Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 2 of 41

• Could this be the greatest comedey show ever? I think sooooo

No doubt this is the best comedy show ever... Iconic even... You can watch it countless times, know exactly what they are about to say, what's going happen and still laugh your head off and be entertained to the max.

The show is genuinely quite clever with the writing, story lines and character developments. Everyone can relate to at least one of the characters if not all the characters and this is what makes it so special.

The friendship between and individual personalities them make an ideal show for banter and laughs all round. <3
  • Unoriginal

All they did was ripped off of Seinfeld. It is irrevelant today.
  • The greatest show ever!!!

No matter how many times I watch I never get bored.
  • Legendary show

What I love about Friends, is from seasons 3-10 they were realistic characters that worried about real problems. Disregard the first two seasons as they're just about dating and sex with some good parts. Overall though, Friends has great jokes but more importantly has situational comedy, something many sitcoms lack.
  • Collection Of Memories

It's really good to see the TV series. Not only brought us laugh heartily

, but also bring us moved to tears. More precious is the share of constant friendship.
  • Best Show i have ever seen in my life

i wont say much just it has a piece of my heart now its freaking awesome show i love it so much!
  • The One with my Review

Friends were, and are, my favorite TV show ever. I grew up with them and I didn't miss one single episode. Every character has its own storyline, what with Rachel, the spoiled, selfish girl who becomes a successful woman, Monica who has signs of OCD, only to become a chef at one of the most popular restaurants in New York, the quirky, slightly crazy Phoebe who gets married and has a happy life, the womanizer Joey who ends up a real actor, the 'gay quality' guy Chandler who gets married and has children, and Ross, the geeky scientist who becomes a teacher at NYU, gets married and has two kids. This TV show means so much to me, it changed my life completely, and I love the fact that characters, from these people who have no idea what they're doing with their life become successful and happy adults. It will forever be my #1 favorite show in the world. I have all the episodes on DVD and I watch them every day. I know almost all the lines and when I hear just one line I immediately know which episode it is. I take my DVDs everywhere I go. I know all the characters' storylines by heart and I also have Friends posters. I even tried to write a book based on the show once, but it failed :P Shortly, I give this show an A+.
  • Cool episode.

Cool episode. A continuation will be? There is information?
  • The Best Comedy Show Ever

Well, I just finished watching this show yesterday and it was awesome

None of the shows compare to this one ;)

It was so comedy, I could hardly stop laughing :)

• jennifer ann pitouski

You grew up and its just like i an stunning" "i".
  • The Show That Was The Greatest

Only the people who watched this show first hand on Tv have the understanding of how powerful this show was. Such a great great show. Same cast for the ten years and never ever got tired of them.
  • AWESOME!!!

I think a reunion is way over due. I am still waiting to see Ross and Rachel get married. I was so disappointed when the show ended without the most wanted wedding ever.
  • Stereotype City, A sentimental, dumbed down show for Morons, or children.

This show is very easy to grasp- I remember being 10/11 years old on a plane to England from Australia, and laughing at Joey acting (whilst acting) in a Hospital bed. I thought Friends was funny. Once I wised up and entered my 20s, Friends became increasingly predictable and dull with its formulaic plot. All the characters are one dimensional stereotypes, who in reality wouldn't get on at all- well, I don't buy Pheobe as a friend of the girls- why would someone so laid back prefer to hang with materialistic anxiety ridden work-obsessers, over other likeminded "boho" people? Episode falls ass backwards into the old jokes- and only dumb people, or children, will miss this (they are the audience for the show, just look at education statistics in the USA, and it will be explained why this show is so popular there)!

Pheobe singing on her guitar with stupid lyrics and a simple melody "littlestar, hello there, furry and kittens love your blonde hair" or something stupidly simple.

Ross and Rachel playing hard to get, whining.

Joey making an "italian joke" by talking about food, eating lots of food, saying "I'm an Italian so I eat lots of Cue the Laugh Track.

Chandler and Monica being anxious and acting more like Brother and Sister than lovers.

Jennifer Aniston wearing fake nipples under white jumpers- again and again. WHY would she be made to wear "see through tops" with those plastic nipples? Isn't that KIND of distracting and innappropriate? Even Seinfeld make jokes about women who do that! Same with sex and the city! Really, it was pathetic, and made me disrespect Aniston more for just being a bimbo- on tv, and off. She can't act, so they had to make you forget that fact.

Joey being a "Male Bimbo/Mimbo (seinfeld word)" and doing a silly acting job.

This show is outdated, sentimental mix of soap opera and a sit com, as oppose to seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm, which are strictly sitcoms, and had a No Hugging policy- they also didn't care about making the Seinfeld characters look "sexy", just funny! Where-as on Friends, the actresses would have hair dressers on call between takes to brush their hair perfectly before the cameras were allowed to role.

While Pheobe and Monica were quite comedic, Jennifer Aniston, the vainest woman on the planet, cared more about being pretty than being funny.

If you want love stories and drama with comedy- watch sex and the city- its insightful and far more intelligent than friends (besides the product placement, its fantastic).

If you want pure laughs that never date, characters to relate to, and a show that makes you feel happy about your life in a Ce La Vie fashion, watch Seinfeld.
  • My First Review Of The Year 2013

Happy New Year!!! thanks for modernfamily120 . george harrison twin) for requesting this as my first review of the year 2013. I hope you enjoy this review man. I gotta be honest to the readers and I am going to be completely real on this. This show is funny at times and can be hilarious once in a while in my opinion but it just gets so freaking old. I remember watching a few episodes of this on TBS and I was got bored only getting a few laughs. I watched more episodes when it came on Nick@Nite and I just get bored by this show from time to time because the jokes are just old like they are things that we have seen before, it's predictable, and I really never get interested in the romances in this show too. I enjoy the sense of realism put into this show but this is just overrated in my opinion. I can understand why a lot of people love this show but I just can't get into this show that much. There are much funnier and better sitcoms in my opinion. I LOVE the cast... they are great for what they have brought on the screen. Now we still get to see this wonderful cast in either movies or TV Shows and it's just so amazing seeing their talent grow as the years go by. It's an okay show in my opinion. Great characters and some genius writing but the jokes get so old like you wouldn't believe it, it's very predictable, and I never really care too much about the romances between the characters in this show which is surprising because usually in sitcoms, I'm interested in the romances. I don't know, maybe if I saw this show a long time then I could enjoy it. If you all love this show then that's amazing but I really don't enjoy this show all that much to be honest. I'll watch it once in a while on Nick @ Nite now if I get bored and there's nothing else to watch but it's just not the greatest sitcom I have ever seen. That's my opinion but the ones that love this show so much don't have to agree with me. Happy New Year everyone!!! hello 2013. 6/10
  • This show will be remembered forever.

It's sort of like the modern MASH :) 'cause millions and millions of viewers watched it / still watch it in syndication and these characters worked very well together, it was almost impossible to create to so much of a great TV comedy on such a small space of only like 4 regular rooms :D my childhood was full of these great episodes and I will treasure and love this show forever :) 10/10
  • Ratings of Seasons

S1: 1/10

S2: 1/10

S3: 1/10
  • Friends is brilliant, hilarious and funny!

...Not.
  • Friends is no friend of mine

This show is more over rated than Jennifer Aniston's looks. Phoebe is a criminal, Monica has mental issues, and Rachel is a stuck up, manipulative brat who will lie, cheat and steal to get what she wants. I do not want to be friends with people like this.
  • The best, but........

I love this show but I am getting tired of it. I have seen them all its not funny anymore. I was to young to watch it when they were making them but now I satered watching. It is my favorite show, but I know every line by heart. I still like it thought
  • You Guys Are LEGENDARY!!!!

I have memorized almost all the lines of every episode in the firs NOTHING could replace this show. I bet that by the time of say, 2045, it will be more popular than any
  • Never Forget You

Every time you watch it, it's funnier than it was before...

A pathognomonic characteristic of "Friends"...
  • miss u all

I miss you all. I wish you could come back ! No other show made me as happy as you all did . I can watch it over and over and never get tired of it !
  • Friends

I MISS THIS SHOW. this show manages to make me laugh anytime i watch an episode even though i may have watched it more than 100 times I LOVE THIS SHOW. PLEASE DO A GOOD REUNION EPISODE OR MOVIE.
  • Best there is

I really can't say how many times I've watched this show randomly, from beginning to end. And it still makes me laugh. This is the show that it makes you want to live in it.
  • A Show for the Ages

Friends was beyond magical. It spoke to the young and restless, the romantic and the flippant. It had the kind of cast chemistry that even atheist show producers pray for before they go to bed. Six of one. Friends like us. Thursday nights for ten years. Perfection.
  • Fellow Friends lovers

Look what 90's sitcom made it to #1 on this list of the best 90's TV shows!

I have all of the seasons on DVD and I always get good use out of them because I never get tired of watching Friends. No matter how many times I see a certain episode it still makes me crack up and in some cases tear up.

I actually just watched the episode when Monica proposes to Chandler and trust me I balled like a baby.
  • FRIENDS

Excellent show. I have seen each episode of all 10 seasons at least 8 times, and some more than 20 times. I Love the show. I hope they will bring back the show after gap of 10 years and show how they are doing now.

• Awesomeness defined

Nobody loves friends the way I do. So many things are brilliant, funny and extremly awesome. I just love it.
  • Great Characters and Writing Can Go A Long Way

Such a classic show. I love how it is all just based on the great characters and the writing. It almost doesn't matter that the basic idea of the show is not the most original or inspiring, it is merely a sitcom about a group of friends. But the fact that they all have such unique personalities and that the writers never failed to give us interesting storylines really proves that the concept of the show doesn't need to be anything special, as long as the writers know what they're doing.
  • Non existent humour

Awful and predictable 'comedy', I have endured a number of episodes of this steaming heap and have not laughed, chuckled or even raised a smile once. I really do struggle to see why people are so into this show. Quite how this managed 10 series is beyond me.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10