Friends

The Last One (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 06, 2004 on NBC

• my way

Loved it
  • Could it "be" any better?

For ten years Friends accompanied us. Am I sad that it is over? No. Will I miss it? Yes, of course.

Many successful TV series have the sad habit to stay longer on the air than absolutely necessary. It happened with the “Cosby Show”, and it is happening with “That 70’s show” now. You just have to know, when to walk away and let go.

I was worried that Friends might end up like Seinfeld, who produced one of the worst series final in television history, or would break the 3rd wall like they did on “Fresh Prince of Bel Air”. But instead the writers pulled of a really exciting and – yes, even if it’s sound lame – good episode, by given the fans what they really wanted.

Watching “The Last One” I honestly have to say that this episode was the perfect ending to a perfect sitcom. Sure it was not the funniest episode, but it did what it was supposed to do: give the audience a satisfactory conclusion.
  • Super cool

Funny cool
  • A great show found its perfect ending.

It seems like only yesterday when we watched Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, Joey and Ross sitting and chatting in Central Perk when Rachel rushed through the door in her wedding dress. 10 years later, it's still those six people. Still in New York. Still there for each other every single day. Still best friends.

The Last One is the perfect finale for the show. Monica and Chandler finally having their babies. Phoebe finally being with the man she loves. Joey...well, he's still Joey. But he'll find his way in his spin-off. And Ross and Rachel finally together again, after all this time.

This episode made me cry. Not only because it's the last one. But also because it's more we could've ever hoped and asked for. After watching all 10 seasons of the show, I'm convinced this is the way it was supposed to end.
  • Amazing finale.

You knwow sometimes, when a TV finale comes on, and when it ends, your like "That was such a bad way to end the show" Well, this finale did not end bluntly. It tied all loose ends in my opinion, it was a perfect way to end this wonderful series. I shed a tear,w ehn everyone walked out of the apartment. And I cringed when Rachel ended up going on the plane saying sorry to Ross. When she got off the plane, I jumped for joy! And then she kissed Ross. There finally together after almost 7 years of being on a break. Joey gets Chick & Duck Jr. Monica & Chandler take care of the babies. The gang returns their keys, and cuts to finish. Perfect!
  • A delicious and definitely satisfying culmination to what just may be the best (and most loved) sit-com of all time *sob*

Friends, Friends, Friends... what can I say? 10 years after Rachel comes staggering into Central Perk wearing a sodden wedding monstrosity and invites herself into Monica's apartment and her kooky circle of friends, the producers have decided that the fitting conclusion would be Rachel's departure. The show has come full circle, a full decade, a full journey. It's still as funny, kooky, heart warming and original as it ever was, and the writers and actors maintain those qualities to the very end. No fan will be disappointed. The only negative thought I had was 'What? No reunion movie?' Definitely one to watch.
  • Ended with a bang!

I have watched this show since the begining. It never fails to excite me. However, when I first heard that season 10 was going to be the last season, I was depressed. After watched the show for years, it grew on me, and they became my "friends" as you might say =D. It was an excellent way to create a possible and ethical ending to a great season. Even after the show ended I bought all ten seasons and watch them frequently. I am glad that such a wonderful group of actors brought so much joy to the entertainment industry.
  • definitely didnt want it to end, but was glad it ended like this

i loved friends and was so sad to see it end, but i guess it had to eventually and this is absolutely the best way possible. there were no loose ends, every character was taken care of and in a good place where you know theyre happy. but the writers didnt give too much either, just enough was left to the imagination.

nothing in the episode was strange or different. this finale was done in true friends style, nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary. the only thing i would change would be the end, the last scene. i would have liked to see the show come full circle. i think the last thing we shouldve seen was the six friends sitting in the coffee house drinking coffee and talking about nothing, similar to the pilot. i didnt like that the last scene in the coffee house was one that wasnt acknowledged.

overall, perfect ending to a spectacular show
  • The amazing series finale

This is without a doubt the best eposode of the series. I loved how Ross thought Rachel didn't tell him goodbye because he didn't mean as much to her. Then she corrects him and they make love the night before she moves to Paris. She tells him that it was the perfect way to say goodbye and she'll never forget it. Ross realizes that he is still in love with Rachel and goes after her. He heads to the airport with Phoebe but it's the wrong airport. They head to the right airport but not before Rachel was boarding the plane. Phoebe shouts for Rachel and Ross tells her about his feelings for her and Rachel still get on the plane. Then Rachel calls Ross and tells him she loves him and Ross hears that she was trying to get off the plane. It beeps, stopping the message right before he finds out if she gets off. Did she get off the plane? What does the future have in stored for Ross and Rachel?
  • Did she get off the plane?

And so it is the end of friends!!!

I was really sad to see this great show end! The series had been amazing and to end what in my opinion was the funniest show on TV was so sad!!

But the finale is brilliant, with the whole Rachel Ross thing (ahhh) and Monica and Chandler leaving the appartment behind to start their new life with the twins!

I think I was disappointed with the final scene tho... but having said that I'm not sure how else I would have ended it (maybe I was just disappointed as I knew it was the end) but I do think that the final scenes could have been stronger!
  • The end of one of the classic shows of tv. Full of laughs and surprises.

the episode that means a full stop in "friends" life couldn't be better. after all those ten years making us laugh, all the six stories have the finale they deserve.
    monica and chandler having their babies, joey living together again with the duck and chiken, phoebe married with a great guy, and the best thing of all, something that all "friends" fans were waiting, rachel and ross together again after all those seasons taking a break.
    the finale scene when they left they keys of the apartment is perfect for express the situation: start a new live apart.
    With all those things is going to be impossible not to cry and miss them!
  • I love this episode.

I think this episode was really great, the first time I watched it I thought it was not that good, I was hoping that Rachel had either left for Paris or stayed with Joey, but I guess with Matt LeBlanc's having his spin off was practically imposible this last one. After I bought the DVDs of the entire series I watched the whole show since the beginning and I realized that there was no better ending but Rachel staying in New York and ending up with Ross. Another thing I loved was seeing Monica and Chandler with their babies and Phoebe having a normal life finally. About Joey I would have liked that he hooked up with someone and end up in a formal relationship. The final scene in which everybody leaves their keys was perfect, for me it's one of the greatest scenes in the show.
  • Great episode! awesome way to end the series!

this was actually a nice ending to the show, it was very conclusive and i liked it a lot. some parts i thought were funny:
    ~how nobody but the doctor knew Erica was having twins
    ~how joey asks for a muffin when Ross and Phoebe leave to go see Rachel before she boards the plane
    ~when Rachel boards the plane and says her seat number is the same as her bra size
    ~when the twins are born and then Mike and Phoebe start talking about babies
    ~and when the Foosball table had to be broken apart to save chick jr. and duck jr. i also really liked the end, when they all give up their keys and all that stuff, it was very sweet.
  • This is the episode that ends the 10 best years of Television. FRIENDS is Truly the Best Show Ever made!

This episode actually brought tears to my eyes, i was so sad to see this brilliant Comedy, I cant explain how i felt knowing its actually ended. I couldnt belive it. The lives of these truly beautiful 6 friends touched people emotionly it sure did with me. I will never forget it.
    Nothing will ever replace Friends.
    I just liked to thank everyone of the show the creators, producers, directors the writers and ofcourse the 6 brilliant Actors of the shows. You have truly created the best show ever and millions and millions around nearly every country in the world would agree!

Ross and Phoebe chase Rachel to the airport, but end up at the wrong one. They narrowly make it to the right airport, where Ross declares his love for Rachel, but she gets on the plane anyway. A rejected Ross returns home, where he finds a message on his answering machine, revealing that Rachel got off the plane, just as the real thing shows up behind him. They decide to be together. Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica finish packing for their move to the suburbs, and Joey loses Chick Jr. and Duck Jr. in the foosball table. In the last scene when Monica and Chandler finish packing to leave to their new home in the suburbs, All Six Friends MONICA, RACHEAL, PHOEBE, ROSS,CHANDLER & JOEY leave together outside of the apartment to have one last coffee at Central Perk, thats how the best television show ever made ends.
  • the last ever episode of friends, which will make you want to cry

in this episode ross finally admits his love for rachel and he and phoebe rush to the airport to stop her going. meanwhile chandler and monica are packing away the apartment when joey is going to give them thier housewarming present-a baby chick and a baby duck.however they get stuck in the fooseball table and thier only option is to break it open and get them out.
    meanwhile phoebe and ross get to the airport but they then realise rachel has already got on the plane and that they are at the wrong airport. phoebe then calls up rachel and tells her to get off the plane. a nervous passenger on the plane hears the conversation and gets off the plane. then everybody on the plane gets off. ross finally gets to the airport and declares his love for rachel but she gets on the plane anyway.ross then gets back home and listens to his answering machine. it is rachel saying sorry and realising she loves him too, she frantically pleads with the hostess to get off the plane. the message ends and ross says " did she get off the plane?" rachel is behind him and says"i got off the plane". they then kiss and vowe not to ruin it again.
    monica walks in on chandler and joey who cant break the fooseball table and breaks it open herself.chandler then tells joey to keep the chick and duck. they then hug and the final scene is with the six friends in the empty apartment. in the end they all put thier keys on the table and they all go out for one last coffee. the camera pans around the apartment, finishing on the door, and that marks the last ever episode of friends.
  • The finale - so hard not to cry!

Ross and Phoebe race to the airport, but end up at the wrong one (typical). They only just make it to the right airport and catch her. Ross manages to declare his love for Rachel, but she decides against staying in New York. An upset Ross returns home, where he finds a message on his answering machine, revealing that Rachel got off the plane, just as the real thing shows up behind him. They decide to be together.
  • This is where it all ends...Ultimate sadness to see it go.

I watch this episode on rainy days, when I'm bored, or sometimes when I just need some comfort. It was nice to see it all wrap up happily. For years I had rooted for Ross and Rachel and the writers did the right thing for the biggest angsty, "Will they, won't they" couple in the history of primetime. I was also happy that Monica and Chandler got two bundles of joy. Joey and Phoebe were Joey and Phoebe. After years of watching, it was sad to see it all end. While ends were tied up, it would have been nice to see a years later shot with all their kids playing together or at least a mention of a Ross and Rachel wedding or marriage. All in all though, nice ending.
  • I love friends.

I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends. I love friends.
  • Its the last episode of the series. Rachel and Ross get together, Monica and Chandler have 2 babies.

I really loved this episode!... I laughed a lot, and i think it was the perfect way to end it, because we can really see everything fitting together...finally we see that Rachel and Ross will be together for ever!, Monica and Chandler are happy with their babies, Phoebe is married and Joey is doing pretty well on his job. Some parts of it made me cry because they were really emotional and touching, and also because I knew it was the last episode of one of my fav series ever... so even though i was kind of deppressed because there wouldnt be any more new episodes i felt good because it really was everything i expected it to be!

LOVE IT!
  • i love this episode!

this is an amazing episode. with an awsome storyline and a great way to end the best sitcom ever.Friends waz the funniest show on earth. and to see that ross and rachel end up together, to find out that chandler and monica live happlily ever after and its awsome that joey gets his own show. i really love this episode and it was worth the wait. it sucks that it had to end. and this was the right episode to end it with. and the ending of this episode was so cool when the whole gang went for one last cup of coffee. a great episode.
  • It made me sad to see it all end.

The best show vere. It had to end. I cried. I really did. [edit] Part 1
    Phoebe and Joey pack Monica and Chandler's belongings as the couple accompany Erica, who went into labor at the end of the previous episode, to the hospital. Meanwhile, Rachel leaves Ross's bedroom after their apparent reunion in the previous episode. Erica gives birth to twins, to the surprise of Monica and Chandler, who were expecting only one child. At his apartment, Joey shows Phoebe his house-warming gift for Monica and Chandler: A chick and duck to replace the ones that died. Ross arrives and confesses to the pair that he slept with Rachel. Rachel emerges from her bedroom and, to his disappointment, tells Ross that the sex was "the perfect way to say goodbye".

Later in Central Perk, Phoebe convinces Ross to tell Rachel how he feels about her before she leaves for her new job in Paris. As he is about to tell her, Gunther (James Michael Tyler) steps in front of him and confesses his love for Rachel. Back at Monica and Chandler's apartment, Ross decides not to tell Rachel, for fear of rejection. She prepares to leave to catch her flight, but waits long enough for Monica and Chandler to return with the babies. After she leaves, Ross has a change of heart, and he and Phoebe follow Rachel to the airport in her taxi.[2]

[edit] Part 2 Joey returns to his apartment to fetch chick and the duck , he was hiding , but finds they have become trapped in the foosball table. He and Chandler decide to break it open when they cannot find any other way of getting the birds out. Phoebe's reckless driving gets Ross and her to the airport and after buying a ticket to get past security they search the information boards for Rachel's flight number. Ross checks the number with Monica but discovers they are at JFK Airport, while Rachel was flying out of nearby Newark Airport. Phoebe phones Rachel, who has already boarded her flight, to stall her for time. When a passenger overhears Phoebe saying there is a problem with the plane, he gets off the plane, prompting everyone else to leave. Chandler and Joey have difficulty breaking open the table, so Monica does it for them. When they retrieve the birds, Chandler suggests Joey keep them.

Phoebe and Ross arrive at the airport as Rachel boards the plane again. Ross tells her he loves her but she is unable to deal with his confession and gets on the plane anyway. Ross returns home, dejected, and finds a message from Rachel on the phone. She explains her actions and decides to get off the plane, but the message cuts off. Ross turns around to see Rachel standing in the doorway and they embrace. The following morning, the friends gather in Monica and Chandler's empty apartment. They decide to go for a cup of coffee before Monica and Chandler leave for the new house.
  • Superb!

It was sad when the big hit show finished, but it did finsh with a big bang! When chandler and monica finally moved out of the flat and started a family...with twins!
    ross and rachel finally got back together after alot of antisipation!
    and they had there last cup of coffee in centrel perk...
    all five actors had a blossoming friendship and showed alot of chemisty on the television making the programme 10 times better!,
    they tried making a spin-off called joey but people didnt really watch it even though personally i like the spin-off joey! i thought it was great!
    friends you get a 10/10! you were superb!
  • "(To babies) So look around, you guys. This was your first home. And it was a happy place. Full of love, and laughter. But more important, because of rent control, it was a friggin' steal!"-Chandler Bing.

Ross and Rachel sleep together - Ross thinks it'll make her stay; Rachel thinks it's a good way to say goodbye. Gunther tells Rachel he's in love with her. Everyone's surprised when Erica delivers twins. Ross and Phoebe race to the airport to tell Rachel of his feelings - but she gets on the plane anyway. She then has a change of heart and reconciles with Ross. The gang turn in their keys to Monica and Chandler's apartment and go out for one last coffee all together. This was very sad after ten long and enjoyable years my favourite sitcom finnished I don't think we will see anything as funny as this ever agian, I loved the series so much it has had me laughing so much and it still makes me laugh now, this was a great conclusion to the series.
  • What an amazing show.

It was so hard to see this show go. It was truly one of the all time greats. It is so hard to say that ten years has passed. It is however rather helpfull, when you miss six of the greatest characters that were ever created to sit down and watch old reruns or the seasons on dvd. Friends will be much mised. I am happy that Ross and Rachel got together in the end. Monica and Chanlers babies are sooo cute. Just thinking about the end of this era makes me want to cry. Friends was truly one of the greatest shows ever.
  • I can't believe it's over, but it ended very well.

I can't believe it's over, but it ended very well.

It's hard to believe that the very successful and utterly hilarious FRIENDS is over.
    I started watching FRIENDS at the 10th season premiere and became immediately hooked. I found it very difficult to leave these very funny friends... So I'm buying the seasons on DVD so that I can see all the episodes I miss. I also watch them on TBS and THE CW but it's really more fun to own them on DVD. Good-bye Chandler, Monica, Joey, Phoebe, Ross, and Rachel. Yeah, i still watch reruns, But who in their right mind wouldn't?
  • Great way to end the series. Plus Rachel and Ross are together again

My favorite episode of the season. It closed the whole series altogher. I love the very last part when Ross came home and he saw there was a voicemail on his answering machine. He was listening to it and his facial expression when she said she wanted to get off the plane was so adorable. Then when the phone cut off and he had no idea what she was doing he was screaming at the phone did she get off the plane? Did she get off the plane? Then you hear her voice saying "I got off the plane" and he turns around and oh yes my favorite scene out of the whole series
  • This was good, really good. I loved it.

FRIENDS has been a favorite show of mine since it's 5th or 6th season. I've seen almost all of the episodes from season 1, and just about all of them after season 6, too. Then again, I was only 2 when this show started... LOL But, yeah, once I found out about this show, I immediately fell in love with it. My mother wanted to kill me because I was like 7 or 8 when I first started watching FRIENDS. My grandmother loves this show, too. But it was funny that I was able to understand the show better than she did. My aunt was the same way. I still understand a lot better than they do. LOL Anyway, this episode was awesome. It was really funny, too. That's basically what this show was meant for, too. I'm glad that FRIENDS ended the way it did. I noticed there were a lot of emotional things that went on between the cast members, too. Well, I've been upset about the ending of the show, but all things must come to an end someday and somehow. So, as I said when this episode was over "Farewell to an awesome show. Great job to everyone and I will miss you forever and ever!!!!!" I did say that, by the way. I was being a total drama queen.
  • i am so sad.I almost cried:)

when i watched this episode i had to wacth it alone because i knew it would make me sad! You probably think i am wierd but it was just so emotional when rachel says 'i got off the plane'and the whole audience sreams.I thought this whole episode was just a brilliant way to end a briliant show.I loved the emotion but i also loved it at the end where they all put their keys on the table.everything about this episode was just really great!The parts at the airport were just so sad and they made me feel really sad the show was ending.I Love friends and i am so glad it is coming back!:)
  • "a great end to a great show"

Ross and Phoebe chase Rachel to the airport, but end up at the wrong one. They narrowly make it to the right airport, where Ross declares his love for Rachel, but she gets on the plane anyway. A rejected Ross returns home, where he finds a message on his answering machine, revealing that Rachel got off the plane, just as the real thing shows up behind him. They decide to be together. Meanwhile, Chandler and Monica finish packing for their move to the suburbs, and Joey loses Chick Jr. and Duck Jr. in the foosball table. a great end to a great show.
  • Good... but slightly predictable.

7.8
    I LOVED this episode when it aired. I mean, yay! Ross and Rachel get together! Everyone is happy!!! But, then, as I have reflected on it, it isn't so great.

Rachel doesn't go to Paris. It was an amazing job. I think it would have been better for her to go to Paris and not have all that Ross and Rachel stuff. I know that R&R were a foundation of the series and that it is nice to see them happy. But I also have issues with Rachel not taking that job. So predictable and cliche. My main issue with that is I am not so sure Ross and Rachel really are meant to be together. Its just something that I have thought a lot about through various series... okay, maybe that makes me pathetic. But, I honestly don't think that they are right together.

I loved the Monica/Chandler storyline with the babies. Although I am surprised that they were able to go home from the hospital so fast, and that they were able to get so much stuff for the twins, like a double stroller, so fast. Actually, anything. I mean, the babies were early so they would probably have to be in the premie unit, with little complications. And they didn't have time to go shopping for things like carseats which are required before you leave the hospital. I know it was for the show, but little things like that take me out of the flow of the story than if they slightly mention it. I will admit though it makes for a great reveal with Joey not noticing.

I felt like Joey and Phoebe were basically ignored for the story. Again, I realize that R&R are hallmark friends, but it was so just 'okay, yay, phoebe and mike are going to have babies... and joey is still joey' it wasn't much of anything to do with them, which is a real disappointment. I wish they had at least made mention of Joey going off to Hollywood for the spinoff.

So, it is still an enjoyable episode, but, it was predictable. But, it was a good ending to an amazing series.
< 1 2 3 4