors but for most of them that was gonna be there last time on the television screen which is pretty sad. Now guys say that lady (can't think of her name) with blonde hair is pretty. I don't see it but i'm looking at it from a girl eyes.
  • A good show.

For a very long period of time, I thought of Friends as the best comedy show ever. Of course, back then there was no other alternative besides Friends on TV. From a more distant perspective, having seen what's "out there", I can now conclude that Friends is a good show - but nothing more. It is a funny show, though often not clever enough. Most jokes offer no verbal freshness, for instance. :) Phoebe and Joey's jokes are recurrently centred on giving a silly opposition of what is being said. Nevertheless, I would encourage viewers to give it a shot. It is a real joy for the masses.
  • Another one of those.. what were they thinking shows

2.2
    Come on who told these people they were worth over a million each per episode.. My goodness such a stinker of a show....No talent in the actors, no writing talent, most of the time they recycled plots from year to year and no one noticed. Oh and how have the the shows spawned by theis thing fared.. well just ask Joey. However people seem to watch any trash on TV as long as it has a good soundtrack and a loud laugh track.... oh hey a good laugh track on a show must mean it is a classic sitcom.... NOT!!!!
  • I could never "get" why people liked this cheesy show.

It's unoriginal, predictable, and incredibly boring. Now this is just my opinion. I understand that a lot of people out there like it, but it's my right to hate it just as much.

I did try this show out, there was nothing special about it. Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I like a show with a wee bit more substance.
  • Just another chick show.

0.3
    Like all other "chick" shows, it's very popular, and then within 10 or 15 years, it's never heard of again. That's why I don't like it. That and it has "chick" humor. There are so many "chick" shows. Why? Only females and gay guys are going to watch it anyway. I don't get how they even win emmys. Put them up against classics like M*A*S*H, I Love Lucy, All In The Family or Bewtiched and the like and they won even be in the running. They'd just be another show and you flip past when looking for All In The Family.
  • Sweet Jesus!

2.1
    I can't believe people like this show. It's awful. It's the gayest show on earth. I hate that stupid intro song. I hate the characters, especially Ross. I hate the coffee place they always go to. I hate the awful jokes. I really hate Phoebe. I'm really glad it's over.
  • Boring, unfunny, the same over and over.

2.8
    Why does everyone seem to love this show so much? It's not all that great. In fact, I find it extremely boring. It was pretty good when it first came out. But now it seems like all of the episodes are the same. Ever since the cast members started dating, the show has gone downhill. It's just gotten kinda trashy almost. The acting is good, but definitely not worth $800,000 for 20 minutes. Most of my friends like Phoebe...they say that she's so funny. I don't think she's funny at all. Unless you classify ditziness and stupidity as funny.

It seems like there characters have nothing to do but have sex with each other and sit around on some couch at 'Central Perk.' Don't they have jobs? Why are they never at them? And they live in apartments yet they have a new outfit every single day that's all nicely ironed and in perfect condition.

And why aren't there any African American, Hispanic, Asian, or native American people on the show. I don't even think that they've had any guests or even just extras who were of a different ethnicity besides white. Where the heck are you going to go in New York City without seeing a single black or Hispanic person? I mean...come on... This must be the most overrated show ever.
  • Not good.

1.3
    Friends was never a good series for me. Sure, a few people like it but I am one of the people who absolutely hate it. None of the characters are interesting, they don't really have any interesting pasts or anything like that. They just do stupid things then make a lame pun and turn on the laughing machine in the background to encourage people to laugh.

A lot of people in my class love this show and were really said when the series ended but I doubt they watched the series from when it started. This show is a real let down to be perfectly honest.

-Beller
  • My now wife loves this, thus I watched.

7.2
    Let's see. What's not been said about 'Friends' before? Oh! First of all, it's somewhat boring and unrealistic. For instance, when the show first started I don't think any of them had any real high-paying jobs...I could be wrong. But if that's the case, how do several low-wage or no-wage people survive in a New York loft?

Secondly, no one that looks like Jennifer Aniston would ever have sex with someone who looks like David Schwimmer (sp?), seriously.

And thirdly, my wife loves this show and every time I would go over to her place while we were dating it would be on, so I'd be forced to sit through it. That's the only reason I know anything about any of the characters and didn't rate it below a 7.
  • boo boo boo boo boo

0.0
    boo boo this show was dull. it was anoying im glad its gone it had horrible storylines and acting boo booo. waka waka why did joey get cancelled give up not enuff viewers. waka waka. friends is nothing but a wana be cheers without the bar. if u want true comedy with great acting then watch newsradio.
  • Thiis is a show about well, friends. This is a really good show. its a bout friends going through life and friends becoming boyfriends/girlfriends. It's basicly just life.

Man i luv this show. It sucks that its cancelled. i just discovered it last year. And i was hoping this show wouldnt be cancelled but it is. First i just saw it on and i heard it was very popular. My aunt used to watch it. I watched it with her sometimes. it never really catched my interest cause i didnt get any of the jokes. But when i was older. I tried it out again. It was hilarious. I even like how they name the episodes. The One With. My favorite character are Chandler and Phoebe and Ross because Phoebe is funny. Ross, theres always something crazy going on with him. And Chandler is such a square and its funny. Thats my review about friends.
  • Friends followed in the wake of Seinfeld, pitch meeting was, let's do a show like Seinfeld, except with six main characters, and not so old, in New York. Add two females and there will be lots of chances to have unrequited romances & love triangles!

This show never got the critical respect but it ran for 10 seasons and was a huge hit with the public. The Ross and Rachael story line was getting very thin towards the end, but somehow they managed to keep breaking up and getting together until the very end. Did you see Aniston and Schwimmer as a couple? No way, Jose, she was more like the future Mrs. Pitt. Since they couldn't really have Ross and Monica get together (on a very special Friends), there was a Joey and Rachael thing for a while, and a Chandler Monica thing near the end came out of the blue. I like the Chandler Janice thing, but poor Chandler Bing... OMG! or Oh. My. God, with Shattneresque pause between each word and her hand fanning herself from the sheer magnitude of the revelation. Also a good match up was Joey, a knuckle dragger, and Chandler, a smart aleck, as roommates. Like Smart and Dumber. Chandler was my favorite character--he also had a distinctive cadance that was fun to imitate. Speaking of which, how about when Rachael broke up with Ross and started going with Russ, a virtual clone of Ross? They nailed his exasperating speech patterns. Sometimes the plots were silly, but, often it was quite funny in spite of the sloppy writing. There were guest stars galore, like George Clooney, Brooke Sheilds, Chrissy Hinde of The Pretenders, Elliot Gould, Marlo Thomas, Giovanni Ribissi, Tom Selleck, Chris Isaak, and Julia Roberts in a great vendetta segment. Running gags, like Ugly Naked Guy, Marcel the monkey playing with the remote, and Phoebe's coffee house gig.

Did you get sick of their theme song, especially the part where they all clapped? How could you not?

The biggest mystery was why they spun off Joey into his own show. The weakest character, or at least the least likely to succeed on his own without the peer pressure of his Friends.
  • The best sitcom of the mid/late 90's and early/mid 00's! The show started as six twenty-something, then thiry-something friends living in the New York City apartment. Now rerunning on TBS, 5 nights a week.

I was a fan of the show for a long time, since it began. I was thirteen and an eighth grader in junior high school, when the show started. I was twenty-three, when the show ended. This show is funnier than "Seinfeld". One of my favorite characters is Phoebe. Phoebe is really a dumb blonde. She is show funny. She can sing and play the guitar very well. One of my favorite moments is when Phoebe sings a song she wrote called "Smelly Cat". They also have celebrities that made guest appearances on every episode of the season. I like the theme song.
  • Okay TV series

The show isn't that funny, i have to admit i used to like this show when i was a kid i have no clue why i used to like it but i did. I find all of the characters annoying, only thing going for the show is the fact that the older episodes were pretty good but as the show went on I found the show unbearable to watch I swear to god it was all about Rachel and Ross love each other, oh wait no they don't, oh sorry in fact they do and that went on from the beginning to end and i still didn't care about it at all.
  • After so many years and love from hopeless it\'s hopeless fanbase, Friends, a show about friends who live in an apartment building making asinine jokes about nothing funny, this once hilarious show was FINALLY laid to rest.

1.4
    I used to love Friends. Everything was original and, again, hilarious. Sadly, along with shows like Everybody Loves Raymond, this show wore out it\'s welcome in the world of TV. The jokes slowly became less and less funny until all chances of intelligent humor on this so-called \"comedy\" were wiped away completely... and still, the show was dragged out for a few more years. Let this be a warning to all producers: when it becomes unfunny, drop it, and fast. 1.4 may seem like a harsh rating for this show, but it is the only thing I can depend on to bore me into a coma state.
  • A show which makes me think "boy, I'm glad I got into sitcom scriptwriting at a young age" Why? Coz shows like this are overpaid.

2.5
    Honestly. I don't see why people watch this show. The jokes are all crude, and while crude jokes with sexual themes are often quite entertaining, they aren't coupled with interesting, thought provoking jokes which make you ask questions.
    What's more, as a scriptwriter, I can say the charachterisation is quite poor. Why? The charachters are all plastic and fake. They don't have any inner conflicts, and are pretty flat. You never see any exposition of the charachters like you get with shows like Father of the Pride or Family Guy. All in all, the writer(s) should be dragged across a gravel track until the thought of writing comedies or any form of prose is dragged out of them completely. Overall, It's a load of overrated tosh. Just turn over to the next program on the TV.
    The polyprotagonist format of the show just complicates writing shows like this even more. Instead of writing one protagonist who you can really get into, the polyprotagonist format means that you have to write the depth of all the charachter's thoughts. It doesn't do this very well. Well, it doesn't do it at all. You just can't get into any of the charachters very much. They don't have any real deep feelings or desires. A show like Father of the Pride has its serious moments of exposition such as Sarmoti's regrets of working on the last anniversary before his wife's death. Or the time LArry was having stage fright because of guilt. Fiends doesn't do anything like this much. The charchters just aren't convincing at all, and when you don't see the charachter's real reaction to the situation, based on their actual thoughts and ideals, it takes a fool to laugh. Please, for the good of TV, change the channel before we all go insane!!!!
  • Funny? Where?

0.0
    Oh, please! I tried to watch a few times and I just think: they are so silly and losers. No funny and intelligent jokes, not so good actors, no humor at all!
    It´s impossible to compare with wonderful series like Seinfeld and Married With Children. Any TV Show is better than Friends in my modest opinion.
  • Friends was about 6 characters all of which lived in New York in their now iconic apartments. The story revolves around the charcters growth into mature adults albeit in an extremely humorous way.

This has to have been the greatest show of all time! 10 wonderful series all of which stayed at the same high level throughout. With over 250 episodes to choose from there can be no denying that Friends has acheived a huge amount of success but was cut with people still wanting more. What I found best about the show was that all the main characters were all given equal parts to play so no one got more air time in the long run. I would have to say that my favourite series would have to be the second one with great episodes like the 'one with the bullies' and 'the one with five steaks and an eggplant'.
  • Amazing.

This show is one of the funniest shows ever made.It's very awesome and funny.I saw half of this show and it was a good show.It's not better than Drake And Josh,but it's better than True Jackson,VP.This show is really funny and whoever made this show had a good idea to make this show.What Jennifer Aniston done in this show was really not a bad idea.It was the best idea to let her be on this show.I grade this show a big B because it was funny,but it's not that perfect,but it's still very cool and better than all of the other comedy shows except for Drake And Josh.
  • My Favorite Show of All Time!

When Rachel ran into Central Perk wearing a wet wedding dress, how many of us knew that this show would last for ten wonderful years?

I didn't! In fact, I didn't even start watching until the season seven finale. However, over the summer before the season eight premier, I was entranced enough by this show to watch as much of the reruns as I could.

As much as I can proudly say I know more about Friends than 95% of the people in this world, I still wish that I had been there from the beginning. Going through the emotional roller-coaster as the incredible story unfolds, laughing along and even crying as these twenty-somethings grow up in life. I want to agonize over every jaw-dropping cliffhanger, then count off the days before a new episode returns. Phoebe, you're the greatest character TV has ever known. Chandler, we love your one-liners. Joey, you're too lovable. Monica, you're funniest when you're anal. Rachel and Ross, ahh, come now...through your ups and downs...we always knew you'd end up together.

Thanks Friends, for given me three great years of entertainment...and for giving everyone else a decade of classic fun!
  • I was obsessed with this show the first time around and still doesn't fail to make me laugh whenever I watch a rerun.

I loved this show the first time around and my bedroom wall was not covered in pop star posters growing up but posters of the characters from Friends (am not sure if I should be admitting that). This is a show that I tried hard never to miss an episode of and that when I watch it on reruns it never fails to make me laugh. I am not a huge fan of sitcoms in general but I'm a bit fan of friends and think its a great TV show. This is one American TV show that I don't mind getting repeats of.
  • FRIENDS is a warm hearted sitcom and funnier than most sitcoms today.

Absolutely my favourite sitcom. Especially that I'm now watching every episode properly as they are replaying them in order for every work day a week. The the main cast is great but theres also many guest stars who are big shots today and were big shots even when they popped onto the show for a few episodes (Bruce Willis, Van Dam which I'm not sure how to spell and Reece Witherspoon etc. Sorry about my spelling).

My favourite character is Joey. The episode where he thought he got a free auctioned boat was my favourite. He actually thought it was about guessing and not bidding the price. Classic stuff right there. I also loved when Monica (don't know if I spelled that right either) put the turkey on her head and glasses to cheer up Chantler (spelling?).

Overall this is a must buy for DVD box set editions.
  • Friends Is About A Group Of Friends: Rachel Green, Ross Geller, Monica Bing Nee Geller, Phoebe Buffay, Chandler Bing And Joey (Joseph) Tribbiani And They Grow Up Together As They Learn Many Lessons In Life.

I Love Friends! Favourite Show Ever, This Show Hasn't Ever Disappointed Me, It's Just So Funny! It Simply Cracks Me Up, Brilliant If You Want To Have A Laugh! Ross Is Just So Dorky! It Amazes Me, No Wonder Monica Fights With Him! And Rachel Is Funny..She Makes Me Laugh A Lot, Especially When She Acts Dumb 'Coz She's A Blonde! Monica Is Just Amazing, She Can Cook And She's Got Chandler! :) I Like Chandler A Lot, He Makes Stupid Jokes But They Are Funny, And Phoebe, She's Weird, But Her Songs Are Really Funny Though, Especially The One Which She Sings At Christmas.."Happy Hannukah Monica" Etc..
    An Absolute Cracker Of A Show, I Love It!
  • Amazing. That's pretty much all I can say.

Well, I'd rant on and on about what a great show and how it should stay on and how they should bring it back and all of that you'd usually find in a review for a cancelled show. But I'm not. I'm just gonna tell you that it's not too late to watch Friends.

I personally think that Friends and a very cute show. It really shows how the six of them stay together as friends no matter what happens to them. They are just how friends should be. Always there for each other. Now, okay, I said I wasn't gonna rant about this, but I will.

BRING IT BACK. I loved it and so many people did.
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14