Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 38 of 41

• This show is now a classic, one of the few that I will actually watch re-runs on a regular basis.

I loved this show during its run on television, I can even look past the last couple seasons when the episodes became less entertaining. I will miss the funny dialogue and relationships that were built on this show. Joey and Chandler became one of the best buddy tandems on television.
  • Love it!

When Friends first came out, I was VERY skeptical. Maybe it was because I was so young and couldn't really relate with the show, but I used to bash Friends and Friends-lovers alike. I couldn't believe people could watch such dribble. But then, I actually watched an episode, and guess what? I laughed. And I laughed, and I laughed some more. Of course, by the time I caught on, it was into its next to last season, so I felt cheated by myself, I couldn't believe I let the hype surrounding the show blind me, I could have been watching for years! But agian, I was young when the show came out, and when I started watching, it was when I moved out and had to deal with real life situations. So I guess you could say I "grew" into the show.

I'd tell anyone to give this show at least one chance, I prefer the older episodes, when everyones job sucked, and nothing ever went thier way, but I still enjoy the new ones. Its a classic show, that people will always remember, no matter whether they loved or hated it.
  • "Friends" is the show that i will always cherish the humour, love and the value of friendship inside! Everytime i watch an episode of this magnificent show, i still laugh at the same lines and the same gestures.

"Friends" is the show that i will always cherish the humour, love and the value of friendship inside! Everytime i watch an episode of this magnificent show, i still laugh at the same lines and the same gestures. Whenever i am bored in the house and have nothing fun to do, i choose 2 or 3 episodes and hit the play button and all my boredom is gone and i felt a relief that those people give you a feeling that they are all your friends and in this painful world you get to feel those intimate and friendly feelings.
  • friends who face life and love in New York. Now, they are six thirty-something friends with older, bigger concerns. Monica and Chandler have married and are preparing to adopt a baby. Ross and Rachel have fallen in love, broken up, married, divorced, and

This show its so funny, I liked all the episode they cracked me up! :D I didnt get to see the last 2 episodes but I keep watching the re-run. Its so funny!!!!!!! My favorite characters are Joey, Ross, and Rachel. I liked when Ross and Rachel got together, they make such a cute couple.
  • This hit comedy centers around six friends, Chandler, Joey, Monica, Phoebe, Rachel, and Ross.

"Friends" started out with six memorable, lovable characters and ended its run with the same six who we, the viewers, have all grown to love, adore, and respect as they went through so many good times and hard times together. Along with the talented writing staff and the great actors who portray the characters very well, "Friends" is provided with a lot of funny jokes and a bit of physical comedy. Whether its friendship, relationships, marriage, divorce, the birth of a baby, job promotions, parties, fights, arguments, making up, or any social daily event, you name it, "Friends" has it. A show I recommend watching if you want to laugh your a$$ off.
  • I like this show do't get me wrong but....

7.3
    I like this show do't get me wrong but i just don't understand why everyone was sooooo sad at the end! It ran as long as Bewictched and i cried at that one! I just don't see what all the fuss was about EARTH to people its just a tv show its not like they were gonna keep doing it until there dead! American Idol has to stop sometime too! Simon's pretty old now! So i just don't get it!
  • friends forever

I just wanted to know who thinks this show doesn´t rock!
    and what can I say? Friends is already a classic show! Six friends that change your life, that bring fun, that make you happy! I´m sure that when our generation grow up the one next our will remember this show, and the one next next our and the one next next next our!... ´cause friends is classic! and it´s forever!
  • Friends is the most hilarious show about the six funniest and greatest people.

Friends is a show about six different friends and their lives in New York: Rachel, Monica, Pheobe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross. There are now ten seasons of Friends, and Friends stands as the single most hilarious and best show that television as ever seen. I just wish it hadn't ended.
  • The six friends that are now ours...

Ross, Joey, Chandler, Monica, Rachel, and Pheobe are six names that need no further clarification. There is not one episode that doesn\'t make me crack up laughing. When watching with my love, I continually get shushed for laughing TOO hard. *whoops*
    Season 1 is by far my favorite, though I am extremely glad the set designers removed the wooden pole that bisected quite a few of the shots in Monica and Rachel\'s apartment. Three cheers to the wonderful classic that is Friends!
  • An entertaining show that will keep you hooked from the first episode.

I first watched this show when series five was being aired, and after watching a few episodes was annoyed that i had missed the previous series. Ofcourse i was able to catch up with DVD's, videos and the many repeats on television.

Friends had a strong start, and although some may argue this, i also feel it had quite a strong ending. No one can expect a show to continue at a high quality through series one to ten, and although towards the end it did start to lose it, it isnt enough to put you off the show.

I recommend this to anyone who wants a laugh and or who liked any other sitcom.

• Oft-criticized comedy classic

Sure, this show isn't as well-written as Frasier. Sure, the stories aren't as unique as Seinfeld.
    So what? This show is one of the most consistently funny shows around, with a core group of likeable characters you can easily grow to love.

Friends is one of NBC's most remarkable achievements. The show grew from virtually nowhere to one of the highest-rated sitcoms of television, and a show can't do that without consistent writing, character-driven humour and excellent plots. Luckily, Friends had all those things, and now it was attracting millions of viewers, the world was its' oyster!

All of the characters have good qualities, though in my opinion the best character is Chandler, whose unrelenting sarcasm can bring light to an otherwise dull moment. The humour, contrary to popular opinion, is generally rather clever, and combines character's foibles with slapstick, wit and sarcasm. It's a combination that woked for millions for ten years, and I'm no exception.

Those who find this too low-brow, keep an open mind and give this another chance: it really deserves it.
  • Greatest show with more levels then just the jokes.

This show has got to be the greatest show ever created. The writing is amazing, the acting is great and the jokes are halarious. It definatly has more levels then just the jokes.
    It shows the depth of how far friendship can go.
    Some people don't relize that, and therefor don't understand the show, and I feel bad for those people. They went 10 amazing seasons, and I wish it never stopped...or if they had a series with Chandler and Monica raising the kids, and Joey lived out with them, just like in Chandler's future fantasy.
  • Absolutely Fabulous Show..

Friends is the best show that ever made,,
    My favorites are: Joey, Rachel and Chandler..
    Joey and Chandler because they made everyone laugh and Rachel because she is a sweety..
    But Phoebe, Ross and Monica are also the best..!!
    It's very sad that de show is over..
    But The Joey Show is also fun..
  • Where else would someone get the chance to watch 6 close friends grow from immature 20-something year olds to mature 30-something year olds? Nowhere.

Personally I think the show went two seasons over. The show could of ended around seasons 7, but they kept offering more money and the actors kept taking it... I can't blame them. Still, the show was simply, for the lack of a better term, Amazing! If you haven't seen this show you're either amish or are too busy in South America hugging trees to care. To make this short, if you've seen it... you know the show it great, if you haven't seen it... Buy All Ten Seasons In A Set On November 15th! You won't regret it. Trust me.
  • Closest you will get to perfection.

Friends is an American sitcom about a group of six mates who hang around in a New York bar; it's really amazing how they could make around 220 half hour episodes based on this concept, and do you know what - they were nearly all great. It's amazing how the script writers created the chemistry between the characters, and showed how their relationships developed during the seasons. Every episode is oosing with one-liners, from the dizzy Phoebe to the witty Chandler, and the laughter from their sticky situations is non-stop.

People say: "Cleanliness is next to Godliness"
    I say: "Friends is next to Godliness.

• It's about 6 friends living in New York who experience life and it's ups and downs.

In 1994 a new show was introduced to the world called friends. It was about 6 friends and their romances, troubles, achievements and much more. It starred Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Matt Le Blanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer. In my opinion this show was just plain great! No bad acting from any of the cast, superb writing and I thought the characters were really lovable. It ended after 10 years of episodes, which is pretty long. I loved how it began and it ended great. This is still my favorite show and I own the seasons and finale of it :) in my opinion it’s better than Seinfeld and most other comedy shows that were out and are out.
  • While this show should of ended it shouldn't of ended too soon.

I agree that this show is great thats why i gave it a 10 but through out the 10 years it got lest funny but the plot got better. The show shouldn't of ended so quickly because of the fact that they left on such a big cliffhanger. I was asking for days these questions Ross and rachel? twins? Pheobe wants babies? what will happen to joey? but of course none of my questions were answered except for the joey one. This show was great but it was the last episode that disapointed me.
  • I love friends bring it back!

Friends has always been a really favorite show of mine. I don't understand why the actors and actresses didn't want to do the show anymore. I mean why? Seriously that show waS paying them lots. I would do close to anything to get paid that much. Friends is an awesome show so why musyt it be taken off the air. However at least the show is still on constantly and the dvds are avalilable. So the the show friends will never really leave existance. However I would love, Love, LOVE to say more episodes. Please come back Friends I miss watching new episodes. :(
  • One of my favoite shows of all time.

I never actually watched this show when it was on TV. It was through the power of DVD that I discovered this fantastically funny show. I watched the first few episodes and then I was hooked I watched all of the episodes in order from start to finish and loved every minute of it. Few shows can say they had more star power than friends while none of them were really that big when it started the are all international movie and television stars. I have got a lot of other people hooked on this show. It is one of my comfort shows meaning I can watch it at anytime no matter how many times I have seen it and it will always make me feel better. I really am glad I found this show and hope others do too.
  • Well...actually I must confess that I already watched ALL the Friend's seasons!!!

This is The TV show that I recommend everybody to watch it!!
    There aren't dirty things, naked people in Friends!
    They are only fun!
    I watched so many times some episodes and I still laugh when I watch them over and over again!!
    I can't get enough!
    Chandler and Joey are my favourites!
    They are just perfect!
  • 6 friends with fun and laughter all the way in Central Perk.

This show is okay but not that excellent. Joey is the best though and the best episode is the one with the fake new year where xmas is comming and the recording of New Years day is close to come and Chandler,Phobie and Rachel try to find there xmas presents.
  • The season with the chick and the duck!

Chandler and Joey have a little chick and a duck. They are used as props in that season and I loved the jokes around them.

Joey: If our chick and our duck have a baby we could call him Chuck"
    Chandler: "or Dick"
    Brilliant stuff! I never laughed so hard at something as I did with these episodes.

Chandler: "Does anybody know how to get a chick out of a VCR?".

;-)

Also the episode with Brad Pitt was hilarious! Not because it was Brad (that was just a bonus) but because of the way it was written. The I-hate-Rachel-club! So funny.

Phoebe: Yeah Will take off your shirt and tell us"

Rachel (to Ross): "You gave me a teeny weeny"
    Will (Brad): "yeaah haha (Chuckles)".
  • I will talk about how f*** great this show was and is. People should have to watch this because you watch one show and your hooked forever. You get in to the story lines and start to say you know that person or I am that person. Please Read. thanks

This is and was one of the best shows ever made not in its time but ever made. You can relate to anyone of them. Chandler is my favorite and he just made me laugh. The way they ended it was perfect I cryed the whole time and laught too.I am also so glad that Ross and Rachel ended up together that was great. But I wish the writers would have went more into the furter like showing Ross and Rachel getting married, Chandler and Monica in there new house with little bit older kids, Phebe and Mike with kids, and Joey movieing to CA to get you ready for his show "Joey".
  • OMG! Friends is the best top-notch show by far. Friends made us laugh, cry, and it made our eyes become attached to the television screen whenever it was on. Friends was the best show and i wish it would come back!!!!!!

The writing of friends was excellent. I'm sure they worked very hard to get it in the top ten every week. I give props to the writers, but especially the actors. they were very good at acting and I know it is very hard to do comedy but they all pulled it off. Again it was top-notch!!!!!!

I thought that every episode had a very funny scene where it almost made you cry. Friends is about what the title is and it explains how they are there for each other. So again i give soooooooooo many thank yous to the writers and the actors because they were the best choice to do the show. I hope friends will be remembered always.

• Greatest show ever.

I love Friends. I love it a lot. I know almost anything about Friends. I (or well my sister) have all the DVDs, although I've seen each episode at least thrice. Plus reruns on WB. That is how awesome this show is.

The best part about the show? The characters. Each actor portrays his character amazingly. I have no favorite character, I love all of them.
    As for writing, a lot of the jokes are great. Sometimes, you know what they will or you can see it coming. But once again, the amazing actors make it unique with their own style or something like that.

I will never get tired of this show. It's not as smart as others, but its above average. It's lots of fun too.

Friends is awesome. Period. If Phoebe were real, she'd be my best friend.

Later days.
  • One of the Greats

Friends defined a generation for twentysomethings of the 1990's. Centering around six friends in New York City, the show brought laughs, tears, breakups, makeups, marriages and babies. Not highly touted when it premiered in 1994, the show grew into a ratings juggernaut and one of the most beloved sitcoms in history. In the process, it made superstars of the six previously unknown actors. An all-time great.
  • Friends was and still is a fabulous show.It was a trendsetter for everyone.Brilliant show.

Put a funny, attractive(dim wiited)Italian who is also sensitive guy,a woman who cares for her music(thought it is quite awful)and is unintentionally hilarious,a man who has a point to prove but ends up making a fool of himself who falls in love with one of his best friends sister,a chef trying to make it into the big time but finding obstacles along her way,a very attractive woman who still is trying to come to cope with her living in the big city and always finding Mr.wrong and a man who has alot of problems with his relationships(3 of his marriages ending in failure) who has alot of respect for his friends and put them all in one building in two apartments across from each other and there you have the best sitcom ever to brace our t.v sets.
  • Truly a classic sitcom!

I watched this from day one, when the ratings were poor and it looked like it was a one season failure for a while. But it was funny and the actors were really good! And other people finally found it!

Often copied but never bettered, it shows that casting is SOOOOOO important to the making of a great series!
  • this show shows the growth and love between 7 friends in new york and these friends have a very close relationship.

Friends is my favorite show ever because it leaves me with a smile on my face because it shows me that life can always be good if you have friends to help you through it. this show always make me smile between the uniquely writen charcters and witty story lines this show is bound to be a show that leaves an every lasting mark on hollywood.
  • What do you say about the greatest show ever made? Just read my review.

"Friends" is by far, in my opinion, the greatest show ever made. No show has ever given me such a sense of urgency to sit down and watch it. Many people, if asked their favorite television shows ever, will give you a list of 4 or 5 because it's just too close to call. I too have several favorites, like "The Simpsons," and "Seinfeld," and guilty pleasures like "Everybody Loves Raymond," "Family Guy," and even "Gilmore Girls," but no show comes close to my love of "Friends." This show, about six twenty-something friends turned thirty-something couples in several scenarios, grew on me as I grew up watching it. True, I'm only 19 now, which made me only almost-9 when it first aired in 1994, so initially I didn't understand as well as I do now the concepts of dating, love, and friendship, so at first I just laughed at what I did understand. But I grew up with this show, as it was such a 90s show, and it grew on me. It wasn't hard for me to find a personal connection with each character, as all six of them together create such a vignette of backgrounds between love lives, parents, siblings, jobs, and just overall personalities, which makes it too hard to love one more than another, and so easy to love them all so much. What touches me more than anything else about this show is the love and dedication each of the six feel for the other five. This show taught me more about how to be a friend. To be honest, I can't sit here and go into too much detail, because I could write a book...a long book...on what "Friends" has done for me and continues to do. So just sit down and watch it, because there's no better way to spend a half hour...or a lifetime. You'll make Friends in no time.