Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 4 of 41

• Best daytime comedy to date

Loved every episode made and I'm really sad it ended.
  • Crap Comedy, Overrated Acting

5.5
    Like others have said, this is by far one of the most overrated shows in history. Situational Comedies had their place in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s but they've since gone obsolete. And this show is no exception, let me tell you. The lines seem so scripted that you can predict the punchline of almost every joke. I know I know, they ARE scripted because it IS a television show. But still, people watch shows to get engaged and captivated and let's be serious, this show does neither of those.

Perhaps I'm a bit biased on my contempt for canned laughter. I can't stand hearing that when I watch a show. If something is funny, I will laugh. Period. I don't need some sort of "this is funny, so laugh" indicator to do THAT. That's what a brain is for.

Beyond all that, the show is not horrible*. It's far from horrible, hence my score of 5.5. Simply put, it's just plain old mediocre.
  • best show ever 1#

friends is the best show ever ! the best actors/actresses ever ! it was so sad that it ended although got the boxset and watch them contstantly every day hard to stop ! friends forever !!!
  • Why did they cancel Friends it was a great show

This is a great show,But why did they cancel frieds it was one of the greatest shows in history,My favourite character is joey when you see his funny act he will make you laugh so hard that tears come from your eyes.This show rules,This show rulez its great its awesome.
  • Comedy and Pathos the order of the day

With no continuity errors whatsoever, and a seemingly never-ending nexus of friends-turning-couples and vice versa, I would have thought FRIENDS was a perpetual television offering. And indeed it was - immortalised onscreen by the capable performances of each of the cast members, and accentuated with the biting wit and dialogue. And although I have some reservations with regards to the episodes following the Fifth Season, I can't help but admit in retrospect, that this is one of the chummiest, funniest, and at times most endearing television series I've watched so far. I shall cherish every moment of it I watched, even though that reservation I had regarding post-Season 5 episodes still holds. It may have lost its effectiveness after that period, but that still doesn't make it lose its overall beauty and comedy... period!
  • This is my favorite Nick at Nite show to ever air. EVER! I so wish i could give this higher than a 10.

OK i think this is a perfect show to air at Nick at nite. Now when a new show comes I watch it and check it out to see either its gonna be a really good show or another George Lopez. I did not expect this show to be so good. Now i started watching this show 2 days ago and i freakin loved it, it's so awesome. The characters are hilarious, the storylines are awesome. This show is really awesome. Now i'm really happy that this show lasted 10 season and everytime i watch this show a new episode comes on. This show is really awesome and the cast is really awesome. I LOVE THIS SHOW!! Overall 10/10.
  • BEST SITCOM I HAVE EVER WATCHED ON TV!!!

I don't think I have to say more about this great show.

- Great cast

- Great writing
  • good comedy, but too much drama

In short I enjoyed the show at the time I hate the show as well.

I like the show mainly about the comedic moments mostly from Chandler and Joey.

I hate the whole ongoing drama between Ross and Rachael, and some of the plots were sickening to me like the one where Phoebe's brother in love with an old woman who is old enough to be his grandmother and later on Phoebe agreed to be a surrogate mother for her brother.
  • immense

dont see how anybody could dislike this show, its incredible
  • I AM LOST ...WITH THEM

I JUST STARTED WATCHING IT, 2 DAYS AGO AS SM FRND OF MINE GAVE ME THE 10 SEASON COLLECTION. ND I SAT TO WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE THIS SATURDAY MORNING ND NOW ITS MONDAY EVENING M WATCHING IT CONTINUOUSLY,

JUST ON SEASON 3 ND ALL I CAN SAY "I AM LIVING WITH 90'S. IT IA REALLU AMAZING STORY WITH GREAT CAST .

I LOVE TO WATCH IT
  • The Best, if you don't like it you clearly haven't watched it.

Its so good, kicks the living shit out of terrible shows like how i met your mother
  • Hale Comedy

Within a month i enjoyed the whole 10 seasons of real fun, attitude, drama, what not. Now i write this in 2012 .. Where this series was shot in 1990's and is even today a generation message to all.. Beautiful series. Even if one character was missing among the 6.. Friends wouldn't have been FRIENDS that i Loved.. Great Crew, great team on work.. Congrats to one and all for giving me this series. Thank you.. God Bless.
  • Why do people like this show???

This is perhaps the most overrated show in TV history. Is Friends a comedy or is it a drama? It's not a comedy because it's not funny at all. All the gags are pathetic and the laugh tracks just made them even more pathetic. But it's not a drama either because of the laugh tracks. The actings are horrible and none of the characters appeal to me. There was one scene where Ross told Racheal they should not see each other no more and Racheal was supposed to look shocked but her expression looks like she was about to laugh. And they paid her 1 million dollars per episode, nice job Aniston!
  • Horrible

I can not say much about Friends. Friends is one of the most overrated show out there. I think Friends copyed a lot of show s ideas. Friends is a waste of time. Friends is horrible do not waste 30 min of your life to watch this show there is no point.
  • Best of the |Best

The best, i cant imagine not watching friends. This is for tv as the piramids are one of the wonders of the world , something you Have to SEE , at least once :D
  • Intro

3.5
    Hi frinds, this is Saeed. M. Asif from New Delhi, India.
  • MY MESSED UP GENERATION!!!

so i'm 16 yrs old and me and my friend are the only ones (besides teachers) who watch this show!!! this show is awesome and we always talk about it then others say "what are you guys talking about?!" (these are the same people who watch Jersey Shore and other bullshit shows) what wrong with my generation not having good comedy and completely ignoring this show. I love all the characters especially Chandler!!! i'm in love with this guy!!! =] FRIENDS IS GENIUS!
  • This show is better than the best.

There should not be a single person on this planet who does not love this show. It is amazing. I think I have watched every episode about 3-5 times, and I could watch them 1000 more times. You just don't get tired of it!
  • I'm so lost without this show.

I have a group of friends that I love more than anything. And everyday I compare us to this cast because this cast and their characters are so wonderful, so loving of each other, and the caring just touches me. Besides that, this show is so hilarious. I watched episodes as a kid here and there but I finally got around to watching the entire series from start to finish and Im so lost without this show. I don't know what to do with my life. Go watch this show now if you haven't.

• Cannot get any better than this

This show was the best of its time most definitely and I would even argue today that it is still one of the best. Even after finishing over 7 years ago there are still reruns of it all the time and it can make me laugh and cry as much as it did the very first time I watched an episode.

It was about 6 friends who lived in New York City and they were trying to find out where to go in life. There were so many things that came from this that people still talk about today. For example the Ross and Rachel affair which I am so eternally grateful that they cleared up in the end and got them back together, I think I actually screamed at the telly when you hear Rachel say those immortal words "I got off the plane". The Monica and Chandler thing I sooo did not see coming but they are now of of my favourite all time couples of TV Land.

The writing spectacular and the cast ever more so makes sure that this show will forever reside in TV history.

• This show is so brilliant!

This is such a lovable show that never gets old. It's always funny, great and eccentric characters and humorous plots. This is one of my all time favourite shows. It really does make you feel like one of the group when you get to watch it again.

It revolves around a close nit group of friends.

Rachel is the ex cheerleader, was popular at school, girly and a bit of a push over, loves fashion and wants to work in that industry. She's confident, sensitive and has been best friends with Monica since forever.

Phoebe is confident, possibly insane, thinks of herself as 'a bit psychic', had a hard life, a vegetarian, a bad ass, animal lover, a masseuse, has possible personal boundary issues. Also she sings very original songs.

Monica loves to cook and works as one, is obsessively neat, the unappreciated second child after her brother Ross, she's controlling, a bit obsessive and strong willed.

Chandler is from a rich family, he has countless issues, a bit insecure, started smoking at 10 after his parents divorced, has a job that none of his friends can remember the name of. He is the jokester of the group and like he says 'Hi, I'm Chandler, I make jokes when I'm uncomfortable'. He's witty and smart.

Joey is a womanizer, he's sensitive, an aspiring actor and usually dumber than a box of rocks. He loves pizza and sandwiches, eating really. Sports, cute animals and prank calling his best mate Chandler.

Ross probably the most book smart of the group, he's a palaeontologist, a geek, unlucky, sweet, been in love with Rachel since forever, he can't flirt, moves really fast when it comes to relationships, competitive like his sister, adored by his parents and 'puts to much of that gel in his hair' (according to Rachel).

There are many recurring characters throughout the shows run. This show is so much fun. I'd really recommend it.

• A great comedy.

I really love watching Friends. It's one of those shows that always makes me laugh, even on my worst moods.

The show is filled with witty characters and clever jokes. FRIENDS basically revolves around friends (big surprise!), six of them, hanging out. They have relationship problems, emotional problems, all sorts of troubles. Of course, it doesn't sound very interesting or original with just that. But believe me when I say each episode is well-written and just as humor-filled as the next.

If you're looking to get a great laugh, go watch Friends. You won't regret it!

• OMG who wouldn't love this?

This show is hilarious in every episode, but don't get me wrong, I actually like that the show is finnished, because I think 10 years is enough, because, look what just happened to the simpsons 75% of the epsiodes suck from the past 9 or 10 years, this show was funny from beginning from the end, and I even CRIED at the ending, perfect show, perfect story, the show is perfect for all the family, (well 12 and up xD) well, the only bad thing, Joey is a little annoying, but who the fvck cares?! this show is (was) awesome
  • One of the few sitcoms I actually enjoy

Being as I watch animation more than anything else, you might be suprised to see me writing a review for Friends. However, while I was sick in Mexico this spring break, all animation was in spanish, so I changed the channel and on was Friends. Instant connection. This show is about a group of friends move through life, and face it's many journeys. I will say, I haven't seen many episodes but the ones I saw were hilarious. My favorite one (at the moment) was when they all bought lottery tickets, and they were all hiding secrets from one another, and then one of them throws away the winning ticket. No matter who you are, you are likely to enjoy Friends. A must-watch. 10/10 A+
  • The GREATEST sitcom ever!!

I fell in love with F.R.I.E.N.D.S right from it's pilot episode to it's final episode. Sitting on the couch everyday to follow the lives of the six friends living in Manhattan turned out to be the greatest source of laughter in my life. I loved the storylines, the comedy, the plot twists.... it was the GREATEST sitcom of all times. Who wouldn't want to sit and watch Rachel Green, the sexy waitress of Central Perk as she served customers the wrong orders, and stayed chatting with her other five friends instead of working while Ross drooled over her? I mean after she gets it going with Ross, it becomes a whole new transformation for the show. We are taken into the "We were on a break!" excuse until the final season. And Monica was something else too. Her obsession with cleanliness, cooking and doing stuff to impress people was a great source of comedy, and I could almost feel as if I lived in her apartment coz everytime I watched the show, the scene was either set in her apartment or Central Perk. And you can't deny that Richard Burke and Chandler were the BEST thing to happen to her. I couldn't get enough of the hippie, Phoebe Buffay, with her unusual superstitions and love for very weird music she played and composed herself. Her biggest excuse of getting out of doing stuff, "My mother killed herself" was so funny. You can't deny that! Joey Tribbiani and his famous catchphrase "How you doin'?" was fabulous. Sleeping and never calling back the women, and having gay moments with his best friend and roomate Chandler. Going to auditions set up by the weird Estelle, and coming home sad after not getting the parts so that he could eat a lot of pizza! I mean who didn't love Joey Tribbiani? His love for food is just amazing, and to top it off he was a dummy! I think Chandler Bing was the BEST comic relief on the show ever, apart from Pheebs. Making weird jokes, sarcastic comments, the gay vibes and innuendo and best of all, Janice... Oh.. My.. God..! You can't start describing who Chandler Bing was and finish it coz he was just... AWESOME!!! Ross and his love for Rachel, paleontology and dinosaurs was hilarious. Not a day passed without him mentioning dinosaurs or a weird and very uninteresting scientific fact that the others didn't like. I just loved Ross Geller, with Monica always competing with him for their parents' love and attention. Yeah Jack Geller and Judy were amazing too, not to forget Gunther who served the coffee at Central Perk and had this secret love for Rachel. No sitcom will EVER reach the high standards FRIENDS reached, and it's so sad it came to an end. Friends ROCKED, and still ROCKS!!!! :)
  • That was a great show. The show was produced and filmed in L.A. because all of the actors, producers and (set) is there. I was a little annoyed when I found that out, but it was always a great group of people to watch for everyone. I myself lived in NY

That was a great show. The show was produced and filmed in L.A. because all of the actors, producers and (set) is there. I was a little annoyed when I found that out, but it was always a great group of people to watch for everyone. I myself lived in NYC for 11 years, and remember a little of the ending of the "Friends" episode of 9/11. I just remember seeing all of them watching the TV set in Monica's apartment, and just watching, standing and hugging each other. That was what I know everyone did. I did in NYC. I have the boxed set of all their episodes, but they don't have that episode of 9/11/01. I am sure it wasn't a funny show which is what the show always was. I know I was in deep shock and tears that day too. So maybe that wasn't a great moment to keep from then. I never recorded that show then, and I sort of regret it now, but am glad I have all of their funny interactions.
  • my best show

best show i have ever seen ..!!
    it makes me happy when i'm sad ..!!
    though i watched all of them ...!!!
    i'm gonna watch it every time i'm sad ..!!
    its been like they are friends of mine or part of my life ..!!!
    They should make a movie friends or start with 11th season ..!!
    be cause no matter how much you watch it you will always demand more of the friends ..!!!
    the best part of the friends is that they start with i will be there for you and ends with walk on..!!
    love you friends...!!
    i'm gonna miss the show..!!
    especially when the times when joey says how you doing..??
    or rachel has a baby or pheoby and mike or chandler and monica gets married that makes happy..!!!
    although not for ross...!!!
    he keeps it on and on..!!
    i'm gonna miss them a lot..!!
  • what i think of friends

i love friends sooo much! its part of my life haha. i cant stop thinking about it.. honestly, my dream dream is to meet any of the actors or the creators. im watching it at the moment actully! haaa, ive finished the box set in 1 month soo im watching it over again (: people call me sad but i dont care :P my favorite actor is Matt Le Blanc, but only just i love all the actors.

I am 14 and my wish is to be older so i could watch friends when it was on television. i cant wait to see the new show 'episodes' comes to the UK. :D ilove friends
  • best Tv show ever

this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....this is the best Tv show ever, I watch her 8 times and I will wash more 100 times.....
  • Best show ever! It´s about six friends that live a normal life in New York. And it´s soo funny and good!!

Just three words:
    Best show ever!! :)
    I started watching Friends a long time ago. I was sick and my mom said that she had som tv-shows that I could watch. So I took Friends. I thought that it was boring. But I was pretty young then. After that, a year later I was sick again and I watched it again. But this time it was sooo much better. And I loved it! So I became a "Friends-freak". I came home every day and watched it. Until I came to season 10. It was so sad. In the last episode I acutually cried. And I never cry about movies. But since then I watch it every day and I know almost all the lines.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10