Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

neomichel

Friends Fan Reviews page 40 of 41

• Best Friends

Friends is a classic. Ten year on primtime, plus many more years of reruns. This show is pure fun. Six young, carefree friends living in Manhattan. The relatiomships between the characters are ever changing. Are Ross and Rachel on or off, it is different every episode. Friends is a personal favorite and AMERICA'S BEST FRIEND
  • This is one of the best comedies of all time. This show had good Creators, Humor and Romances everything you want in a show.

I am not exactly sure when I started watching this show but I think sometime in the second season and as the years went bye it seemed to get better as it evolved I enjoyed the romantic relationships that evolved from this show like Ross and Rachel and Chandler and Monica. The idea for Ross and Rachel was appealing from the pilot episode but the idea for Monica and Chandler was a great surprise that the show through our way even though there was some foreshadowing in earlier episodes.

The Humor in this show did click from day one even though to be honest some of it was stupid on occasion but it had a good record. The characters all had strongly defined personalities such as Rachel as the spoiled rich girl but you were still able to have sympathy for. Monica was the obsessive one who was always in charge of something or cleaning. Phoebe was the Nutty one. Who added a lot of humor. Ross was the Smart one and was always telling boring stories. Chandler was the funny guy and Joey was the cute and lovable but dumb guy.

I would give friends a 9.5 because of the character’s and humor was great for the most part. It kept improving each season with the stories but it peeked in the 8th

• Before That 70\'s show, Before Arrested Development, we all had FRIENDS.

A comedy of the decade. What drew people to it? The characters?The popularity?or just plainly The Comedy? I think it was a mix of all three that pulled people in and made them relize what a life would be like to have 6 friends who went though life together and at the end of the road it\'s all ok. Friends is a show beyond it\'s time, well at least beyond it\'s time when it first aired in 1994. It has all the potential elements that make up a good sitcom,right? Right. Even though it\'s off air people will still remember looking forward to watching it at a friend\'s house.Laughing and eating popcorn. And relating you own life to it or to the characters. I always found myself relating to Chandler. The one guy who at a first impression seems really annoying and you think \"God,how could I stand to be around this person\". But then you seem drawn to him and think \"How could I live without this guy?\". Well,Im a girl but thats how most people see me. Then theres Joey.Joey,Joey,Joey.The hot guy,funny girl,sometimes shallow but always sweet. Monica:over obsessive,wants everything to be clean but basically a very nice and passionate person.Rachel,the Nice Girl,the pushover but one of the characters that holds everything together. Then theres Ross and Phoebe. I always thought of them as the odd ones Ross being the cute,nerdy,Dinosaurdude and Phoebe the excentric,wierd,and the one with the distrubing past. In some way or another every single person in the entire world can relate to at least one of these characters. That is why people fell in love with the show. A feeling of \"Hey,there\'s someone out there just like me who just cant seem to find the right person.\" or even \"There\'s someone out there that loves to clean too.\" It also showed us the importance of friends and love. When you have a friend for a long time NEVER let them go. They\'ll be there for you even when the road looks like its coming to the end, but it\'s really just the beginning. And even though it\'s a new beginning you will always remember Your Friends.
  • Six friends living in Manhattan trying to make it in life running into many hilarious obstacles along the way including marriage. Throughout every season you learn more and more about the past like when they were in high school, college, etc. Each seaso

This show is great. The greatest telvision show ever. I love the way you get to know them more and more every season. Personally, my favorite character is Phoebe. She is a true dumb blonde, which is the reason I love her. This isn\'t a show where you have a stupid episode every now and then. Every episode is great!!!!!!!!
  • one of the greates tv shws ever!

that show is a classic. its so great and its very sad that the show ended.
    this funny and hillarius tv show is so succesful because every viewer of the show can identify himself with a character and because all the verity of the characters and the hillarius jokes and curcomstances of the characters.
    every one of the five characters is funny in its on way.
  • funny funny funny :)

It\'s the only reason I wanna waste my time to watch TV...it\'s absoulutely BRILLIANT!! I love every single episode and I memorize all the lines and stuff...I\'m totally obsessed!! It\'s funny, touching and simply awesome. My favourite couple is Ross & Rachel but I love all of them equally haha! It\'s kick-you-in-the-crotch spit-on-your-neck fantastic!!
  • when this show start in 1994 i did not know it was on till 2000. how i knew about it my brother told me have u heard friends and i said i have friends he said no friends tv show on fox. i turn in and watch it.love it .

friends is a show about 6 people live in a building and go to the place where they hang and tell and talk what happen to each other. it tell us what happen in the show. this is show tell u about live friends love sex and be friends forever.
  • This is my personal favorite t.v. series this is an awesome show it's funny this is the best show ever my favorite episode is the one with the football i like a lot of episodes from the 9th season a lot from the 8th the 10th the 6th the 7th

This is a personal favorite of mine my favorite t.v. series it's funny and it's a spectacular series it's about six twenty something friends who live in new york and who spend most of their time in monicas apartment. My favorite episode is the one with the football it's cool
  • This is the greatest show I ever seen. People might make fun of an "African American" watching a show called "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." But this is one odf my favorite shows of all times.

This is the greatest show I ever seen. People might make fun of an "African American" watching a show called "F.R.I.E.N.D.S." But this is one odf my favorite shows of all times. I can't seem to stop watching it. My cousin got me on this show, I have to admit I thought it was going to be stupid but to my surprise it was a great show
  • Living the single life in New York City isn't that hard when you have friends like this.

Friends was the first television show that I felt the need to completely obsess over. The basic idea for the show is simple enough-six friends living in New York City. The friendship between the characters becomes so intimate with the viewer that it's almost impossible not to watch. Who would've guessed back in 1994 that 20 million people would STILL be rooting for Ross and Rachel to get together a decade later, or that Monica and Chandler would even have gotten married! The crazy antics of Phoebe are easily the best moments in any given episode. It's the joy and the occassional pain that these friends have to face that make the show so successful. And while Joey somehow got stupider over the course of ten years, there's not one character that I've found myself hating. Friends is really the only sitcom that I'm able to enjoy and I'm glad it never failed my expectations during its lifespan.
  • The funnist comedy in the world packed with over 200 episodes and 10 series. Full of stars including,jennifer aniston, matt leblanc and matther perry. A true legend of a tv programme.

Friends, where to start, their are so many good things to say about this programme. Lets start with the cast, all of the cast are big stars mainly because of this tv programme, the stars include, jennifer aniston, courtney cox, lisa kudrow,matt leblank, matthew perry and david schwimmer, possibly some of the best actors and actrsses in the world, and not only that friends is jam packed full of celebrities, including, Donny osmond,julia roberts,brad pitt,george clooney and many more.
    The eposodes go back to 1994 where it all began and yet it will still have you in stitches laughing, they have been filmed from london to las vegas in the eposodes,which have all been very well written and all have a touch of class in every single 1 them.
    Its a shame that this programme has stopped being made after 10 years of pure class, so please bring this show back, me and many other people are begging you!!!
  • A story of seven friends that face family, relationship, and work problems. they always have each other no matter what and thats what makes them the best of friends.

The best show i have ever seen! Completely hilarious and heartfelt. when you're crying the great cast does something that makes you laugh like crazy. they always seem to lighten the mood. I'm missing it like crazy! Friends was my own personal drug that made me laugh no matter how bad i was feeling. awesome show, words can't even describe.
  • \"Friends\" ran for a great decade of comedy and fun. Each show had a funny story, and each episode made you laugh, despite whether it was someone\'s funeral or they all were having sex.

When I first saw an episode of \"Friends\" it was some time in late 2000, so I was a little off by some years, but hey I\'m young. Each episode had great story lines, and the character development started from the very first episode, and this doesn\'t often happen w/new TV Shows. In on of the very first episodes, they note how Monica used to be larger in High School, and that followed her for the entire series to follow. Though confusing, the Ross and Rachel relationship was fun to watch as it wen on and off the whole series. Seeing Joey and Phoebe grow as people during the show also was interesting. This is just an awesome series, it\'s a shame it had to end, but all good things do end. So I\'m happy! Release Season 10 ON DVD!
  • A truly great series that is missed by all. It started strong and just carried on getting better and better, reaching world wide audiences and receiving award after award!

Friends is a truly great comedy masterpiece. Unlike some of the other shows that have tried to take over from Friends or have become known as "rivals" of the series, Friends is a wonderful show, that will always remain unique. Even though the show is based on the very simple idea of tracking six friends throughout their daily lives, it hads become a phenomenon. The Friends: Monica Gellar, (Courtney Cox-Arqeutte), Ross Gellar, (David Schwimmer), Rachel Green, (Jennifer Aniston), Pheobe Buffet, (Lisa Kudrow), Chandler Bing, (Matthew Perry), and Joey Tribiani, (Matt Le Blanc), have become cult like figures who have redefined television and popular culture today. They have made it alright and "trendy" to be thirty-something-year-olds struggling in New York. Their trials and tribulations are watched by millions and their charcters have developed subplots that are equally as appealing as the main group plot. What with Joey's TV show, "Days of Our Lives" - "Joey" now being a hit show itself - Ross' remarks, "We were on a break!!", Rachel's trademark haircut that took the world by storm and many more, Friends will always be remembered for changing the world. "So no-one told you life was gonna be this way, your job's a joke, your broke, your love life's DOA, (Dead on arrival), it's like your always stuck in second gear, when it hasn't been your day, your week, your month, or even your year . . . I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour, i'll be there for you, like i've been there before, i'll be there for you, 'coz your there for me toooooooo!! Sums the show up really, doesn't it?
  • Hilarious!!

From bottom to top, from beginning to end, just hilarious, with great actors, superb texts and funny jokes and answers. We'll still be talking about it in 30 years as the best show ever of our early years, that we watched out here in France after school on wednesday afternoons!!
  • Popularity doesn't make a show any less funny.

Sure, this was one of the most popular and trend setting shows ever, but does that make it less funny? No. That just proves how funny it was. This show, no matter what anybody says, would never have been huge if it weren't for the hilarious stories, the clever acting, and the look that inspired much of the 90's and early 00's. We did not tune in because Jeffiner Anniston or Courtney Cox was on it. We tuned in to see Monica be neurotic, Phoebe be weird, Ross freak out about everything, Joey hit on everything that moves, Rachel try not to seem desperate, and Chandler try to make all of the others think he was cool and not gay.
  • Friends is the best show in the world.

Friends is a great show and had one of the most watched season finales of all time. I think Friends should be put back on the air because when the season ended it left me wanting the see how there lives are now that the change is over.
    Joey should go back to New York. I think Friends is a great show and I was sad to see it end. Friends has been a big part of my life and I hope to own all of the DVDs one day.
    It's like they say on the show "I'll Be There For You".
  • God I Love Friends!!!

God i loved Friends, im actually watching season 10 as im writing this. A few of the seasons felt a bit worse than the others but overall it is definately one of my favourite shows ever and will definately be hard to beat.
    I always felt that Ross and Phoebe were the worst characters when the show started but the 2 characters have just got better and better as the series has continued, definately a credit to the writers and actors for turning them into loveable characters worth watching.

Ive heard rumours recently about a Friends movie due to the fact that the cast hasnt had the success outside the show that they thought they would, this would answer my prayers as ive missed watching new Friends.
  • The end of an era...

Very few times will a show captivate me and tug at my heart strings. "Friends" is one of those shows.

The title sums up the whole feel of the show; you literally grow up with these folks and they truly become a part of your life-- your "friends".

The characters were very believable, lovable, and the storylines were memorable.It still came out as the highest rated comedy in its final season, and thanks to the DVD releases, I can watch them over and over again.

Catch it on syndication or buy the DVD's... highly recommended.
  • This a great show with six friends who are enjoing there life

This is my all time favorite show!! I own Seasons 1-9 and waiting for season 10 to come out. I wish they still made friends, so bad!!! This is a great show and everyone would like if they just watched it. Friends is a great, awesome, funny show. (There are two many words to discribe it.) I love Friends!!! lol
  • Friends is the best show in the world. I'm a huge fan.

The show is the funniest comedy show I've ever seen. The perfect actors/actresses for there roles. The great plot lines and set. The fact that it lasted 10 years, means it must have been great. Don't hesitate to watch FRIENDS, just watch it, The best television show in the whole wide world. Watch Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross lighten up your day. Sit back and get ready to laugh.
  • friends is the best show ever

friens is the best show ever it taught me so much i got loads of laughs out of it i think they should bring it back or just make a friends movie if i had to choose my favourite episode i couldn't do it cause they are all fantastic.i particuly enjoy the quset stars on friends like maggie wheeller who plays janice with her O MY GOD!
  • Yes its not really classic, but in a decade or two I can see it being classic.

This show was great, it was hilarious, yet had a sentimental side as well. Who won't rememeber this show? Ross/Rachel had become the most famous tv romance ever. This show was great Matt LeBlanc was extremely hilarious as Joey, Matthew Perry was just as funny in his role as Chandler. Then there was Ross(David Scwimmer) who wasn't slap stick funny quite as much, but still hilarious, and his sister who eventually married Chandler, Monica(Courtney Cox Arquette) who was hilarious in a obsessed way. Then there's Pheobe(Lisa Kudrow) who was funny becuase she was different, then last was Jennifer Anston as Rachel who was funny as well in a stuvk-up sorta way. So you have Ross the nerdy Paleontologist, Chandler the funny friend, Joey the hialrious guy who always has sex, Rachel the hot fashion designest, Monica the ossesive cleanist, and Pheobe the funny gal who grew up on the streets. I could go inot detail with the characters, but I won't. So what made this show so good, was it the relationships, the punch-lines, or simply becuase it was about six friends living in the big city. Well whatever it was we know that from that from the theme song "I'll be there for you" to the ending credits, we've either got a hialrious or romantic or a little bit of both episode sure to spark America's hearts.
  • A show I could not live without, Friends is a comedy saviour for all.

Friends is an absolute legend in my household. It\'s one of those shows that my whole family can enjoy, and I can watch hours and hours of it without getting even slightly bored (my record is 19 episodes in a row).

Centred around the lives of six best friends living in New York City, all the characters have come to be like my best friends. They\'re all unique and different to each other but somehow manage to fit together so well, and the jokes just bounce off each other.

In my personal opinion, the height of the show\'s success was Season 5, when I think the characters had evolved to a great degree and the plot twists were amazing in every episode. Despite this, the show has remained a constant pleaser for me over the last 10 years, and I\'m sure I\'ve seen each episode at least 4 or 5 times.

This will forever be one of my favourite shows, and always will be there to come to the rescue when I\'m feeling down. There are quotes for every occasion (as my friends and I have found), and owning the DVD box sets really fed on my obsession.

One of the most appealing shows ever created, Friends is a must-see for all comedy fans.
  • Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Chandler, Monica, & Joey are 6 20-somethings living in New York.

"FRIENDS" is one of the greatest shows in television history. Classic comic situations & great acting makes this series one of the few sitcoms of pure excellence. Even though the show is now over, I will always be happy to remember having these friends with me every Thursday night for ten years. Its definitely a sad loss for television, but our siz best friends will never be forgotten.
  • 6 friends, Rachel, Monica, Pheobe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross living in Manhatten all have unique personalities and lifestyles.

This is a hilarious show and i didn't think it should have ended. They could have made stories of chandler and monica trying to raise their babies and see emma get older, or see mike and pheobe develop their own marrage. Anyways this is one of the best shows ever and who ever doesn't like this show, i'm sorry but your a dumbass.
  • What's more to say about this sublime and hilarious classic comedy ? I'm a really big fan and it's my favortie show ever !

I'm not gonna tell after all these years why I love Friends because I think like so many people, so that won't be interresting. I jsut wanna say thanks to the 6 of them to "be there for us" for 10 years, and even though our daily fix is over, wen still can visit them whenever we want, God bless home video!
  • Its the best sitcom ever!!!!!

Friends is the best sitcom i have ever seen. We all see a bit of our selfs in every one of the six friends;). Its sad that it has ended, but it couldn´t go on for ever. My favorite is Pheobe. I love her sarcasam. And Rachel is hot ;P .
  • A great, great show. I love it and watch all the time.

I think this show (Friends) is a show which makes t.v great. You can sit back and watch 200+ episodes of pure comedy from 6 friends living in new york. Monica, Chandler, Joey, Rachel, Ross and Phoebe are truly some of the best t.v characters ever. Great, great show. Watch it!
  • This is true TV gold and the truly the best sitcom ever to be made.

Friends began in 1994 when Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) ran into the local coffee shop-hangout after escaping her wedding.

Over the years viewers we introduced to their life stories- some funny, some traginc and their relationships, one of which (Ross and Rachel) which experienced its ups and downs during the shows 10 year run.

We met Chandler's more-than-annoying girlfriend Janice, Emily- Ross's former wife (and control maniac) and even ugly naked guy, who occupied what was to be Ross's future apartmen.

This was excellent because it could laugh itself, it showed comedy and drama at their best and gave viewers a good show, apart from Janice who I want to KILL!! (she is why I took off .2 from a perfect 10 score)

Friends was a truly great show that will be missed.