Friends

The Last One (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 06, 2004 on NBC

Episode Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Great finally - if you are a Ross and Rachel fan. If you're not, then not so great. This was not a finally for a show about friends, this was a finally for a show about a couple.

Ross and Rachel got easily 50% of the screen time, if not more. And yet they managed to do nothing even remotely funny or original with their storyline. We have seen this type of scenario time and time (and time) again. Had Rachel really gone to Paris I might have liked it, for that would have been at least original. But she didn't. And the annoying thing is, you know that they probably broke up again after a few weeks or so. They just don't match. Rachel is too controlling and has to be right all the time, and she brings out the worst in Ross. Ross on the other hand completely gives up his personality to be her puppy dog. They can't make each other happy.

I remember back in season two it was decided that Rachel is Ross' lobster. I also remember that he is allergic to shellfish.

What was with the laugh track? I understand that they sometimes have to use one, it doesn't really bother me much, but in this episode they really took it a bit too far. Whatever a person did got a round of laughs (unless it aws supposed to be sad). Ross looks out from under a quilt - laughs. He looks at Rachel - laughs. He says something non-comedic (like "hi") - laughs. It just got ridiculous! There were even laughs when Joey, Rachel, Phoebe and Ross took out their spare keys to leave behind in the apartment. We know Monica gave them spare keys, where exactly is the joke here?

I felt really bad for Matt LeBlanc and Lisa Kudrow. They got to be supporting cast in their own series finally. No storylines of their own, no real conclusion for either one of them. Monica and Chandler did have their screen time with the baby storyline but that one was rather toned down in favor of Ross and Rachel.

I am seriously disappointed that they put the major focus of this final episode onto Ross and Rachel. I know they have a fanbase, but what about the rest of the fans of the show? Shouldn't this episode have been for us too? Apparently not.

I was pretty glad though to get to see Joey and Chandler together in the last episode, the way we used to get to see them. The goodbye between them was much more moving than any of the scenes with Ross and Rachel.

By the way I still think it's quite disturbing that Ross doesn't care at all that Emma is leaving, only Rachel.

Pretty lame that they reused a line from Ben's birth by the way. In that episode Phoebe said that Ben looks just like Susan, who isn't a biological parent, and in this episode Chandler says baby Jack has Monica's eyes. Great creativity, nice work. Not.

When did Erica get stupid? She wasn't an idiot in the first episodes she appeared in. But then again the writers seem to know only two ways of cracking jokes - sex and stupidity. And since you can't very well do sex jokes with a woman in labour they had to go with stupid instead.

If you ask me, the last episode should have ended with all six of them hanging out at Chandler and Monica's new house, showing that nothing's really changed.

As it is now, it's not even worth watching. Not if you're a fan of Friends. But it was a nice end to the Ross and Rachel Show.
  • This was the end of the best show ever.

This episode was a fitting end to the best show ever, Friends.
    During the show all you could do was laugh, just like we have for 10 seasons of this brilliant show, but once it was over the floodgates had opened and you couldn't hold back the tears. It was the end, and it dawned on us that the only way we would see our "Friends" again was in repeats and on dvd (Which are still perfect the 2nd and 3rd...and 100th time around). No more gathering around the tv to watch new episodes of our beloved Friends. It was the final episode. But what an episode it was!
    It perfectly wraps up all the loose ends. The Ross and Rachel love story is finally resolved, Monica and Chandler get their much awaited child, plus one. Phoebe is happily married and Joey is free to pursue his acting career in the Friends spinoff, "Joey".
    The cast, and the writers, were as funny and as brilliant as ever, but in the end it was sad all the same.
    Friends you will be missed. It is the best show ever, and it will live on in our hearts forever.
  • This was a great show!

This was a really great show! For a show to be on for 10 years and to have all the regulars appear in every single episode, plus a spin off is a real great accomplishment!
    I've watched this show from the beginning till the end and I alreay figured Ross and Rachel were goin to get back together! oh also it's not said in the notes, but if anyone has noticed Joey is the only one of the six who was never married at all dureing the show, but that all changes dureing season 2 of Joey on a christmas episode he marries his guy friend when they get drunk in Mexico!
    Well the last thing I really have to say is that I loved this show!
  • Too mushy

I still cannot get over the fact that Rachel and Ross got together. By the end of the series the chemistry between Joey and Rachel was far more convincing than Ross. Their coming together looked contrived. Also everybody goes different ways. 10 years they lived together and I am guessing they could have just continued that way. By the end of the series, it became just too sentimental and one had to force a laugh. The only 2 characters that never changed were Rachel and Joey and it would have been just perfect if they would have got together.
  • make it to the right airport, where Ross declares his love for Rachel, but she gets on the plane anyway. A dejected Ross returns home, where he finds a message on his answering machine, revealing that Rachel got off the plane, just as the real thing shows

I cried so much at the end of this episode and have it on tape and i watched it so much i swear the tape is crying out to be left for a day!
    Anyway this episode brought all six friends together over all 10 years we never saw what great moments and they were all shown in this episode.All the emotions we could ever fell were in this episode i never realised i could be jealous of Rachels skirt hee he anyway this show is greatly missed and will alway be one of the greatest finals ever made throughout the world!!
  • This is a really good episode!!!

This is the best episode ever!

Ross and Pheobe chase Rachel to the airport but they end up at the wrong airport so Ross and Pheobe go to the other airport and they just make it. Ross tells Rachel that he loves her and then she still goes to Paris. Later in the show Rachel realizes that she actully loves Ross and barely gets off the plane and goes to Ross\'s apartment and kisses him. Rachel decides not to go to Paris.

Monica and Chandler find out that they are going to have twins. There happy that there having twins.

I give this episode a 10 out of 10.
  • Fantastic episode, really great!

With this episode the magic journey of FRIENDS has come to an end. I think that this is how I imagined the show would end after all, with the big reunion between Ross and Rachel - which I think could have been plotted better, during the whole season- and a happy ending for every character. I didn't like the choice of a spinoff about Joey, that caused him not having any "closure" within this episode, I would have been more willing to see another spinoff about Chandler and Monica dealing with their new life as parents (it could have been "The Bings"); this way Joey could hav had his own happy ending, making this episode even better. Besides Ross&Rachel's reunion I liked the table breaking and the final scene the most, since there are about the "Goodbye" the show has given us. Not to mention the final sequence with the actors leaving and that beautiful song playing while the camera shows us the empty apartment, a real tearjacker. Maybe this really was the perfect way to say goodbye...
  • Very Emotional

This episode is very emotional and sets a great seen bing the last one eva. there are many jokes in it which try to make it better but dont work in my eyes.

This episode ends on a happy note with one of Chandlers sarcastic jokes. It ends with all the friends going to the same place as a grope like the very begging.

Sadly this really was the last episode and the series was cut short to show this episode.

This episode may make you cry so when watching it have some tissiues with you.

In this episode everyone gets to do something that we now then for like bein clean or wierd, stupid, sacastic or a gosip.

Watch this episodw or you weill never knoe how it ended.
  • Monica and Chandler leave the city to raise the twins, Ross and Rachel FINALLY get back together, and...Joey gets to keep Chick Jr. and Duck Jr.

After 10 years of airing, this show has finally came to an end.

In this last episode, Monica and Chandler leave the city to raise the twins, Ross and Rachel FINALLY get back together, and...Joey gets to keep Chick Jr. and Duck Jr.

A great way to end a great show!

• Brilliant Episode!

This episode is great. I'm so glad that it ends so happily. You may need a box of tishues though as this is a sad episode, it is the end of an era. The last time you will see a brilliant, fantastic, wonderful, good, great, spectacular, funny, well-made, good storyline, beautiful, brilliant, perfect friends sitcom episode. I know that you will enjoy this awesome episode!!
  • make sure you have a box of tissues!

After 10 years Friends is ending,which isn't nessecarily a bad thing.Things have been bad for Friends this season.First of all,not a good way to end the show.You know how while they show the credits they show one last little clip?It ended when they went to go have one last cup of coffe.They could have at least showed what they talked about and show them having the cup of coffe.I cried and I always will cry.It was a happy ending,Monica and Chandler got the babies they always wanted,ross and raechel ended up together AGAIN,Joey moved to California with his cousin and pheobe went to live with Mike.second best episode and an Ok way to end a great series.
  • Ross and Rachel get back together for once, Phoebe and Joey handle the departure of Monica and Chandler, who are struggling on moving our of an apartment filled with memories, plus the arrival of the twins!

I have always loved this show! Through each season, this great show kept improving until it culminated in this excellent series finale!
    I am really going to miss this show, it was a funny sitcom over all! Every character has its own personal attribute that makes it unique, funny, and crucial for the development of this gang in NYC!
  • PERFECT SERIAL

I cried! I cried because it was the end, it was sweet, powerful, it was everything! So many shows ended awfully, and yet they manage to keep 'Friends' perfect for ten years.

Monica and Chandler, one word - sweet. It was the perfect ending. Erica having twins was a great idea, and I tought it wonderful that they named the boy baby Jack. Courteney Cox and Matthew Perry were as always great, they have a lot of chemistry and made a lot out of Mon and Chan's relationship over these last four seasons.

Phoebe - a great flashback of everything Pheebs' has been. Singing, making stupid jokes, being sweet with her hubby, understanding Joey... I loved how Phoebe changed over the years.

Joey. Well, Joey's Joey. He sits in the paint. He doesn't get jokes. He eats. Joey remained with all the girls in the world, and, of course, the chick and the duck (SO happy to have "chicks and ducks in the world again"!). His moments with Chandler were amazing, showed how great friends they are.

And Ross and Rachel. She got off the plane!!! Ten whole years! It could not have been different, and yet they made it perfect. That last scene, of her getting in his apartment, was completely amazing! Probably one of the best quotes ever:
    Rach: "So this is it, you and I, together."
    Ross: "Unless we are on a break."
    Those writers rock.
  • h

omg i love it so much ross tells rachel that he still loves her when she is goin to paris but rachel still goes when ross gets home theres a message that rachel might have not got on the plane and from behind rachel goes i got off the plane i cried the best series finale
  • Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!

Rach: "So this is it, you and I, together."
    Ross: "Unless we are on a break."
    Those writers rock.

As this is the end, let's finish it right.
    "How you' doing?"
  • I love this show so much!!!

I cant believe its finished!!!! It was the best show ever!!!! I love this show so much!!! I just bought the series 1 - 10 complete set. The last episode is so great!!! An awesome end to an awesome show!!!! I wish it would come back, just for one more episode ...
  • I have always been a huge fan of friends and now that it came to an end it was sad to see them go... but good thing joey is still around to fill the time slot :p

This was a sad episode... it was good but It was hard to see them leave, Chandler and Monica have twins and bought an apartment, Pheoby is married, Ross and Rachel are hopefully together forever and Joey moved to las vagas with his sister(see Joey on NBC). I have always been a huge fan of friends and now that it came to an end it was sad to see them go... but good thing joey is still around to fill the time slot :p
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! friends rox my world!!!!!!!!!

this was such a great episode. everything was really happy and yes, predictable. but i really seriously needed predictable because obviously we all want them to get back together and also that duck and chick thing with the bird calls and chandler going well yes, i'm quite the woodsman is sooooooooooohilarious.

i am gonna miss friends sooooooooooooooooo much i nearly cried. the ending with them all together was great.
  • I just can't belive it's over.

I really loved this episode. How everything finally falls into place. How even now they still find out new things about each other. One could actually feel that they knew each other, they cared about each other.

Ross goes with Phoebe to the airport to realize that they're in the wrong one. They finally reach Rachel on time just for her to say she has to go was terrible. Specially when Ross gets to his apartment and listens to the machine. Rachel saying how she felt and then feeling she has to stay and get out of the plane. I really loved this scene.

Ross wondering if she got out of the plane was really scary, what if she didn't? But she did. It was awesome, almost perfect. I had teary eyes but I couldn't avoid laughing at the really repeated joke about the "break". What if we are on a break? Yeah he shouldn't make jokes there but then again timing has never been a friend of Ross.
  • GREAT EPISODE!!!!

The episode was GREAT! it was a good way to end Friends. Monica and Chandler got their baby they wanted, plus they got another one! they have a boy and girl, Jack, after Monica's dad, and Erica, after the birth mother. Phoebe and Mike decide they want to have kids. Joey was just... Joey!!! and the best part Ross goes to the airport to tell Rachle that he's in love with her but she goes on the plain anyways...... but she comes back and they decide to get back together......AGAIN! I cried cause Friends is such a GREAT show and they ended it in a GOOD way!
  • The one we have all been waiting for what a way to end a 10 year old series.

This was a great way to end a series. As Monica and chandler move on to there new home with there babies. The friends all come together to say goodbye. But when Rachel is about to go off to London the goodbye's get even harder the thought of Rachel and ross never being together for most is un canning. But when they kiss at the end and decide to spend there lives together it makes the show all worth while this is what friends is about. True lovr. no show could have ended better.
  • The perfect way to end a 10 year long series. Will Rachel and Ross end up together? The moment every Friends fan wanted to see for a very long time. It happened in one of the most exciting storylines in television history. Monica and Chandler finally get

How can six friends say goodbye to each other after 10 wonderful and hilarious seasons. This was one of the best ending in history to a series. On May 6th 2004, 51.8 million people tuned in to find out if Rachel and Ross would get back together? Would Rachel go and take the job offer in Paris? They kept us guessing until the very last few minutes of the finale. When Ross got the airport wrong, everyone was upset, and had their hopes up of finally reuniting the couple. All the twist and turns kept everyone on the edge of the seats as Rachel finally says, "I got off the plane", sending goosebumps through everyone's bodies. The perfect ending to a relationship that was on and off a break for 10 years. Monica and Chandler finally get their babies that they wanted, and in a last minute surprise twist, they receive twins! No one expected at the beginning of the season them having any babies, then in the end closing the chapter of that relationship with a huge shock as they recieved twins. This was the best way to end a 10 year long series. This has been a series that has raised the bar for upoming comedies to come to television. Friends will forever live in DVD and Syndication. For more on Friends visit www.geocities.com/raffaele881423
  • Wow I cried in this episode!

This episode made me cry for so many reasons. One, Monica and Chandler finally got their kid (actually two kids). It was great to see them finally get what they deserved after like 5 years together. I cried when Rachel left Ross and went on the plane, and I cried when she got off the plane and went to him. I cried when they all left the apartment and all we saw were the keys, which symbolized that they were really gone. All in all it was a great way to end the series (although I did not want it to end at all.) It was probabley one of the funniest episodes too. There was a lot of symbolism. Like Joey and Chandler breaking the fooseball table which said that things will change. Also, they keys were my favorite part. I loved this episode!
  • It was beautiful!

Oh i loved the ending.. It was very well written and The story just ended very well.. Ross and rachel, finally together.. i loved that he first got after her and then she got after him.. ah and the twince from mondler.. they were so cute...It was just.. the perfect way to say goodbye!
  • a great way to say goodbye

i would've rethought maybe a tad of the writing but it was excellent, and well executed. it was sad to see them go. i think the decision to have the second to final shot be of them walking out of the buliding was great, and have the final shot be on the door frame.
  • The End Of An Era.....Im Saddened

Well...I must say this episode is very emotional and upseting for me but in some ways its also happy....

When Ross went to the airport for Rachel and talked to her, told her he loved her with his heart I was crying and when she said that she had to get on the plane it was unbearable....it was so heart wrenching...I admit i cryed....

Another thing that made me cry is when the baby chick and baby duck (the jr ones) get caught in the fooseball table and then chandler and joey have to break it open...and cant till they say goodbye...they say goodbye eventually but still cant do it..monica does it for them...In the next bit the boys are sitting on the floor with bits of the table around them and they are holing the little animals....also with them...is when chandler tells joey that he can keep the birds and joeys happy because then chandler has a reason to stay...chandler tells him that there was another reason to visit before and they do a little "lame man hand shake" but then nd up hugging.....it brung tears to my eyes...

And one final sad moment for me to talk about....when the boxes are packed in Monica and Chandlers apartment and the room is empty...how all 6 are there....they put there keys on the bench and then all decide to go to central perk for one last coffee and they walk out and close the door...and the camera goes around the empty room...does a shot with the six keys on the bench and then goes and does one last shot foreve...and its on the door with the frame around the little peep hole....and it fades to blackness and the credits roll.....

It really gets me how they can just end something like Friends....its an amazing show...and will never be replaced in my heart as a fan and im sure there are many more people around the world that feel the same way....

Goodbye Monica Gellar-Bing, Rachel Green, Pheobe Buffay (Hannigan), Chandler Bing, Ross Gellar and of course Joey Tribiani....We all love you so much!

Bye Neski
    xx
  • We finally see what happens with the whole Ross and Rachel spectacular! Chandler and Monica finally get their baby (which turns out to be BABIES), Phoebe and Mike decide their going to try to have their own children, and Joey... well Joey is going to keep

A wonderful way to say goodbye. We begin with the whole Ross and Rachel thing, they've just slept together, we don't know where this will lead. Ross making the decision that he wants to be with her is interrupted by Gunther - finally telling Rachel he is in love with her - a brilliant piece of comedy if i ever saw one! We then get to focus on the Monica/Chandler storyline where they are meeting their new children, with the bonus surprise they are getting twins! A boy and a girl, everything they wanted! So we know they will end up happy. The Ross/Rachel thing is finally sorted - even after a whole airport mixup, awkward conversation and crappy joke about how they could be "on a break". The series ends with a wonderful yet incredibly sad scene where they all say goodbye to Monica's apartment. You can tell that in particular Jennifer, David and Courtney are totally devastated, judging by the spontanteous hug they have, with Jennifer having to hide her face the entire time because she is so upset. As Rachel says "It was just the perfect way to say goodbye..."

I MISS YOU FRIENDS!!!!!
  • Goodbye FRIENDS! Rachel: You guys wanna get some coffee? Chandler: Where?

In the final episode of a long-running comedy series, everything changes and there's no turning back.

Monica and Chandler get their twins (I hope we can check sometimes in the future - maybe on JOEY - how are they handling their twins), Rachel and Ross (after a long and funny chase with Phoebe) end up together (as expected - it would be just terrible if it would end in another way), Phoebe is still crazy (by singing the opera songs) but ready to continue her marriage with Mike, and Joey stays just the same way he always was (he buys a chick and duck-junior and they end up in the foosball table).

GOOD THINGS:
    - I'm glad that Rachael and Ross ended up together.
    - A very good last line and a very good episode as well

BAD THINGS:
    - Although they had to do it, I hate the fact that after so many years of using it, Chandler and Joey had to destroy their loved foosball table.
    - Gunther's silly confession to Rachel.

However, I'm glad that everything turned out the way it did and I kinda hate the fact that the show is over, but that had to end up sometimes. It would probably become boring later.

I'm currently watching Friends's spin-off Joey, and although it's not the same as Friends, the show is good. I hope that some of the regulars from Friends will guest star eventually on the show.

Goodbye, FRIENDS!

Rachel: You guys wanna get some coffee?
    Chandler: Where?
  • i believe they rounded it off well, with a great and joyful finish. it was smart and well thought out with the ending of rachel and ross's story. highly entertaining. 9.6 out of ten.

finaly rachel n ross getting back together, ending with tear dropping laughters. all i can say is YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is it over. they were going to procced with making a movie but are having doubts. no who wud'nt like to see a whole one and half hour special movie of the friends, laughters all da way
  • This episode is about Rahael and Ross finaly getting back together, Joey losses his chick and duck in the foosball table and Chandler and Monica get ready to leave.

What can i say. This could be the best episode i have ever seen. It has everything, comic relief and sadly, saddness. I love the part when Phoebe says the Philange on the airplane because it keys in with her nickname. It was good how everything just connected and the ending was just perfect.
1 2 3 4