Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

neomichel

Friends Fan Reviews page 13 of 40

• One of the best sitcoms of all time.

Sometimes I can't believe Friends has finished because sometimes it seems like it's still going strong. I can't believe it's been three years since it finished. I watch episodes regularly on channel 4 and E4, and amazingly enough, I still laugh/find them funny. It shows excellant writing. I wonder if they will ever do a reunion say 10 years later; cause that would be wicked. However, until that day comes I still keep myself entertained with the ones that are shown on television. Some of my favourite episodes are from the earlier seasons like 'the one with the football' but I also enjoy watching some of the later seasons too. Go F.R.I.E.N.D.S
  • Friends is on? Friends would be perfection.

Let me just start by saying I am currently a 16 year old male, and I am not gay Why would I say that? Probably because this is considered a "girl show". For what reason, I don't know, but this is way too good of a show for the male gender to pass up. Friends has everything a sitcom needs: awesome writers who make even more awesome episodes, very talented actors, and sexy women... or something like that. Friends is ten seasons of gold. The one thing I may be most surprised about this show is how few stinker episodes there are - I don't think there are any episodes in the entire series that I consider terrible. There are some that aren't good as others, but 97% or more of the episodes are amazing to say the least. I can't rave enough about Friends - it's too good to describe. Seriously.
  • Friends is an amazing show. It is the best show ever. It is awesome and hilarious ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny

Friends is the the funniest show ever on tv. If you are sad it makes you laugh.It is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so FUNNY.
  • Not a "Friendly" review

I don't understand why everybody liked this show so much. I don't really like shows that have the laugh track in the background because I don't like to be told when to laugh but also the fact that these people are not really realistic. They just act like a bunch of teenagers and no one really settles down until they are in their late 30's if at all. All of the characters slept with each other and I did not see any groundbreaking material to make this show mildly interesting. The only one I like on the show is Rachel who is played by Jennifer Aniston but that is just because of her charisma. Sorry to all that enjoy this show but I don't get it.
  • Friends is an American situation comedy about a group of six friends living in the New York City borough of Manhattan that was originally broadcast from 1994 to 2004. It was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and produced by Kevin S. Bright

This is the tenth season of friends!

Season Ten (2003-2004)

Joey and Rachel's relationship lasts only three episodes. Having been platonic for so long, they feel uncomfortable taking their relationship further, and because of that, they never have sex. Charlie goes back to an old boyfriend and Mike and Phoebe get married on the street right outside Central Perk on a cold, snowy day, after facing delays and cancellations from various people crucial to their wedding.

Chandler and Monica apply to adopt the baby of a pregnant young woman named Erica and decide to move out of their apartment to a house in the suburbs of New York, something not known to the rest of the friends, until Rachel and Phoebe see Chandler with another woman, and decide to confront the couple about it. Erica gives birth to twins, a boy and a girl, who are named Jack (after Monica's dad) and Erica (after the mother). Despite the fact Erica was expecting twins comes as a surprise to the couple they are happy with the outcome.

Rachel is offered a job in Paris with Louis Vuitton, with help from a previous colleague, Mark (from Season Three). Rachel is tied between staying in New York when Ralph Lauren offers her her job back with a pay raise and moving to France. She decides to accept the job offer in Paris and take Emma with her. The group holds a farewell party for her and she says goodbye to each of them in turn, except Ross. He is upset about this until Rachel tells him it was too hard to say goodbye to him. The dramatic confrontation culminates in them sleeping together.

In the final episode, Ross realizes that he still loves Rachel and, after she leaves for Paris, goes after her, driven by a reckless Phoebe to get to the airport before her flight leaves. Meanwhile, Joey buys Chandler a new chick and duck; (the other two are revealed to have died earlier in the series, unbeknownst to Joey, who thinks they went to live on a farm). The chick and duck get stuck in the foosball table, purchased by Joey and Chandler after their dining table broke in a very first season. They know they have to break it open but neither of them have the heart to do it – it was the first item that Chandler and Joey had bought together. Finally, Monica destroys it and the chick and duck are recovered. They decide to keep the birds at Joey's since animals aren't the most hygienic things to have around newborn babies.

Ross finds Rachel and tells her that he is in love with her and begs her not to go; however, she is overwhelmed by this new information on top of everything else and leaves. Ross was sure she would stay and is crushed. When he gets back to his apartment, he finds a message from Rachel on his answering machine, telling him she still loves him. She tries to get off the plane but is not allowed to leave. Ross listens intently as Rachel tries to explain to the flight attendant that she needs to get off the plane but the message ends before he can tell whether or not she got off. Ross frantically runs to the answering machine pressing buttons and screaming "Did she get off the plane?!" Suddenly a voice from behind Ross says "I got off the plane" and he turns to see Rachel at the door of his apartment. They kiss and assure each other that this is the real thing and they want to be together.

The finale ends with Chandler and Monica moving out of their apartment with their new twins, Mike and Phoebe deciding to have kids and Ross and Rachel becoming a family with Emma. As they look around their apartment one last time, Chandler and Monica remember that they need to leave their keys on the desk. One by one, each friend follows with his or her own key. Rachel then suggests that they all go for one last cup of coffee before Monica and Chandler move, and Chandler responds with the sarcastic last word of the show: "Where?".
  • The show Friends is a fantastic mix of great writing and great acting.

The show Friends is by far the most fantastic show I have ever watched. The script is so clever and hilarious and the producers could not have chosen better actors to play each character. Not only is the chemistry of the characters great in every single episode, but you can also tell that the six amazing actors and actresses, Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston, David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry, Lisa Kudrow, and Matt Leblanc, get along great off the set. Every episode never fails to make me laugh uncontrollably. This show has ten very successful seasons, each getting better as the show continued.
  • Oh how I hate this show.

5.5
    Let me straighten this out. It lacks diversity. I swear throughout the seasons, you barely saw anything but white people, no offense. It just seemed like the main characters would be scared to death to see a black guy or Asian woman be a part of the storyline. Aside from that, the show wasn't really funny. I watched a good amount of the episodes, to be fair, and I never laughed, I just snickered. I mean if I compare this to The Simpsons, a show that lost its luster 10 years ago, I'd get more laughs out of one episode than an entire season of this, but hey thats just me.
  • Hilarious!

I used to watch this show with my family all the time when I was little. Unfortunately, my parents forced me to stop watching it when the show started to add more adult content. I love this show because of its humor. I can remember one epsiode where Pheobe was playing Pac Man, but she lost and started cussing and swearing in slow motion. There was opera music playing in the background too; that made it even funnier. Out of all the characters, I would have to say Pheobe is my favorite. I can't remember much of this show, but I remember her and her sense of humor as well as her dumb moments.
  • Started strong, finished weak.

I used to love this series, used to enjoy Bings little witty attitude, Joey's stupidity and Rachael's body. As the series progressed it just seemed to be the same gags over again, it got to the point where i didn't care about the "friends" anymore. I recently tried to re-watch the series but felt sick after a few episodes... everything that used to make them so nice now seems so contrived that i would what i ever seen in the show. Don't get me wrong its a cracking series and if you haven't seen this series, first of all where have you been hiding and secondly go out and grab a copy its defiantly worth a look.
  • Absolutely fabulous Show!

I was only 9 years old when I started watching this. This was one of the 1st shows I was allowed to watch back then. This show is about the lives, loves and laughs of 6 friends ( Monica, Rachel, Pheobe, Joey, Chandler and Ross ) living in New York.

Monica Geller (Courteney Cox) lives in her grandma's apartment. She's a clean freak. She likes to keep everything organized. Later on in a season she gets married with Chandler. She's also sister of Ross.

Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston) is a high school friend of Monica. She's pretty and daughter of a wealthy business man. She was famous in school. She married a rich doctor but she left him because she was unhappy with him. Ross had a crush on her since high-school and he always wanted to date her. After she left her husband she started living with Monica and she started working as a waitress.

Pheobi Buffay-Hannigan (Lisa Kudrow) is a massage therapist. She doesn't know much about her real father. She enjoys her life whatever the way it is.

Ross Geller (David Schwimmer) is brother of Monica and has a son. His 1st marriage ended because his wife turned lesbian. His 2nd wife left him because he said the wrong name while he was getting married. Later on in the season he had a baby with Rachel.

Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) is Ross's college friend and next door neighbour of Monica. He's not so good with girls. Later on in season he gets married with Monica.

Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) is an actor, trying to get more acting jobs. He roommates of Chandler but he doesn't pay any bills. He's great with girls.
  • One of the main reasons Friends is so funny is its not so normal, but yet oh so normal characters.

Friends is often imitated but never duplicated. Six young people, basically on their own except their friends who help them survive in the real big world. Friends is hilarious, because of its not so normal, but yet oh so normal characters. The six characters many differences are one of the many things that make this show so funny. They seem so real, one can easily relate to them. It shows real friendships, with all the ups and downs, except not many people spend that much time in a coffee shop. Friends is just a legendary show. I just love the fact that there never was really one star, there were six. That was such an original idea. It had so many running gags that if one hears automatically know it was from friends. It really influenced the language and fashion of the '90s and '00s (the use of "so" and "The Rachel" hair style, and "How you doin?")
  • In 1994, the idea was created for "Friends": a show about six friends in New York as they navigate their way through life and learn to grow up as they approach the third decade of their life.

This is a classic comedy=) I like it very much, 6 friends, who love, swear, and other!
    They are beautiful, funny, interesting persons, who have their own problems and life!

Some information:

Jennifer Aniston- Rachel Green Courteney Cox- Monica Geller

Lisa Kudrow- Phoebe Buffay Matt LeBlanc- Joey Tribbiani Matthew Perry- Chandler Bing

David Schwimmer- Dr. Ross Geller

Runtime: 22 min Country: USA Language: English

Memorable quotes for
    "Friends"(1994)
    Phoebe: Chandler still thinks I'm pregnant and he hasn't asked me how I'm feeling or offered to carry my bags. I feel bad for the woman who ends up with him. Ross: I would date her but there is a big age difference. Joey: Well think about it when you're 90... Ross: I know, she'll be 80 and it won't be such a big difference. Joey: No. What I was gonna say is when you're 90 you'll still have the memory of what it was like to be with a 20-year-old. Monica: Hey. Where is he, where's Richard? Did you ditch him? Joey: Yeah right after we stole his lunch money and gave him a wedgie. What's the matter with you, he's parking the car.

[after Monica gets a disastrous haircut] Ross: How's Monica? Phoebe: She's calmed down a bit. I put a clip on one side, which seems to have stopped the curling. Ross: How's the hair? Phoebe: I'm not gonna lie to you Ross. It doesn't look good. Joey: Can we see her? Phoebe: No, your hair looks too good. I think it would only upset her. Rachel: Oh. Phoebe: Ross, you can go on in.

And other, but I think you know their quotes

Soundtracks:

Performed by The Rembrandts

"Smelly Cat"
    (recurring song)
    Performed by Lisa Kudrow
  • This show is about six friends, Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross. Throughout the seasons they live with each other, and have different relationships.

This show is absolutely positively awesomely amazing!!!!! I love it! I watch as many reruns as I can, mostly I watch them on TBS, and I love all the characters. Joey and Phoebe are so funny cuz they aren't that bright! Especially Joey with his eating habits and such. This show is so good, and I suggest it to anyone with a sense of humor. I don't know why anyone wouldn't like it, this show is truly amazingly funny, and totally and completely fun to watch. This is a television show that I would watch all day if I could. It's awesome!
  • If I had to choose only one show of any kind which I would like to watch that would be Friends. It's definitely my personal favorite show which I can watch endlessly. It's simply the best of the best and nothing else can be equally good as Friends.

Friends is 10 season (only...) situation comedy about six friends; Chandler, Joey, Ross and his sister Monica, Phoebe and Rachel. They all live in New York City and meet together every day at Central Perk's restaurant where they discuss everyday problems. They try to manage
    their everyday problems and try to help each other. Some of them know each other for many years (since college time) and some are quite new friends but there are very strong bonds of friendship between all of them. Every character has got specific personality traits and some background that affects theirs relationship. The humor in this comedy set example for all shows of this kind.
  • I absolutely LOVE this show!!

Friends is on of my all time favorites! I watch it or scrubs every night before i got to bed. It is so funny! The things they go through are crazy! I love Ross and Rachel and Chandler and Monica. I absolutely love Joey! He is my favorite character because he is so oblivious its funny! I can't seem to pick my favorite season. They are all equaly good. They writing and acting are wonderful in every single episode. I was very satisfied by the ending. It was very sad and I want to cry every time I watch the last episode, but I knew it had to end sometime. If you haven't watched this show I highly recomend it.
  • THE GREATEST SHOW OF ALL TIME!!!

Friends is about 6 people who are friends and what life throws at them and how they handle it together. This show is greatly funny, and greatly original. No show is better in my opinion. The reason I think the show was so great is because it is an ensemble cast meaning there is no main character. There are main story lines sure but all the characters have there day in the sun. Also the reason this show works is because you love all the characters there is not one you don’t like. Some you might like over others but you like them all none the less. The show gives you great comedy with also the perfect touch of emotion. No show was or is better than this one. One of the greatest things about this show is that it stopped on top on its own power.
  • BEST SHOW EVER

Friends is the best show ever! It has lasted for 10 years, with 237 episodes. Each episode unique, funny and charming. All the characters are amazing, and really complex people. There's Rachel, the spoilt city girl who moves in with her high school best friend when she leaves her fiance at the alter. She moves in with Monica who is a high-maintence chef, whose catchphrase is "I know!". Phoebe is a ditzy hippy-type song writer and singer turned massuse. Joey is a good-hearted womanizer who loves food and his signature move is 'How you doin'?'. Chandler is the good-hearted guy who relies on humour, his catachphrase is 'Could noun be any more adjective?' Finally, Ross is the geeky scientist guy, when the show starts he is recovering from his divorce. The two main couples of the show are Ross and Rachel, who are on again, off again and Monica and chandler who fall in love half way through the show and get married. In conclusionm, an excellent show with great characters. A brilliant TV show!!
  • One Word. AWESOME.

Show about, obviously some friends.

The first seasons they trying to be better with each other, which they accomplish it little by little. :D This series are very very very good because of its cool humor, which makes you literally "roll in the floor laughing out loud." This humor is different from any other series, this is awesome because makes you laugh every single time, makes your day, and its not the same as other series same humor over and over.

This show shall be on the top 10 of all the time, because it was just soooo cool, and im sure no one disliked it. Well at least an abnormal person wouldn't. Lol. xD
  • The best show ever made!!

Friends must be the best show ever made! I give it a full pot rate.. there's no better show than Friends, it doesn't go a day with me not watching friends. This show is so good it is no words for how good it is. This is the best thing ever been on TV! And i love all all the 6 main characters.. but Chandler Bing is the best and funniest. i love Him he's the best actor in this world. I can't belive anyone have had the brain to make something this good.
    I wanna thank: David Crane & Marta Kauffman for bringing this excellent show to the screen!
  • Best Show Ever.

So no-one told ya life was gonna be this way... your job's a joke you're broke. Your love lifes D.O.A.... Friends was a distinct trendsetter. It's superb writers kept the entire world laughing for a lengthy ten years. Friends is a show that is so good, it is played over and over, on numerous channels all across the world, 3 years after the show was ended. Friends also helped launch the careers of many talented actors and actresses. Friends received many awards over the years, but it's intent wasn't to be the best, it was a show that many people could really relate to. Discussing many topics that were racy in the early nineties like lesbianism, pre-marital sex and so on, but they found a way to make you laugh and cry... and thats what made this show so special.
  • One of the best sit-coms of the last 20 years!

Starting in 1994, Friends was my constant friend on Thursday nights. This show is one of the finest ensemble comedies of all time. Ross, Rachel, Joey, Monica, Chandler and Phoebe are all iconic television characters. One of the things that I like best about this show is that all of the main characters have interesting personality traits or quirks that make them likable (whether it's Ross's love of dinosaur bones, or Joey's "how you doin?," or Phoebe's goofy songs, or Monica's OCD, or Rachel's obsession with style, or Chandler's sarcastic humor). People talk about "comfort food;" well, Friends is "comfort television." When The Rembrants' "I'll Be There for You" theme song comes on, you know you're with friends.
  • A show about six FRIENDS growing up in NYC.

As a tv/movie reviewer for the local paper i have to say this is without a dout the best television show ever. It is constantly Hilarious and the laughs never stop. If you are looking for the best show ever you have found it. I could not be any clearer. This show was the best ten years in television and out ran it's rival shows. This show deserves to be up on a Plaque. This show Has a great story line and an amazing comedy built in. This is the highest form of television and the Show is Amazing from every point of view.
  • THE BEST

What can I say about The Friends...? Well, everything positive! They are excellent, absolutely fabulous! I enjoyed every episode for 10 years! AND, I would like more of them still. These are characteristics of a great show! Phoebe, Rachel, Monica, Joey, Chandler and Ross, they are all great! And the thing I like the most is that they all stayed in the show all ten years. They made me laugh every day, and I thank them so much for that. The whole families enjoyed these episodes, where they acted in perfect way. Actually, there is nothing bad that I can say about them. I think that there won't be for a long time shows that will overcome The Friends. And I think that people will watch them, even 10 years from now...
  • Hilarious show about 6 best friends that live in New York.

Absolutly HILARIOUS! One of my personal favorite shows. The actors are very talented and they all played their roles very, very, very well. They all had a very good onset chemistry and they really made the show feel like it was real life. I HIGHLY suggest that you watch this show if you havent because it is great, very funny, very drama filled, very real.
  • Best Sitcom EVER!

Friends is about six friends living in New York. Each episode something new happens in their lives. Ross- He's a paleiantologist. Rachel- She left her fiance at the alter. Monica- She used to be fat. Joey- He thinks he's an actor. Phoebe- She thinks she can sing. Chandler- No one actually knows what he does. The show is hilarious. Season 3 is my favorite season out of the series. Season 4 is my least favorite. Lasting 10 seasons giving us wonderful and memorful episodes. Friends is without a doubt the Best Sitcom EVER. Give Friends a chance you'll fall in love with all of them.

Friends was created in 1994 by David Crane, who wrote Friends in Burbank, California, and who got his start working with the legendary Norman Lear and Marta Kauffman, who served as writer and producer of Dream On. Friends was aimed at young adults who, during the early 1990s, were identified by their café culture, dating scene and modern independence.

Two of the series' stars, Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston, had already appeared in several unsuccessful sitcom pilots.

Another, Lisa Kudrow, was also familiar with working on sitcoms having played Ursula Buffay on Mad About You. In the series, it was revealed that Ursula was the twin sister of Kudrow's Friends character, Phoebe. Kudrow was fired during filming of the pilot of Frasier after being cast as Roz.[1]

Courteney Cox was already an accomplished TV and film actress when she was cast, having appeared in the likes of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective and had had several minor roles on sitcoms such as Seinfeld and Family Ties.

David Schwimmer was wanted by the writers of Friends for the part of Ross Geller from the beginning; having auditioned for Crane and Kauffman in the past, Schwimmer was said to have a memorable voice and was most known for his Broadway work, but he also directed some Friends episodes.

Matt LeBlanc appeared as Vinnie Verducci, the boyfriend of Kelly Bundy in Married... with Children in the early 1990s and starred in that sitcom's short-lived spin-off, Top of the Heap as well as Vinnie & Bobby, but before that had mainly been focusing on advertising and modeling work when he was cast as Joey Tribbiani.
  • why did it have to end?

i love friends so much! Its so funny--i dont think there's one episode that's failed to make me laugh. But also, most shows have a few bad episodes where you dont like them as much as the others, but with friends, i've loved every episode i've seen. i just got the first season on dvd and when i finished that i'm going to get the second and....etc. i could watch it all day long. My dream is to meet them and get their autograph. seriously, who doesnt like friends and wouldn't want their autograph? haha. I'm sooo going to put some of these on my ipod...
  • This show is about 6 best friends living in new york. they are just starting their lives out of college and have to live by themeselves(except for their friends)

This show is a cult classic no matter what television shows come out every year this is my favourite i started watching right from the beginning and have loved every episode. Ross and Racel are my favourite couple and all the friends together have a friendship that i wish i had
  • Amazing..

One of my top faves ever. This could be the best show ever. I love all the characters but my faves are probably Monica and Ross or Monica and Chandler because they are sooo funny. And Monica is a lot like me haha. I'm so sad that it's gone now. I own all the season on dvd and I still watch them over and over again. You can never get sick of this show! Please someone make something like this! Even though there will never be another "Friends" we can still make a new show like it. -- ((Vanessa))
  • No shows can be better than this one...

this one is my best tv comedy show and i don't think that, any other shows can be better than this one. it's a hit. super hit, what else I can say about this show. I love each and every part of it. The dialogs are funny and the way these six present it is even more good. i never got bored of watching this show. its just too good for every seasons. i love this show.