Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

tt432l

Friends Fan Reviews page 41 of 41

• This a great show with six friends who are enjoing there life

This is my all time favorite show!! I own Seasons 1-9 and waiting for season 10 to come out. I wish they still made friends, so bad!!! This is a great show and everyone would like if they just watched it. Friends is a great, awesome, funny show. (There are two many words to discribe it.) I love Friends!!! lol
  • Friends is the best show in the world. I'm a huge fan.

The show is the funniest comedy show I've ever seen. The perfect actors/actresses for there roles. The great plot lines and set. The fact that it lasted 10 years, means it must have been great. Don't hesitate to watch FRIENDS, just watch it, The best television show in the whole wide world. Watch Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross lighten up your day. Sit back and get ready to laugh.
  • friends is the best show ever

friens is the best show ever it taught me so much i got loads of laughs out of it i think they should bring it back or just make a friends movie if i had to choose my favourite episode i couldn't do it cause they are all fantastic.i particuly enjoy the quset stars on friends like maggie wheeller who plays janice with her O MY GOD!
  • Yes its not really classic, but in a decade or two I can see it being classic.

This show was great, it was hilarious, yet had a sentimental side as well. Who won't rememeber this show? Ross/Rachel had become the most famous tv romance ever. This show was great Matt LeBlanc was extremely hilarious as Joey, Matthew Perry was just as funny in his role as Chandler. Then there was Ross(David Scwimmer) who wasn't slap stick funny quite as much, but still hilarious, and his sister who eventually married Chandler, Monica(Courtney Cox Arquette) who was hilarious in a obsessed way. Then there's Pheobe(Lisa Kudrow) who was funny becuase she was different, then last was Jennifer Anston as Rachel who was funny as well in a stuvk-up sorta way. So you have Ross the nerdy Paleontologist, Chandler the funny friend, Joey the hialrious guy who always has sex, Rachel the hot fashion designest, Monica the ossesive cleanist, and Pheobe the funny gal who grew up on the streets. I could go inot detail with the characters, but I won't. So what made this show so good, was it the relationships, the punch-lines, or simply becuase it was about six friends living in the big city. Well whatever it was we know that from that from the theme song "I'll be there for you" to the ending credits, we've either got a hialrious or romantic or a little bit of both episode sure to spark America's hearts.
  • A show I could not live without, Friends is a comedy saviour for all.

Friends is an absolute legend in my household. It\'s one of those shows that my whole family can enjoy, and I can watch hours and hours of it without getting even slightly bored (my record is 19 episodes in a row).

Centred around the lives of six best friends living in New York City, all the characters have come to be like my best friends. They\'re all unique and different to each other but somehow manage to fit together so well, and the jokes just bounce off each other.

In my personal opinion, the height of the show\'s success was Season 5, when I think the characters had evolved to a great degree and the plot twists were amazing in every episode. Despite this, the show has remained a constant pleaser for me over the last 10 years, and I\'m sure I\'ve seen each episode at least 4 or 5 times.

This will forever be one of my favourite shows, and always will be there to come to the rescue when I\'m feeling down. There are quotes for every occasion (as my friends and I have found), and owning the DVD box sets really fed on my obsession.

One of the most appealing shows ever created, Friends is a must-see for all comedy fans.
  • Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Chandler, Monica, & Joey are 6 20-somethings living in New York.

"FRIENDS" is one of the greatest shows in television history. Classic comic situations & great acting makes this series one of the few sitcoms of pure excellence. Even though the show is now over, I will always be happy to remember having these friends with me every Thursday night for ten years. Its definitely a sad loss for television, but our siz best friends will never be forgotten.
  • 6 friends, Rachel, Monica, Pheobe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross living in Manhatten all have unique personalities and lifestyles.

This is a hilarious show and i didn't think it should have ended. They could have made stories of chandler and monica trying to raise their babies and see emma get older, or see mike and pheobe develop their own marrage. Anyways this is one of the best shows ever and who ever doesn't like this show, i'm sorry but your a dumbass.
  • What's more to say about this sublime and hilarious classic comedy ? I'm a really big fan and it's my favortie show ever !

I'm not gonna tell after all these years why I love Friends because I think like so many people, so that won't be interresting. I jsut wanna say thanks to the 6 of them to "be there for us" for 10 years, and even though our daily fix is over, wen still can visit them whenever we want, God bless home video!
  • Its the best sitcom ever!!!!!

Friends is the best sitcom i have ever seen. We all see a bit of our selfs in every one of the six friends;). Its sad that it has ended, but it couldn´t go on for ever. My favorite is Pheobe. I love her sarcasam. And Rachel is hot ;P .
  • A great, great show. I love it and watch all the time.

I think this show (Friends) is a show which makes t.v great. You can sit back and watch 200+ episodes of pure comedy from 6 friends living in new york. Monica, Chandler, Joey, Rachel, Ross and Phoebe are truly some of the best t.v characters ever. Great, great show. Watch it!
  • This is true TV gold and the truly the best sitcom ever to be made.

Friends began in 1994 when Rachel (Jennifer Aniston) ran into the local coffee shop-hangout after escaping her wedding.

Over the years viewers we introduced to their life stories- some funny, some traginc and their relationships, one of which (Ross and Rachel) which experienced its ups and downs during the shows 10 year run.

We met Chandler's more-than-annoying girlfriend Janice, Emily- Ross's former wife (and control maniac) and even ugly naked guy, who occupied what was to be Ross's future apartmen.

This was excellent because it could laugh itself, it showed comedy and drama at their best and gave viewers a good show, apart from Janice who I want to KILL!! (she is why I took off .2 from a perfect 10 score)

Friends was a truly great show that will be missed.
  • Show of 6 friends

Why did they get rid of this. It was the perfect show. They would of stayed on top for at least 10 more years. Many more ideas out there. I just loved the show. I have season 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 on DVD. Monica, Chandler, Joey, Ross, Rachel, Pheobe
  • I love this show! It is sooo amazingly great! I became super obsessed with it about 2 years ago, and now I know just everything about the show. Even down to what they wear in some of the episodes!

This truely is a great and amazing show. It has the abililty to connect to so many viewers and it is always very funny. I was so depressed when it went off of the air, but then I found Joey, which isn't as great but it is still funny. I don't think that there will be a show as unique and funny as Friends. Yeah, I am too obsessed, I have two of the boardgames and I also had a friends till the end party for when it ended.
  • The best TV series ever released

Like every one I love FRIENDS.This is the worlds most spectacular series ever and no one can be better than them.I loved friends from the moment i saw the first episode until the last episode and i wish there would be more seasons of friends. I almost cried when i found out that the series would come to an end.
  • Friends is the best show ever!

I love this show. You never get bored, there's always something to laugh about. Chandler always has something funny to say, Joey is always hungry and Ross always has something smart to say. I ones watched Friends the whole day without get tired. I think Friends is the best show ever and theres no show that can top that!
  • Ok so i thought i'f put it back because i hate seeing deleted everytime i log in.

How far can society be judged by the television programmes it watches? Discuss using examples from 'Friends'

Second Draft

“I’ll be there for you”. Are they? We were coaxed to believe that they would stay with us forever, we were safe and secure. After ten years of increasing triumph, our best television friends left the small screen to embark upon more rewarding challenges. Yet, even after watching every single episode we still wake up early to catch the seven o’clock re-runs on Channel 4, risking the early morning traffic jams and being late for work (not that you appear late as pretty much everyone arrives late together). The fact that our society has been declining in attitudes towards the protection of children (as it was aired after the nine p.m. watershed) shows that we have more interest in our own relationships and guidance for them rather than the impact upon the younger generations.

Were you sitting in front of your television screen in 1994 eagerly anticipating the first episode of Friends, ready to become hooked into the lives, loves and limitations of Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Monica? Or were you sceptical about the actual reason for the show? So what if there are six friends living in The Village together? Aren’t most people living like that anyway? This half-hour comedy started with six twentysomething friends who face life and love in New York. Now, they are six thirtysomething friends with older, bigger concerns but are still facing life and love in New York.

This show, as many shows nowadays, doesn’t depict real life. These are six friends who have stayed together for ten years and they live across the hall from each other (in the case of Ross and Phoebe, across the street from each other) and nobody moves until ten years have passed. But we still become involved because the show depicts what we want life to be like, it ignites a spark of hope for the young souls who want to have fun. We see ourselves in them. We want to go to a coffee shop every day and discuss our lives with our friends and have quick wit. That is the problem with shows like this, they squash out the individuality of the audience, and we all want to be like Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler or Monica because their lives seem perfect, even when they have a problem it can be solved with a joke. The most common phrase in Friends, ‘we were on a break!’ now gives people reason to cheat on their loved ones, because if Ross and Rachel can get over it, everyone can. Or can they?

Also, when Joey sets Phoebe on a blind date he calls out the name Mike in a coffee shop and assumes he’d be alright for her. If he truly was a friend he should have at least checked up on him, or been honest with Phoebe. Granted they did get married eventually but what if Mike was some freak-like serial killer? I have the feeling that phoebe wouldn’t be too happy with him if that was the case. It’s these child-like discrepancies which make the whole world of Friends the place that we want to be, where we can let our hair down and depend entirely on our friends.

From the moment the approachable, original, handwritten letters of the word ‘F•R•I•E•N•D•S’ appears into view of the first frame of the opening title sequence we are drawn into the world that is Friends. We then see a bright orange sofa lit up by a tasselled stand lamp connotating that life is comfortable. We see this sofa in a grassy area, which will be later revealed as Central Park. The majestic fountain is turned on with gold lights making the fountain seem as if it is raining gold, suggesting that life is not only comfortable but also plentiful. The first of the friends that we see is a pretty young woman who we find out is Rachel Green played by Jennifer Aniston. She walks to the orange sofa alone wearing a white top and a black miniskirt. As she comes on alone it suggests that she is single and she looks rather vulnerable. A single, pretty, vulnerable, young woman may encourage a male audience because it will allow them to get associated with the character on a more intimate level and they feel as if they can protect her. The rest of the cast follow on: Ross Geller played by David Schwimmer; Phoebe Buffay played by Lisa Kudrow; Joey Tribbiani played by Matt LeBlanc, Chandler Bing played by Matthew Perry and Monica Geller played by Courteney Cox (now Courteney Cox Arquette). In the next few frames we see them playing in the fountain looking very happy and displaying a child-like behaviour. We see Ross and Monica dancing together so we establish a connection between them. The names of the cast, like the show title, are handwritten and approachable. They look towards the camera inviting you into their lives.

In conclusion, the impact Friends has had on society is, in my opinion, both good and bad. It is bad it the way that we have become less individual by mimicking the actions, phrases and looks (the Rachel- now a universal word among hairdressers globally) instead of allowing ourselves to be free within our own reasons. It is good, however, in the way that it has increased the confidence of the audience by letting us feel like we can do anything within our own limits, and maybe even further.

If Friends has had all these detrimental effects, is it all bad news? Well no; in fact there are positive aspects too. For example, it has given women a way to look forward: when Rachel dropped all her parental support, got a job in a coffee shop and boosted her career when she went to work in Bloomingdales and Ralph Lauren. It shows that we, as women do not need to be held under the thumb of somebody and live a life of forced, constrained luxury; we can get to know the real world. When Monica lost weight and began to be more appreciated by her peers, though many people may say that this appreciation due to slimness is very stereotypical, it also draws our conscience onto health matters. Obesity is fast becoming a fatal problem here in the UK and across the pond in the US. Increase in heart attacks due to fatty deposits in the arteries is making life expectancy lower each month.

So is Friends a reflection of society? Probably not, since it was, after all, television fiction, not social fact. ‘I’ll be there for you’… Well the re-runs certainly are.

• American sitcom about six best friends finding love and work and happiness but sometimes it doesnt work out for them. The six friends have made us all laugh for 10 years and still make us laugh today.

I really love this show so much, my favorite season is season 1. In the beginning we get to learn about all the characters and find out who they are and what they like. It is hilarious when they have guest stars appearing on the show, i thought Susan Saradon was a brilliant guest appearence on the show in season 7. Monica Gellar (Courtney Cox) is my favorite character because she loves to keep things tidy and she is sometimes loud and she is a bit of a control freak. Monica i find to be more funny then the other two girls, Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow)is only funny when she plays her songs and she can be funny some other times, Jennifer Aniston (Rachel Green) is not funny but i do like her and i still think she is great, i do love it when she starts to cry. Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) is one of my favoties out of the other two guys he is so hilarious when he makes his sarcastic comments and jokes. I dont really like Joey much because he turns stupid in season 6 which i thought was a bad idea. Ross Gellar (David Schwimmer) is funny but he acts like a little girl who is scared of telling the truth. This is one of the best American sitcoms ever made and it will always be my number 1 American show.

• Friends is about the life, love, and laughs of six friends living in Manhattan.

This is my favorite show of all time. Monica, Rachel, Joey, Ross, Phoebe, and Chandler are my friends. Everytime I turn on the TV to watch "Friends", I feel I am with them in Monica's apartment or even in Central Perk. This show is without a doubt the best sitcom of all time.

Similar Shows:
    "Joey": The spin-off. At the end of "Friends", Ross & Rachel got back together, Phoebe got married, Chandler & Monica adopted twins, but what happened to Joey? Watch this show if you liked the character of Joey to find out how he's doing with his sister Gina and her son Michael in Hollywood. This is my second fav sitcom after "Friends".

"That 70s Show": Six friends and their lives and laughs in Wisconsin. This sitcom shows how teenagers where living in the 70s with their friends and families. This show is similar to "Friends" because it is about six friends smoking, dancing, eating, and more importantly hanging out together in Eric Foreman's basement. These 6 characters remind me of the characters of "Friends" when they were much younger.
36 37 38 39 40 41 >