Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 39 of 41

• Pretty good over all

Despite this shows huge popularity i wouldnt consider it to be of the most quality. Dont get me wrong, i find myself laughing out loud quite often but it lacks the artistry of other shows. Much of the time i get bored with the camera movements which usually just look like the camera was set in the corner to catch everything in the room with every character lit perfectly, or with the camera set on the coffe table in front of the couch at central perk. The dialauge is witty but rarely insiteful. To sum it up, I'd say this show is fun and funny but not quality.
  • You will always find a laugh on Friends.

I first started watching Friends about two years ago. I had never had interest in the show because I was too busy with shows like The Simpsons, 24, Family Guy, Seinfeld, and Futurama. When I finally decided to give Chandlar, Monica, Joey, Phebee, Ross, and Rachel a try I fell in love quickly. One of the things I love most about this show is that it has a continuos story line. I loved watching each character grow in their own way and move in their own direction. The two things that I did not really like about Friends is Phebee's character and the continous "we were on a break" joke. Overall this show is a real jewl and will go down in sitcom history.

If you like this show you should check out Seinfeld, Joey and Curb Your Enthusiasm.
  • Six friends live in New York.

Friends was truly an original show! The comedy was fresh and exciting, and it went on for 10 seasons without ever producing a boring episode. Friends started the tradition of a silly show about the drama-filled lives of a group of people. Some shows that followed this trend, or tried to, are What I Like About You, Will and Grace, Couples (which was canceled), and quite a few others. Although most of these "knock offs with a twist" turned out to be quite good shows, none of them were as good as Friends.

Friends was the story of 6 friends living in New York City. Monica, Ross, Phoebe, Roey, Chandler, and Rachel. Every episode was brilliant and filled with funny banter. I've never met someone who didnt like Friends, nevermind someone who has never heard of it. Just mentioning it brings a smile to a person's face! This shows a classic!
  • Friends was all about 6 friends who, mostly, lived together in an appartmen tbuilding. Their daily lives are hilarious, but so recognizable!

I absolutely loved this show. I usually had to laugh so hard my eyes watered. Especiaaly the intereaction between the guys was hilarious. I also started watching Joey, but it is just not the same without the other Friends! I think the ending of Friends was sad, but good, they really closed an era.
  • friends is one of the best shows ever!

This show is so great, so funny, so sad, and the last one was a really sad one. It\'s about 6 friends, Ross (David Schwimmwer, also in Madagascar), Joey (Matt Le Blanc, who now has a spin off series \'Joey), Chandler, (Matthew Perry), Rachel, (Jennifer Annison) Phoboe, (Lisa Kudrow) and Monica (courtny cox) who all live in New York appartments. It\'s most memorable guest star was Brad Pitt, who, funnily enough, played someone who hated Rachel, played by his then-wife, Jennifer Annison. Anyway, this show is great, and really humouros, and although it\'s ended, it will always be a classic.
  • No words to say how great this show was

Friends is like the best show eva. i have all seasons on dvd so i would knoe ever answer you got ask me. I love Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe), Matt LeBlanc (joey) and David Schwimmer (Ross) Dont get me wrong i love Matthew Perry (Chandler)Jennifer Aniston (Rachel) and Courteney Cox (Monica) but there not my favourites and you can't say what a waste of time it is cause it anit.
  • Its awesome in so many ways.

This a show that has real life examples of how friends can play jokes on each other and get through tough times. You can't guess what is going to happen next it has so many plot twists throught out the ten years the show was on. It has a a lot of funny things that through out the show that you would not think of. The show Joey is bassed on what happened in the show friends. Through Joey is not as good as Friends but i like still like it and again it has things that you would not guess they would do.
  • Friends was a classic, funny, interesting, sad, outgoing, happy, television show. It was always in the top ten shows for NBC. Friends has amazing actors as well.Friends was one of the best shows in the television history. Or at least it will be. LO

Maurta Krauffman, and David Crane wrote an excellent television show. I give them thank yous a hundred times for writing such an amazing television show.

The actors: Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt Le Blanc, Matthew Perry, and David Schwimmer were an excellent choice to act out the scripts ffor the show. I thought they were sooooooooo funny. I'm glad the actors were good enough to make the characters stay alive for 10 years!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

Friends overall is funny because of the hilarious jokes. Its interesting because you never no what is coming next. It can be sad because of breakup, deaths, and other situations but sometimes that is what keeps it interesting.

Friends is one of the best television shows made and i hope people can agree with me!!!!!
  • its my life, it probably even saved...

this show is the most amazing thing to me. i watch reruns every single day in my life. i can't deal without it!!! Its always giving me a good laugh in life and helps me forget about the horrible things that happen in my day and the pains that scar me everyday. If it wasn't for this wonderful show and its comedy, i'd probably would have lost hope in life, and its because of this show that i truly understood some of the important values with friendship.
  • This show was a great show.

When I first started to watch this show, I wasn't sure what I was getting into. After the first few episodes that I saw, it became clear to me that this was a classic sitcom. I was very attached to Friends when it ended and I was very sad to see it leave the air. Although, in a way, it was smart to end the show since it would have become repetitive if it had gone on for much longer. I hope that one day, Friends will be ranked among the top rated shows of all times.
  • The greatest show ever to be on TV!!!

Friends, the greatest show to ever be on TV, is a missed show, which will never be off the air. As a dieheart fan, I have slmost completed the collection of all FRIENDS DVDs as the tenth season has not yet hit the shelves. Can't wait for that. I was 5, turning 6, when the show first aired and was 15 when the show aired their final episode. In 10 years I NEVER missed original airing of any episode on Thursday nights, I always watching on Thursdays, even if I had to stay up late to catch it at a later time on sattelite. I can truly say I'm one of the biggest fans!!!
  • FRIENDS IS THE ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS EVER CREATED!!! Friends was watched by people nation wide. We loved this show and they took it away from us. I say... BRING IT BACK!!!

FRIENDS IS My Absolute FAVORITE SHOW!!! It's one of the best shows ever created!! It's also one of the top shows watched. I have seen every episode since it started on tv. I even own most of the seasons. It was extremly sad when they had ended the show. Although, we still have Joey(Matt LeBlanc) in his new show called "Joey".
    Did u know that the cast - David Schwimmer, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, and Lisa Kudrow - made the producers pay them all the same amount - 1 mill each - so they would all be on the same level, or they wouldn't do it?? (Not sure if it was 1st season or after) I personally thought that was aweseome, it was like mutual respect. Anyway, even though i'v seen it all, I'm still watching the episodes they play daily. I Love FRIENDS!!!
  • Could watch it forever..

Friends is one of the best shows ever made. I have probably seen every episode.. from when rachel walked into central perk in her wedding dress to the point they all have coffee together for possibly the last time. My girlfriends & I would always look forward to it during the week & then talk about everything that happened the next day. Friends was a great show. For a very long time many laughs have been made and sad moments were felt. Sometimes I miss it but I can always depend on the replays..
  • Possibly one of the best shows in televison history.

"Friends" is about six friends who hang out either at Monica's apartment or at the local coffee shop. Along the way, they go through a whole lot of adventures. I absolutely adure this show for a number of reasons. one, the writing is flawless in both jokes and story lines. Two, the actors have great chemistry together which makes it even more believable. Three, the actors are class A. They can make any line funny or they can make you cry when it's more serious. I recommend this program to anyone who likes comedy. Even if you don't like comedy, watch it. You'll be pleasently surprised.
  • This is my favorite television show.

This show has received a lot of criticism over the years as jumped the shark, unrealistic, un-funny, and overly acclaimed by its fans. This show has interesting characters, great plots, and overall it's darn funny. I can't say that Friends is better than shows like Seinfld or Cheers but it has what alot of shows are missing: Heart. Yah i know this sounds dumb, but it establishes an emotional connection from the characters to the audience. You care about them and what they do. That is why Friends provided a cushion or an escape for people after the sad events of 9/11. But it has always been that way with its audience. What viewer has never said man i wish i could go grab a coffee from central perk and listen to smelly cat or go to Monica's apartment and eat a dozen lasagnas. This show had magic that i don't think any other show could imitate. Not everyone likes this show but for anyone who needs a good laugh or a good cry Friends will always be there.
  • Can you make a show any better? (Besides That's So Raven)

The people who came up with this show knew what they were doing. To make a show that funny it had to take a lot of brain power! Think about it how many of you can make a better show (I have a Forum for that)? I know I probably couldn't.
  • always a classic

every show is a classic episode and i can never get bored. It can always make me laugh. all the characters have been themselves in the shows and been the same and yet they have changed and their personallities have been so great. You could always count of 'Friends' to make you laugh.
  • How can I live without it?

As far as I try to think back in my life (I'm 16 in a week) I can think back until I was about four. Thus, ever since I can remember Friends was there to cheer me up it was apart of my life. When it ended in May 2004, I was kind of confused. Repeats would still be there but for how long? This show really was a piece of my life and a great part. Nothing can beat this show. "Friends" was THE Show. An Era, a Classic Television show that will never be forgotten.
  • THE BEST TV SHOW EVER ..

Its About Six " 6 " Friends .. Who Are Completly Diffrent ,, Ross " Kinda Geeky" Joey " The Dumb One" Rachel " The Rich One - The one who goes with the easy ways" Monica " Clean Freak" Chandler " the funny one " Pheebe " The Freaky One "

And they r all friends ..
    ross always liked Rachel .. and in the end .. he got her .. and aloot of diffrent things happens

if you never watched it ... You HAVE TO WATCH IT
  • Six close friends sitting around a New York City coffee shop talking about their days, love lives(or lack of them), work, family, everyday problems....just like each and every one of us living in today's world. Each one is different in their own special

This is the best show ever!! Each character fits with each other....and they remind you on someone you know & are \"Friends\" with! I am collecting each DVD out & hope to have my buds around for a very long time! I can\'t get enough of the reruns on TBS!
  • It's the end of an era!

"FRIENDS" is an hilarious show. It has survived ten years and brought audiences through troubled times. The show features some great comedians whose performances shine brightly every Thursday. I love this show. My favorite character is Chandler, because he can always give comedy to every situation. "FRIENDS" is one of the last great shows.
  • The perfect way to sum up the 90s. Fake Reality.

Friends is a decent comedy after it warms up from a luke warm start. While it does have it's moments too many unfunny episodes come around.

The premise of Friends is you have 6 friends, unfortunatly for the first couple years the friends don't have clearly defined personas. The people they do have are the type of people most people would run away from as either too needy, too weird, too boring, too plain, too snobbish or too stupid.

You have 6 friends who live in lavish appartments. Most of them don't even have a job for the entire run of the show, yet somehow they appear to pay for their apartments. Each one almost directly plays by an archtype unfortunatly.

At the begining the show seems to try to find it's voice.. Unfortunatly far too often it's Ross, who for the first 5 seasons almost has no humor. Granted he is the one in the most relationships, but perhaps it's true what the seinfeld writers believed.. "Relationship aren't funny." The rest of the cast are mildly enjoyable, especially Joey, which got a spin off for obvious reasons (he can be hilarious).

AFter a couple years, the show gets much better. Ross appears to get a character that has more life as do the rest of the characters. Monica and Chandler actually get together for a midly interesting romance (perhaps it's only funny if you know who the characters are before they get in their relationships). However that being said, is like a great rookie batter. He may hit a couple balls in a row, a Home run every once in a while, but he's never going to hit as good as a pro. There's still too many weak epiosdes to really call it. Sadly when "Friends" is on I tend to change the channel as for the most part until very late in the series, there's just not that much to see the episodes for.

That's not to say there is no good episodes. A couple of the Thanksgiving episodes can always make me laugh. There is a bunch of touching moments, and there is great interactions for the characters. Unfortunatly this series feels like it only got good LONG after it started so there's a couple seasons with only mildy interesting episodes.

Over all the show has potential and some people will love it from the instant it starts. Others will give it a passing glance and just decide it's not worth their time. This isn't a bad thing for a drama, but as a comedy this show really should have been as hilarious from the begining as it was at the half way point and it loses quite a bit of it's shine there.
  • The best show ever

I honestly wish they never took this show off...This show is my all time favorite television show and I still watch every re-run over and over...I loved this show and never missed an episode...I cried watching the last episode and even now if i watch the ones nearing the end I still cry..the best show ever
  • Friends is the "best" show!

You know this show is off the chain. Friends is the best show in the history of television.. ever.. I watch alotta other television.. but.. there\'s nothing that compares to Friends! All the actors have excellent comic timing.. and the off-screen chemistry they shrare just makes the show so much more enjoyable.. Yea, it\'s awesome!!!

• OMG...this is the best show ever!

Omg, from the 1st time i watched the first episode, i fell in love with all the characters. I own every single Season on DVD including the Finale DVD. I have seen every episode atlest 1 or 2 times. Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Joey, and Pheobe are amazing! When i heard that the show was going to end, i swear i had a breakdown. When I watched the last episode, i cried so much, even tho i knew everybody ended up happy. On the new show Joey, i think they should bring back soem of the characters to some visit on the show, just so we can see how they are doing in there "tv life".
  • Need to say something?

This show is errr was *sigh* the best comedy show ever made. Nothing can be compared, Raymond or Seinfield, nothing. My favorite is Rachel, so good and so funny, and Chandler, always ready to say something. The rest of the cast is great too of course. I really doubt that something similar will be done to be compared to this brillinat show. The last episode was really deep, and at the same time depressing cause the show was ending, but of course this will be in our hearts forever. Thanks whoever made this show possible, you gave us something to remember.
  • great show.

i think that it\'s a great show ever. it\'s funny dramatic romantic, it\'s a very good show, with the great actres and actors. i think that evreone should to watch this show. i think that it\'s the most funny show that i have ever seen. i recomend this show to evreybody.
  • Six friends who always hang out togather, and provide eachother with shoulders to cry on. Throuout it all they are there for eachother and they develope more than friendships along the line. They always hang out at central perk, or monicas and rachels ap

I love this show and i was so mad when it ended. All of those actors are amazing, and the way they worked on that show, it was great. They were funny, but there was a story. They had real life probkems and they solved them. I thought monica and chandler were a great couple. They were amazing togather.
  • Definately the best show ever on television.

This is no doubt the best show ever made and my favorite. It has me cracking up eveytime! Throughout the whole show they find ways to keep you laughing non stop. Plus, it has its dramatic moments. Hilarious but touching romances. this show went on for TEN YEARS! That shows how great it is. I got addicted to this show, got my friends addicted to this show, and even though its over its still watched all the time. This show is on 5 times a day on 3 different channels! The show is over and still taking up all the screens. This show truly is the best show of all time. FRIENDS FOREVER!
  • Definitely one of the best shows ever

Friends will always be my favorite show just because they are funny but also serious and they teach you alot about real life and just how to have fun with your friends.

When you watch friends you have some of the best times since you never know what to expect sometimes especially before when they were new. Now since they are reruns you have watched the episodes tons of times but you still want to watch it. That makes a good tv show. Some shows you just want to watch the episode once but not with friends.