Friends

The One After "I Do"

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Sep 27, 2001 on NBC

• Monica & Chandler's wedding party.

Questions are answered in this premiere, which I found quite satisfying overall. My favorite scene would have to be when Ross mentioned all of his past marriages after Monica & Chandler get married. After the cliffhanger from last season, we learn that Rachel is pregnant. The only thing that remains a question mark is who the father is. Rachel takes the pregnancy test again at the wedding party just to make sure she's pregnant, meanwhile Phoebe has to continue to cover for Rachel pretending that she is the one who is pregnant. Monica eventually finds out and Phoebe teases us in the end there. She lies and says that Rachel isn't pregnant. Rachel realizes she wants to have a baby, that's when Phoebe tells her that she is pregnant. Definitely is going to be a bit of a change for these six friends with the season long pregnancy coming in to play. But I surprisingly like the direction this show is getting at. Joey tries to impress Mrs. Bing's date after finding out he is directing a Broadway show, and we find out that Joey is a size seven in shoes! Chandler reveals he took dance lessons but never seems to dance quite right since his shoes are too slippery. And Ross tries to impress a girl, by dancing with little kids. All plots were hilarious, some of them were even emotional. Great solid season opener.