Friends

NBC (ended 2004)

neomichel

Friends Fan Reviews page 6 of 41

• best show ever

The show "Friends" is one of the best shows of all time. I always felt like I was a part of the lives of the characters, and always cheered them on or cried with them. Ross, Monica, Joey, Chandler, Phoebe and Rachel became a part of pop culture and the chemistry between the six was amazing. The flashback episodes were always my favorite, but I will always remember Ross and Rachels first kiss, Monica and Chandlers tearful dual proposals, and when joey fell in love with Rachel. The last episode left me sad knowing that my thurs. nights would never bee the same without the gang and central perk. I know there will always be reruns, but it's just not the same. I would love to see a movie reunion just to see what the writers would come up for the characters futures.
  • This show is so good that you will become addicted! I know I have.

In my opinion, this show is something that everyone should watch...it will make you realize the importance of friendship and also bring you up whenever you feel down and lonely. The humor will make you laugh inspite all the problems you have and you are going to feel fulfilled. It is not just about the humor it is about closeness as it should be between friends mixed with the amusing situations in life. Also the dialog has been carefully constructed. Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Ross, Chandler and Joey are parts of my life and who I am, I grew up with them and I recommend this show to everyone.
  • Love This Show

Three Simple Words: I Love It!. I Always Watch Repeats and Still Laught Out Loud At The Jokes. I Dont Actually Have A Favourite Character, I Love Them All. Monica, Who Always Has To Be The Best At Anything and Everything, Rachel, With Her Good Looks and Her Spoilt Personality, Phoebe, The Free Willed Eccentric Musician, Joey, The Girl Magnet, Chandler, The Funny, Weird, and Sarcastic One, and Then Theres Ross, He Makes Himself Sound Stupid, His Anger Issues! Which Are Always Funny, and His Unrequited-For-Years Love Of Rachel!
    All This Just Adds To A Sitcom Worth Watching, Whether To Cheer Yopu Up when Your Down...Or Just To Finish Off A Perfect Day..Theres Never A Bad Time To Watch Friends!
  • The first show I was ever addicted to!! I own every episode on DVD!!

There is really not much left to say about this amazing show...but I will try. It set the standard for comedic sitcoms. You grew up with your favortie friends...and each episode promised a hearty dose of laughter...and drama. Whether you were hoping that Ross and Rachel would stay together, cracking up when Joey said "How you doin'", laughing at Chandler's sarcasm, rolling your eyes at Monica's perfectionism, or becoming more and more confused with each sentence Phoebe utters.....there was just that special something that made you come back to watch this show every thursday night. I can honestly say that I truly do miss this show. You feel like you are a part of the gang as they journey through their lives full of marriages, babies, new loves, new enemies, new jobs..and just all around change that you continue to support. Everyone knows this show---and most loved it! Like I said...I miss it terribly...but Friends will def. go down in history as one of the best shows ever!
  • The most perfect cretion ever made by the man You must own every single DVD

Friends ran in NBC from 1994 to 2004 and is one of the best shows ever! It was the first tv show I have ever been adicted to. In ten years the show has become a world classic, having fans all over the globe. Joey, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Monica and Chandler brought fun to millions of homes, without once being boring. That's why it has become one of the most popular and watched shows in United States' history. There aren't enough words to describe how great this sow is and how it changed a lot of people's lives. And that's what I can say about this WONDERFUL show
  • Love it, Love it, Love it

this is one of the best comedy shows ever its about 6 friends who through easy and hard stick together the friends are Ross, Chandler, Phoebe, Joey, Monica and Rachel. this show is really what most comedy shows are about it is funny but most of the time its funny in its own unique way. Friends has the potential to be one of the greatest comedy shows. sadly friends finished in 2004 so no more were made and many of the actors have moved on to other great shows. but to many people Friends will hold a very special place in their life just as it always will.
  • God I Love This Show! Its Definlty My Fav Show Ever!

Friends Is Just Amazing!
    It Made Me Cry And It Made Me Laughed!
    I Definlty Wished This Amazing Show Never Ended, I Watch It On Dvd all the time!
    The Bond Between Them Is Amazing, The Bond In Real Life And On Stage!
    Ross and Rachel getting old? How could it? Do relationships get old in real life? No, they're ongoing, sometimes stagnating, sometimes changing. Thats REAL.

This show is about 6 people who love each other like family...which I must say as an 12 1/2 year old... is very real.You grow both closer to and further from your biological family, and as you reach more independence, you adopt another family of your own: your Friends.

We may not all sit in coffee shops, but we all LOVE our friends like they were blood. That's what this show is about. Makes you all warm and fuzzy (and sore from laughing) inside. And as a show: Friends will always be a part of My family.
    Love At First Sight!
  • THE BEST SHOW EVER!

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!
    I watch it religiously! haha
    They need to come back for a reunion episode, maybe even another season!

It was a heartwarming & down-to-earth show. It was a show about friendship, & with 10 season, you just got to watch everyone grow. And just by watching it, I felt as if I was actually one of their friends. It's comforting to know that some things in life don't let you down. No matter how bad things get in my life, I know that I can just sit down & watch episodes on TV to get away from all the troubles in my life. It's always something that can bring my boyfriend & I together after a fight; with all the loving, & caring relationships in the show, like Chandler & Monica, Ross & Rachel, even the Joey-Chandler relationship can turn a few teary moments into laughter & joy.

Speaking of the show, I gotta go watch another episode! =]
  • Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and Joey are all friends living in New York City just trying to figure out their jobs and their relationships. There ups and downs they are always there for each other.

I use to watch it when I was little but I never got anything that was going on. Then a couple of years ago I started to watch reruns and fell in love with it. I loved the story lines even though some could get extremely repetitive and the same thing again like Ross and Rachel. The cast did a great job taking on their roles but I don't think they deserved a million dollars an episode at the end, even though David Schwimmer did a great job at the end with his character. Overall I love this series and will continue to still deeply miss it even though I didn't watch it when it was new.
  • The best show ever made

This is the best show ever made.... so sad that it had to end :(
    Just finished watching the last two episodes and interviews with the actors on youtube, i can't stop crying. ... would be the happiest man on earth, if there was an 11 season 5-6-7 years in the future, with all the same actors :)

Id don't think that in the near future, something so good will go on TV again. Of'course there are other good shows, but nothing can compare with this one. I'll continue watching the re-runs, with some hope that i've forgotten some of the series. Love you all friends!!!!!!
  • One of my all time favorite tv sitcoms ever!!

Friends is very funny, always nice to watch. I have a couple seasons on DVD myself! My favorite character on friends would have to be Chandler. He is the funniest character and is like me is a complete smartmouth. I wish they could have a reunion episode ten years from now and it informs you what happened in there life the past ten years, It would be fantastic to see! No other sitcom could ever compare to friends. not Seinfeld, not that 70's show, not even the fresh prince of bel-air could even scratch the surface of what friends were and I will miss this great show when it is not on tv anymore but at least i'll have the DVD's!
  • Amazing

I love Friends. I love everything about Friends. No matter how many times I have seen any episode, there is always something (usually many things) that make me laugh. This is why I think friends will remain one of my all time favourite TV shows forever.

The comedy in this show is brilliant. All the actors do an amazing job, and the timing of the comedy is fantastic.

All 10 season were amazing and I was so sad when it ended. Friday nights have never been the same since it went off the air!

I could literally watch any episode again and again... the true sign of a brilliant show and one which continues to be missed.
  • I LOVE FRIENDS!

This must be my favorite show. I go through these phases where I love old sitcoms. I have only been a fan of the show for 2 months and seen every episode and own them all on dvd. i would like to get more dvds. I am always on youtube looking at videos of the former cast. i watched some ones by hollywoodtv, the paparazzi ones, and I felt bad, like i was a stalker. Even though it's only been 2 months, all my friends know about my huge obsession with the show. Whenever anyone might ask where i am, the most logical answer would be watching friends, cause I LOVE FRIENDS!
  • Friends is a great show.

Friends is about six friends living in New York. In a lot of episodes at lease 2 of the 6 friends have a problem. It's really a great show. If you watch it you'll most likely laugh out loud. Friends is such a good show to watch. Chandler, Joey, Ross, Phoebe, Rachel and Monica are so fun to watch and there great actors and actresses. I watch this show almost everyday and it doesn't seem to get old. I wish it wouldn't have ended but it did so I say over all its a great show and you laugh when you watch it.
  • Best word to describe Friends : 'Perfection'

Well what can be said about friends that hasn't been said countless times before? Friends has been analysed and dissected so often that it's a wonder that the six actors aren't covered in bruises! There is really nothing left new to say, so all that I can do is say it again in my own, inimitable way.

Quite simply, friends is probably the funniest programme you will ever see. The jokes are exquisitely timed and thought out, and they do not rely on one kind of humour - there is witty one-liners and visual comedy, comedy gleamed from mere facial expressions and simply hilarious situations - well it is a situation comedy! The writers have managed to take the simplest situation - six twenty-something friends and their loves, careers, and family problems - and make something that is pure gold to watch.

Each twenty minute episode is jam-packed with quality gags, and not a single episode goes by without a number of laughs to be had. The writing is top quality, the acting is flawless, and the outstanding cast is constantly backed up by a superb supporting cast and a roll-call of Hollywood (and British!) talent dropping by from time to time as guest stars. But where Friends' real success lies is in making the viewers genuinely care about its' six characters - we feel for them, we laugh with them, cry with them, and we grow up with them over the course of their ten years. We see the characters change, grow, evolve over the ten series, and while they change, they also remain at the core those same twenty-something guys we became friends with.

Some say that the later series didn't have the same punch, or the same high quality of writing and performances as the earlier seasons, and to a certain extent this is true. The gags don't feel quite as tight or sharp in the later series as in those early lightning quick early season episodes, and the characters in some respects don't so much as grow as become almost caricatures of their former selves. The early personalities are still there, but grown out of all proportion. Joey gets unbelievably dumber, Chandler more and more sarcastic, Monica frighteningly OCD....you get the idea. They have become grotesque cartoon versions of their earlier selves. But yet, somehow, the magic remains. We still love them. And while the gags may not constantly stream at a dizzying height of quality towards the end, thee is still plenty there to make us laugh.

And that is where Friends succeeds above many many inferior shows. It just tries to make us laugh. Occasionally we will cry, be shocked etc as well, but never forget that Friends is a sitcom at heart. Maybe it should have been finished a couple of series earlier, or maybe we couldn't bear to let it go. One thing is for sure, the departure of this terrific sitcom left one hell of a void in our programming. There will never be the like of friends again - though beware cheap imitations!
  • This show is the funniest show ever.

Friends is the funniest show ever, because they do all these funny things. My favorite character is Febee, because she did do alot of funny strange things. My 2nd Favorite character is Joey, because he isn't that smart, but he did do alot of funny strange things. My 3rd favorite character is Chanler, because he always makes fun of Joey. My 4th favorite character is Rachel, because Rachel Is so.... I don't remember why she just is. My 5th favorite character is Ross, because he is so scientific and smart. My 6th favorite is Monica, because she is so funny. This is my Friends review.
  • "I'll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour, I'll be there for you, like I been there before..." "Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you, smelly cat, smelly cat, it's not your fault", Monica, Chandler, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, and Joey...

"How you doin?" Man oh man where do I begin. Let me start by saying that FRIENDS is the funniest show EVER! The comedy on that show was genius! You will never (let me repeat never) find a show as funny as this. FRIENDS had the most original comedy, they had great timing, the cast all great Jennifer, Lisa, Matt, Courtney, Matthew, and David. Not to mention all the hysterical guests. Janice! "You call out to me like a fog horn, Janice...Janice, you love me chandler bing (she says something to that matter) "OH...MY...GAWD". There really isn't much to say about FRIENDS except for you don't know what you're missing if you have never seen an episode before! Man, I have season 1-10 on DVD, and you should see all the memorabilia books and crap that I have. I am such a fan, but too bad it ended. Like Jennifer Aniston said though "it's better to leave when they still love you, instead of them saying you should have left years ago." Now I'll leave you with some funny quotes from FRIENDS! Ross: I'll call the super
    Monica: here let me try
    Ross: Oh, oh that's right, I forgot about your ability to fuse metal
    Monica: hey, it's funny's cousin, not funny!

Monica: Oh my god, how cute is the on call doctor?
    Rachel: So cute, I'm thinking about jamming this pen in my eye

(chandler is standing outside waiting for Phoebe) Joey: Phoebe here with the cab yet?
    Chandler: Yeah, she brought the invisible cab, hop in (motions to nothing)

Joey: Pheebs, you wanna help?
    Phoebe: Oh, I wish I could but, I don't want to
  • One Of My All-Time Favorites,

Aniston/Cox/Kudrow/LeBlanc/Perry/Schwimmer; all winners. OK, snobbish purists...denigrate the show all you want. Aniston is this generations Lucy or Coca...and I could make similar comparisons for all of the other regulars. I realize that it is just "too hip" to trash the show when, of course, you realize you are just "so far above that sort of thing," but you miss the point. It is funny. It ain't cerebral...it is just funny. Yeah, it has "Ca-Ca, pooh-pooh," and sexual innuendo, double entendre, and cheap gags,but it also has some great stuff. Who does a double take better(and more affectedly) than LeBlanc? Who is more ditsy (for a Vassar girl) than Kudrow. Who is more witty than Perry. Who has done her best and never gotten any credit than Cox? Who tops Schwimmer for Yiddisher humor? If you are searching for a documentary about the so-called "yuppy lifestyle," please turn on PBS.

Please do give us a break. We are all quite impressed by your effete sophistication and pedantry, but please, do drop your pretense and quit being so pompous! Just enjoy and have fun.

Many of you film snobs think you are the very incarnation of Roger Ebert. Well, sorry...the job is taken. It may shock some of you to realize that some of us watch TV shows because we want to be entertained, not edified, and we just want to feel good and laugh at Theater of the Absurd.

We are all really, really impressed with you cynics out there; with your trashing of this show. Can we BE more superior? I wonder how many of you have actually acted, or taken courses in television production? Probably not many. This show can be fun, even to people with a +3 Sigma IQ. If you can laugh at Oscar Wilde, or Monty Python, or Fawlty Towers...why not just open your mind and enjoy? For those of you who "hate" the show, please note that every single TV remote ever manufactured comes equipped with a rather large button (usually red) that makes mention of the term "POWER" or "OFF."

Just my two cents.
  • My second favourite show of all time!

Friends might possibly be the funniest show on TV! The characters seem to be completely crazy but together with the situations they are put into, their characters makes us see a bit of our own personality or friends crazy antics and makes the show have this air of realism that fans adore it for. The writers definitely deserve a medal for this might be one of the most well written sit-coms of all time. It doesn't make you turn of the TV set because they are unbelievably nutty or fall asleep because their so real it's dull. There is a rumour about saying that they are thinking of making a friends movie and if it's true, let me say that I will be first in line waiting for my ticket because I LOVE friends and I will fly all the way to New York just to see that movie first! Friends = the best sit-com ever to hit the tv!
  • Not really my new best friend but these actors are wonderful and hilarious.

Sometimes I wish I was friends with these people because they can be so funny and nice. Soetimes they're annoying(like Ross' "on a break" thing) but I love this show all the same. Phoebe and Chandler are my favourite characters. my order goes Chandler and Phoebe, Joey and Monica, then Rachael and Ross. I also think that Monica and Chandler are such a cute couple, Phoebe and Mike too.Joey is so adorable when he acts like a young child, normally when he's sad. my favourite line is "I wanted t'go to the strip club!" rachael and Ross are the two who can be the most annoying but sometimes the others can be the same. The annoying is funny though unlike some other shows. I hope to see this show alot more.
  • well to sum up in a few words, best thing that ever happened, in t.v life.

friends, have contributed, massively, they may have been over since 2004, but they have always been remembered for non-stop entertainment, for a decade, they did from season 1 to season 10, and all the dramas, in this sitcom, hilarious joey, with his famous catchphrase 'how you doing?'
    phoebe with here wild and wacky sense of humour, chandler for his pure style of funny jokes which would humour me for hours,monica and her obssessive cleaning habit,ross, with his boring lectures and his countless marriages and divorces, and finally rachael with her dumb wityness, but still we love her, this lot we wont forget in a hurry, friends forever.
  • A show about six friends living the ups, downs, and turn arounds, of adulthood in no other than New York City.

This show has provided non stop entertainment for viewers of all ages for a decade. From Joey's classic line to Ross's unintentional nerdiness. The thing thats special about this show is that the friends incounter many MANY waky things in their lives but the problems they face can relate to a lot of viewers very easily. The theme song " I'll Be There for You " could not have been a more perfect choice, because they really are there for each other especially when "the rain starts to poor". While watching this show you'll be sure to catch yourself saying "Remember when?" or even trying to match your friends with the Friends on the show (he is DEFIANTLY CHANDLER or she could not be more like Rachel!). I guarantee you'll love this show !
  • A brilliant show about 6 friends (hence the title) named Monica, Chandler, Joey, Phoebe, Rachel and Ross, living in new york.

As i said above this is a brilliant comedy about 6 friends living in modern-day New York, helping each other through life and making great entertainment in the process.I'll tell you a bit about the characters, Joey is an actor and is the funniest of the 6, he seems to be a bit dopey, but comes through for his friends when they need him. Monica is a bit of a busy-body who is uptight and afraid to take risks. Rachel is the rich girl who when she came to New York she was still using her fathers credit cards. Ross is the smart Palentologist (Think thats how it's spelt:D) and Monica's brother. Chandler is your average joe who is married to Monica. Phoebe is the airhead (sorry Phoebe) singer-songwriter who brought us songs like "Smelly Cat". There is also the sarcastic waiter, from the coffee shop "Central Perk", Gunther who makes jokes about every one, and has a major crush on Rachel.

I really recommened this show to everyone!
  • This show is pretty much a classic and original. Every episode always leaves me with a huge smile no matter how upset i was before i was watching the show.

Thursday nights haven't been the same since this show has been canceled. I started watching it when my older sister introduced me to it when she was babysitting me. It became a routine for us and was a perfect way to spend time with each other.

I understand that over time people would get tired of playing the same role for so many years and that eventually a show needs to be canceled. Even given that, i really wish the show would come back for at least one or two new episodes [reunion].

Overall, I LOVE this show. If you haven't seen it before i would definitely recommend watching it (at least a few episodes) before you give any opinion on it.
  • Love this show!..

My parents let me watch this show when I was 10, but to be honest I think it's best for 12 and older. The show is halarious (especially Joey and Chandler) and it has a great plot. Everyone says this show is just another sex and the city (which is funny especially carry and samantha) but I disagree. Although it has it's fair share of sexuality and jokes about sex I think it has a good message. The message is that their friends so they'll do anything for them. Even though their usually in sticky situations about sex the other friend is always there to back him up. A must see!
    Some of the characters are funny and always on target. Channler and Joey are always funny providing comic relief for the show. Phoebe is always a hit or miss, either shes really fun or just plain dumb. Monica is so rarely funny that most episodes with a lot of her are the worst ones. Ross is funny in a weird way with his nerdiness and unathleticism. Rachel is sometimes funny but she good looking so it makes up for it as Phoebe and Monica are not good looking. Overall the show is good but not fantastic, it is worth watching but not recording.
  • Greatest sitcom ever.

Being English I have never been a great fan of American humour but this show is the exception to the rule. In a run of ten years and over 230 episodes I can only think of perhaps four or five that didn't really come off. I like the way that it didn't allow any one character to dominate the show and made sure each Friend had a storyline in every episode. The writers also succeeded where may other shows failed in that even when developing long term storylines, such as relationships, the adoption, various pregnancies, they still maintained the comedy level.
  • One of the best shows ever!

I don't think that till this day they ever made a better sitcom than Friends. This show just works, and everything about this show is absolutely fabulous. Of course where would this series be without our favorite six friends ever. All the characters that were on this series were lovable and always a great pleasure to watch. I love how they are all so different, yet such good friends. There was not one character that fell out the boat. This is one of the series where I can watch the episodes over and over again. And luckily I have all ten seasons on DVD, so I can watch it whenever I want.
  • Five words..."I'll be there for you!"

I've sat through many subpar or downright unfunny sitcoms during my life, and I'm happy to say that this show is not one of them. Friends revolves around, well six friends in their twenties (and later thirties) living in New York City. The premise is simple, but perfect. Viewers can't help but wish they could spend their afternoons sipping coffee at Central Perk with Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross. I have seasons one through ten on DVD and every single episode has made me laugh. So please, for the love of God, turn off According to Jim and watch Friends re-runs. You will not be disappointed.
  • i love this show it's funny wach it ! they rule i like the joey and rachel storry part's most i love the best of friend's if ure looking 4 a good show go to see this show a laph and a good expirience i hope they continue this show !

a good show ill be thinking wile in my room then i realize i recorded friend's awsome it is funny cool and they r grate actor's look 4 there show and i love the event's i love this show the actor's are awsome and hallariouse when it is on ill stop putting a fire out i i was a fire fighter ! they rule i like the joey and rachel storry part's most i love the best of friend's if ure looking 4 a good show go to see this show a laph and a good expirience rockon and i hope they continue this show ! i think thet all of them r verry good andi realized that they are 3 girl's and 3 boy's early er and said this is gonna rock not one flaw any one who hate's this show is not a true wacher and maybe only has heard wrong becouse it is the best frome the beginning !

so wach friend's on my behalph !
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10