Friends

The Last One (2)

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM May 06, 2004 on NBC

• Good... but slightly predictable.

7.8
    I LOVED this episode when it aired. I mean, yay! Ross and Rachel get together! Everyone is happy!!! But, then, as I have reflected on it, it isn't so great.

Rachel doesn't go to Paris. It was an amazing job. I think it would have been better for her to go to Paris and not have all that Ross and Rachel stuff. I know that R&R were a foundation of the series and that it is nice to see them happy. But I also have issues with Rachel not taking that job. So predictable and cliche. My main issue with that is I am not so sure Ross and Rachel really are meant to be together. Its just something that I have thought a lot about through various series... okay, maybe that makes me pathetic. But, I honestly don't think that they are right together.

I loved the Monica/Chandler storyline with the babies. Although I am surprised that they were able to go home from the hospital so fast, and that they were able to get so much stuff for the twins, like a double stroller, so fast. Actually, anything. I mean, the babies were early so they would probably have to be in the premie unit, with little complications. And they didn't have time to go shopping for things like carseats which are required before you leave the hospital. I know it was for the show, but little things like that take me out of the flow of the story than if they slightly mention it. I will admit though it makes for a great reveal with Joey not noticing.

I felt like Joey and Phoebe were basically ignored for the story. Again, I realize that R&R are hallmark friends, but it was so just 'okay, yay, phoebe and mike are going to have babies... and joey is still joey' it wasn't much of anything to do with them, which is a real disappointment. I wish they had at least made mention of Joey going off to Hollywood for the spinoff.

So, it is still an enjoyable episode, but, it was predictable. But, it was a good ending to an amazing series.